Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Dad, a saint forever 16:43 - May 2 with 5122 viewsluffy22

My dad passed and we had his funeral yesterday, He had a season ticket for well over 30 years, he first started taking me back in the 70's and he had been going long before that.

I want to thank you for being part of his service.

He went to pretty much every ground with saints and had lots of friends from around the ground over the years.

He was in the Northern at St Marys, the Archers at the dell. Him and I used to read the Ugly Inside in paper format when it first started, we would purchase at the ground, he still read this forum up to his passing. Nick you have been part of my family life for many years although we have never met. Dad says thanks for all the laughs and the news :)

It wasn't the virus that got him, but it was because of the virus and self-isolating meant he didn't get the care he needed. He was now old and frail, his time was due, virus or not.

This is not a morbid post, nor one of me seeking sympathy. It is to spread the joy that was bought to us, his family yesterday by him being a saint.

The photos show his coffin had the stripes draped, he was sent to cremation wearing his saints top that was mainly red with the thin white strips, we thought that top was so bad it needed burning, it wasn't a hard choice. He also went into the fire with his saints scarf and bobble hat on.

This is where I thank you all,
The crowning glory was the final music, it was a recording of 'oh when the saints', Recorded at st Marys, it was the crowd singing, no music, just the chant, it was amazing, I'm hoping he was part of the recording.

Cheers and see you all soon

Darren

My Dad, a saint forever on 06:14 - May 14 with 960 viewsBuenosSaint

I took a break from TUI (in fact all internet) for a fortnight and hadn't posted anything for almost a month but your post was so moving and beautiful plus great pics that it urged me to do so

I was catching up after the TUI self inflicted lock down (still 2 weeks behind!) and I have to be honest, in the main, it wasn't pleasant and I was about to "logout" indefinitely. Nick summed up TUI perfectly in this thread and your heartfelt message encouraged me to stay a little longer. Yours was not a morbid post at all; I hope, wish and pray your dad is marching in with the other Saints; he sounds like he earned it. Take care mate.

Poll: The Long Future

My Dad, a saint forever on 06:55 - May 14 with 941 viewsbendybob

Echo all the previous comments Darren. Always a Saint. Head up and god bless
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024