Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park 13:48 - Dec 12 with 1117 viewsdurham_exile

Encouraged by their first away win of the season at Scunny on Tuesday where the Alamo, Rourke’s Drift or the Battle of the Little Big Horn were all conjured up in a 45-minute second half SB takes his charges to Vale Park today.

Yes, it was backs to the wall but unlike at St James’s Park the defence remained resolute and in truth Scunny offered little real goal scoring chances despite their lion’s share of the possession.

The goal when it came saw the brilliant Cohen Bramall deliver an inch perfect cross to Tommy Smith who headed firmly past the Iron keeper.

I do hope that Ben Stevenson is able to return today (getting team news from Colchester is like getting blood from a stone) because the excellent Noah Chilvers has been fighting a midfield battle on his own with inverted wingers and makeshift midfielders no match for the genuine article.

Now John Askey’s Valiants have just won their last two games, a 6-3 away win at Bolton and then a game in the Micky Mouse trophy and they will be confident but then so should the U’s after Grimsby and Scunny victories with the monkey of failing to secure an away win now off our backs.

In February we lost 3-0 at Vale Park with the following team:

Gerken
Jackson Eastman Prosser Bramall
Senior Pell Stevenson Comley
Robinson Nouble

Today only five of that eleven are likely to start. Although Robinson could play for Port Vale.

Now as stated earlier I simply do not know who is fit, suspended or eligible to play and so whilst I truly hope that Ben Stevenson is fit and able to play after a one match ban.

SB is likely to go with the following:
Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Chilvers Gambin (but I hope Stevenson)

Harriott Brown Senior

Norris

Subs:
George Sowunmi Clampin Poku Miranda Tchamadeu Folivi

I have given up requesting that Senior be dropped. SB is not listening . Besides, he likes his inverted wingers!

Harry Pell is injured and is Paris Cowan-Hall also injured?

Josh Bohui is out of favour. The problem is without Stevenson young Chilvers has too much to do in the centre of the park. Tom Lapslie could be recalled but I am not sure whether he is truly fit.

The weather will be dry and 7 degrees Celsius with cloud cover.

The stadium will be empty Port Vale is in tier 3.

I reckon a 2-1 to the U’s in on the cards today. Cohen Bramall is overdue a goal and so is Tom Eastman.

Table:
Newport 16 36
Cheltenham 16 32
FGR 16 29
Carlisle 16 29
Exeter 16 27
COL U 16 27
Cambridge 15 25
Salford 15 25

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Oh what fun it is to see Col U win away!

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:11 - Dec 12 with 632 viewsGOSBTS

Brilliant thread title Durham! Come on you super U's!
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:15 - Dec 12 with 623 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:11 - Dec 12 by GOSBTS

Brilliant thread title Durham! Come on you super U's!

Team:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Stevenson Chilvers

Poku Brown Harriott

Norris

A decent line up today

Three points for the taking

Up the U's

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:15 - Dec 12 with 622 viewsgerry_us

Where is Senior?
SB is listening to you Peter.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 14:17]
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:16 - Dec 12 with 619 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:15 - Dec 12 by gerry_us

Where is Senior?
SB is listening to you Peter.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 14:17]

ON THE BENCH - YES

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:51 - Dec 12 with 600 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:16 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

ON THE BENCH - YES

Subs:

George Sowunmi Senior Clampin Gambin Tchamadeu Folivi

I have a good feeling about today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:58 - Dec 12 with 594 viewsnoah4x4

Let's Hope so Durham.

I would have selected this side, but substituting Folivi for Poku, but maybe there is something I don't know (like a wrong footed imbalance).
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:07 - Dec 12 with 587 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 14:58 - Dec 12 by noah4x4

Let's Hope so Durham.

I would have selected this side, but substituting Folivi for Poku, but maybe there is something I don't know (like a wrong footed imbalance).

According to my iFollow coverage we are 5 mins behind.

Good start from the U's

Good early strike from Chilvers

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:20 - Dec 12 with 583 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:07 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

According to my iFollow coverage we are 5 mins behind.

