Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Total ban on booze then . 10:33 - Nov 18 with 2749 viewsonehunglow

I read the Qatari “”royal family” are demanding a total ban on booze now.
If this goes ahead,it will mean FIFA would be in breach of contract with Budweiser .
To be honest,it’s given me more reason to be interested now in this dirty tournament .

Granted it’s rare to see Wales qualify but of all the places ,it makes it even sadder we did not qualify for Argentina and Mexico and others

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Total ban on booze then . on 21:28 - Nov 18 with 1017 viewsmax936

Total ban on booze then . on 21:22 - Nov 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Have you heard of China, Pakistan, Turkiye Saudi Arabia, Brasil? Qatar put gas in your oven. How about Russian gas?. it is cheaper. USA gas come from fracking. Russian are Christians and have the backing of the Russian Church.

How Qataris live is up to them. They have stability and wealth for all their people while Yemen is burning and their children starve.

As I have explained our hands are not clean either. I have brought to your attentions Southern USA evangelists believe our attitude the the unborn child is lamentable.

If you own a shop you have to sell to people you neither like nor agree with. UK is a trading nation.

I got an electric oven and hob and an oil boiler, have another go.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Total ban on booze then . on 22:04 - Nov 18 with 985 viewsScotia

I don't know what this World Cup will play out to be and I completely agree about adhering to different countries traditions and values when visiting them .

But if Qatar don't like the traditions of football and its fans perhaps they shouldn't have bid to host the tournament in the first place?

They've invited football to their country. Fans and joviality are part of the package. Gay, straight, women and men, they are the football fans of the rest of the world. Qatar should accommodate that and them. I'm sure Germany laid on extra brothels during the last euros??

I know a number of people going and it seems like nothing but hard work, they can't even wear shorts above the knee for crying out loud.

The entire thing is a farce.
Total ban on booze then . on 22:23 - Nov 18 with 971 viewsFireboy2

Total ban on booze then . on 22:04 - Nov 18 by Scotia

I don't know what this World Cup will play out to be and I completely agree about adhering to different countries traditions and values when visiting them .

But if Qatar don't like the traditions of football and its fans perhaps they shouldn't have bid to host the tournament in the first place?

They've invited football to their country. Fans and joviality are part of the package. Gay, straight, women and men, they are the football fans of the rest of the world. Qatar should accommodate that and them. I'm sure Germany laid on extra brothels during the last euros??

I know a number of people going and it seems like nothing but hard work, they can't even wear shorts above the knee for crying out loud.

Absolutely spot on mate but ateotd it's always been about money.
Total ban on booze then . on 22:58 - Nov 18 with 947 viewsbuilthjack

Total ban on booze then . on 22:23 - Nov 18 by Fireboy2

Absolutely spot on mate but ateotd it's always been about money.

Imagine watching Wales away and no booze.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Total ban on booze then . on 23:12 - Nov 18 with 942 viewsReslovenSwan1

Total ban on booze then . on 21:28 - Nov 18 by max936

I got an electric oven and hob and an oil boiler, have another go.

Yes you are sanctimonious. I am stuck with a gas hob with gas coming from Qatar, Russia or USA. We could frack in the UK but Greenpeace and the home county nimbys do not like it.

I accept that to live in comfort I have to make compromises. I do not worry too much about Qatar banning rainbow colours, men in pink shorts and whistles. They just have to be discrete and crack on. Qatar should be forced by public opinion to pay compensation to the 6500 workers who died due their lack of care. No one else on this forum is demanding it. Only me. Not even the Guardian.

In fact FAW / FA should organising a Welsh whip around for the 6500 prematurely dead. Banglaldesh is in the Commonwealth. Least we could do. £1 on a bucket hat. What a good idea, Yes my idea.

Qatari are not nice people. Their Muslim faith is fake otherwise they would have already paid them. The drive their Muslim brothers i literally into the ground but sniff at Christians and atheists sipping fermented barley juice. A bit odd if you ask me.

The Welsh fans are very odd. They sing songs about them being proud of being deviant like 15 year old school boys. Embarrassing,

Wise sage since Toshack era

Total ban on booze then . on 23:47 - Nov 18 with 933 viewsmax936

Total ban on booze then . on 23:12 - Nov 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes you are sanctimonious. I am stuck with a gas hob with gas coming from Qatar, Russia or USA. We could frack in the UK but Greenpeace and the home county nimbys do not like it.

I accept that to live in comfort I have to make compromises. I do not worry too much about Qatar banning rainbow colours, men in pink shorts and whistles. They just have to be discrete and crack on. Qatar should be forced by public opinion to pay compensation to the 6500 workers who died due their lack of care. No one else on this forum is demanding it. Only me. Not even the Guardian.

In fact FAW / FA should organising a Welsh whip around for the 6500 prematurely dead. Banglaldesh is in the Commonwealth. Least we could do. £1 on a bucket hat. What a good idea, Yes my idea.

Qatari are not nice people. Their Muslim faith is fake otherwise they would have already paid them. The drive their Muslim brothers i literally into the ground but sniff at Christians and atheists sipping fermented barley juice. A bit odd if you ask me.

The Welsh fans are very odd. They sing songs about them being proud of being deviant like 15 year old school boys. Embarrassing,

Me Sanctimonious, have a read of your posts, then ask yourself who is actually sanctimonious amongst many other things, whats that they say about those that live in glass houses.........

Game, set and match, me thinks, good evening.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Total ban on booze then . on 00:53 - Nov 19 with 909 viewsRobbie

Looking back , the World Cup was awarded to Russia in 2018 , what a brilliant spectacle we all thought , what was the problem , they were great hosts , everybody happy .

