Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Trust Update 19:14 - Jun 28 with 8293 viewsKeithHaynes

June 2022.

Earlier this week our Supporter Director Terry Sinnett provided an update to our members on recent Trust work, his meetings with the club board and Chief Executive Julian Winter and our upcoming Trust elections.

Extracts of that release are now available for all supporters below.

Note: If you’d like to receive future articles and member updates as well as all the other benefits of being a Trust member it takes just a few minutes to join us.

It’s just over 6 weeks since the Swans last game in the Championship and the squad are back into work. The summer breaks certainly aren’t the same as they were in years gone by, not that we are complaining!

I am sure the Jack Army have reflected on last season and the what if’s have been thought through and discussed in detail. We finished the season just below mid table and at one time we threatened to break into the playoff places. Unfortunately, a string of four drawn games, and losses in the last two games, put paid to those hopes.

What is certain is that we saw glimpses of the return to the ‘Swansea Way’ of playing, with some very high-quality football played. That augers well for the coming season and every fan is waiting at their phone or device to hear of transfer activity that will shape our future squad.

We know there will be turnover of players, which will help us further evolve into a squad of Russell Martin’s making. This transition will give us all hope that we can mount a serious challenge for the playoffs as a minimum, with promotion to the promised land of the Premier League the ultimate prize.

The next few weeks will be very interesting as the transfer activity unfolds, and we have already seen a few players through the door to strengthen the squad. We welcome Nathan Wood, Wasiri Williams and Harry Darling to our club and city. We look forward to seeing them in action in the coming season.

Last week saw the launch of next season’s kits and as always there was much interest and comment on the colours and styles. The fixture list has also now been published and I’m sure you have had your red pens ready to circle the key dates in the calendar.

As far as the Trust is concerned, work carries on through the summer in the lead up to the new season.

We recently announced details of the annual elections for Trust members wishing to join the Trust Board next season. If you are a current Trust member more details including the procedure and application forms can be found here:

Trust Board Elections 2022 — Swansea City Supporters Trust (swanstrust.co.uk)

We have already received expressions of interest and further questions so we thought it would be useful to share them in a short Elections Q&A we have prepared for members.

I would urge any Trust member who feels they can contribute to the running and work of the Trust to apply, bearing in mind that the deadline for returning the Nomination Forms needs to be received by mail at our Registered Office, or by email to the Trust Secretary, on or before Friday 1st July.

We welcome fresh ideas and perspectives and look forward to seeing the applications come in.

Club Board Meeting

Sian Davies, our Associate Director, and I attended our second Club Board meeting on the 31st May and here are some notes from that meeting that I thought I’d share with you.

Present were Julian Winter, Gareth Davies and ourselves at the stadium, with Jason Levien, Jake Silverstein, Martin Morgan, Sam Porter and Bobby Hernreich joining via Teams.

Gareth Davies presented the club’s latest financial information and confirmed the imminent formal issue of new share certificates to reflect the recent settlement agreement.

Julian Winter gave brief details of the club’s strategy and planning review which is still work in progress. Details of the Summer 2022 transfer window plans were provided.

He confirmed that Josh Marsh had been appointed as the new Head of Football Operations, and that the club continues to support and is in regular dialogue with Swansea City Ladies FC.

I had been requested in advance to provide the board with an update on the Trust’s activities, and here you can see a copy of my Swans Trust Report to Club Board — May 2022

Throughout last season I have regularly given a resume of the monthly meetings that Sian and I have with club CEO, Julian Winter. The following summary covers our recent meetings.

Before our last meeting on 1st June, we met Josh Marsh, the new Head of Football Operations. We had a brief chat, welcoming him to the club and the area, and wishing him the best of luck.

Transfer Window — Julian confirmed plans are in place to continue the development of the squad for the coming season and gave us some insight into the strategies and plans.

Safe Standing/Fan Behaviour — lots of work to be done here.

The football authorities are looking to licence more safe standing areas at football grounds, and we continue to be involved in discussions with the club on how best to deal with this sensitive issue.

