Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? 15:36 - Jun 3 with 8986 viewsymaohyd

I have no idea what the legalities are, however, should Johnson be forced to stand down? My own opinion is that he/the government have managed our response badly, on such a massive scale that it has led to the catastrophic numbers that we are now witnessing.

France, Italy and Spain have poor figures, however we are an island! As things go we were perfectly placed to so to speak to control it's impact.

I've given my opinions on another thread as to Johnson not attending Cobra meetings, speculating that he was being advised by Cummings, which is fine when it comes to being a strategist for an election or a campaign like Brexit (indeed brilliant) but not when it comes to dealing with what is the greatest challenge since the end of the 2nd world war.

Given the nature of this pandemic and the world's difficulty in dealing with it, I would never usually single someone out for blame, however in my opinion we have got it so badly wrong that i'm amazed that the question hasn't been asked or a movement hasn't been formed to get him out....he has been a fuc king disaster and still it continues!?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:33 - Jun 4 with 1406 viewsvetchonian

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 08:32 - Jun 4 by pikeypaul

😆 😆

Is that the cunning plan that the majority of the country voted democratically for?

The reason BOJO voted against May were entirely different to the reasons the remoaners like Clarke voted against her, but obviously you do not understand to well.

If you can not accept democracy and the will of the British people please be quiet.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 8:37]

My point is Bojo et al voted agiant Mays plan as they didnt like it...it still gave is Brexit which the majority voted for so as democracy says the majority wins BOjo Mog and cronies were not sanctioned when they did this BUT when the tables were turned teh hypocrites "expelled" those who voted against their plan as they deemed it damaging.

I wont deny I was against Brexit still believe it will do more damge than good to us...I still have yet to get anyone pro Brexit to give me 5 good reasons why leaving is advantageous to the UK.

My point was not meant to be anti Brexit but to highlight the "morals" of the Prime Minister...who has blundered us out of the EU we are going to end up with no deal ....Nissan say this spells the end of thejobs at SUnderland......buts that 's OK we will have trade deals with China and the US....Boris is now opening the doors to millions form HOng Kong....wasnt Brexit about taking back control of immigration ......whilst peeing off the Chinese government I m sure they will be dlighted to give us a favourable trade deal.

THis man is not fit to be prime minister

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:39 - Jun 4 with 1391 viewsHighjack

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:22 - Jun 4 by sherpajacob

indeed it is bad democracy.

Most countries/democracies require a super majority for major constitutional change.

The 1979 devolution referendums contained clauses to that effect.

We didn’t get a vote at all on the major constitutional changes involved with Maastricht, Lisbon etc. Let alone a super majority.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:42 - Jun 4 with 1386 viewsPete3001

Good point
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:55 - Jun 4 with 1369 viewsHighjack

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:18 - Jun 4 by Pete3001

Of those bothered to vote - their choice - majority voted to Leave.
That is democracy - for good or bad.

One of the main arguments against referendums is that we live in a representative democracy and therefore we should leave our esteemed politicians make all the decisions on our behalf.

The obvious flaw in this plan is the abject incompetence these people display on a daily basis. I think any power taken away from them until they prove themselves worthy to make important decisions is fundamentally a good thing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 11:05 - Jun 4 with 1346 viewsKerouac

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:39 - Jun 4 by Highjack

We didn’t get a vote at all on the major constitutional changes involved with Maastricht, Lisbon etc. Let alone a super majority.

Correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 11:13 - Jun 4 with 1334 viewsKerouac

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? (n/t) on 10:22 - Jun 4 by Pete3001

[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 11:48]

What's in the link?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:01 - Jun 4 with 1274 viewsBarrySwan

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:33 - Jun 4 by vetchonian

My point is Bojo et al voted agiant Mays plan as they didnt like it...it still gave is Brexit which the majority voted for so as democracy says the majority wins BOjo Mog and cronies were not sanctioned when they did this BUT when the tables were turned teh hypocrites "expelled" those who voted against their plan as they deemed it damaging.

I wont deny I was against Brexit still believe it will do more damge than good to us...I still have yet to get anyone pro Brexit to give me 5 good reasons why leaving is advantageous to the UK.