Underneath the image shown to the World by them , and we bought into too , who will take the dodgy sweeteners , votes and favours to put this event on , top bidders probably .

Looks like this sporting showcase is now being controlled by Goverments and incentives .
Total ban on booze then . on 10:10 - Nov 19 with 838 viewsBadlands

Total ban on booze then . on 00:53 - Nov 19 by Robbie

Looking back , the World Cup was awarded to Russia in 2018 , what a brilliant spectacle we all thought , what was the problem , they were great hosts , everybody happy .

Underneath the image shown to the World by them , and we bought into too , who will take the dodgy sweeteners , votes and favours to put this event on , top bidders probably .

Looks like this sporting showcase is now being controlled by Goverments and incentives .

By 2018 Russia had already illegally invaded Crimea, was supporting and fighting with Eastern Ukrainian rebels / terrorists, pulverised cities to dust in Syria killing c7,000 civilians in the process, were undermining governments / elections through cyber attacks, carrying out political assassinations, had our then home secretary in their pocket while at home some civil rights were allowed on paper but in reality were subject to crack downs.
But it was OK to host the World Cup and there was no backlash from fans because they had a history of football, predominantly Christian, predominantly white and sold alcohol!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Total ban on booze then . on 10:13 - Nov 19 with 836 viewsonehunglow

Total ban on booze then . on 23:47 - Nov 18 by max936

Me Sanctimonious, have a read of your posts, then ask yourself who is actually sanctimonious amongst many other things, whats that they say about those that live in glass houses.........

Game, set and match, me thinks, good evening.

Incredible.
I c@ think of many adjectives but s@nctamanonous .You ?

You re not a pure bred Welshman are you

Total ban on booze then . on 11:52 - Nov 19 with 786 viewsSTID2017

Total ban on booze then . on 22:04 - Nov 18 by Scotia

Agree.
And for those reasons and so many more it should never have happened.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Total ban on booze then . on 15:42 - Nov 19 with 720 viewsFlashberryjack

Total ban on booze then . on 11:43 - Nov 18 by demonk

They've just banned all alchohol sales in the stadiums just now might be the start

I hope this doesn't give Drakeford any ideas.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Total ban on booze then . on 16:59 - Nov 19 with 679 viewsReslovenSwan1

Total ban on booze then . on 15:42 - Nov 19 by Flashberryjack

Drakeford is not there to upset our important business partners in Qatar. They have restricted right for homosexuals we have limited rights for the unborn child. His job is not a jaunt. It is big potatoes. He cannot afford to upset the Qataris.

Talking of new potatoes Pembroke shire has huge interests in Qatar including the need for cash to build new gas terminals.

https://dohanews.co/qatar-to-expand-welsh-gas-terminals-amid-uk-scramble-for-lng
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 17:07]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Total ban on booze then . on 17:21 - Nov 19 with 659 viewsBadlands

Total ban on booze then . on 15:42 - Nov 19 by Flashberryjack

Boring

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Total ban on booze then . on 17:28 - Nov 19 with 645 viewsFlashberryjack

Total ban on booze then . on 17:21 - Nov 19 by Badlands

Boring

Never mind, I'm sure you'll post something interesting one day.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Total ban on booze then . on 10:11 - Nov 20 with 543 viewsWhiterockin

Ironic that those who banned alcohol sales in stadiums, will be able to enjoy it in hospitality.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Total ban on booze then . on 10:12 - Nov 20 with 538 viewsonehunglow

Total ban on booze then . on 16:59 - Nov 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Drakeford is not there to upset our important business partners in Qatar. They have restricted right for homosexuals we have limited rights for the unborn child. His job is not a jaunt. It is big potatoes. He cannot afford to upset the Qataris.

Talking of new potatoes Pembroke shire has huge interests in Qatar including the need for cash to build new gas terminals.

https://dohanews.co/qatar-to-expand-welsh-gas-terminals-amid-uk-scramble-for-lng
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 17:07]

Reflect on my comments we are all hypocrites.
That includes you,me,everyone .

Total ban on booze then . on 10:53 - Nov 20 with 519 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Total ban on booze then . on 20:37 - Nov 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Drakefords presence is not laughable. In fact I would say it is creditable. Drakeford does not even like football although he no doubt will have nice hotel facilities and a reasonable entertainment budget. He does not come over as the sort of bloke to overdo things.

He is there to do a job and charm the Arabs and raise the profile of Wales. His job is not to promote 'Gay' issues or lobby the Muslims to relax their religious beliefs. If he did, that would be laughable.

I Have made the parallel with UK position on 'abortion on demand'. If a Texan evangelist came over to lobby Ravi Sunak on this at the next NFL match between the Cowboys and the Dolphins at Tottenham he would be given short shrift and told to butt out creating a bad atmosphere.

Drakeford should be focusing on getting the Qatar airway back at CWL airport and investment for struggling Welsh based firms like Aston Martin or in the new transport or renewable energy fields. Good old fashioned networking. It is their big few weeks in the global spotlight.

Drakeford is an honorary member of Cardiff’s board isn’t he?

Also do Qatar airlines have a major hub investment at Cardiff airport where the WAG has invested good money and bad?

Drakeford won’t be saying boo to a goose to them.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Total ban on booze then . on 10:57 - Nov 20 with 510 viewsWhiterockin

Total ban on booze then . on 10:53 - Nov 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Drakeford is an honorary member of Cardiff’s board isn’t he?

Also do Qatar airlines have a major hub investment at Cardiff airport where the WAG has invested good money and bad?

Drakeford won’t be saying boo to a goose to them.

He needs to say something. Although Qatar Airways have had the cash the link hasn't started back up since Covid. Apart from the flight in to pick up the players.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024