The costs for providing ‘safe standing’ are significant for a very small increase in perceived spectator safety. Is our money better spent in the transfer market?

Julian is engaged with the EFL and is endeavouring to get an agreed and workable policy agreed throughout the leagues.

Digital Archive — work is ongoing. The plan is to migrate the existing ‘Swans 100’ site to the club’s website. The prospective supplier of the archive has been put in touch with the curator of the Swans100 site, and cost estimates for moving the project along will be provided soon.

Vetch Gates — These are located at the Swansea.com stadium and I have asked what can be done to integrate them into the Stadium.

Naming Rights — discussions are ongoing to recognise former legends on stands/bars etc within the stadium.

Fan Forums — it is intended to have regular club forums across the fanbase area and attended by RM and his coaching team, wherever possible.

Update: The latest of these took place last week and was a collaborative event between the club and the Trust. It was designed to improve the match day experience of fans and attended by Julian Winter, Rebecca Edwards-Symmons, Gareth Davies, Russell Martin from the club, members of the Trust board and a good number of fans, who had applied to attend.

A number of ideas were discussed, and the club and the Trust will continue working on ideas that were brought up, in the coming weeks and months.

Trust Address — we are looking to use the Stadium for our postal address from next season and a safe and secure system is being investigated. This would provide easier access to collect incoming mail to the Trust.

Trust POD — We are intending to have our POD overhauled during the close season, including new signage.

Ladies Team — Julian confirmed the club continues to support the ladies’ team in many ways and has regular dialogue with its management. With the continued growth in ladies’ football, might we see the 2 Welsh clubs (Swansea and Cardiff) joining the English League in the future?

Swiss Rambler Report — Julian suggested it was a good and fair review of the last set of club accounts.

Trust Membership — Sian requested the clubs help in promoting our new season’s membership campaign, by providing links etc from our own SM campaigns etc. and sending an email to all ST holders encouraging them to join the Trust.

£20 Away Tickets — Sian brought up this issue. Reading, for example, will only offer away fans £20 tickets if the away club reciprocates and Sian asked if the club would reciprocate. Julian stated that this was on the agenda for the next SMT meeting.

Programmes — we have discussed the possibility of reintroducing printed match day programmes. Given the poor uptake of orders for the full season printed programmes, the return of match day programmes is very unlikely. The club will continue printing the smaller fold up match sheets for the foreseeable future. The digital version of a full programme continues to be developed and is available free to fans online.

We meet at least monthly and if you have any questions that you would like us to discuss with Julian, please email us at info@swanstrust.co.uk and we will endeavour to revert to you as soon as possible

I mentioned above some of the projects and initiatives the Trust are involved in and developing. One of those is the Supporter Group Project.

The Trust forms part of a working group made up of local and worldwide Swans supporters, and representatives of the club. The group meet up every month and have recently prepared a short survey for completion by our fans and supporters, particularly those living further afield from the Swansea area.

If you’d like to take part in the survey, which only takes a few moments to complete, please do so here:

The above represents some of the work undertaken by your Trust Board which I hope you find interesting. The Board is made up of volunteers who give up their own time to help promote the aims of The Trust, in the interests of its members the wider fan base, and the club, that we all love and support through thick and thin.

Our new membership season starts on the 1st August, and I hope you will continue your fantastic support of the organisation run by the fans, for the fans.

Enjoy your summer and keep the faith!

Terry Sinnett

Swansea City Supporters’ Trust

24th June 2022

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Supporters Trust Update on 16:52 - Jul 1 with 925 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 16:37 - Jul 1 by Chief

So yes, exactly what I said.

Funding was available but the trust decided against on using it in case it was exhausted.

(Which was a well known risk all along)

Thanks for confirming. I shan't waste my time reciprocating the inane waffle.

Funding was available. I could have given them £5,. That is funding. A unsophisticated play on words. The funding was NOT SUFFICIENT.

A cute leadership could have told the members they 'own it' in the fashionable current phraseology and proceeded.

