Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... 13:03 - Sep 17 with 1598 viewsEvs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58598797
Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 14:22 - Sep 17 with 1518 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins was in philosophical terms "Protector of the faith". This was the possession based football enacted by Martinez, Brendan and Laudrup and resurrected by Potter. It put the club on an upward trajectory.

When you seen the paupers of Young Boys give Man Utd the run around this was a reminder that this is the way fro Swansea to play. Young Boys were managed by Wagner who had previously been chosen by Winter who chose Allen and Martin.

This is all starting to look like "joined up thinking". Sadly very few old players who could work on the grass have stayed with the club in the academy level. The "boot room" culture. Tate and Olearly remain to prove themselves. Hopefully Routledge will be added to the 'philosophical soup' and become a coach on grass. He is a fan of Brendan's methods.

Swansea's problem has been 'churn'. The 'Jenkinista' apostles never stuck around for more than two seasons. Hopefully Mr Allen (a local man) will stick around and 'defend the faith'. A powerful philosophy devised in Barcelona and "refined in Wales" to North Atlantic conditions.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 17:05 - Sep 17 with 1419 viewsjackrmee

You should have finished the headline....

"'absolutely delighted' with Russell Martin's style of football"

Glad that the people that count can actually see what the manager is doing and have faith in him to improve the club.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 18:00 - Sep 17 with 1380 viewsCatullus

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 17:05 - Sep 17 by jackrmee

You should have finished the headline....

"'absolutely delighted' with Russell Martin's style of football"

Glad that the people that count can actually see what the manager is doing and have faith in him to improve the club.

To be fair, most of us fans are either happy with martin OR being patient and giving him a chance.

It's only a tiny minority who have made any anti Martin noise.

Ok we are 20th and only have 6 points but the reality there is we are only 3 points off 11th spot and 5 points off Cardiff in 9th spot.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 18:09 - Sep 17 with 1374 viewsjackrmee

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 18:00 - Sep 17 by Catullus

To be fair, most of us fans are either happy with martin OR being patient and giving him a chance.

Ok we are 20th and only have 6 points but the reality there is we are only 3 points off 11th spot and 5 points off Cardiff in 9th spot.

I really hope so mate. I can deal with a few moaning on here, but booing in the stands is really bad. Not many have heard it by all accounts and some were apparently told to shut up in the stands n the Millwall game.

I really really hope we can get a couple of gaols to back up our decent play. Shut a few up for a while.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 18:46 - Sep 17 with 1302 viewsTreforys_Jack

Empty vessels making the most noise and all that, just tend to not engage them, absolutely zero point. I'm happy enough for people to have different views, but some aren't it seems.
Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 00:45 - Sep 18 with 1139 viewsSwans9

Only team not to score against Millwall this season. Let's hope Allen is right. Hopefully we will start to hurt teams while not conceding the other end. Last season Martin won 18 lost 17 games for 64 against 62.
Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 00:53 - Sep 18 with 1126 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mark loves to compliment the manager, which he should do of course.

He was delighted with Cooper too, wasn't he?

He said:-

“I think he is phenomenal. I worked closely with him when he was England Under-17s manager and he had Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho and Joel Latibeaudiere in his squad," Allen said when discussing Cooper.

“He understood the development of young players and how to challenge them and get the best out of them.

“I think you are seeing a very adept coach who is familiar with the workings of the modern game. He understands and values the development of youth and he is not afraid to play them.

“He has had to do it on a high stage, winning the World Cup.

“I have a very close dialogue with him. He is constantly asking what’s coming next.”

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/academy-chief-mark-al
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 0:54]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 00:57 - Sep 18 with 1114 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who has made ''anti Martin noise''?

Any specific examples? quotes?

Apart from OHL, who is a hard man to please, I don't think I have seen anyone say anything negative about him. Or have I missed something?

I hope this isn't laying the groundwork for building a myth down the track....

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 00:59 - Sep 18 with 1119 viewsWalterBoyd

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 18:09 - Sep 17 by jackrmee

I really hope so mate. I can deal with a few moaning on here, but booing in the stands is really bad. Not many have heard it by all accounts and some were apparently told to shut up in the stands n the Millwall game.

I really really hope we can get a couple of gaols to back up our decent play. Shut a few up for a while.

The minority booing in the stands are similar to the minority being negative and anti Russ on here. No advantage, it doesn't help the manager , players or SCFC, but claim they support us. They dont.

That is not support. If every 'fan' was like that we would sink quicker than the titanic.

Think about it. If every fan was as negative, so quickly, so prolonged, even when win a few cup matches, a few draws, a win, that would be the end of SCFC as a league team.

They will jump on the band wagon when we win and gloat when we lose. But if every fan was like them, we would sink.

Every fan should be able to express their view, agree. Criticise and question when lose, enjoy and celebrate when win - a bit of balance.

But a number of our 'fans', many who dont ever pass through the turnstiles, enjoy undermining any hope of progression, enjoy every Swans failure ( criticise Swansea and / or Wales, as a place to live, still linger like an unwanted haemaeroid, and they seek out the negative whatever the result. Shit stirrers. They are not Swans fans. End of. Definition = They do not look to increase or enhance the Swans chance of winning.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 1:01]
Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 01:03 - Sep 18 with 1105 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 00:59 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

The minority booing in the stands are similar to the minority being negative and anti Russ on here. No advantage, it doesn't help the manager , players or SCFC, but claim they support us. They dont.

That is not support. If every 'fan' was like that we would sink quicker than the titanic.

Think about it. If every fan was as negative, so quickly, so prolonged, even when win a few cup matches, a few draws, a win, that would be the end of SCFC as a league team.

They will jump on the band wagon when we win and gloat when we lose. But if every fan was like them, we would sink.

Every fan should be able to express their view, agree. Criticise and question when lose, enjoy and celebrate when win - a bit of balance.

But a number of our 'fans', many who dont ever pass through the turnstiles, enjoy undermining any hope of progression, enjoy every Swans failure ( criticise Swansea and / or Wales, as a place to live, still linger like an unwanted haemaeroid, and they seek out the negative whatever the result. Shit stirrers. They are not Swans fans. End of. Definition = They do not look to increase or enhance the Swans chance of winning.

Who is being ''anti Russ''? Any specific examples?

We have heard negativity when we were doing well for the last 2 years, didn't see too many people pointing out that it wasn't helping. They were personal attacks and pretty vicious at times. However, this time around the complaints are in keeping with our results and are regarding the results and performances only, nothing personal to the manager.

Which of our fans never pass through the turnstiles. Any examples there?

The myth foundations are fully in swing I see, with a fair few on that building site working hard. Luckily I don't allow myths to build and call them out before people can start laying those fraudulent bricks.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 1:29]

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 09:34 - Sep 18 with 1018 viewsChief

I believe the small amount of booing in the ground at final whistle has been for the ref. For the shambolic performance he gave against Hull and v Millwall the ref blew up when we had the ball their half and could have had a free kick.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Mark Allen "absolutely delighted"... on 23:05 - Sep 21 with 797 viewsRock

Spot on, Walter, agree with every word.

Keep shedding light on their obvious trolling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024