Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million 15:35 - Sep 16 with 3616 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55769/steve-cooper-to-fo

Cooper stupor, Forest cor blimey ! Click above.
For Twitter click below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:55 - Sep 18 with 1117 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:42 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Don't make things up, where did I even suggest his managerial career starts at Forest?

As with Martin, we shall see what happens.

I can't commend him for staying on, his other choice was to quit and only a fool would have done that and thrown away 10k per month. The deal was obviously for him to relinquish control when we appointed someone.

Records are just stats and as with all stats, context helps. Coopers record here was helped by it being a very poor division, quality wise and it still is which should help Martin in the long run.
Now a "matter of weeks" eh? How many weeks is that exactly? Is it 6/7 weeks?

You said you can see how much of a good manager he is now.

We already have, his club career started two years ago, got us 6th and 4th and equalled the points record of our best ever manager.

His other choice was not to quit, his other choice was to go home and crack open a beer and stick his feet up after the club agreed to let him leave. The manager we wanted turned us down so he decided he was asked (key word) to stay on a while longer and he agreed.

Very poor division? The team that beat us in the final is currently beating Wolves away 2-0 and find themselves currently in the top 10. It’s funny how the league is poor whenever it’s convenient, no doubt it’s strong again this year and indeed was probably strong the year Potter was here right?

Yeah absolutely a matter of weeks. I am not familiar with Forests team so can’t really give you an answer to that. Zero spent, zero pre season, zero transfer window, taking over a club the bottom of the league… yet I reckon he will notch 2 league wins quicker than it would have taken us to, as his sides are set up to win.

Reckon I’m wrong?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 13:56]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:00 - Sep 18 with 1119 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:55 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

We already have, his club career started two years ago, got us 6th and 4th and equalled the points record of our best ever manager.

His other choice was not to quit, his other choice was to go home and crack open a beer and stick his feet up after the club agreed to let him leave. The manager we wanted turned us down so he decided he was asked (key word) to stay on a while longer and he agreed.

Very poor division? The team that beat us in the final is currently beating Wolves away 2-0 and find themselves currently in the top 10. It’s funny how the league is poor whenever it’s convenient, no doubt it’s strong again this year and indeed was probably strong the year Potter was here right?

Yeah absolutely a matter of weeks. I am not familiar with Forests team so can’t really give you an answer to that. Zero spent, zero pre season, zero transfer window, taking over a club the bottom of the league… yet I reckon he will notch 2 league wins quicker than it would have taken us to, as his sides are set up to win.

Reckon I’m wrong?

How could he have gone home and put his feet up, if the club were still paying him and told him to stay on and take preseason?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:02 - Sep 18 with 1106 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:00 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

How could he have gone home and put his feet up, if the club were still paying him and told him to stay on and take preseason?

They didn’t tell him, they asked him to help them out.

He agreed.

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:04 - Sep 18 with 1113 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:02 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

They didn’t tell him, they asked him to help them out.

He agreed.

Same as a manager at McDonalds' asks his staff member to clean the bogs. They are getting paid by McDonalds. Yes the may agree to do it, but simply because they don't have much choice.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:07 - Sep 18 with 1083 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:04 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

Same as a manager at McDonalds' asks his staff member to clean the bogs. They are getting paid by McDonalds. Yes the may agree to do it, but simply because they don't have much choice.

Not quite squire.

He wanted out, they wanted the chance of someone meeting his buyout/or paying compo. They came to an agreement where he would walk away and still be paid by the club, he agreed.

Their choice of manager refused to come, he was asked (asked) if he would stay on, he agreed. He could have said “no, we made an agreement”.

Good of him, hence he was thanked for that by Winter.

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:39 - Sep 18 with 1047 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:07 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Not quite squire.

He wanted out, they wanted the chance of someone meeting his buyout/or paying compo. They came to an agreement where he would walk away and still be paid by the club, he agreed.

Their choice of manager refused to come, he was asked (asked) if he would stay on, he agreed. He could have said “no, we made an agreement”.

Good of him, hence he was thanked for that by Winter.

Maybe it was part of the agreement silly.

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:41 - Sep 18 with 1034 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:39 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

Maybe it was part of the agreement silly.

Yeah I’m sure they were planning the manager that had agreed to come to make a U-turn.

If it was part of the agreement then he wouldn’t be asked, it would be expected.

It wasn’t.

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 21:03 - Sep 19 with 937 viewsWalterBoyd

We'll agree to disagree 😁
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 06:45 - Sep 21 with 848 viewsChief

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 11:07 - Sep 21 with 744 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:55 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Reckon I’m wrong?

No, I said we'll see how good a manager he is now. You already rate him highly, I don't. I reckon his first season here was in part riding on the work done by Potter.