After running out of money they could have told the members to provide them with the cash to proceed. £500 each would probably do it. Then the members would not be so keen. The funders said we will give you £x and the rest i down to u you. (£2-3m extra?). The Trust do not have it but the members do. They will all whinge until a cash request comes in then they lose interest. It is seen on this thread. "I'm done with them". Democracy does not come for free. "I wanted this" "OK mate it costs £500 each"

"Boom" reality bites.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Supporters Trust Update on 16:53 - Jul 1 with 927 viewsChief

Supporters Trust Update on 14:49 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

Can I ask people, once again to try to contribute in a pleasant way ? I've no worries is robust replies, but there really isn't any need for abuse. It's not my job to ban people, I will remove the posts, but for goodness sake, just be polite, it's not hard

Well it's well known that this site has one particularly fervent anti trust campaigner who over the years has slandered them repeatedly on a variety of unwarranted counts, and come out with ridiculous claims so it's understandable that genuine fans and trust members will respond in strong terms.

What you should be considering is why this thread was started in the first place. A fairly innocuous trust pre-season message, with no real news. Are they usually made as stickys? Or are there are other motives behind the thread other than telling us what the trust are up to that evidently not even the members are particularly interested in anymore?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Supporters Trust Update on 17:13 - Jul 1 with 903 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 16:53 - Jul 1 by Chief

Well it's well known that this site has one particularly fervent anti trust campaigner who over the years has slandered them repeatedly on a variety of unwarranted counts, and come out with ridiculous claims so it's understandable that genuine fans and trust members will respond in strong terms.

What you should be considering is why this thread was started in the first place. A fairly innocuous trust pre-season message, with no real news. Are they usually made as stickys? Or are there are other motives behind the thread other than telling us what the trust are up to that evidently not even the members are particularly interested in anymore?

You have repeatedly doubted and asked when the new share issue will go ahead. This means (I think) the conversion of the loan note into shares. £13m investment. The OP says this.

"Gareth Davies presented the club’s latest financial information and confirmed the imminent formal issue of new share certificates to reflect the recent settlement agreement."

This was a very informative piece of work actually. It is happening. INVESTMENT. Sorry to break the news to you.

Supporters Trust Update on 17:28 - Jul 1 with 894 viewsChief

Supporters Trust Update on 17:13 - Jul 1 by ReslovenSwan1

You have repeatedly doubted and asked when the new share issue will go ahead. This means (I think) the conversion of the loan note into shares. £13m investment. The OP says this.

"Gareth Davies presented the club’s latest financial information and confirmed the imminent formal issue of new share certificates to reflect the recent settlement agreement."

This was a very informative piece of work actually. It is happening. INVESTMENT. Sorry to break the news to you.

Where in this statement does it state that conversion of the CLN is happening then? That quote says nothing of the sort. Sorry to break it to you
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 17:49]

Supporters Trust Update on 18:39 - Jul 1 with 848 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 17:28 - Jul 1 by Chief

Where in this statement does it state that conversion of the CLN is happening then? That quote says nothing of the sort. Sorry to break it to you
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 17:49]

It says 'new shares' will be issued. What for?

It is for (in my opinion) the conversion of the Convertible loan notes into new shares. 10% of the new shares will be given to the SCST plus 5% of special class shares which have special characteristics ( i do not know what they are). Mr Silverstein will get a proportion of the new shares making him a long term investor and the rest will be between the other owners depending on how much cash they put in the CLN.

This is my interpretation. It is a free service. I am not qualified in this business and I will defer to a finance business expert who can confirm or refute my interpretation.

We will see soon for sure. The day of reckoning has arrived. US cash is being spent. This season Swansea did not miss out on Darling because they could not shift Downes. The US people probably liked the club's trading last season. Downes is not Barry McKay.

