Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst away following with The Swans 18:28 - Jul 23 with 2940 views1983

A lot has been said about going away in big numbers but what was the worst following away you were with? mine was

Sheff Wed January 1984 about 30 of us and we lost 5-1

Cardiff away it was a Sherpa van or LDV game circa 1985/86 about 40 of us the whole crowd was something like 1500 in fact the police took us to cardiff station in their vans because it was lashing in it down and they didn't want to get wet walking us.

Worst away following with The Swans on 18:48 - Jul 23 with 2901 viewsSTID2017

Went to a few ( Colchester Good Friday Easter 1977, Southend, also a Friday, Crewe in the re election season).
All were one man and his dog type away support
2 draws and a win in those three so not bad though

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Worst away following with The Swans on 18:54 - Jul 23 with 2858 viewsonehunglow

Hillsborough in the snow and a spectacular Tosh goal.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Worst away following with The Swans on 19:43 - Jul 23 with 2812 viewsKeithHaynes

Been in a few, nine of us at Wrexham and it has to be the Welsh cup. Night game. Five from Gloucester 😂 Stewart Phillips scored I think four but it was definitely three.
He was awful, but that night he was on fire. Like an Aiden Newhouse, but potentially worse. ( I know )

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Worst away following with The Swans on 22:22 - Jul 23 with 2703 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh Cup 1971.
Llanidloes Town v Swansea City
Midweek afternoon game.
My Dad had picked me and my mate up from primary school at lunchtime, and took us to Llani to watch the game. My Dad had supported Swansea all his life, despite being brought up 80 miles away from The Vetch. (Loads of older Swans fans from these parts).
Anyway, there were about 30 Swans fans and about 3000 Llani fans, the ground was bursting.
Llanidloes 2, Swansea 4.
Me with my hand knitted by Mum Swansea scarf.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Worst away following with The Swans on 22:26 - Jul 23 with 2679 viewsonehunglow

Leeds Rd Huddersfield on a wet Tuesday .
Mark was there ,possible Eggy and a gang I brought from a training course

Worst away following with The Swans on 22:49 - Jul 23 with 2661 viewsCatullus

Aldershot, I don't remember the year. About 3 minibuses and a few cars, 1 half full coach. Slipping and sliding in the mud as we had to walk across some green land to get to the away end, may even have been a park but it was very slippy by the turnstyles and I ended up on my arris, I was cold and wet the rest of the night.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Worst away following with The Swans (n/t) on 07:41 - Jul 24 with 2537 viewsangryjack

[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 7:43]
Worst away following with The Swans on 07:42 - Jul 24 with 2544 viewsSwans9

Felt there wasn't many of us when Mumford scored winner against us at Port Talbot. He came off the bench scored knocked us out of the Welsh prem cup at the qf stage in 2007 after we had won it the year before.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst away following with The Swans on 07:44 - Jul 24 with 2526 viewsangryjack

I was at the cardiff one same night the space shuttle crashed jan 86 think it was..
Worst away following with The Swans on 11:33 - Jul 24 with 2394 viewspencoedjack

Worst away following with The Swans on 22:49 - Jul 23 by Catullus

Aldershot, I don't remember the year. About 3 minibuses and a few cars, 1 half full coach. Slipping and sliding in the mud as we had to walk across some green land to get to the away end, may even have been a park but it was very slippy by the turnstyles and I ended up on my arris, I was cold and wet the rest of the night.

Was at the same game & there certainly wasn’t many of us.
Worst away following with The Swans on 12:02 - Jul 24 with 2368 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Worst away following with The Swans on 18:48 - Jul 23 by STID2017

Went to a few ( Colchester Good Friday Easter 1977, Southend, also a Friday, Crewe in the re election season).
All were one man and his dog type away support
2 draws and a win in those three so not bad though

Colchester on a Friday night when we’d messed up our promotion hopes (‘87? ) and got thumped. They had chickenwire for segregation

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Worst away following with The Swans on 12:15 - Jul 24 with 2355 viewsSWANZF4N

Doncaster away - they were bottom and seem to recall an article in the post about 12 away fans went and were let in for free by the owners?
Worst away following with The Swans on 13:34 - Jul 24 with 2316 viewsdobjack2

Worst away following with The Swans on 11:33 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

Was at the same game & there certainly wasn’t many of us.