Good start from the U's

Good early strike from Chilvers

Good save from Gerken from a direct free kick.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 15:21]

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:25 - Dec 12 with 572 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:20 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Good save from Gerken from a direct free kick.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 15:21]

Harriott nice left footed curling shot

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:29 - Dec 12 with 568 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:25 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Harriott nice left footed curling shot

Port Vale plenty of possession. Gerken two decent saves and helped out by Eastman and Norris.

Colchester two decent shots on target.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:48 - Dec 12 with 557 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:29 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Port Vale plenty of possession. Gerken two decent saves and helped out by Eastman and Norris.

Colchester two decent shots on target.

Come on the U's

HT 0-0

Big second half to come

Up the U's

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:57 - Dec 12 with 550 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 15:48 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

HT 0-0

Big second half to come

Up the U's

HT

Harriott best Colchester player - good midfield work and two decent powerfull shots from distance.

Gerken two good saves/smothers

Welch-Hayes and Bramall lively.

Eastman and Smith untroubled

Chilvers good early work.
Stevenson cultured.

Poku quiet
Brown lively at times.

No changes at half time.

I would like to see Folivi for Poku about 15 mins into the second half. Keep Brown and Folivi on with Norris.

Up the U's

Chuck need s large t-bons steak rare at half time.

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:03 - Dec 12 with 544 viewsnoah4x4

After mucking up the knee I thought what hope for the more complicated formation of 4, 2, 3,1?

But we have dug in and are slowly getting into this game. Need to get the ball on the deck. Our forward midfield players are too short to win at hoofball. Is Poku looking a bit disinterested? Vale have expended a lot of energy on the press. The result could be down to fitness, stamina and substitutions. I hope we have had our Weetabix.

Good to see emphasis on wider anti-discrimination messages, and David Gregory picking this up in commentary. Hopefully, all can unite behind this realignment.
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:15 - Dec 12 with 533 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:03 - Dec 12 by noah4x4

After mucking up the knee I thought what hope for the more complicated formation of 4, 2, 3,1?

But we have dug in and are slowly getting into this game. Need to get the ball on the deck. Our forward midfield players are too short to win at hoofball. Is Poku looking a bit disinterested? Vale have expended a lot of energy on the press. The result could be down to fitness, stamina and substitutions. I hope we have had our Weetabix.

Good to see emphasis on wider anti-discrimination messages, and David Gregory picking this up in commentary. Hopefully, all can unite behind this realignment.

Good flowing move resulting in a Norris shot just wide

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:19 - Dec 12 with 526 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:15 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Good flowing move resulting in a Norris shot just wide

Oh dear a lot to do now

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:21 - Dec 12 with 525 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:19 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Oh dear a lot to do now

Once again chasing the game and we need more attacking intent

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:24 - Dec 12 with 520 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:21 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Once again chasing the game and we need more attacking intent

Norris get in

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:26 - Dec 12 with 515 viewsGOSBTS

Yes Nozz!
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:27 - Dec 12 with 514 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:24 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Norris get in

Three changes Senior Gambin and Folivi

Chilvers brown and Poku off
SB doesn't like Folivi and Brown playing together

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:29 - Dec 12 with 513 viewsnoah4x4

Great substitutions, gone to 4 4 2. We look like a different side
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:30 - Dec 12 with 511 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:27 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Three changes Senior Gambin and Folivi

Chilvers brown and Poku off
SB doesn't like Folivi and Brown playing together

The red meat always works for Chuck

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:33 - Dec 12 with 503 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:30 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

The red meat always works for Chuck

Just once Senior should have been rested altogether but SB is unable to do that.

We are now looking the side most likely to score again

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:36 - Dec 12 with 499 viewsGOSBTS

Prosser sent off for Stevenage
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:36 - Dec 12 with 499 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:33 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Just once Senior should have been rested altogether but SB is unable to do that.

We are now looking the side most likely to score again

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:40 - Dec 12 with 492 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:36 - Dec 12 by GOSBTS

Prosser sent off for Stevenage

He looked out of touch when we played them at the JSCS

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024