Supporters Trust Update on 18:49 - Jul 1 with 843 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters Trust Update on 14:49 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

Can I ask people, once again to try to contribute in a pleasant way ? I've no worries is robust replies, but there really isn't any need for abuse. It's not my job to ban people, I will remove the posts, but for goodness sake, just be polite, it's not hard

I appreciate you're in a rock and a hard place but one poster continually posts things that are a stretch at best and downright disingenuous at worst. He/she knows exactly what he/she is doing.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Supporters Trust Update on 19:18 - Jul 1 with 832 viewsChief

Supporters Trust Update on 18:39 - Jul 1 by ReslovenSwan1

It says 'new shares' will be issued. What for?

It is for (in my opinion) the conversion of the Convertible loan notes into new shares. 10% of the new shares will be given to the SCST plus 5% of special class shares which have special characteristics ( i do not know what they are). Mr Silverstein will get a proportion of the new shares making him a long term investor and the rest will be between the other owners depending on how much cash they put in the CLN.

This is my interpretation. It is a free service. I am not qualified in this business and I will defer to a finance business expert who can confirm or refute my interpretation.

We will see soon for sure. The day of reckoning has arrived. US cash is being spent. This season Swansea did not miss out on Darling because they could not shift Downes. The US people probably liked the club's trading last season. Downes is not Barry McKay.

Well you keep believing that if you want. But all this amounts to is the completion of the legal documents relating to the settlement (as it clearly states) - probably the 5% golden share.

That's why the CLN is not mentioned. And it is unrelated to the settlement agreement - trust only getting vague soundbytes about conversion happening 'soon'.

Don't you think Silverstein et al would provide a suitably fluffy press statement of their own if conversation was happening?

Try and keep up Resloven.

So it's good you're not charging people for this tripe you wouldn't get much custom. Stick to caring (very sensitively) for sheep
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 19:20]

Supporters Trust Update on 21:20 - Jul 1 with 792 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 19:18 - Jul 1 by Chief

Well you keep believing that if you want. But all this amounts to is the completion of the legal documents relating to the settlement (as it clearly states) - probably the 5% golden share.

That's why the CLN is not mentioned. And it is unrelated to the settlement agreement - trust only getting vague soundbytes about conversion happening 'soon'.

Don't you think Silverstein et al would provide a suitably fluffy press statement of their own if conversation was happening?

Try and keep up Resloven.

So it's good you're not charging people for this tripe you wouldn't get much custom. Stick to caring (very sensitively) for sheep
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 19:20]

You will here from Silverstein when the conversion is complete. New shares are being issued soon. I anticipate that all the conversion and Trust adjustment will be done at the same time for simplicity b probably by a bank or finance house.

Step 1 Issues a CLN
Step 2 Close the legal case
Step 3 Convert the CLN and issue new shares to the Trust and new and existing shareholders.

I could be wrong but doubt it. No one picked up on it but no surprise there.

I am not sure why you mention 'sheep' all the time. Then again you have been dancing to the tune of English pipers for some time. My grandfather was a sheep farmer actually and did time in the army in WW1.

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters Trust Update on 22:09 - Jul 1 with 774 viewsChief

Supporters Trust Update on 21:20 - Jul 1 by ReslovenSwan1

You will here from Silverstein when the conversion is complete. New shares are being issued soon. I anticipate that all the conversion and Trust adjustment will be done at the same time for simplicity b probably by a bank or finance house.

Step 1 Issues a CLN
Step 3 Convert the CLN and issue new shares to the Trust and new and existing shareholders.

I am not sure why you mention 'sheep' all the time. Then again you have been dancing to the tune of English pipers for some time. My grandfather was a sheep farmer actually and did time in the army in WW1.

Well that's a very rambling and convoluted way to admit your error. How many times did you ruffle your hair while typing that?

A simple 'i was wrong' would have sufficed. But as ever you're channelling your inner Boris Johnson.

Supporters Trust Update on 22:43 - Jul 1 with 756 viewsCatullus

Supporters Trust Update on 22:09 - Jul 1 by Chief

Well that's a very rambling and convoluted way to admit your error. How many times did you ruffle your hair while typing that?

A simple 'i was wrong' would have sufficed. But as ever you're channelling your inner Boris Johnson.

