Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? 14:23 - Feb 28 with 11623 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:43 - Mar 1 with 567 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:27 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn’t take a win for granted.

But I, along with most other fans, players and Laudrup no doubt expected to beat them. Hence why he put Ki as a CB knowing we would pretty much have all of the ball.

Where am I making myself look silly? By saying a top 10 Premier League side is expected to beat a League 2 side?

Oh the sheer cheek of me eh?

Chelsea finished 5th the previous season
Arsenal 4th, Villa 15th and Wigan 18th the season we won the Cup.
Arsenal and Chelsea were higher riding than us.
Bradford did them all.
So for us to beat them so convincingly is down to Laudrup and his team.
He could have gone into the game arrogant ( like you,,saying they are only a 2nd division team ) and lost.
They didn't.
That is why was a great manager for us and you are a sad, arrogant WUM
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 12:44]

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:45 - Mar 1 with 557 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:43 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Chelsea finished 5th the previous season
Arsenal 4th, Villa 15th and Wigan 18th the season we won the Cup.
Arsenal and Chelsea were higher riding than us.
Bradford did them all.
So for us to beat them so convincingly is down to Laudrup and his team.
He could have gone into the game arrogant ( like you,,saying they are only a 2nd division team ) and lost.
They didn't.
That is why was a great manager for us and you are a sad, arrogant WUM
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 12:44]

And they were still a League 2 team.

We were still expected to win, just another fact.

Expecting to win isn’t arrogance it’s realism, you can create as many threads as you like, call me as many names as you like… these will still be facts.

Whether you like them or not is none of my concern.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:45 - Mar 1 with 559 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:40 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, that’s why he’s a good cup manager.

Likewise he has one of the worst league records of any manager in modern history. Hence he’s a poor league manager.

That’s why I’m right, obviously.

Doesn't make you right
Just an arrogant WUM

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:48 - Mar 1 with 555 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:45 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Doesn't make you right
Just an arrogant WUM

Nope it makes me right, and makes me sure of that fact.

You cannot have one of the worst league records in modern history and be “great”, you just can’t.

You can see it as arrogance if you like, it has no effect on me. You can call me all the names under the sun, have more threads deleted than you can shake a stick at… the facts will remain.

Something you will just have to live with.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:49 - Mar 1 with 552 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:16 - Mar 1 by trampie

9th place finish in the Premier League and winning the League Cup, then 12th place in the Premier League and still in the FA Cup and in the knockout stages of Europe, he was dismissed more for off the field than on the field behaviour.

Laudrup was a marvelous manager for the Swans in the league and in cups.

To go down in the history books as the only Swansea manager to win one of the three major trophies on offer every season on top of his high place Premier League positions and FA cup wins and Europa League cup run was a great marvellous effort by Laudrup.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 12:50]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:50 - Mar 1 with 537 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:45 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

And they were still a League 2 team.

We were still expected to win, just another fact.

Expecting to win isn’t arrogance it’s realism, you can create as many threads as you like, call me as many names as you like… these will still be facts.

Whether you like them or not is none of my concern.

You haven't produced any "facts" other than the PPG table which you cannot use to say whether a manager is great, good, average or bad in the league.
Just pointless stats same as Martin's possession stats.
Mean nothing on their own.
Taking the overall picture, you would see Laudrup was a great manager.
If you weren't so arrogant

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:50 - Mar 1 with 533 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:49 - Mar 1 by trampie

To go down in the history books as the only Swansea manager to win one of the three major trophies on offer every season on top of his high place Premier League positions and FA cup wins and Europa League cup run was a great marvellous effort by Laudrup.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 12:50]

Certainly was, good cup manager.

Poor league manager though with one of the worst league records in the clubs modern history.

Rightly sacked after a quite horrific run of 35 games.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:53 - Mar 1 with 514 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:50 - Mar 1 by STID2017

You haven't produced any "facts" other than the PPG table which you cannot use to say whether a manager is great, good, average or bad in the league.
Just pointless stats same as Martin's possession stats.
Mean nothing on their own.
Taking the overall picture, you would see Laudrup was a great manager.
If you weren't so arrogant

The overall picture means Laudrup was a good cup manager and a poor league manager. Nothing great about that.

