Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! 10:50 - Aug 25 with 4999 viewseghamranger

I know they haven’t had a great start, but it’s still August for gawd sake!

[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 11:46]
Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 14:01 - Aug 26 with 886 viewsPhildo

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 14:37 - Aug 26 with 780 viewsaston_hoop

Apparently Neil didn't think he was being backed in the transfer market so Stoke makes sense, they'll sign any old shite

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 16:26 - Aug 26 with 623 viewsstanistheman

Stoke sack manager Michael Oneill ! on 16:00 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

Well I've only been able to see one game this seaosn, so what do I know?!
But I don't think you can measure things on who you can or can't beat across a season. I was at Scunthorpe 4 QPR 1 as you were too I'm sure. Had that happened in the first week: 'if you can't beat Scunthorpe...'
Then again, as I said before the seaosn opener, I was baffled by the optimism on this board. I loved Warbs, but we'd been poor for months and in relegation form. The idea that a couple of signings and a new manager would alter that to any degree early in the season was always fanciful - in fact, Beale has been further hamstrung (pun intended) by having to work without most of his signings most of the time.
What I would say is that we were scintillating for 40 mins v Boro, and created enough chances to win 3 games v Rotherham judging from the highlights. But as you often say, it's about expectations. I expected us to struggle, but hopefully improve over the course of the season. If you expected us to be challenging top 6 again immediately then you're going to be justifiably worried.

If you’re referring to the defeat when Warnock led us to the title that defeat was towards the end of the season around March or April.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024