Oh come on, when Bojo is wrong and he realises it, or when he's in trouble, he is quite quick to tell us all we should move on.

Resloven has hardly shown any signs of moving on.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Supporters Trust Update on 22:49 - Jul 1 with 750 viewsChief

Supporters Trust Update on 22:43 - Jul 1 by Catullus

Oh come on, when Bojo is wrong and he realises it, or when he's in trouble, he is quite quick to tell us all we should move on.

Resloven has hardly shown any signs of moving on.

Haha fair point

Supporters Trust Update on 23:32 - Jul 1 with 737 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 22:09 - Jul 1 by Chief

I was not wrong. We will see, it is to be determined.

You have been wrong on predicting a court case for 6 years. It was a non starter from day one. You will be wrong about this too. Everybody else's fault of course. It always is.

I have been compared with everyone else over the 6 years. Boris is a new one.

Supporters Trust Update on 23:36 - Jul 1 with 734 viewsBillyChong

Supporters Trust Update on 21:20 - Jul 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Step 1 Issues a CLN

Is Mr Silverstein going to donate his interest earned to a community trust project? Maybe some funds towards the European campaign for the ladies, or 4G pitches in the local area.
Supporters Trust Update on 23:48 - Jul 1 with 729 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 23:36 - Jul 1 by BillyChong

Is Mr Silverstein going to donate his interest earned to a community trust project? Maybe some funds towards the European campaign for the ladies, or 4G pitches in the local area.

I am not sure if in the event of a share process the interest is payable. You can ask you friendly Trust representative this and about how the club supports the ladies team and and the 4 G pitch issue which I raised last year.

The Trust's brief includes bringing the club closer to the community so the 4g issue and the ladies team is notionally right up their street.

Supporters Trust Update on 23:56 - Jul 1 with 725 viewsChief

Supporters Trust Update on 23:32 - Jul 1 by ReslovenSwan1

I was not wrong. We will see, it is to be determined.

You have been wrong on predicting a court case for 6 years. It was a non starter from day one. You will be wrong about this too. Everybody else's fault of course. It always is.

I have been compared with everyone else over the 6 years. Boris is a new one.

Cutting through the twisted waffle:

You said the trust's statement announced the CLN conversion. It doesn't.

You were WRONG.

And as explained (pay attention this time) - I didn't predict a court case, i merely stated what the trust was telling its member's. When they lodged the papers with the court even you were resigned to the case going ahead. People remember Resloven. You always seem to forget that. Ironically.

Supporters Trust Update on 11:00 - Jul 2 with 662 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 23:56 - Jul 1 by Chief

Cutting through the twisted waffle:

You said the trust's statement announced the CLN conversion. It doesn't.

You were WRONG.

And as explained (pay attention this time) - I didn't predict a court case, i merely stated what the trust was telling its member's. When they lodged the papers with the court even you were resigned to the case going ahead. People remember Resloven. You always seem to forget that. Ironically.

Good morning Chief. You have a reputation for dragging on threads for months. I cannot end them becuase each post of your sadly has some sort of slur or niggle which is the modus operandi of keyboard warriors. I gave the opinion that the 'issue of shares that is impending' will be be at the same time as the conversion (issue of new shares). I also gave the opinion that old shareholders have contributed. (from reading between the lines)

Lets see what happens. No waffle. Just an opinion. 'Reading between the lines' is a concept you do not understand. This is why you are always in the slow lane. I will let you have the last word (which you always want being a bully) if you are polite.

Supporters Trust Update on 12:48 - Jul 2 with 639 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters Trust Update on 11:00 - Jul 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Good morning Chief. You have a reputation for dragging on threads for months. I cannot end them becuase each post of your sadly has some sort of slur or niggle which is the modus operandi of keyboard warriors. I gave the opinion that the 'issue of shares that is impending' will be be at the same time as the conversion (issue of new shares). I also gave the opinion that old shareholders have contributed. (from reading between the lines)

Lets see what happens. No waffle. Just an opinion. 'Reading between the lines' is a concept you do not understand. This is why you are always in the slow lane. I will let you have the last word (which you always want being a bully) if you are polite.