The facts are he has one of the worst league records in our modern history. That’s far from meaningless, in fact it was so meaningful he was sacked. The first manager to be sacked in a decade for us.

Login to get fewer ads

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:02 - Mar 1 with 488 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:50 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Certainly was, good cup manager.

Poor league manager though with one of the worst league records in the clubs modern history.

Rightly sacked after a quite horrific run of 35 games.

Laudrup did great in the league, fighting on all fronts without the resources and squad depth of the big teams, Laudrup and the Swans were targeted as a threat by all the other teams in the Premier League, after Laudrup other teams could take their foot of the gas, preparation wise, resting top players that had a knock, resting a player because the match after Swansea was against a rival top team in the league or European competition, when Laudrup was there Swansea was seen by top teams as being on the same level as them, that is how good Laudrup the manager and his Swansea team was viewed.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:03 - Mar 1 with 485 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:02 - Mar 1 by trampie

Laudrup did great in the league, fighting on all fronts without the resources and squad depth of the big teams, Laudrup and the Swans were targeted as a threat by all the other teams in the Premier League, after Laudrup other teams could take their foot of the gas, preparation wise, resting top players that had a knock, resting a player because the match after Swansea was against a rival top team in the league or European competition, when Laudrup was there Swansea was seen by top teams as being on the same level as them, that is how good Laudrup the manager and his Swansea team was viewed.

Unfortunately as I said, I wish that was true too.

Sadly he was sacked after developing one of the worst league records in modern history.

You can fluff it up all you like, the fact doesn’t change.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:07 - Mar 1 with 478 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:03 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Unfortunately as I said, I wish that was true too.

Sadly he was sacked after developing one of the worst league records in modern history.

You can fluff it up all you like, the fact doesn’t change.

It is true, a football manager competes in several competitions and is judged on all of them as a whole and Laudrup did marvellous across every spectrum both league and cups.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:08 - Mar 1 with 474 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:07 - Mar 1 by trampie

It is true, a football manager competes in several competitions and is judged on all of them as a whole and Laudrup did marvellous across every spectrum both league and cups.

It’s not true unfortunately.

Good cup manager, poor league manager. His record shows that.

Which is why he never managed anyone decent.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:14 - Mar 1 with 450 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:08 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Imagine if we had a manager who over three seasons averaged 1.103 and won no major trophies in that time.
How would you rate him ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:15 - Mar 1 with 446 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:14 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Imagine if we had a manager who over three seasons averaged 1.103 and won no major trophies in that time.
How would you rate him ?

Same answer to the Toshack one.

Depends who it was and what he achieved long term. What type of squad we had and what expectations were as a result.

Who we talking about?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 13:16]

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:15 - Mar 1 with 447 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:08 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

No it is true, league tables are relative, if there are very strong teams in the league then the points total of other teams will be lower but league position is relative to all other teams in the league and Laudrop finished 9th in the Premier League in his first season (won League Cup) and was 12th in the Premier League well into his second season (still in FA Cup and Europe), when his time as Swansea manager ended.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:17 - Mar 1 with 443 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:15 - Mar 1 by trampie

No it is true, league tables are relative, if there are very strong teams in the league then the points total of other teams will be lower but league position is relative to all other teams in the league and Laudrop finished 9th in the Premier League in his first season (won League Cup) and was 12th in the Premier League well into his second season (still in FA Cup and Europe), when his time as Swansea manager ended.

It’s definitely not true unfortunately.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:18 - Mar 1 with 443 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:15 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Same answer to the Toshack one.

Depends who it was and what he achieved long term. What type of squad we had and what expectations were as a result.

Who we talking about?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 13:16]

Why ?
Doesn't matter who he is ?
Using your PPG and taking everything into consideration and the fact that he won no major trophy in three seasons, how would you rate him ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:21 - Mar 1 with 435 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:18 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Why ?
Doesn't matter who he is ?
Using your PPG and taking everything into consideration and the fact that he won no major trophy in three seasons, how would you rate him ?

Because if you told me who it was I could look at the squad he managed, can look at what he achieved and will be able to make a decision.

