Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ambition v Business 09:54 - Aug 26 with 3356 viewsGVJack

Given our start, do you think Kaplan, Levien (& Birch) are still looking to move Baston and Ayew on? Surely they must be tempted to keep the duo and see how we fair with a possible return to the premiership at the end of it? That is supposedly their ambition after all.

With the sale of McBurnie and DJ, and other High earners off the payroll and still receiving parachute payments surely their books can be balanced this season?

I know every player has his price, so if something ridiculous came in then of course they'd sell... I guess my question is would we still consider selling well below market value just to get them off our wage bill?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 9:54]
Ambition v Business on 11:54 - Aug 26 with 703 viewsGVJack

Ambition v Business on 11:28 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

I don't want us to gamble the club's security on promotion. Ayew's got the best part of £10m left to go on his contract. If a permanent offer turns up then we surely have to accept it. That sort of money keeps the academy at top level for a decade.

I don't think one will, though. No one will match his wages based on a few good Championship performances.

I'd like a balance to be struck... Stick with him and pay his wages this year, if he has a good year and we're promoted, that's up to the club and Ayew to discuss his future. If he has a good year but we remain in 2nd tier, the number of clubs interested and value should rise meaning we could still get a decent return in 10 months time. If he doesn't play well then we're in no really a worse position than we found ourselves at the start of this season, so the focus will still be to get him off the books at any price.
Ambition v Business on 12:00 - Aug 26 with 688 viewsCooperman

Ambition v Business on 11:54 - Aug 26 by GVJack

I'd like a balance to be struck... Stick with him and pay his wages this year, if he has a good year and we're promoted, that's up to the club and Ayew to discuss his future. If he has a good year but we remain in 2nd tier, the number of clubs interested and value should rise meaning we could still get a decent return in 10 months time. If he doesn't play well then we're in no really a worse position than we found ourselves at the start of this season, so the focus will still be to get him off the books at any price.

Not really as his value will decrease as he enters the last year of his contract.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Ambition v Business on 12:03 - Aug 26 with 679 viewsGVJack

Ambition v Business on 12:00 - Aug 26 by Cooperman

Not really as his value will decrease as he enters the last year of his contract.

Decrease from what? Birch has already said he'd practically give him away to get him off the payroll. Whats the max we would get for him today? 8m? Next season? 6?
Ambition v Business on 12:06 - Aug 26 with 674 viewspencoedjack

Ambition v Business on 11:02 - Aug 26 by jack247

Let’s be realistic. If they get any kind of permanent offer, or loan with full wages paid for Ayew, he’ll be gone.

They have completely distanced themselves from the club and are looking to minimise outgoings. That doesn’t mean we won’t ever sign players, but it will be done cheaply. If they get a chance to get £80k a week off the books, they’ll take it.

If we were in this position at the end of January, I think Birch may have a chance of persuading them. I can’t see that being the case after 6 games.

I think 777 doesn’t see what the rest of see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024