From memory we had to walk through a park to get to the away end and there was netting up to stop the ball going out of the ground.

We played them twice that season, once in the league, once in the Freight Rover. Can't remember whether I went to both or not.
Worst away following with The Swans on 13:44 - Jul 24 with 2293 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mansfield around 1997 ish. About 20 of us there.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Worst away following with The Swans on 13:46 - Jul 24 with 2308 viewsdobjack2

I don't remember there being many there when we beat Bournemouth 2-1 on a Tuesday night in 1984 (Division 3) to record our first away win in over 2 seasons.

About half a bus to Leeds for a Midweek game in early 1984 (Division 2) - lost 1-0 Peter Lorimer. Remember buying Bovrils to keep my hands warm as it was freezing.

Midweek long distance or Friday night games long distance (Colchester & Southend) were understandably much lower turn outs.
Worst away following with The Swans on 15:52 - Jul 24 with 2268 views1983

Worst away following with The Swans on 07:44 - Jul 24 by angryjack

I was at the cardiff one same night the space shuttle crashed jan 86 think it was..

Just looked it up

28th January 1986
Freight Rover Preliminary Round Southern Section Group 7
Swansea City won 2-0
Crowd 1,006

They put us in the Grandstand in the terracing on the bottom it p1ssed down all night

Worst away following with The Swans on 16:44 - Jul 24 with 2240 viewspencoedjack

Worst away following with The Swans on 13:34 - Jul 24 by dobjack2

From memory we had to walk through a park to get to the away end and there was netting up to stop the ball going out of the ground.

We played them twice that season, once in the league, once in the Freight Rover. Can't remember whether I went to both or not.

Yep through a park to get to the stand.

I think the game was on a Sunday for some reason ( I might be wrong).
Worst away following with The Swans on 19:43 - Jul 24 with 2172 viewsangryjack

Worst away following with The Swans on 15:52 - Jul 24 by 1983

Just looked it up

28th January 1986
Freight Rover Preliminary Round Southern Section Group 7
Swansea City won 2-0
Crowd 1,006

They put us in the Grandstand in the terracing on the bottom it p1ssed down all night

They opened gate and got in free..another away game I went was Peterborough on a wet Tuesday night 1986 about 50 of us there won 1 0....lyndon symmonds scored
Worst away following with The Swans on 20:24 - Jul 24 with 2130 views3swan

Very difficult to say.

In the pre segregation days and in Division 4 it did seem as there were no Swans fans at some games, as unless there was a group they would be dotted around the ground.

Not many good results, so not able to spot
Worst away following with The Swans on 20:25 - Jul 24 with 2118 viewsonehunglow

Worst away following with The Swans on 20:24 - Jul 24 by 3swan

Very difficult to say.

In the pre segregation days and in Division 4 it did seem as there were no Swans fans at some games, as unless there was a group they would be dotted around the ground.

Not many good results, so not able to spot

Halifax at The Shay

Worst away following with The Swans on 21:48 - Jul 24 with 2059 views3swan

First time I went to the Shay it rained before and during the game. Got worse as the game went on and got to HT. About 15 mins into the second half, the ref abandoned the game as there were large puddles all over the pitch. Strange how things keep in the memory but I can remember Geoff Thomas going to pick the ball up for a throw in and doubling up holding is back.
Worst away following with The Swans on 22:01 - Jul 24 with 2046 viewsPaxton

Attended a few away games back in the day in the '70's in the old 4th division where not many travelled. Rochdale January 1977 sticks out though, about 15 of us.
Worst away following with The Swans on 23:35 - Jul 24 with 2009 viewsCatullus

Worst away following with The Swans on 13:34 - Jul 24 by dobjack2

Wasn't the netting at the other end of the pitch because they literally had a park fence donw there and then it was the road, when I say park fence it wasn't even as good as the Ashleigh road fences!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Worst away following with The Swans on 11:03 - Jul 25 with 1945 viewsdobjack2

Worst away following with The Swans on 23:35 - Jul 24 by Catullus

Wasn't the netting at the other end of the pitch because they literally had a park fence donw there and then it was the road, when I say park fence it wasn't even as good as the Ashleigh road fences!

I'm not sure where the fences/netting were but you are probably right. The first time I went there I couldn't believe that it was a league football ground.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024