Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 an hour 10:56 - Nov 13 with 7973 viewsVincent_Vega

For making Big Mac's. I could only dream of earning that!!

Question is will the price of the wrap of the day go up?

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

£15 an hour on 19:36 - Nov 13 with 1484 viewsGroo

I remember when I was an apprentice electrician at Ford, some of the operators were well pissed off that tradesmen had higher wages.

Groo does what Groo does best

£15 an hour on 19:39 - Nov 13 with 1474 viewsJango

£15 an hour on 19:27 - Nov 13 by jack_lord

Labour want to increase the minimum wage to a tenner. The Daily Express say it will be bad for Britain and will will bankrupt many businesses.

Then the Conservative party said they want in increase the minimum wage to a tenner and the Express said it was a brilliant idea and how it would be a great boost to the economy.

Imagine that.

Labour want to do it immediately for everyone over 16.

Tories want to do it for over 21s over a 5 year plan.

I’m far from being a Tory fan but there’s a major difference there.
£15 an hour on 19:52 - Nov 13 with 1450 viewsjack247

Corbyn is in danger of becoming a parody of himself backing campaigns like this.

No disrespect at all to anyone who works in McDonald’s or does a similar job, but the starting salaries for teachers, nurses and police officers are around £20- £25k. Someone working 35 hours a week (I realise many won’t be) at £15 an hour would earn £27,300. There are lots of managerial roles paying less than that.

Someone mentioned hyperinflation in another thread. We’re either looking at that, or the bizarre scenario where people working for McDonalds earn considerably more than people in comparable jobs.

Again, no disrespect to anybody, but it’s completely impractical for everyone to earn the same amount. Unskilled jobs are and should be at the lower end of the scale.

Edit - should have said I’m completely with them on the guaranteed hours (assume this means they are currently on zero hour contracts) and the union representation. Just not the wage demands.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 20:12]
£15 an hour on 19:55 - Nov 13 with 1442 viewsVincent_Vega

£15 an hour on 19:52 - Nov 13 by jack247

Corbyn is in danger of becoming a parody of himself backing campaigns like this.

No disrespect at all to anyone who works in McDonald’s or does a similar job, but the starting salaries for teachers, nurses and police officers are around £20- £25k. Someone working 35 hours a week (I realise many won’t be) at £15 an hour would earn £27,300. There are lots of managerial roles paying less than that.

Someone mentioned hyperinflation in another thread. We’re either looking at that, or the bizarre scenario where people working for McDonalds earn considerably more than people in comparable jobs.

Again, no disrespect to anybody, but it’s completely impractical for everyone to earn the same amount. Unskilled jobs are and should be at the lower end of the scale.

Edit - should have said I’m completely with them on the guaranteed hours (assume this means they are currently on zero hour contracts) and the union representation. Just not the wage demands.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 20:12]

Thank you!!

£15 an hour on 20:02 - Nov 13 with 1425 viewsDr_Winston

McDonalds actually do (or at least recently used to) have a decent reputation as an employer. Somewhere someone without serious qualifications but a good work ethic could really build a career.

There were all sorts of courses and actual training that staff could access that they used to use as a sweetener even if the salary wasn't up to much.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15 an hour on 20:03 - Nov 13 with 1421 viewsDarran

£15 an hour on 20:02 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

McDonalds actually do (or at least recently used to) have a decent reputation as an employer. Somewhere someone without serious qualifications but a good work ethic could really build a career.

There were all sorts of courses and actual training that staff could access that they used to use as a sweetener even if the salary wasn't up to much.

I know a young girl employee that they paid for to go to London for cancer treatment.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 an hour on 20:05 - Nov 13 with 1420 viewsNotLoyal

£15 an hour on 17:25 - Nov 13 by taffpunk

Good luck to them, but it's not going to happen. Most people in the Valleys who work in Factories/Shops are on minimum wage, which I think is about a tenner an hour?

