Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wrexham Owners 20:48 - Jan 29 with 5842 viewsbuilthjack

In it for the long haul by the sound of it.
What’s your thoughts on them?

I think they will take Wrexham to the Championship in the next 6/7 years, playing in front of 17000 every week. They will be our main Welsh rivals.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Wrexham Owners on 20:52 - Jan 29 with 2380 viewsSirjohnalot

Absolutely brilliant, documentary was superb. Great to see the community excited, being made famous in the US, and the boost to their tourism. Even if they’re not in it for the long haul, which they look like they are, what a ride they’re having.

Hope they smash it
The Wrexham Owners on 20:59 - Jan 29 with 2346 viewsDr_Winston

Of the two of them I initially suspected that McElheny was the true believer whilst Reynolds was just along for the lark. That may have changed over time.

There's probably easier ways to make money than invest in a lower league football club. Now it's likely that both of them actually want to progress the side. They've been fairly honest about them only being able to take things so far before seeking alternative investment too.

As far as Wrexham the club goes, their biggest battle will be turning the curious into proper supporters. North Wales certainly has the population to sustain a Premier League club, but far too many of the locals have gravitated towards Liverpool and Manchester for decades. Breaking that link will be hard work.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Wrexham Owners on 21:03 - Jan 29 with 2329 viewsWhiterockin

The Wrexham Owners on 20:59 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Of the two of them I initially suspected that McElheny was the true believer whilst Reynolds was just along for the lark. That may have changed over time.

There's probably easier ways to make money than invest in a lower league football club. Now it's likely that both of them actually want to progress the side. They've been fairly honest about them only being able to take things so far before seeking alternative investment too.

As far as Wrexham the club goes, their biggest battle will be turning the curious into proper supporters. North Wales certainly has the population to sustain a Premier League club, but far too many of the locals have gravitated towards Liverpool and Manchester for decades. Breaking that link will be hard work.

Where they are located will make it far easier to attract players than clubs like ours.
The Wrexham Owners on 21:05 - Jan 29 with 2316 viewsDr_Winston

The Wrexham Owners on 21:03 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

Where they are located will make it far easier to attract players than clubs like ours.

The documentary showed that. Paul Mullin turned down teams higher up the table because Wrexham was closer to home for him. He probably could have earned similar wages in the Championship after the season he had.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Wrexham Owners on 21:18 - Jan 29 with 2291 viewsWhiterockin

The Wrexham Owners on 21:05 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

The documentary showed that. Paul Mullin turned down teams higher up the table because Wrexham was closer to home for him. He probably could have earned similar wages in the Championship after the season he had.

If they made it further up the pyramid it would be convenient to have loans from the Merseyside clubs.
The Wrexham Owners on 21:20 - Jan 29 with 2289 viewsDr_Winston

The Wrexham Owners on 21:18 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

If they made it further up the pyramid it would be convenient to have loans from the Merseyside clubs.

They could certainly make hay from being the loan destination of choice for the Manchester/Liverpool clubs.

The Wrexham Owners on 22:30 - Jan 29 with 2224 viewsraynor94

They have to get out of the National league first, no easy task to finish above Notts County.

If they end up in the play off lottery, they could miss out again, would the novelty start to wear off then

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Wrexham Owners on 22:34 - Jan 29 with 2218 viewsFireboy2

The Wrexham Owners on 20:59 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

If they stay for 10 years they will rise up the leagues, it won't take long to accumulate fans, look at us today, we have so many fans that follow us from our rise to and including the PL days.
Login to get fewer ads

The Wrexham Owners on 22:45 - Jan 29 with 2195 viewsDr_Winston

The Wrexham Owners on 22:34 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

If they stay for 10 years they will rise up the leagues, it won't take long to accumulate fans, look at us today, we have so many fans that follow us from our rise to and including the PL days.

We have increased numbers since I first started following the club (when 5,500 was considered a big crowd), but the fickle remains. Given the tedious fayre on offer and our failure to reach the playoffs I'd imagine our average crowd next season will be around the 12,000 mark. Significantly lower than this year.

Wrexham aren't far off that now.

The Wrexham Owners on 22:46 - Jan 29 with 2188 viewsonehunglow

Imagine if they had bought us and how we d feel.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Wrexham Owners on 22:51 - Jan 29 with 2185 viewsDr_Winston

The Wrexham Owners on 22:46 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

Imagine if they had bought us and how we d feel.

They couldn't afford us.

