Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh bands you may never have heard of 22:17 - Apr 27 with 845 viewsKeithHaynes

Skindred - MASSIVE

What’s yours ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 10:27 - Apr 28 with 742 viewsonehunglow

Thanks Guv.
I’ve just seen my ears bleed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 11:12 - Apr 28 with 735 viewsmax936

Dear god, my ears are bleeding

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 11:13 - Apr 28 with 734 viewsmax936

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 10:27 - Apr 28 by onehunglow

Thanks Guv.
I’ve just seen my ears bleed

I should have read this post before posting mine

Anyway, its back to OFAH for me
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:26]

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 11:20 - Apr 28 with 717 viewsonehunglow

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 11:13 - Apr 28 by max936

Kindred spirits
I'm going to play some Bach today

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 11:23 - Apr 28 with 715 viewsonehunglow

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 11:13 - Apr 28 by max936

Hard to believe a quiet introspective and deeply reflective individual as Keith could front a bunch of chaps playing at tinnitus inducing level
There again, I was massively into ELP

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 12:08 - Apr 28 with 701 viewsmax936

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 11:23 - Apr 28 by onehunglow

Hard to believe a quiet introspective and deeply reflective individual as Keith could front a bunch of chaps playing at tinnitus inducing level
There again, I was massively into ELP

Just listened to Rachael and Tony who can't pronounce his R's singing songs with R in them
Classic OFAH's

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 12:10 - Apr 28 with 699 viewsTogg

Not sure if they are Welsh but have a Welsh name. It's not bad actually but goes on a bit!
Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 14:13 - Apr 28 with 672 viewsonehunglow

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 12:08 - Apr 28 by max936

Just listened to Rachael and Tony who can't pronounce his R's singing songs with R in them
Classic OFAH's

They weren’t in ELP mun

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 14:47 - Apr 28 with 664 viewsWingstandwood

"Pseudo Sadists" now there is a name that I will never forget after seeing it on the back of a punk rockers studded leather jacket, he was one of the gang that used to regularly frequent Virgin Records and Swansea city centre on Saturdays in the late 1970's and early 1980's. Second home to punks it was!

Now the punk ethos for many was that a song had to be short and sweet, and had to have no self indulgent prog-rock exhibitionist content....songs lasting 1-2 minutes were prefferable....And no instrumetal solo's over 20 seconds.

This catchy number has no signs of Rick Wakeman being employed as a session musician? And even if so? He is being rather inconspicuous if he was.

"

Argus!

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 16:32 - Apr 28 with 612 viewsTogg

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 14:47 - Apr 28 by Wingstandwood

"Pseudo Sadists" now there is a name that I will never forget after seeing it on the back of a punk rockers studded leather jacket, he was one of the gang that used to regularly frequent Virgin Records and Swansea city centre on Saturdays in the late 1970's and early 1980's. Second home to punks it was!

Now the punk ethos for many was that a song had to be short and sweet, and had to have no self indulgent prog-rock exhibitionist content....songs lasting 1-2 minutes were prefferable....And no instrumetal solo's over 20 seconds.

This catchy number has no signs of Rick Wakeman being employed as a session musician? And even if so? He is being rather inconspicuous if he was.

"

I knew quite a few of them!
Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 16:39 - Apr 28 with 606 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 17:01 - Apr 28 with 594 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 16:32 - Apr 28 by Togg

I knew quite a few of them!

I was curious by the bands rather 'unconventional' name, so much so when I got home I had to look up in a dictonary what “pseudo” actually meant, because as a teenager I had never ever seen the word before, let alone know what it meant.

And the Swansea city centre ‘punks’ were every much a part of the scenary of a Saturday shopping visit to Swansea as looking in the poster rack, sci-fi and horror books in John Menzies....Along with the out of pocket money range gear in John Ham’s and Picton Music….LP's and singles in Virgin Records and HMV shop....And The Vetch Field floodlights.

Argus!

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 17:48 - Apr 28 with 578 viewsTogg

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 17:01 - Apr 28 by Wingstandwood

I was curious by the bands rather 'unconventional' name, so much so when I got home I had to look up in a dictonary what “pseudo” actually meant, because as a teenager I had never ever seen the word before, let alone know what it meant.

And the Swansea city centre ‘punks’ were every much a part of the scenary of a Saturday shopping visit to Swansea as looking in the poster rack, sci-fi and horror books in John Menzies....Along with the out of pocket money range gear in John Ham’s and Picton Music….LP's and singles in Virgin Records and HMV shop....And The Vetch Field floodlights.

You're a man after my heart..Swansea had a great vibe in those days. I was a little bit of a music horror/Sci Fi nerd but also played Rugby and football so could get away with it.
Remember seeing great bands mid 70's Stranglers, Buzzcocks Ian Dury etc but still loved music by Joni Mitchell, Dylan , Zappa etc.
Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 18:25 - Apr 28 with 556 viewsonehunglow

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 17:48 - Apr 28 by Togg

You're a man after my heart..Swansea had a great vibe in those days. I was a little bit of a music horror/Sci Fi nerd but also played Rugby and football so could get away with it.
Remember seeing great bands mid 70's Stranglers, Buzzcocks Ian Dury etc but still loved music by Joni Mitchell, Dylan , Zappa etc.

You been a bit quiet of late
All well?

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 09:14 - Apr 29 with 478 viewsTogg

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 18:25 - Apr 28 by onehunglow

You been a bit quiet of late
All well?

There are far more erudite posters than myself who I agree with, so I tend to let them get on with it. However from time to time I will comment.
Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 09:44 - Apr 29 with 470 viewsonehunglow

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 09:14 - Apr 29 by Togg

There are far more erudite posters than myself who I agree with, so I tend to let them get on with it. However from time to time I will comment.

How long have you been in the Diplomatic Service ?

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 10:07 - Apr 29 with 470 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 12:10 - Apr 28 by Togg

Not sure if they are Welsh but have a Welsh name. It's not bad actually but goes on a bit!

I remember Blodwyn Pig and saw them around 1970 ish. They weren't Welsh despite the name.

Welsh bands that I recall seeing in the early 70s included Budgie and Sassafras.
Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 13:15 - Apr 29 with 440 viewsKeithHaynes

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 14:47 - Apr 28 by Wingstandwood

"

There’s a piece of Swansea punk history !
Used to hang around with them way back.

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 13:32 - Apr 29 with 435 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 12:10 - Apr 28 by Togg

Watched them many, many moons ago, when they were on the same bill as Fleetwood Mac and Jethro Tull.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 14:54 - Apr 29 with 424 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 13:15 - Apr 29 by KeithHaynes

There’s a piece of Swansea punk history !
Used to hang around with them way back.

Swansea sure did have a punk 'scene', and a lot of it seemed to be based around Virgin Records. The thing that surprised me was how the shop shut all of a sudden without any explaination or inkling of its closure at the time. It was there one moment and gone the next.

Argus!

Welsh bands you may never have heard of on 23:38 - May 3 with 226 viewsKeithHaynes

Shrapnel.

Port Talbot.

Became huge after they disbanded.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024