Pointing out the utter garbage you're posting on behalf of Jenkins and Co isn't bullying. Point of order here

Supporters Trust Update on 13:30 - Jul 2 with 617 viewsjasper_T

Supporters Trust Update on 12:48 - Jul 2 by waynekerr55

Pointing out the utter garbage you're posting on behalf of Jenkins and Co isn't bullying. Point of order here

The posts that have been removed did more than point out factual inaccuracies.
Supporters Trust Update on 13:38 - Jul 2 with 614 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 12:48 - Jul 2 by waynekerr55

You lack the quality of perspective. I look at thing holistically (the big picture). Over the last 30 years the contribution of Jenkins and Morgan has been a revelation. And it continues.

The club has along history of underachievement, decay, unsuitable ownership (with even directors imprisoned) near bankruptcy more than once. It was a laughing stock with the team training at public facilities or the beach and the stadium a rusting health and safety hazardous mess. You could argue the council built the stadium but they were never going to partner with bad owners.

You have been led astray by years of negative forum propaganda on the previous ownership of this forum and on the wretched SCFC2 which was and is dominated by aging old boy divas throwing their weight around probably with political affiliations that dominate in south Wales. They are not used to their views questioned.

You live by the energy given to you by notional betrayal. Judas narrative misappropriated.

This has be tempered with logic and a constructive mentality. Negative emotions leads to failure, depression and defeat.

Too many Swansea fans are "know their place Welshmen" that sing to the tune of the English pipers. "We know what we are" they meekly sing doffing their hat to amuse their urban trash abusers.

The Trust strategy of revenge and jealously led the members willingly up the garden path. After 6 years the Judas feelings of betrayal waned and when push came to shove the failed strategy was revealed. The king had no cloths. No one to go to stand up in court and not enough money. (who would have thought it?) The case could only be won if the membership themselves put their cash on the table. Up to £1000 each (They are not that stupid). The SCST board did not even give that idea a moment's thought.

The school of hard knocks. Usually people learn something from such experiences. People have learned but keep quiet. 1000 cannot be wrong. You bet they can because 990 have nothing to say.

Jenkins probably and Levien have put money into the CLN needed to keep the club solvent in Covid. How much did the Trust put in? The question should be rephrased how much did the Trust take out? (in these hard times). £500,000. what are they going to do with it? Nobody knows in fact perhaps nobody cares.

Inflation is 7%. Inflation what is that? er dunno. Do not talk inflation talk biblical references. "Judas" "She is a witch" I tell you. Some of the schools in Swansea are poor. Best to go to 4 days a week the kids are tired and they start too early. The WAG is looking into it.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 13:39]

Supporters Trust Update on 13:53 - Jul 2 with 607 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters Trust Update on 13:38 - Jul 2 by ReslovenSwan1

You lack the quality of perspective. I look at thing holistically (the big picture). Over the last 30 years the contribution of Jenkins and Morgan has been a revelation. And it continues.

The club has along history of underachievement, decay, unsuitable ownership (with even directors imprisoned) near bankruptcy more than once. It was a laughing stock with the team training at public facilities or the beach and the stadium a rusting health and safety hazardous mess. You could argue the council built the stadium but they were never going to partner with bad owners.

You have been led astray by years of negative forum propaganda on the previous ownership of this forum and on the wretched SCFC2 which was and is dominated by aging old boy divas throwing their weight around probably with political affiliations that dominate in south Wales. They are not used to their views questioned.

You live by the energy given to you by notional betrayal. Judas narrative misappropriated.

This has be tempered with logic and a constructive mentality. Negative emotions leads to failure, depression and defeat.

Too many Swansea fans are "know their place Welshmen" that sing to the tune of the English pipers. "We know what we are" they meekly sing doffing their hat to amuse their urban trash abusers.

