Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Temple Bar Dublin 21:17 - Feb 24 with 3369 viewsmax936

My butty is out there and has messaged saying that a pint of Black Gold, Guinness to the uneducated is around 18 euro

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Temple Bar Dublin on 19:42 - Feb 26 with 655 viewsDr_Winston

Never been to Dublin. Cork was a sh*thole.

Been to the South West twice. Dingle is a lovely place. As is Baltimore on the South Coast.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Temple Bar Dublin on 20:44 - Feb 26 with 624 viewsmax936

Temple Bar Dublin on 19:42 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

Been to the South West twice. Dingle is a lovely place. As is Baltimore on the South Coast.

Wexford is very nice and the Bass Fishing even better, ain't been back though

Temple Bar Dublin on 20:50 - Feb 26 with 621 viewsmax936

Temple Bar Dublin on 18:49 - Feb 26 by magicdaps10

Give Dublin a wide berth......its a cack hole!

Head west and go to Galway and if you like the outdoors/scenery then head up north to Donegal Town...both are cheaper than the tourist trap of Dublin.

Its hard to avoid Dublin if you're going to watch the Rugby or going for an occasion.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 9:35]

Temple Bar Dublin on 21:02 - Feb 26 with 617 viewspencoedjack

Temple Bar Dublin on 19:09 - Feb 25 by max936

If I bought my Mrs a glass of woodpecker I'd be wearing it
That was my Beer, her drinks are expensive everywhere we go, I'm used to that, but I paid 17quid for two drinks in the Alchemist for a beer and a cocktail.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 19:12]

It’s a nice place though (the Alchemist) they are worth spoiling occasionally

Highly recommend the potted pig in Cardiff 👍 but it’s bloody expensive

No intention of going to Dublin again thought it was overrated.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 21:04]
Temple Bar Dublin on 09:30 - Feb 27 with 550 viewsjohnlangy

It all depends on where you go even in an area like Temple Bar.

This is about food, not drink but directly across the lane from the Temple Bar pub (literally twenty feet away) is a restaurant called The Shack. We had a meal there in November which cost us (myself and my wife) 12/15 euros each. I had fish and chips which sounds boring on the face of it. I told the waitress afterwards that I couldn't remember having better fish. Anywhere.
Temple Bar Dublin on 09:41 - Feb 27 with 548 viewsmax936

Temple Bar Dublin on 09:30 - Feb 27 by johnlangy

It all depends on where you go even in an area like Temple Bar.

This is about food, not drink but directly across the lane from the Temple Bar pub (literally twenty feet away) is a restaurant called The Shack. We had a meal there in November which cost us (myself and my wife) 12/15 euros each. I had fish and chips which sounds boring on the face of it. I told the waitress afterwards that I couldn't remember having better fish. Anywhere.

Dublin is a fine City, its a far cry from being a shithole, didn't spend a great deal of time there, but did enough walking to see a lot of its beauty as we were staying outside of town, the park at the top end of town is very pleasant and there is a lot of very nice architecture to view, liked the town itself as well, its expensive, but most cities are.

Temple Bar Dublin on 22:05 - Feb 28 with 447 viewsSTID2017

Temple Bar Dublin on 19:42 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

Should have gone to Kinsale nearby to Cork. Twinned with Mumbles and the same lovely feeling.
Dublin is great though. More to it than Temple Bar

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Temple Bar Dublin on 22:09 - Feb 28 with 445 viewsSTID2017

Temple Bar Dublin on 09:41 - Feb 27 by max936

Dublin is a fine City, its a far cry from being a shithole, didn't spend a great deal of time there, but did enough walking to see a lot of its beauty as we were staying outside of town, the park at the top end of town is very pleasant and there is a lot of very nice architecture to view, liked the town itself as well, its expensive, but most cities are.

St Stephen's Green ?
Also got Pheonix Park, the jail, the university with the Book of Kells, plus the best Guinness in the world.
So much more than Temple Bar

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024