The Wrexham Owners on 22:55 - Jan 29 with 2187 viewsFireboy2

The Wrexham Owners on 22:45 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

We have increased numbers since I first started following the club (when 5,500 was considered a big crowd), but the fickle remains. Given the tedious fayre on offer and our failure to reach the playoffs I'd imagine our average crowd next season will be around the 12,000 mark. Significantly lower than this year.

Wrexham aren't far off that now.

We still have a decent following considering the 'tedious fayre' must be the loyal who watch no matter what 'fayre' is put up.

Btw wrexham only had just over 9k there today in a big FA cup match
The Wrexham Owners on 22:57 - Jan 29 with 2173 viewsonehunglow

The Wrexham Owners on 22:55 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

We still have a decent following considering the 'tedious fayre' must be the loyal who watch no matter what 'fayre' is put up.

No need for “ inverted commas”

It is tedious
You know it,you ve said as much

Give it a rest please and respect fellow fan opinions

Thanks

The Wrexham Owners on 23:02 - Jan 29 with 2168 viewsDr_Winston

Decent but about two thirds of those who turned up when we were in the Prem. Another year or two of Championship struggle and that will drop again.

It's a simple reality of the Welsh sporting public. They'll turn out in droves for a team doing well but will find something else to do if not. That goes for us, Cardiff, Wrexham or even the egg chasers.

The Wrexham Owners on 23:06 - Jan 29 with 2166 viewsFireboy2

The Wrexham Owners on 23:02 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Decent but about two thirds of those who turned up when we were in the Prem. Another year or two of Championship struggle and that will drop again.

It's a simple reality of the Welsh sporting public. They'll turn out in droves for a team doing well but will find something else to do if not. That goes for us, Cardiff, Wrexham or even the egg chasers.

Championship struggle?

Stop it, my sides are splitting 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
The Wrexham Owners on 23:14 - Jan 29 with 2153 viewsDr_Winston

The Wrexham Owners on 23:06 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

Championship struggle?

Stop it, my sides are splitting 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fifteenth last year. Where do you think we'll finish this year?

Thought you better than that. Might have to reassess.

The Wrexham Owners on 23:42 - Jan 29 with 2131 viewsFireboy2

The Wrexham Owners on 23:14 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

You mentioned the word struggle.

Wigan, Huddersfield and Cardiff are struggling, we are nowhere near these teams.

I think its you that needs to reassess 😉
The Wrexham Owners on 05:36 - Jan 30 with 2056 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield United didn’t sell their full allocation, and there were gaps for segregation.
Wrexham have sold out for the next 4 home games and always sell their allocation for away games.
A club on the up with a feel good factor.
That will continue whilst they are doing well, but will level out at some point.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Wrexham Owners on 06:58 - Jan 30 with 2012 viewsDr_Winston

The Wrexham Owners on 23:42 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

You mentioned the word struggle.

Wigan, Huddersfield and Cardiff are struggling, we are nowhere near these teams.

I think its you that needs to reassess 😉

Two wins in how many games? Aye, going great guns we are.

The Wrexham Owners on 07:37 - Jan 30 with 1981 viewsFireboy2

The Wrexham Owners on 06:58 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

Not struggling though, agree?
The Wrexham Owners on 09:25 - Jan 30 with 1941 viewsBadlands

Wrexham crowd singing Hymns and Arias last night will be using another Swansea comment after a few set back, "Yanks out'.
(I have to say it’s quite distressing that so much praise is being heaped on the owners of a side in the 5th tier and so much bile against those in the second! I also don’t get the love ins for Wrexham and Newport football.)
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 9:29]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Wrexham Owners on 09:53 - Jan 30 with 1886 views1462jack

The Wrexham Owners on 23:14 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

You answer to your own whistle as well then
The Wrexham Owners on 10:14 - Jan 30 with 1861 viewsonehunglow

The Wrexham Owners on 06:58 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

Struggling teams mainly are theses no struggle to win.
You are spot on.
It’s not important to some though.

The Wrexham Owners on 10:16 - Jan 30 with 1856 viewsonehunglow

The Wrexham Owners on 09:25 - Jan 30 by Badlands

Wrexham crowd singing Hymns and Arias last night will be using another Swansea comment after a few set back, "Yanks out'.
(I have to say it’s quite distressing that so much praise is being heaped on the owners of a side in the 5th tier and so much bile against those in the second! I also don’t get the love ins for Wrexham and Newport football.)

Well,when I I’ve slaggedvoff anything Welsh,I’ve not been short of those wanting to chide me .

I thought us Welsh stuck together

The Wrexham Owners on 10:20 - Jan 30 with 1854 viewsraynor94

The Wrexham Owners on 09:25 - Jan 30 by Badlands

Couldn't agree more, baffling

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024