Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glasgow Rangers 21:43 - Oct 1 with 5633 viewspencoedjack

Steve Gerrard doing an excellent job

Superb result against Galatarsary tonight

🇬🇧
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 21:47]
Glasgow Rangers on 14:46 - Oct 18 with 713 viewsonehunglow

I'll admit to standing on the Kop in the late 70s when Rangers/Celtic was one of the chnats. Both clubs are only pre eminent for bigotry and hatred and nobody outside Glasgow should have any time for the filth,apart from religious bigots,of coure.

Both these clubs are deep down ugly.Both their histories evidence this.

get a grip folks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Glasgow Rangers on 14:50 - Oct 18 with 704 viewsNeath_Jack

Glasgow Rangers on 14:46 - Oct 18 by Chief

Ok then, seemingly some more clues here...

These last few comments would suggest that a certain type or section of our fanbase seems to be attracted to Rangers?

Not at all, there are plenty of Celtic fans around here who can hold their hands up as well.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Glasgow Rangers on 14:58 - Oct 18 with 696 views1462jack

Glasgow Rangers on 14:46 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

I'll admit to standing on the Kop in the late 70s when Rangers/Celtic was one of the chnats. Both clubs are only pre eminent for bigotry and hatred and nobody outside Glasgow should have any time for the filth,apart from religious bigots,of coure.

Both these clubs are deep down ugly.Both their histories evidence this.

get a grip folks

I’m a fan of football mate as a youngster I picked a side I would watch out for from some of the other football leagues :
Scotland = Rangers because of Gazza
Italy = Juventus because of Roberto Baggio and del Piero
Also whilst posted to Catterick i used to regularly watch Darlington , whilst posted to aldershot I would watch them and when posted to London I watched Chelsea
Glasgow Rangers on 15:00 - Oct 18 with 689 viewsChief

Glasgow Rangers on 14:50 - Oct 18 by Neath_Jack

Not at all, there are plenty of Celtic fans around here who can hold their hands up as well.

Yea same applies to them, although they seem to be less vocal, apparent and there is also the fact that Swansea does have a sizeable 2nd &3rd generation Irish population, so I see at least a modicum of logic in some Swans fans liking them

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Glasgow Rangers on 15:02 - Oct 18 with 684 viewsonehunglow

But you're not a fan. They are clubs that interest you.

Liverpool used to for me mainly as I was grateful they didnt bust our club when we were pariahs of the football world by not paying transfer fees.

I used t like Dalglish but that didnt make me a celtic fan

I loved Denis Law but hated manure

Glasgow Rangers on 15:02 - Oct 18 with 684 viewsNeath_Jack

Glasgow Rangers on 15:00 - Oct 18 by Chief

Yea same applies to them, although they seem to be less vocal, apparent and there is also the fact that Swansea does have a sizeable 2nd &3rd generation Irish population, so I see at least a modicum of logic in some Swans fans liking them

Yeah your posts are more tolerant to the green half of Glasgow.

Live and let live innit.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Glasgow Rangers on 15:04 - Oct 18 with 683 views1462jack

Glasgow Rangers on 15:02 - Oct 18 by Neath_Jack

Live and let live innit.

He’s not fooling anyone mate
Glasgow Rangers on 15:09 - Oct 18 with 675 viewsSwanjaxs

When Brother Walfrid (Andrew Kerins) formed Celtic in 1888, he named the club after the five Celtic regions of Europe, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Brittany and Iberia .

So Celtic is a club for the Celtic nations of Europe.

If your a proud Welshman then Glasgow Celtic is the team for you 👍🇮🇪

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Glasgow Rangers on 15:15 - Oct 18 with 666 viewsonehunglow

in that case ,he omitted Galicia

Glasgow Rangers on 15:20 - Oct 18 with 665 viewsSwanjaxs

Glasgow Rangers on 15:15 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

in that case ,he omitted Galicia

Probably because he didn't like them
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 15:22]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Glasgow Rangers on 15:23 - Oct 18 with 659 viewsKilkennyjack

Glasgow Rangers on 15:20 - Oct 18 by Swanjaxs

Probably because he didn't like them
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 15:22]

😂☘️

Beware of the Risen People

Glasgow Rangers on 15:26 - Oct 18 with 657 viewsKilkennyjack

Glasgow Rangers on 15:09 - Oct 18 by Swanjaxs

When Brother Walfrid (Andrew Kerins) formed Celtic in 1888, he named the club after the five Celtic regions of Europe, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Brittany and Iberia .

So Celtic is a club for the Celtic nations of Europe.

If your a proud Welshman then Glasgow Celtic is the team for you 👍🇮🇪

This guy ............. ☝️....... ☘️💚

Beware of the Risen People

Glasgow Rangers on 15:43 - Oct 18 with 639 viewsraynor94

Glasgow Rangers on 14:20 - Oct 18 by Chief

A lot of the glory hunting that is too frequent in South Wales though is because the premier league and especially the big clubs are shoved down our throats a lot&it's just the done thing for kids to latch onto one of them because they're always on tv&its cool to do so.