I know what Laudrup achieved, know he had one of the best squads in our history hence am able to make a deduction that delivering one of the worst league records in our modern day history is not “great”.

If you want to judge everyone on the same criteria, then I need all the information that I have about Laudrups reign to this mystery mans reign.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:26 - Mar 1 with 422 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:17 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s definitely not true unfortunately.

League tables are relative and Laudrup finished 9th in the Premier League and was in 12th the following season when his time came to an end, that is where the Swans were compared to other teams in the top league but on top of that Laudrups Swansea won the League cup and we're going for the FA cup and Europa League glory when his time came to an end, he had marvellous all round record for the Swans.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:27 - Mar 1 with 419 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:26 - Mar 1 by trampie

League tables are relative and Laudrup finished 9th in the Premier League and was in 12th the following season when his time came to an end, that is where the Swans were compared to other teams in the top league but on top of that Laudrups Swansea won the League cup and we're going for the FA cup and Europa League glory when his time came to an end, he had marvellous all round record for the Swans.

As I said, that’s not true unfortunately.

I have explained why.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:28 - Mar 1 with 419 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:21 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Because if you told me who it was I could look at the squad he managed, can look at what he achieved and will be able to make a decision.

I know what Laudrup achieved, know he had one of the best squads in our history hence am able to make a deduction that delivering one of the worst league records in our modern day history is not “great”.

If you want to judge everyone on the same criteria, then I need all the information that I have about Laudrups reign to this mystery mans reign.

Tosh's league record is 1.45
Over his last three seasons ( including 1981/82) his PPG average was 1.103
Plus he never won a major trophy for us.
His squad as we know contained many internationals.
No one could ever say he wasn't our greatest ever manager, yet stats can be used to twist the picture.
Same as you are doing with Laudrup

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:30 - Mar 1 with 412 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:27 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

As I said, that’s not true unfortunately.

I have explained why.

What, league tables are relative.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:32 - Mar 1 with 410 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:28 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Tosh's league record is 1.45
Over his last three seasons ( including 1981/82) his PPG average was 1.103
Plus he never won a major trophy for us.
His squad as we know contained many internationals.
No one could ever say he wasn't our greatest ever manager, yet stats can be used to twist the picture.
Same as you are doing with Laudrup

That’s not his overall reign though is it.

If he came in and just had the three seasons you refer to, then he wouldn’t have been a very good Swansea manager. (Similar to Laudrups record).

Thankfully he is a good Swansea manager so achieved 3 promotions, 3 cups and nearly went at 1.5 points a game overall.

So judging Laudrup on the same criteria, overall he went at 1.13 points per game and had one of the worst overall league records of any manager managing over 6 months in our modern history.

Pointless just taking Toshacks bad bits. Judge overall like we are with Laudrup.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 13:35]

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:33 - Mar 1 with 409 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:30 - Mar 1 by trampie

What, league tables are relative.

That he had a marvellous all round record.

He had one of the worst league records in our modern history. Including comparing to multiple examples in the very same league with much worse squads.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:45 - Mar 1 with 393 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:32 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s not his overall reign though is it.

If he came in and just had the three seasons you refer to, then he wouldn’t have been a very good Swansea manager. (Similar to Laudrups record).

Thankfully he is a good Swansea manager so achieved 3 promotions, 3 cups and nearly went at 1.5 points a game overall.

So judging Laudrup on the same criteria, overall he went at 1.13 points per game and had one of the worst overall league records of any manager managing over 6 months in our modern history.

Pointless just taking Toshacks bad bits. Judge overall like we are with Laudrup.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 13:35]

His overall record is only 1.45 with us.
That includes the three glorious promotions we had.
So anyone comparing stats without the name would see a manager who had won three promotions, no major cups and even after achieving 6th place, had an average PPG record for us.
Not the best ( which I expected to be the outcome )
So the stats that you use to show Laudrup as a poor league manager show Tosh as not much better than average league manager( and that is without looking at other managers we have not taken into account )
Also looking at the players and funds Tosh had his disposal between 1978 and 1982, would critics have expected better value for money ?
Just goes to show how twisted your view is.
Most posters ( who have voted) have a good opinion of Laudrup.
No one would ever view Tosh as less than the greatest manager for us

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024