My point was not meant to be anti Brexit but to highlight the "morals" of the Prime Minister...who has blundered us out of the EU we are going to end up with no deal ....Nissan say this spells the end of thejobs at SUnderland......buts that 's OK we will have trade deals with China and the US....Boris is now opening the doors to millions form HOng Kong....wasnt Brexit about taking back control of immigration ......whilst peeing off the Chinese government I m sure they will be dlighted to give us a favourable trade deal.

THis man is not fit to be prime minister

You do realise that Nissan announced just last week that they are shutting plants and 3,000+ jobs in Barcelona and other EU countries and transferring production to Sunderland don't you?

Which rather undermines your understanding of much of the rest of your comments.
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:06 - Jun 4 with 1271 viewslondonlisa2001

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:01 - Jun 4 by BarrySwan

You do realise that Nissan announced just last week that they are shutting plants and 3,000+ jobs in Barcelona and other EU countries and transferring production to Sunderland don't you?

Which rather undermines your understanding of much of the rest of your comments.

Nissan announced yesterday that Sunderland would not continue if the UK leaves the EU without a trade deal.

“The UK's largest car manufacturing plant is "unsustainable" if the UK leaves the European Union without a trade deal, owner Nissan says.
The Japanese company's global chief operating head told the BBC people had to understand the EU was the Sunderland factory's biggest customer.
Ashwani Gupta said that Nissan's commitment could not be maintained if there was not tariff-free EU access.
Nissan has invested billions of pounds in the plant, which has 7,000 workers.
His comments come despite the Sunderland site surviving this week's announcement on the Japanese giant's global restructuring programme.
Mr Gupta said: "You know we are the number one carmaker in the UK and we want to continue. We are committed. Having said that, if we are not getting the current tariffs, it's not our intention but the business will not be sustainable. That's what everybody has to understand."
Login to get fewer ads

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:13 - Jun 4 with 1262 viewsBarrySwan

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:06 - Jun 4 by londonlisa2001

Nissan announced yesterday that Sunderland would not continue if the UK leaves the EU without a trade deal.

“The UK's largest car manufacturing plant is "unsustainable" if the UK leaves the European Union without a trade deal, owner Nissan says.
The Japanese company's global chief operating head told the BBC people had to understand the EU was the Sunderland factory's biggest customer.
Ashwani Gupta said that Nissan's commitment could not be maintained if there was not tariff-free EU access.
Nissan has invested billions of pounds in the plant, which has 7,000 workers.
His comments come despite the Sunderland site surviving this week's announcement on the Japanese giant's global restructuring programme.
Mr Gupta said: "You know we are the number one carmaker in the UK and we want to continue. We are committed. Having said that, if we are not getting the current tariffs, it's not our intention but the business will not be sustainable. That's what everybody has to understand."

And of course as you well know the EU has concluded a trade agreement with Japan that allows unfettered access to EU markets thus removing any need for plants based in EU countries as previously thought beneficial for acesss and just one reason for locating to Sunderland and other European sites in the past.

Just one reason why Japanese car manufacturers are consolidating production in Japan rather than in EU countries.

A fine bit of negotiating by the EU undermining workers within the confederation.

I'm sure that you will agree that big business does what's best for big business including grabbing every grant and incentive from any country willing to hand them out and departing when such incentives are no longer on offer.

This changes from day to day without a hint of consideration for the futures of skilled and loyal workers wherever they are based.

I'm sure that tariffs on imported Japanese cars to the UK will concentrate the minds of their executives in regards to the UK market.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 13:15]
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:18 - Jun 4 with 1255 viewslondonlisa2001

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:13 - Jun 4 by BarrySwan

And of course as you well know the EU has concluded a trade agreement with Japan that allows unfettered access to EU markets thus removing any need for plants based in EU countries as previously thought beneficial for acesss and just one reason for locating to Sunderland and other European sites in the past.

Just one reason why Japanese car manufacturers are consolidating production in Japan rather than in EU countries.

A fine bit of negotiating by the EU undermining workers within the confederation.

I'm sure that you will agree that big business does what's best for big business including grabbing every grant and incentive from any country willing to hand them out and departing when such incentives are no longer on offer.