He was still under contract and being paid, the club (unless they'd put it writing so he could legally refuse) had every right to ask him to continue, he did so yes and well done to him for that but he still had the choice to quit, everybody has the choice to quit, even you!

Are you seriously saying that every team in the Championship is as good as Brentofrd? That's extremely silly, are the relegated teams as good as Brentford? We finished 4th and we were nowhere near as good as Brentford. You must have missed (or most likely ignored) my saying the league is poor again this season which should help Martin, in the long run anyway.

His side here, after Christmas last season, was set up to not lose, big difference. The Forest team has some quality, as showed by Hughton leaving and the caretaker getting a big win first time out, 2 nil away to Huddersfield, a great result considering the respective starts.

We'll see how Cooper does, the results will speak for him. Starnge that you'll give Cooper a matter of weeks but wouldn't afford the same consideration to Martin, some might think you wanted Martin to fail and Cooper to succeed.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 12:42 - Sep 21 with 680 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 11:07 - Sep 21 by Catullus

No, I said we'll see how good a manager he is now. You already rate him highly, I don't. I reckon his first season here was in part riding on the work done by Potter.

He was still under contract and being paid, the club (unless they'd put it writing so he could legally refuse) had every right to ask him to continue, he did so yes and well done to him for that but he still had the choice to quit, everybody has the choice to quit, even you!

Are you seriously saying that every team in the Championship is as good as Brentofrd? That's extremely silly, are the relegated teams as good as Brentford? We finished 4th and we were nowhere near as good as Brentford. You must have missed (or most likely ignored) my saying the league is poor again this season which should help Martin, in the long run anyway.

His side here, after Christmas last season, was set up to not lose, big difference. The Forest team has some quality, as showed by Hughton leaving and the caretaker getting a big win first time out, 2 nil away to Huddersfield, a great result considering the respective starts.

We'll see how Cooper does, the results will speak for him. Starnge that you'll give Cooper a matter of weeks but wouldn't afford the same consideration to Martin, some might think you wanted Martin to fail and Cooper to succeed.

Let’s hope Steve starts off well and Dr P and Mole follow forest 🌳 instead.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:01 - Sep 21 with 667 viewsjackrmee

2 year contract.
£500k compo.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/steve-cooper-notting

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:59 - Sep 21 with 634 viewscontroversial_jack

The Yanks will be rubbing their hands together
Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:26 - Sep 21 with 606 viewsJacket

Be interesting to see how he does without Connor's crosses, tireless running, late goals, and without Ayew pulling a rabbit out of the hat. No Guehi, Bennett and Cabango like rocks in the back. Not to mention no ex England under 17s until January. He'll keep them up as a minimum, but that's the only thing that's certain.
Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 19:15 - Sep 21 with 514 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:59 - Sep 21 by controversial_jack

The Yanks will be rubbing their hands together

This sort of talk is to be avoided. There is very little evidence that the US owners are desperate for any bit of cash floating around the club. It is 'racial stereotyping' and not helpful. I suggest the club is run in a sustainable way and any unexpected cash income is welcome and reinvested.

Football clubs are not good vehicle for 'income' (dividends) but in some cases are excellent vehicles for 'growth'. Examples Swansea, Burnley. More often than not they result in the owners losing quite large sums. Examples Derby. Sunderland. Reading.

Clearly they could make money by taking interest from the Convertible loan note but they have stated this is not their intention and they see it as an 'investment'.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 19:51 - Sep 21 with 494 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 14:26 - Sep 21 by Jacket

Be interesting to see how he does without Connor's crosses, tireless running, late goals, and without Ayew pulling a rabbit out of the hat. No Guehi, Bennett and Cabango like rocks in the back. Not to mention no ex England under 17s until January. He'll keep them up as a minimum, but that's the only thing that's certain.

He will sort some of his problems out with those ex Cardiff losers being replaced by Grimes and Fulton. Should get another 5 million in January.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 21:47 - Sep 21 with 451 viewsRock

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 10:59 - Sep 18 by monmouth

Yeah he’s a great guy 🤣🤣

And a fantastic manager 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wanted only by a desperate team at the bottom of the league. I thought it would have been Derby that fell for the ridiculous hype, but they are skint. No doubt he will ‘save’ a club from relegation should never be there by hoofing it to Mars (Brian Clough will be spinning) and that will be another myth to add to his impressive fable collection. Fraud.

Lol, my how the mighty have fallen.

So the guy who was supposedly “first-choice” for “big clubs” Palace and Fulham, and “linked with Spurs” is now taking over the club rock bottom of the second division?

Yeah, sounds like a perfect match to me.

Some ways removed from the “top jobs” he was said to be surely getting by a few on here in the summer, though.

Just another example of the attention-seeking, disingenuous tripe posted by a few obvious trolls. Hopefully they’ll follow their hero to Nottingham now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024