Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Never-ending Story 11:11 - Feb 19 with 734 viewssj_jack

My concern for a while with the style RM wants to play coupled with the squad and owners we've got is we'll never have a squad which is strong enough or adaptive enough or experienced enough for this style to be successful at Swansea.

He has a determination in his beliefs - which is admirable, but it feels we're in a stalemate situation, going nowhere.

Repeating the same match scenario's offensively and defensively shouldn't be acceptable - by the players or the manager, but it keeps on happening, so who is going change to solve it ? Its a collective responsibility, but crucially means some sort of change - which isn't happening from the manager perspective or player performance.

The squad is what it is....yes we should have strengthened, but we didn't / couldn't in Jan, yet Patterson is our player who has an attitude, and ultimately we've not moved him on, yet not looking to bring him back in to help the squad up. That's down to RM and JP to sort out. How would it look like to draw a line, tell him there's 3 months left for JP to get back out there with the squad, if he deserves his turn, then he can impact what happens next to him.

Can't understand why Whittaker doesn't get more time on the pitch.....again, this seems like a RM stance all over it. The kid came back having scored goals, and we've managed to drain any confidence out of him.

The owenship doesn't seem to be changing, and I wonder how far RM philosophy can really take him. Unless he adapts, then I suspect he'll be a manager that talks a great game, picks out a few beauty stats such as possession and squad age, but progression ?

What happens next is probably nothing, but christ it's frustrating.
The Never-ending Story on 14:35 - Feb 19 with 655 viewsFireboy2

Well put and exactly what's going on and what to expect and that why I'm chilled over the situation, whatever happens to the ownership and manager i will support the swans no matter which league we are in.
The Never-ending Story on 15:17 - Feb 19 with 626 viewsbuilthjack

Good post from sj, and agree with you. True supporters will follow us forever.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024