This changes from day to day without a hint of consideration for the futures of skilled and loyal workers wherever they are based.

I'm sure that tariffs on imported Japanese cars to the UK will concentrate the minds of their executives in regards to the UK market.

You posted a few minutes ago crowing about Nissan consolidating in the UK. I pointed out that it is subject to a trade deal.

Has the EU signed an agreement with Japan since you posted?

No. So either use it as an example or don’t. But don’t use it as an example then change the argument once you realise the problem with what you said.

The UK will be enough of an economic basket case at the end of this year without hindering our recovery due to stubbornness and small minded isolationism. We should be straining every sinew to sign a free trade agreement.
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:36 - Jun 4 with 1239 viewsvetchonian

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:13 - Jun 4 by BarrySwan

You are correct about the deal with the EU actually signed in February 2019 about 3 years after the UK voted to leave the EU and indicated it no longer wanted to be part of it.

The majority of the European JApanese car plants were in the UK ,Honda in Swindon (going/gone),Toyota in Derby and North Wales, Nissan Sunderland what did that matter to the EU?

Go on lets have tariffs putting up the prices of everything that the mass unemployed will really be able to afford!!!
This thought that the UK the Britain that was once Great will have people queuing at the door to trade with us its a laugh !!! What now can the UK which is not availble anywhere else in the GLobalised commodity world?....Ok we may get deals with US as long as we buy their "sub-standard" meat,but guess what try selling them cars,planes steel or components

The post Brexit economic chaos that will be has been exaggerated by the Covid crisis and also given the Brexiteers an excuse..BUT this thread should not be about Brexit it is about Bojos ability to lead this country in a time of crisis and that includes putting party politics aside and working with all parties to protect human life and teh economics of this country.....the only person he has saved to date in Cummings!

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:36 - Jun 4 with 1233 viewsBarrySwan

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:18 - Jun 4 by londonlisa2001

You posted a few minutes ago crowing about Nissan consolidating in the UK. I pointed out that it is subject to a trade deal.

Has the EU signed an agreement with Japan since you posted?

No. So either use it as an example or don’t. But don’t use it as an example then change the argument once you realise the problem with what you said.

The UK will be enough of an economic basket case at the end of this year without hindering our recovery due to stubbornness and small minded isolationism. We should be straining every sinew to sign a free trade agreement.

Fair play you're right as always, I really don't know why anybody other than yourself actually bothers to post on here about any matter.

I am contacting Phil to suggest that he sets up a special Savant forum of which clearly you'd be the only contributor.

However I don't recall the same storm of protest generated by this vehicle production switch from the UK facilitated by the ECB as reported by that right wing rag the Daliy Mirror.

Or of course all the other hundreds and hundreds of factory closures whilst the UK was a member of the EU

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/george-osborne-backs-80m-loan-1415960

I'm sure that we can all agree that not only this country's but the worlds economy is totally shredded following the fall out from current unprecedented pandemic measures. Strong countries will claw back the situation quicker than countries used to annual bailouts from the likes of the UK and other countries now dealing with their own economic emergencies I suspect.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 13:40]
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:40 - Jun 4 with 1225 viewsLeonWasGod

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:36 - Jun 4 by BarrySwan

Fair play you're right as always, I really don't know why anybody other than yourself actually bothers to post on here about any matter.

I am contacting Phil to suggest that he sets up a special Savant forum of which clearly you'd be the only contributor.

However I don't recall the same storm of protest generated by this vehicle production switch from the UK facilitated by the ECB as reported by that right wing rag the Daliy Mirror.

Or of course all the other hundreds and hundreds of factory closures whilst the UK was a member of the EU

I'm sure that we can all agree that not only this country's but the worlds economy is totally shredded following the fall out from current unprecedented pandemic measures. Strong countries will claw back the situation quicker than countries used to annual bailouts from the likes of the UK and other countries now dealing with their own economic emergencies I suspect.

To be fair to Lisa you're the one who tried to make a cheap political point without being aware of the more recent news. That's hardly Lisa's fault and no need to get personal.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 13:51]
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:49 - Jun 4 with 1217 viewslondonlisa2001

“I am contacting Phil to suggest that he sets up a special Savant forum of which clearly you'd be the only contributor. “

Interesting language from a councillor.

