Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Experienced head required urgently or we're down for sure 21:01 - Oct 29 with 1774 viewsPhil

I was dead against the idea of a "Director of Football" to work alongside Steve Eyre because I thought it would just undermine him completely. I've now changed my mind and would say that it couldn't possibly get any worse. If there is an experienced head out there who could come in on a short term deal, even on a salary of 10/15 grand a month it would be worth it just to sort out the problems we've got tactically.

If Eyre is really on a three year deal then we have to try everything we can to make him into a manager because we can't afford to pay him off. Unfortunately, at the moment, he is massively out of his depth.

I'm sure that Eyre's reputation as an excellent coach can't be wrong, and if he can learn the management ropes then he could still be a good asset to the club. However if we don't get someone in to help him then he will take us down at least one division while we're waiting for him to learn the art of management.

Some experienced names available, there are countless others :

Glenn Roeder
Joe Kinnear
Peter Reid
Sten Ternent

Earlier (wiser) posters than me who suggested this already pointed to the success of this system at MK Dons.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024