The Trust strategy of revenge and jealously led the members willingly up the garden path. After 6 years the Judas feelings of betrayal waned and when push came to shove the failed strategy was revealed. The king had no cloths. No one to go to stand up in court and not enough money. (who would have thought it?) The case could only be won if the membership themselves put their cash on the table. Up to £1000 each (They are not that stupid). The SCST board did not even give that idea a moment's thought.

The school of hard knocks. Usually people learn something from such experiences. People have learned but keep quiet. 1000 cannot be wrong. You bet they can because 990 have nothing to say.

Jenkins probably and Levien have put money into the CLN needed to keep the club solvent in Covid. How much did the Trust put in? The question should be rephrased how much did the Trust take out? (in these hard times). £500,000. what are they going to do with it? Nobody knows in fact perhaps nobody cares.

Inflation is 7%. Inflation what is that? er dunno. Do not talk inflation talk biblical references. "Judas" "She is a witch" I tell you. Some of the schools in Swansea are poor. Best to go to 4 days a week the kids are tired and they start too early. The WAG is looking into it.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 13:39]

Para 1 - agreed and nobody of sound mind would have begrudged them selling up

Para 2 - hard to disagree

Para 3 - ironic given the people you worship used Wathan, Vincent and DaiSport to spout semi truths. Out of interest what political affiliations do they have as I've spent quite a bit of time over the years with them and I don't have a clue as to their thoughts

Para 4 - again making assumptions.

Para 5 - interesting assumptions but there we are

Para 6 - I've been exiled for most of the past 20 years so that point is null and void

Para 7 - well we know that to be untrue as the legal team said the case would proceed and there were funds. The issue would be if there was an appeal, however unlike birth, death and taxes there are no guarantees of appeal in court. This argument is also watered down as I believe one of the selling parties didn't want it to go to court as the vehicle under which the shares were sold wouldn't have been able to finance the case. Doesn't sound like someone confident that it was vexatious... throw in the admission on camera in 2017 about being told to keep the trust out and it doesn't need
Rumpole to work out why you continually post nonsense

Para 8 - I don't understand why you are using clichés/proverbs as it adds nothing but verbiage

Para 9 - we'll never know due to the initial terms of sale and the poor decisions of the now Trust board.

Para 10 - more verbiage that means nothing. But Chief is the bully and you're the victim, yeah?

Supporters Trust Update on 14:02 - Jul 2 with 603 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 13:53 - Jul 2 by waynekerr55

Para 1 - agreed and nobody of sound mind would have begrudged them selling up

Para 2 - hard to disagree

Para 3 - ironic given the people you worship used Wathan, Vincent and DaiSport to spout semi truths. Out of interest what political affiliations do they have as I've spent quite a bit of time over the years with them and I don't have a clue as to their thoughts

Para 4 - again making assumptions.

Para 5 - interesting assumptions but there we are

Para 6 - I've been exiled for most of the past 20 years so that point is null and void

Para 7 - well we know that to be untrue as the legal team said the case would proceed and there were funds. The issue would be if there was an appeal, however unlike birth, death and taxes there are no guarantees of appeal in court. This argument is also watered down as I believe one of the selling parties didn't want it to go to court as the vehicle under which the shares were sold wouldn't have been able to finance the case. Doesn't sound like someone confident that it was vexatious... throw in the admission on camera in 2017 about being told to keep the trust out and it doesn't need
Rumpole to work out why you continually post nonsense

Para 8 - I don't understand why you are using clichés/proverbs as it adds nothing but verbiage

Para 9 - we'll never know due to the initial terms of sale and the poor decisions of the now Trust board.

Para 10 - more verbiage that means nothing. But Chief is the bully and you're the victim, yeah?

The SCST did not have funds for an appeal. You know what that means right?. There will be an appeal. The SCST should have asked the members to underwrite the case to demonstrate their commitment in 2018 and saved everyone 4 years of timewasting.