You really are a complete arse aren’t you.
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:55 - Jun 4 with 1199 viewsBarrySwan

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:40 - Jun 4 by LeonWasGod

To be fair to Lisa you're the one who tried to make a cheap political point without being aware of the more recent news. That's hardly Lisa's fault and no need to get personal.

You are quite correct I had not seen the last Nissan announcement. and are correct to point that out.

Surely the most obvious point is that the car industry is in complete and utter turmoil anyway. Petrol and diesel cars owners are currently demonised by the greenies and national government ministers themselves who rather hypocritically swan around in gas guzzling limos themselves. Nobody knows exactly what is about to happen with the car industry.

I think that it is also significant that those screaming and shouting about job losses in the car industry are also in the main those screaming and shouting about car ownership being bad but yet also lament car making facilities closure and are the first to demand government subsidies for threatened plants.

On the one hand demonising the car and then on the ther hand promising car scrappage schemes funded by the taxpayer to save car making jobs.

Explain that one if you will.
Whilst carmakers desperately trying to switch over to electric vehicles they are either busy eating up vast amounts of government subsidies or bleating that they need them to survive, all whilst watching like the rest of us the media pictures of young children in Africa such as the Congo emerging from unsafe Cobalt mines in tee shirts and shorts after digging out the raw materials to make the batteries to power these cars.

I'm sure neither myself nor anyone else on here takes any pleasure in job losses or hardship in any country, but I'm afraid that we all also know that factories shut and open all over the world on the whim and financial expectations of the executives of those companies.

I'm the last person to want to see Sunderland or any other plant or factory closed but yet again we get the whining from defeated whinging remainers who just won't accept that their view is a minority one in this country and especially dare I point out yet again, Swansea as demonstrated by the ballot box

[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 14:01]
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:57 - Jun 4 with 1199 viewsvetchonian

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"
This is so true...at the end of the day all big businesses want to do is make more money.
As "cheaper" options appear in Eastern Europe or Asia along with imporved logisitics the large corporations will go where they get more "bang for their buck"

Cost in the UK has risen....and these cannot always be passed on in the selling price so guess what.
The UK has done well from the EU grant fund over the years I have had previous employers ( Multi national companies) who managed to keep their plants open via the support of EU grants via WDA/WAG allowing production to be in SOuth Wales not Asia or Eastern Europe.

Ask yourself where does the Alumium wire once produced on Fabian Way now get made?, What about the aluminium coil that was produced in Waunarwlydd,the clothes produced in Dewhirsts in Fforestfach those closures were nothing to do with our memebrship of the EU....just like the north of England had a thriving wire making industry ask where os ot now?

Industry went as it is manufacturing not part of the Tories vision for the economy.....remember the 80s when Thatcher dismantled our manufacturing base Britains future was in service industries....where are the call cantres now?.....where are the banks going?

MY worry is Bojo doesn not have the leadership to pull us out of this mess and neither do any of his cronies Im sorry.....Im just glad i have seen half of my expected life I fear for the generations behind

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:57 - Jun 4 with 1195 viewsBarrySwan

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:49 - Jun 4 by londonlisa2001

“I am contacting Phil to suggest that he sets up a special Savant forum of which clearly you'd be the only contributor. “

Interesting language from a councillor.

You really are a complete arse aren’t you.

Language Timothy.

You don't want to be banned from the new forum before you even get started.
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 14:07 - Jun 4 with 1181 viewsKerouac

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:40 - Jun 4 by LeonWasGod

Nah,
Remainers were making the cheap political points, when it suited them..

...and the fact is Nissan closed Barcelona and kept Sunderland open.

https://twnews.co.uk/gb-news/andrew-neil-mocks-remainers-for-nissan-s-eu-snub-tw

I'm sure the EU will be happy to f*ck over their own citizens economically to get at us though, so maybe a trade deal won't be signed...then you can start counting down to when Brussels will be set on fire.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 14:12]

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 15:08 - Jun 4 with 1156 viewsvetchonian

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 14:07 - Jun 4 by Kerouac

Nah,
Remainers were making the cheap political points, when it suited them..

