Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Twitterspace 09:44 - Feb 23 with 3076 views442Dale

I think that’s what it’s called! There was a ‘group meeting/podcast’ type thing on Twitter last night which looked to have been set up by the ‘AllDaleArentWe’ people who have done a podcast in the past.

There were a lot of Dale fans on when I joined, all discussing where we are. What stood out was how rational the concern is. This is not a supporter base that is being angry and acting without thought, it’s one that is desperate for something to change. Desperate for knowledge of our direction as a club. There’s also a tangible feeling that there’s a disconnect which could see us start to lose people. That would be unforgivable.

Anyone who was listening who is connected with the club should not only be very proud of our fans, but be prepared to do more for them.

Thanks to all involved.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Twitterspace on 09:55 - Feb 23 with 3032 viewsfitzochris

It was also very concerning that the majority of those participating are young (well, compared to me) and therefore this club's future.

In a town that is already apathetic to this football club, we simply cannot afford to lose those supporters we have already hooked.

Listening last night, we run a real risk of doing just that.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dale Twitterspace on 10:16 - Feb 23 with 2971 viewsoddjob007

I only saw it late and joined for the last few minutes.

Noticed Adam Rundle was on it, what was his view?
Dale Twitterspace on 10:27 - Feb 23 with 2932 viewsfitzochris

Dale Twitterspace on 10:16 - Feb 23 by oddjob007

That the manager is out of his depth.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dale Twitterspace on 10:41 - Feb 23 with 2880 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Dale Twitterspace on 09:55 - Feb 23 by fitzochris

It was also very concerning that the majority of those participating are young (well, compared to me) and therefore this club's future.

In a town that is already apathetic to this football club, we simply cannot afford to lose those supporters we have already hooked.

Listening last night, we run a real risk of doing just that.

Sorry meant to mark up. Why on earth can we not withdraw a mark up or down?
Anyway well said Chris and 442.

Managed to negate the mark down with a mark up.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 10:43]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Dale Twitterspace on 11:12 - Feb 23 with 2753 viewsfourfourtwo

Is there anyway to listen back to this? Spotify? YouTube?
Dale Twitterspace on 11:18 - Feb 23 with 2732 viewsKnavesmireBob

Thanks for sharing that 442. Been thinking about this a lot the last few weeks. There's been a few mentions about fanbase division recently but given everything that's come our way the last couple of years I actually think we're handling this impending denouement with a remarkable sense of unity and class. At least on here anyway, I can only speak for that. And the net effect is I probably feel more connected to whatever it is that makes me 'Rochdale til I die' than I ever have before.

You find out the true measure of yourself in times like these, not in prosperity. I think our Rochdale values are standing up well amongst the fanbase and karma will one day repay us again just like it did a decade or so ago. I reckon those young fans will stay the course, they're just etching their Rochdale resilience into their hearts with moments like these and if we look back on that broadcast in 20-30 years time I wouldn't be surprised if there's a future Kilpatrick or Morris amongst them. Let's hope.
Dale Twitterspace on 11:35 - Feb 23 with 2688 viewsCedar_Room

Dale Twitterspace on 10:16 - Feb 23 by oddjob007

Rundle talked about his reservations when the appointment of Bentley was announced given his knowledge of working with the guy. He believes he’s not the sort who is able to put his arm around a player and inspire them to be their best, which is exactly what is needed when confidence is so low. He said it’s the sort of thing Hilly was great at. Was really interesting to get the perspective of an ex player would love to see him and/or others for future Spaces. All in all I thought it was really interesting so well done to the guys who have organised it who seem keen to do them more regularly.
Dale Twitterspace on 11:42 - Feb 23 with 2672 viewsKnavesmireBob

Dale Twitterspace on 11:35 - Feb 23 by Cedar_Room

Rundle talked about his reservations when the appointment of Bentley was announced given his knowledge of working with the guy. He believes he’s not the sort who is able to put his arm around a player and inspire them to be their best, which is exactly what is needed when confidence is so low. He said it’s the sort of thing Hilly was great at. Was really interesting to get the perspective of an ex player would love to see him and/or others for future Spaces. All in all I thought it was really interesting so well done to the guys who have organised it who seem keen to do them more regularly.

That's really good insight and precisely the kind of intelligence gathering you'd hope will form part of the recruitment process whenever they start looking for our next manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Dale Twitterspace on 12:19 - Feb 23 with 2561 views442Dale

Dale Twitterspace on 11:18 - Feb 23 by KnavesmireBob

Thanks for sharing that 442. Been thinking about this a lot the last few weeks. There's been a few mentions about fanbase division recently but given everything that's come our way the last couple of years I actually think we're handling this impending denouement with a remarkable sense of unity and class. At least on here anyway, I can only speak for that. And the net effect is I probably feel more connected to whatever it is that makes me 'Rochdale til I die' than I ever have before.

You find out the true measure of yourself in times like these, not in prosperity. I think our Rochdale values are standing up well amongst the fanbase and karma will one day repay us again just like it did a decade or so ago. I reckon those young fans will stay the course, they're just etching their Rochdale resilience into their hearts with moments like these and if we look back on that broadcast in 20-30 years time I wouldn't be surprised if there's a future Kilpatrick or Morris amongst them. Let's hope.

Excellent post.

Some shouldn’t be taking this level of resilience and unity for granted.

There will always be outliers, but in general fans are being more than fair with their assessments and expectations.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Twitterspace on 16:55 - Feb 23 with 2181 viewsDaleiLama

Is there an individual or group to follow for notifications of a follow-up event anyone who tuned in?

Thanks in advance

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale Twitterspace on 10:06 - Feb 24 with 1809 viewsAtThePeake

Dale Twitterspace on 16:55 - Feb 23 by DaleiLama

Is there an individual or group to follow for notifications of a follow-up event anyone who tuned in?

Thanks in advance

https://twitter.com/alldalearentwe

Tangled up in blue.

Dale Twitterspace on 15:11 - Feb 24 with 1637 viewsDanDale90

Thought it was an excellent forum, well hosted and was insightful !
Hopefully we can get it going weekly in the absence of the podcast (which I am always hoping makes a comeback!)
Dale Twitterspace on 15:28 - Feb 24 with 1606 viewsjudd

Dale Twitterspace on 15:11 - Feb 24 by DanDale90

Thought it was an excellent forum, well hosted and was insightful !
Hopefully we can get it going weekly in the absence of the podcast (which I am always hoping makes a comeback!)

Sweet Jesus, please be careful what you hope for.

Sheesh.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024