Supporters Trust Update on 14:09 - Jul 2 with 600 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters Trust Update on 14:02 - Jul 2 by ReslovenSwan1

The SCST did not have funds for an appeal. You know what that means right?. There will be an appeal. The SCST should have asked the members to underwrite the case to demonstrate their commitment in 2018 and saved everyone 4 years of timewasting.

And I refer you to my earlier point. There was no guarantee of an appeal at all. So that was a hypothetical situation. In fact, if you look at what happened at Blackpool with the Oystons you have a very similar case of minority shareholder prejudice. Did you see any "appeal" there?

When in a hole, stop digging. Stop trying to give off that you know and understand processes when you don't. Surely the fact that Lisa handed your backside to you on a plate on numerous occasions was a lesson you could (and should) learn from.

Supporters Trust Update on 14:25 - Jul 2 with 593 viewsChief

Supporters Trust Update on 11:00 - Jul 2 by ReslovenSwan1

No waffle you say? (As they inanely ramble on again) dragging threads you say? (While posting a multitude of rambling rehashes of opinions discredited many times in the past)

I've been extremely succinct and I'll continue to be:

This trust update contains nothing regarding CLN conversion (and there's still no date as to when it will happen).

No need for fantasies, waffling, baseless accusations of bullying or deflections
- you were WRONG.

Supporters Trust Update on 14:27 - Jul 2 with 591 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters Trust Update on 14:09 - Jul 2 by waynekerr55

And I refer you to my earlier point. There was no guarantee of an appeal at all. So that was a hypothetical situation. In fact, if you look at what happened at Blackpool with the Oystons you have a very similar case of minority shareholder prejudice. Did you see any "appeal" there?

When in a hole, stop digging. Stop trying to give off that you know and understand processes when you don't. Surely the fact that Lisa handed your backside to you on a plate on numerous occasions was a lesson you could (and should) learn from.

Someone do not remember well talked accountancy jargon to me as a put down. I am not an accountant. I am learning about things from the point of view of an average fan with a reasonable education. My background is in engineering. I am not afraid to question those who are better qualified than me in their chosen field.

As I explained if the SCST did not have the money to go to an appeal. The other side of the court knowing this would therefore appeal. It is very simple logic. In order to cover that the Trust need extra funds. Having exhausted all other sources of funds only one was left. THE MEMBERS. They would have sang in harmony "Sorry, we know what we are".

Appeals are part of the process which everyone knew was a long and tortuous road. The people that said "do not go there " were ignored. Its a lesson worth learning. I know only the basics and the basics are enough. It was called a 'last resort'. No one should be surprised the last resort was not taken. Last resort is eating the family pet Bonzo.

Supporters Trust Update on 14:48 - Jul 2 with 582 viewsChief

Supporters Trust Update on 14:27 - Jul 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Someone do not remember well talked accountancy jargon to me as a put down. I am not an accountant. I am learning about things from the point of view of an average fan with a reasonable education. My background is in engineering. I am not afraid to question those who are better qualified than me in their chosen field.

As I explained if the SCST did not have the money to go to an appeal. The other side of the court knowing this would therefore appeal. It is very simple logic. In order to cover that the Trust need extra funds. Having exhausted all other sources of funds only one was left. THE MEMBERS. They would have sang in harmony "Sorry, we know what we are".

Appeals are part of the process which everyone knew was a long and tortuous road. The people that said "do not go there " were ignored. Its a lesson worth learning. I know only the basics and the basics are enough. It was called a 'last resort'. No one should be surprised the last resort was not taken. Last resort is eating the family pet Bonzo.

So you're admitting without saying it that were wrong again. You're now saying there was funding available for the case.

But not for an appeal (which is a separate entity and not part of the process because you don't know if it's going to even happen) that may not have ever occurred. On what grounds would appeal I'm the event of a trust win? A QC endorsed case that has been won - would the sellouts/yanks want to dig themselves an even deeper financial hole after a clean loss?

Would there be anything stopping the trust seeking further funding for an appeal? It would appear an attractive proposition to prospective funders to fight that appeal in my opinion.

Again I'll ignore the senile inane ramblings.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024