I'm on the road with pfs this week, not sure they pay anything 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

£15 an hour on 20:30 - Nov 13 with 1385 viewsVincent_Vega

£15 an hour on 19:33 - Nov 13 by Neath_Jack

And those occupations you name will still be filled by those people who want to become teachers, doctors, engineers etc. You have to be interested in a job to be able to carry it out to your full potential.

I understand where you say where is the money coming from, but whose fault is that? Let's keep the non-academics down so that the rich can continue to get obscenely rich is it?

It's the unskilled / non academics who keep this country running as much as the master degree students, and don't ever forget that.

You can’t expect people to do these professions for the love of it. That doesn’t put food on the table. I understand what you say about the rich getting richer but hey ho, that’s capitalism. You want a communist state where we’re all payed equal then go for it but history shows it doesn’t work. Human nature is to aspire. What’s the point if we all get the same wage at the end of the month. Agreed the unskilled are a cog in the machine of this country but paying them more than the skilled or management levels is unworkable.

Login to get fewer ads

£15 an hour on 20:35 - Nov 13 with 1375 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 an hour on 20:30 - Nov 13 by Vincent_Vega

You can’t expect people to do these professions for the love of it. That doesn’t put food on the table. I understand what you say about the rich getting richer but hey ho, that’s capitalism. You want a communist state where we’re all payed equal then go for it but history shows it doesn’t work. Human nature is to aspire. What’s the point if we all get the same wage at the end of the month. Agreed the unskilled are a cog in the machine of this country but paying them more than the skilled or management levels is unworkable.

Do you think teachers go into their profession for a high wage? Because they certainly don't get it. I'd do my job for half the wage I get now if that was the going rate, because i love doing it.

I don't want a communist state at all.

Not everyone aspires to do great things butty, again I can give you many real life people who could do so much better should they choose to, but they don't because they are happy with their lot. Not everyone is a greedy money driven person, in fact most of the nicest, kindest people i know are the exact opposite.

The unskilled are every much as an important cog as those engineers and teachers that you named.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£15 an hour on 20:53 - Nov 13 with 1356 viewsDr_Winston

£15 an hour on 20:35 - Nov 13 by Neath_Jack

Do you think teachers go into their profession for a high wage? Because they certainly don't get it. I'd do my job for half the wage I get now if that was the going rate, because i love doing it.

I don't want a communist state at all.

Not everyone aspires to do great things butty, again I can give you many real life people who could do so much better should they choose to, but they don't because they are happy with their lot. Not everyone is a greedy money driven person, in fact most of the nicest, kindest people i know are the exact opposite.

The unskilled are every much as an important cog as those engineers and teachers that you named.

So if they cut your wage by 50% tomorrow you'd keep doing it?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15 an hour on 20:55 - Nov 13 with 1353 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 an hour on 20:53 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

So if they cut your wage by 50% tomorrow you'd keep doing it?

Selective there wuss.

If the going rate was half of what i earn now, I would absolutely still do my job.

That is completely different to taking a 50% wage cut tomorrow.

I did not go into my job for the money.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

£15 an hour on 21:14 - Nov 13 with 1321 viewsDr_Winston

£15 an hour on 20:55 - Nov 13 by Neath_Jack

Selective there wuss.

If the going rate was half of what i earn now, I would absolutely still do my job.

That is completely different to taking a 50% wage cut tomorrow.

I did not go into my job for the money.

More easily said than done, unless you earn enough already so you could earn half and still maintain your standard of lifestyle.

£15 an hour on 21:18 - Nov 13 with 1316 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 an hour on 21:14 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

More easily said than done, unless you earn enough already so you could earn half and still maintain your standard of lifestyle.

What?

That's why I couldn't take a 50% pay cut tomorrow. But I would absolutely choose to do my job for half of what i get now, if that was the going rate when I was looking to start this occupation.

