Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 12:44 - Jul 25 with 28457 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first game of the season at a newly promoted side away from home. The likely outcome is obvious but we have to have some hope. A draw would be decent, these first games of the season away from home are no guide but can often end in defeat.

Away Fans Info
A decent place to meet is at the union club and the owner opens his front and back doors to away fans for all Rotherham United matches. Here are the details.

The Union Club, ( Transport Club )
Union Street,
Masbrough,
Rotherham S61 1AA

The owner Paul is on 07565853802 if you want to contact him to open up at a certain time. They sell a wide range of beers, cider and have a decent pub food menu. About a ten minute walk to the stadium.

Rotherham ‘Facts Explained ’
Gordon Banks is from Rotherham, he was a goalkeeper who only had one eye when he retired. Gordon in currently dead. Pocket Handkerchief Lane, now there’s a name to work with ? It’s a name of a lane in Rotherham. It is said that in this lane the Pocket Handkerchief was first conceived. Not literally. However we think that could be a load of bollocks. The Chuckle brothers are from Rotherham. Nowadays they are a singular act as one of them is also currently dead. Saxon and Jive Bunny are from the town, hard to work out I know. Especially when legend has it that Barnsley is where Saxon hail from. Even more difficult is Jive Bunny. They do come from Rotherham and often got themselves in a right pickle.

We know you won’t believe this but the first football was made out of cheese in Rotherham. It was made by a chap called Billy Miller. Billy was the cousin of another Rotherham great named William of Hague. Hence the nickname ‘The Millers’ That’s possibly enough true, startling and fun facts for now.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58075/big-swansea-city-s

Rotherham United: Viktor Johansson, Wes Harding, Dan Barlaser, Richard Wood (captain), Ben Wiles, Chiedozie Ogbene, Conor Washington, Jamie Lindsay, Shane Ferguson, Grant Hall, Cam Humphreys.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Cohen Bramall, Jamie McCart, Georgie Kelly, Scott High, Hakeem Odoffin, Peter Kioso.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Ben Cabango, Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Cameron Congreve.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 21:58 - Jul 28 with 1998 viewsraynor94

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 21:27 - Jul 28 by jackrmee

I've been under a rock or a while ha. What's the rule?

Minimum pricing for alcohol in Wales, dearer than in England, pathetic Drakeford rule

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 21:58 - Jul 28 with 1995 viewsFlashberryjack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 21:03 - Jul 28 by builthjack

It appears as cheap in Wales as in England. I bought Butty Bach in Llandrindod a few weeks ago and it was the same price as Asda Hereford.
Perhaps England are profiteering.
Anyway, hope you have your slab for that bus.
I used to play super league at Ystalyfera many moons ago. Big drinkers,

You've got to look at the offers mate.

I'm sure there'll be more than a few slabs, yes they do like a few sherberts.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:04 - Jul 28 with 1996 viewsFireboy2

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 21:58 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Minimum pricing for alcohol in Wales, dearer than in England, pathetic Drakeford rule

Fuel is cheaper.
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:08 - Jul 28 with 1993 viewsbuilthjack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 21:58 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

You've got to look at the offers mate.

I'm sure there'll be more than a few slabs, yes they do like a few sherberts.

Make sure you say hello to Fireboy

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:17 - Jul 28 with 1969 viewsraynor94

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:04 - Jul 28 by Fireboy2

Fuel is cheaper.

How will I recognise you there Fb

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:20 - Jul 28 with 1968 viewsbuilthjack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:17 - Jul 28 by raynor94

I wouldn't recognise him this Saturday. He is going to be sober.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:26 - Jul 28 with 1960 viewsraynor94

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:20 - Jul 28 by builthjack

I wouldn't recognise him this Saturday. He is going to be sober.

Give us a clue

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:48 - Jul 28 with 1937 viewsFireboy2

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:17 - Jul 28 by raynor94

I'm 6'3" and so is my 15 year old boy.

And unfortunately I will be sober as I'm having to drive 😡
Login to get fewer ads

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 23:03 - Jul 28 with 1909 viewsjackharris

Last chance to purchase tickets in person is between 9am to 10am at the Swansea City Ticket Office tomorrow morning (29.7.22). Any tickets purchased online before 10am tomorrow can be collected from the Rotherham Ticket Office.

[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 23:03]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 23:08 - Jul 28 with 1890 viewsraynor94

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 22:48 - Jul 28 by Fireboy2

I'm 6'3" and so is my 15 year old boy.

And unfortunately I will be sober as I'm having to drive 😡

Well, I can't promise you I'll be sober, staying up Saturday night😉🍻👍

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 23:44 - Jul 28 with 1873 viewsCatullus

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 23:08 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Just don't have 10 pints or FB may try and tongue you

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 23:46 - Jul 28 with 1872 viewsFireboy2

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 23:08 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Well you are going to have to behave then, you will have a long night mate 👍
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 23:46 - Jul 28 with 1871 viewsFireboy2

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 23:44 - Jul 28 by Catullus

Just don't have 10 pints or FB may try and tongue you

Saving that for you Cat 😘
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 07:26 - Jul 29 with 1810 viewsbuilthjack

2 x very tall ones, one old, one young, both with a Coke in their hands.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 08:29 - Jul 29 with 1777 viewsjackrmee

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 21:58 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Ah right, thanks.
I don’t drink, or watch the news, no wonder I didn’t know that one ha

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 08:56 - Jul 29 with 1761 viewsjackrmee

A very encouraging preview by Sports Mole.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/rotherham-united/preview/preview-rotherham

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 09:01 - Jul 29 with 1749 viewsFireboy2

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 07:26 - Jul 29 by builthjack

T!@# 😡
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 12:31 - Jul 29 with 1668 viewsSTID2017

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 07:26 - Jul 29 by builthjack

Older one may also have a missing tooth where the younger one did for him

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 13:28 - Jul 29 with 1644 viewsThrasher6

The ref...Matt Donohue...is card happy. Dished out 8 reds last season....it's a 1.01 we get one tomorrow..

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 1638 viewsvetchonian

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 13:28 - Jul 29 by Thrasher6

The ref...Matt Donohue...is card happy. Dished out 8 reds last season....it's a 1.01 we get one tomorrow..

Downes would have been a cert then!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 16:11 - Jul 29 with 1574 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58075/big-swansea-city-s

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 10:43 - Jul 30 with 1279 viewsmagicdaps10

So then lads, it's match day.

Before the game starts, I will be very interested to see if Ogbene starts for them.

Would like to see Manning start on the left and Sorinola on the right.

First game, Rotherham promoted and on a high, never easy to play one of the promoted teams first game especially at their place.

Would be happy enough without losing today, a win would be great but it's a bit of a banana skin this one so won't be making any silly predictions with this one.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 10:52 - Jul 30 with 1268 viewsblaenaugwentjack

We need to start well, high tempo and the right attitude, if not could be a long afternoon. I think we will just nick it, but I can't see us keeping a clean sheet today. More work needed on the training field in that area. Hope Congreve starts.
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 11:22 - Jul 30 with 1243 viewsjackrmee

Good odds on us today>
Swans win @2.88 (1.88/1).
Win & both teams to score @ 5.0 (4/1).

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 11:37 - Jul 30 with 1210 viewsBadlands

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 10:52 - Jul 30 by blaenaugwentjack

We need to start well, high tempo and the right attitude, if not could be a long afternoon. I think we will just nick it, but I can't see us keeping a clean sheet today. More work needed on the training field in that area. Hope Congreve starts.

Back line may well be shaky. There wasn’t a lot of time for the new players to bed into a back three or four and Cabango hasn’t had any game time with them.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024