Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3rd lowest scorers in the league. 08:51 - Feb 2 with 2934 viewsthornabyswan

35 goals scored in 30 games.
Only Wigan on 28 and Boro 30 have scored less.

When you consider we had 35 million quids worth of strikers up until last Thursday its a diabolical stat if we are honest.

Our front 4 now of Ayew Brewster Gallagher and Celina looks impressive on paper at least.

But the supply to them is slow and ponderous.

Is this down to the players behind or the manager.

But the big concern is if we cant score goals on a reasonable budget this season how will we manage next.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 8:53]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:52 - Feb 2 with 836 viewsNeath_Jack

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:43 - Feb 2 by karnataka

True, but at least using wingers is a step in the right direction if you want to create more scoring opportunities.

jack247 will be along shortly to tell you that we haven't played with wingers since Martinez.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:58 - Feb 2 with 827 viewsProfessor

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:23 - Feb 2 by NotLoyal

This in a nutshell.
Yesterday Preston were on a plate but we slowly became negative second half, falling back and relied on Joe and Gue to draw the game.

Rodon and Guehi were a good partnership yesterday. Grimes, Celina and Byers (Joyce Byers would be an improvement) were ineffectual-at least Gallagher had a go. Brewster and Ayew almost had to create any opening themselves- Bidwell tried but is slow of foot and footballing brain. Naughton was decent. We looked better with Fulton (which says something). Celina should have been hooked , dropped Ayew back and tried Cullen or Routs with Rhian. Complete lack of midfield
3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:58 - Feb 2 with 827 viewsoldcob

True, but at least using wingers is a step in the right direction if you want to create more scoring opportunities.

When we have the ball in or around the outside corner of the penalty area, instead of passing forward to people in the box, or having a shot, we pass it back outside to people who can't cross i.e. Connor, Celina and Bidwell. I think someone needs to draw a map of the pitch inking in the goal posts in bright red to give them some clue of where it is.
3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 21:18 - Feb 2 with 748 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yes but they also need quick distribution. Not going to get it from the present duo.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 21:21 - Feb 2 with 743 viewsBrynmill_Jack

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:58 - Feb 2 by oldcob

When we have the ball in or around the outside corner of the penalty area, instead of passing forward to people in the box, or having a shot, we pass it back outside to people who can't cross i.e. Connor, Celina and Bidwell. I think someone needs to draw a map of the pitch inking in the goal posts in bright red to give them some clue of where it is.

Unfair on Bidwell. He’s probably the only decent crosser of the ball at the club full stop. I actually wouldn’t mind him taking free kicks and corners on the left side, again no one else seems to have a scooby

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 03:17 - Feb 3 with 668 viewssioni

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 21:21 - Feb 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Unfair on Bidwell. He’s probably the only decent crosser of the ball at the club full stop. I actually wouldn’t mind him taking free kicks and corners on the left side, again no one else seems to have a scooby

Agree with you: we all are aware of his limitations but we should also recognize he has been our best crosser of a moving ball so he should be used as you suggest and hope he’s not mesmerized by a standing ball, more time, different attitude etc, etc.
3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:40 - Feb 3 with 580 viewsjackrmee

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:58 - Feb 2 by oldcob

Bidwell is one of the best crossers we have.
Celina, if playing to his better levels, is also.
Conor can cross.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 12:54 - Feb 3 with 539 viewsSPboy

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:40 - Feb 3 by jackrmee

Bidwell is one of the best crossers we have.
Celina, if playing to his better levels, is also.
Conor can cross.

So, in a nutshell:
Our goalkeeper is too slow getting the game re-started from the back

Our defence is too slow, rolling the ball back and forth between themselves

One of our full backs can sometimes get a good cross in to the box but is too slow & a poor defender

Our midfield is too slow getting the ball forward, no pace, no width, don’t score enough

Our forwards get no service - though McBurnie managed to score 20+ last season

Our substitutions are too late & like for like

Our manage is too slow, defensive, ponderous, s scared of losing

How come so many posters think we are still in with a shout of a play off spot ?

Edit - sorry Jackmee just a general comment not intended as a reply to your post
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 15:14]
Login to get fewer ads

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 12:55 - Feb 3 with 536 viewsDr_Winston

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 12:54 - Feb 3 by SPboy

So, in a nutshell:
Our goalkeeper is too slow getting the game re-started from the back

Our defence is too slow, rolling the ball back and forth between themselves

One of our full backs can sometimes get a good cross in to the box but is too slow & a poor defender

Our midfield is too slow getting the ball forward, no pace, no width, don’t score enough

Our forwards get no service - though McBurnie managed to score 20+ last season

Our substitutions are too late & like for like

Our manage is too slow, defensive, ponderous, s scared of losing

How come so many posters think we are still in with a shout of a play off spot ?

Edit - sorry Jackmee just a general comment not intended as a reply to your post
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 15:14]

Because this is a terrible, terrible division, but we have one of the undoubted best players in it who is carrying us through games at the moment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024