£15 an hour on 21:26 - Nov 13 with 1303 viewsFlashberryjack

£15 an hour on 21:18 - Nov 13 by Neath_Jack

What?

That's why I couldn't take a 50% pay cut tomorrow. But I would absolutely choose to do my job for half of what i get now, if that was the going rate when I was looking to start this occupation.

You're a lucky man, I'm sure heard the very true saying.

"Find a job you like, and you'll never have to work again"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

£15 an hour on 21:28 - Nov 13 with 1297 viewsbuilthjack

A maximum wage would be better. £100 an hour would be sufficient.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

£15 an hour on 21:34 - Nov 13 with 1279 viewsDarran

£15 an hour on 21:14 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

Cuńt is minted he owns half of Briton Ferry.

£15 an hour on 21:37 - Nov 13 with 1272 viewsHighjack

£15 an hour on 21:34 - Nov 13 by Darran

Is he the slave driver who runs the brilliant car wash?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

£15 an hour on 21:39 - Nov 13 with 1265 viewsFlashberryjack

Owning half of Briton Ferry wouldn't make him minted

Hello

£15 an hour on 21:39 - Nov 13 with 1265 viewsNeath_Jack

That would make me worth about £6.50

£15 an hour on 21:40 - Nov 13 with 1261 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 an hour on 21:26 - Nov 13 by Flashberryjack

You're a lucky man, I'm sure heard the very true saying.

"Find a job you like, and you'll never have to work again"

I am extremely lucky mate, I've been with the company for 25 years. Started on the very bottom rung of the ladder for £2.04 an hour. Got my head down, and through luck, good fortune and being in the right place at the right time I've done ok. I've never once asked for a pay rise, a transfer to another role, or applied for a promotion. I'm one of those who as long as I've got enough to pay the essentials, I was happy, anything else was, and is a bonus.

£15 an hour on 21:44 - Nov 13 with 1255 viewsFlashberryjack

£15 an hour on 21:40 - Nov 13 by Neath_Jack

I am extremely lucky mate, I've been with the company for 25 years. Started on the very bottom rung of the ladder for £2.04 an hour. Got my head down, and through luck, good fortune and being in the right place at the right time I've done ok. I've never once asked for a pay rise, a transfer to another role, or applied for a promotion. I'm one of those who as long as I've got enough to pay the essentials, I was happy, anything else was, and is a bonus.

As I said "Lucky man"

Hello

£15 an hour on 21:53 - Nov 13 with 1231 viewsDarran

£15 an hour on 21:39 - Nov 13 by Neath_Jack

That would make me worth about £6.50

Fair point.

£15 an hour on 22:30 - Nov 13 with 1201 viewsItchySphincter

£15 an hour on 19:22 - Nov 13 by Vincent_Vega

Nice bit of assumption going on here.

I’m not on about media degrees and the like. I’m on about teachers, doctors, engineers, the carers you know. The jobs with a worker shortage!! How can we attract them into these industries when they can earn more making wraps? I’ll say again if the reply is pay them more than where is the money coming from? I’ll give you a clue. It’s not a money tree.

Well I’ve never been short of work as an engineer in my adult life. Owned my own company and travelled the world doing things you could only dream of. Not an academic qualification to my name. Too many like you around dumbing down what actually counts.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

£15 an hour on 23:35 - Nov 13 with 1163 viewscontroversial_jack

The more ppl earn , the more they spend in the economy and taxes.Money spent makes the economy go round. Within reason and gradually or it could lead to inflation.
£15 an hour on 23:42 - Nov 13 with 1154 viewsjack_lord

£15 an hour on 19:36 - Nov 13 by Groo

I remember when I was an apprentice electrician at Ford, some of the operators were well pissed off that tradesmen had higher wages.

My stepdad used to train the electrician's at Ford in Swansea.

Talking of high wages, my brother works at Ford's in Bridgend (for now at least) and is on a production line and has to be earning £20 an hour.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024