This is very different to the Scottish clubs though. It's only relatively recently where the old firm's games are regularly televised (Still nowhere near as much as say Man U).

Relatively recently? Sky has broadcast live the Old firm Derbies since it's inception, every game every season is televised

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Glasgow Rangers on 15:49 - Oct 18 with 635 viewsChief

Glasgow Rangers on 15:02 - Oct 18 by Neath_Jack

Live and let live innit.

If I had to choose it would be Celtic but I care very little.

I am interested on why sections of the Swanseas support is so invested in mainly Rangers, as I said I can see some logic in a Celtic affiliation for some of our fans due to familial ties

Glasgow Rangers on 15:51 - Oct 18 with 634 viewsChief

Glasgow Rangers on 15:43 - Oct 18 by raynor94

Relatively recently? Sky has broadcast live the Old firm Derbies since it's inception, every game every season is televised

Yea just those games. They weren't televising Rangers v Dunfermline or Celtic v St Mirren though.

Glasgow Rangers on 15:52 - Oct 18 with 631 viewsChief

Glasgow Rangers on 15:04 - Oct 18 by 1462jack

He’s not fooling anyone mate

Fooling anyone into what?

Glasgow Rangers on 16:08 - Oct 18 with 619 viewsraynor94

Glasgow Rangers on 15:51 - Oct 18 by Chief

Yea just those games. They weren't televising Rangers v Dunfermline or Celtic v St Mirren though.

Of course they have, from the very beginning, the next 2 live games, Celtic v Aberdeen and Kilmarnock v Rangers

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Glasgow Rangers on 16:18 - Oct 18 with 608 viewsChief

Glasgow Rangers on 16:08 - Oct 18 by raynor94

Of course they have, from the very beginning, the next 2 live games, Celtic v Aberdeen and Kilmarnock v Rangers

Are you missing my point?

You can't realistically say that the Glasgow teams have had anywhere near as much exposure, publicity and televised games compared to the top English sides accessible to people growing up in South Wales over the last 20/30 years can you?

Glasgow Rangers on 16:29 - Oct 18 with 597 viewsSwanjaxs

Glasgow Rangers on 16:18 - Oct 18 by Chief

Are you missing my point?

You can't realistically say that the Glasgow teams have had anywhere near as much exposure, publicity and televised games compared to the top English sides accessible to people growing up in South Wales over the last 20/30 years can you?

Most City's and large towns in England will have a Celtic and Rangers supporters club

Glasgow Rangers on 16:34 - Oct 18 with 592 viewsChief

Glasgow Rangers on 16:29 - Oct 18 by Swanjaxs

Most City's and large towns in England will have a Celtic and Rangers supporters club

Made up of ex-pats?
Would numbers of these clubs also class themselves as fans of their local United, City or Rochdale? And discuss Rangers / Celtic on their forums?

Glasgow Rangers on 16:39 - Oct 18 with 591 viewsSwanjaxs

Glasgow Rangers on 16:34 - Oct 18 by Chief

Made up of ex-pats?
Would numbers of these clubs also class themselves as fans of their local United, City or Rochdale? And discuss Rangers / Celtic on their forums?

Can only speak from experience, the Swansea Bhoyos were mainly ex-pats but also born and bred Swansea/Llanelli/Neath residents with little or no interest in any other club.

Glasgow Rangers on 16:47 - Oct 18 with 586 viewsChief

Glasgow Rangers on 16:39 - Oct 18 by Swanjaxs

Can only speak from experience, the Swansea Bhoyos were mainly ex-pats but also born and bred Swansea/Llanelli/Neath residents with little or no interest in any other club.

Well yea that's different, they are Celtic fans who happen to live in South Wales.

Swans fans who randomly have an infatuation with one of the old firm I was asking about.

Glasgow Rangers on 16:54 - Oct 18 with 582 viewsSwanjaxs

Glasgow Rangers on 16:47 - Oct 18 by Chief

Well yea that's different, they are Celtic fans who happen to live in South Wales.

Swans fans who randomly have an infatuation with one of the old firm I was asking about.

I'd say that the majority of our fans who follow Rangers is probably to do with an allegiance with the Union, most Swansea City/Celtic fans will affiliate with their Celtic roots.

Glasgow Rangers on 17:19 - Oct 18 with 568 viewsChief

Glasgow Rangers on 16:54 - Oct 18 by Swanjaxs

I'd say that the majority of our fans who follow Rangers is probably to do with an allegiance with the Union, most Swansea City/Celtic fans will affiliate with their Celtic roots.

So for the theories we have for Rangers allegiance amongst Swans fans so far are:
- Nationalist / Political.
- Gazza.

Any others?

Glasgow Rangers on 17:28 - Oct 18 with 553 viewsNeath_Jack

Glasgow Rangers on 17:19 - Oct 18 by Chief

So for the theories we have for Rangers allegiance amongst Swans fans so far are:
- Nationalist / Political.
- Gazza.

Any others?

They have better kits than Celtic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024