...and the fact is Nissan closed Barcelona and kept Sunderland open.

https://twnews.co.uk/gb-news/andrew-neil-mocks-remainers-for-nissan-s-eu-snub-tw

I'm sure the EU will be happy to f*ck over their own citizens economically to get at us though, so maybe a trade deal won't be signed...then you can start counting down to when Brussels will be set on fire.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 14:12]

Funny your link take us to a Brexiteer rubbing remainers noses in it crowing about the saving of the Sunderland plant spoke too soon, just as those Brexit supporters crowing how the econimy hadnt collapsed or all the bad things predicted post Brexit had yet to occurr...that was beacuse as yet Brexi hasnt actually happened.....it truely begins after Midnight 31/12/20

This thread is about the Prime minister and his ability to lead the country ....I know I myself have brought Brexit into the debate..but all along Boris' mantra Brexit was about "taking back control".....quite frankly he cant control himself..and he certainly does not appear to be able to really take control

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 17:13 - Jun 4 with 1125 viewsmonmouth

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:57 - Jun 4 by BarrySwan

Language Timothy.

You don't want to be banned from the new forum before you even get started.

I agree.

Anus would have been more accurate.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 18:05 - Jun 4 with 1106 viewsBarrySwan

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 17:13 - Jun 4 by monmouth

I agree.

Anus would have been more accurate.

There that's much better isn't it?

Why can't everyone have the same decorum and gravitas as yourself without resorting to Mr Potty mouth behaviour when struggling to articulate their views?
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 18:20 - Jun 4 with 1090 viewsJackSomething

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 13:55 - Jun 4 by BarrySwan

You are quite correct I had not seen the last Nissan announcement. and are correct to point that out.

Surely the most obvious point is that the car industry is in complete and utter turmoil anyway. Petrol and diesel cars owners are currently demonised by the greenies and national government ministers themselves who rather hypocritically swan around in gas guzzling limos themselves. Nobody knows exactly what is about to happen with the car industry.

I think that it is also significant that those screaming and shouting about job losses in the car industry are also in the main those screaming and shouting about car ownership being bad but yet also lament car making facilities closure and are the first to demand government subsidies for threatened plants.

On the one hand demonising the car and then on the ther hand promising car scrappage schemes funded by the taxpayer to save car making jobs.

Explain that one if you will.
Whilst carmakers desperately trying to switch over to electric vehicles they are either busy eating up vast amounts of government subsidies or bleating that they need them to survive, all whilst watching like the rest of us the media pictures of young children in Africa such as the Congo emerging from unsafe Cobalt mines in tee shirts and shorts after digging out the raw materials to make the batteries to power these cars.

I'm sure neither myself nor anyone else on here takes any pleasure in job losses or hardship in any country, but I'm afraid that we all also know that factories shut and open all over the world on the whim and financial expectations of the executives of those companies.

I'm the last person to want to see Sunderland or any other plant or factory closed but yet again we get the whining from defeated whinging remainers who just won't accept that their view is a minority one in this country and especially dare I point out yet again, Swansea as demonstrated by the ballot box

[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 14:01]

Interesting difference in your response to a male poster making pretty much the same point Lisa made. If you dislike a woman making you look stupid, you probably want to post less.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 18:20 - Jun 4 with 1090 viewsCatullus

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:05 - Jun 4 by karnataka

But not the majority of the country. We're agreed then.

I'll just edit that out, not because it's wrong but because I agree with the person who said only idiots would still keep on about Brexit right now.....or something like that!
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 18:36]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 19:08 - Jun 4 with 1075 viewsBarrySwan

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 18:20 - Jun 4 by JackSomething

Interesting difference in your response to a male poster making pretty much the same point Lisa made. If you dislike a woman making you look stupid, you probably want to post less.

And if you ludicrously wish to label people as sexist because of your own made up interpretations perhaps you might like to join me in posting less?
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 20:10 - Jun 4 with 1048 viewsHumpty

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 07:51 - Jun 4 by epaul

If B**** did go and the Chancellor got the gig, it would be so funny to see the outrage and meltdown from the gammon community

The outrage from certain area's that a lovely asian lady won Bake off was bad enough

He won't get it if Conservative Party members have their say. 43% admit they would not want a muslim PM.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024