Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillingham away - an Exiles view 21:37 - Dec 29 with 4888 viewssuffolkdale

As I normally read comments on here and watch highlights to gain my view of a game/players it is interesting today to read the comments having actually been to the game. My view of the players first:
Sanchez - first rate performance, good to have a keeper who will come out and collect the ball if necessary- nullified the Evans long throw merchant. Cruelly ironic the goal should come from mis communication on a cross.
Magloire - exactly as it 'said on the tin' when we signed him - young and full of promise but still learning. Did a good job first half as right back, wish he could have stayed there in the second half!
Keohane- gives everything, as soon as he goes off you realise what he contributes.
O'Connell- another who plays with his heart on his sleeve and had an excellent game particularly in the second half when he was surrounded by inexperience. See Sanchez re the cruel irony of the goal.......
McShane- QUALITY- as soon as I realised he was in the team my hopes were lifted, and a major reason to me why we were relatively comfortable in the first half. Him going off at half time changed the whole nature of the game.
Williams- never really been convinced by him and the sending off was stupid - he wasn't the only one who was frustrated but getting yourself sent off solves nothing.
Dooley- puts in a shift but often seems to be on the periphery- not the type of winger who 'skins' the full back and puts in dangerous crosses. In fact in previous games it seems like the full backs are the most dangerous crossers of the ball
Camps- almost playing too far forward in this game. Not at his best and still prone to lose the ball in dangerous situations
Rathbone- traditionally one of my favourite players but had an absolute 'mare' today. Is he fully fit?
Baah - talented youngster, worth a try given the injury situation but apart from one excellent shot in the second half, very peripheral to the action
Wilbraham- a lonely job given the present formation and didn't really look up for it. Hardly won a header all game
Gilliam - did all right overall, is defender his new position? Certainly not going to make it at this level as a forward.
Matheson - suddenly looks what he is - a youth in men's football. Constantly exposed us in the second half. Really needs a break and to 'beef' up!
Andrew- Did more in 20 minutes than Wilbraham did in 70 - oh so nearly nicked an equaliser when bravely heading just wide.
BBM - his analysis of the game was spot on, what more can he do with players he has available? The injuries are worse than I can ever remember and the weaknesses show all over the pitch. What you cannot fault however is the team's effort - clearly they are still playing for the manager and the club.
Referee - one of the worst I have seen for a long time, constantly giving fouls against us and when you are under the cosh as we were in the second half that is the last thing you need. Once Gillingham scored they time wasted- he just shrugged his shoulders and ran off, contrast that to our player bookings.The awful Mr Evans must have been delighted with the referee's 'performance'.
Overall proud to support a set of players who are giving their all but BBM must feel like the little Dutch boy and the dike. As soon as he fills one hole another two spring open. We badly need both reinforcements and a bit of luck!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 22:22]
Gillingham away - an Exiles view on 21:22 - Dec 30 with 879 viewsjudd

Gillingham away - an Exiles view on 08:13 - Dec 30 by 56years

A fascinating insight from a true supporter who is not a regular 'watcher'. As a matter of interest how many away fans were there?
I do wonder whether the club will look to 'cash in' on Hendo while he still has some monetary value in January rather than see him walk away for free in July. A head or heart decision, but in all honesty if he goes then the likelihood of League 2 increases.

I would very much appreciate a definition of "true supporter".

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024