Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chromecast 12:41 - Dec 29 with 2421 viewsRibbleblue

Hi does anyone know if you can chrome cast or screen mirror the match on ifollow. I only get sound and no blooming picture.
Chromecast on 12:51 - Dec 29 with 2390 viewsKenBoon

You can chrome cast from a PC or Mac Chrome browser.
The app has pretty much everything disabled and browsers on tablets won't load videos. Screen Mirror from iPad's won't work since their app blocks it, which is actually misusing what that feature is intended for (but you'll get sound). It's unacceptable IMHO. They literally break their website and app (which has no iPad pro support) to force folk to watch on their faulty apps rather than cast to a TV. Why? No idea. Maybe to cover the awful quality (frame rate).
Chromecast on 12:52 - Dec 29 with 2386 viewsKenBoon

Oh and right now it has the Gillingham commentary.
Chromecast on 12:56 - Dec 29 with 2374 viewsSheffdale

Chromecast on 12:52 - Dec 29 by KenBoon

Oh and right now it has the Gillingham commentary.

Yes I hear - how can you switch to Dale's commentary, do you know? Help function says it will switch to Dale commentary at kick off. But no surprise it hasn't happened!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 13:18]
Chromecast on 13:04 - Dec 29 with 2333 viewsKenBoon

Just to clarify. All web browsers on iOS, Android, PS4, XBOX, LG, Samsung (and i'm sure more) won't load their videos - so AirPlay, Chromecast, and third party apps won't work. Screen mirroring on iOS is blocked. Web browsers on PC and Mac can play the videos and Chromecasting from these works. You could also use old-fashioned wires to get a big telly output.

Charging £10 a match and then denying the may most folk would want to watch absolutely pisses me off. The fact they hack the f**k out of their apps to make it so difficult makes me question their priority of security. I'd love to know if efl clubs are forced to sign up with efl digital, because there must be anti-competition laws outlawing that. Their service is an absolute disgrace.

It is still Gillingham commentary too.
Chromecast on 13:05 - Dec 29 with 2329 viewsRibbleblue

Chromecast on 12:51 - Dec 29 by KenBoon

You can chrome cast from a PC or Mac Chrome browser.
The app has pretty much everything disabled and browsers on tablets won't load videos. Screen Mirror from iPad's won't work since their app blocks it, which is actually misusing what that feature is intended for (but you'll get sound). It's unacceptable IMHO. They literally break their website and app (which has no iPad pro support) to force folk to watch on their faulty apps rather than cast to a TV. Why? No idea. Maybe to cover the awful quality (frame rate).

Thanks Kenboon. After trying to cast via various methods unsuccesfully I have wired the laptop up to TV.
And yes would prefer our own commentators,!
Chromecast on 13:12 - Dec 29 with 2280 viewsDalenet

Chromecast on 13:05 - Dec 29 by Ribbleblue

Thanks Kenboon. After trying to cast via various methods unsuccesfully I have wired the laptop up to TV.
And yes would prefer our own commentators,!

It is BBC Kent commentary though
Chromecast on 13:16 - Dec 29 with 2254 viewsKenBoon

Chromecast on 13:12 - Dec 29 by Dalenet

It is BBC Kent commentary though

Rochdale's commentary has just come on for me. tbf the Gills commentary was pretty good.

That's another thing. Audio commentary in 2000 had a shorter delay that their audio commentary going into 2020. Even their crappy app can sometimes send me goal notifications before their commentary tells me.
Chromecast on 13:20 - Dec 29 with 2225 viewsmeeee

I don’t know whether it’s me but the Commentary seems to be maybe a second or so in front of the video
Edit- Seemed to fix itself midway through the first half
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 13:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Chromecast on 13:50 - Dec 29 with 2162 viewsNinco

I also had the Gillingham commentary, so after 10 minutes of biased commentary, I muted my laptop and put the Dale commentary on my phone. IFollow blocked the stream because I was using multiple devices. I used their instant messenger thing to explain why and he put the Rochdale commentary on after 20 minutes but insisted that it was my fault for using 2 devices. He couldn't seem to grasp that if he had done his job right in the first place, i wouldn't have needed to use a second stream.

Technically, IFollow are a really poor service with lots of silly errors, but to then back it up with really poor customer service doesn't do them any favours. I really wish I hadn't bought a 12 month subscription to these people.
Chromecast on 13:51 - Dec 29 with 2156 viewsboromat

Casting from chrome on a Chromebook also works for those wondering 👍

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Chromecast on 14:00 - Dec 29 with 2120 viewsDalenet

Chromecast on 13:50 - Dec 29 by Ninco

I also had the Gillingham commentary, so after 10 minutes of biased commentary, I muted my laptop and put the Dale commentary on my phone. IFollow blocked the stream because I was using multiple devices. I used their instant messenger thing to explain why and he put the Rochdale commentary on after 20 minutes but insisted that it was my fault for using 2 devices. He couldn't seem to grasp that if he had done his job right in the first place, i wouldn't have needed to use a second stream.

Technically, IFollow are a really poor service with lots of silly errors, but to then back it up with really poor customer service doesn't do them any favours. I really wish I hadn't bought a 12 month subscription to these people.

In listening to their match commentary they had the Gills asst manager on 3 minutes before kick off. He said that we were a very physical and direct side compared to others in the division. Not something I recognise to be honest but given the need for points would welcome. We get knocked off the ball too often to be accused of being physical. And our continual possession across the back doesn't suggest direct either. Strange what they see
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024