Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! 20:19 - Jan 21 with 9557 viewsR17ALE

Abject. Absolutely awful.

This was up there with the performance at Bradford, and indeed any horror show I've witnessed in nearly 30 years of watching.

The players look like they don't want to play for anyone (not even themselves) and the simple things are being done so badly it is hard to watch. Watching players who you know are good enough to compete at this level misplace simple 5 yard passes is very painful.

Wycombe were also poor and also look doomed. For short spells we looked comfortable, and enjoyed reasonable possession but all of this came to precisely nothing - no chances, no shots, nothing.

And you just knew we'd gift them something because we gift every team something. This time it was the keeper's turn to play Father Christmas when he stayed rooted to his line when Kevin was holding off a Wycombe attacker to allow the ball to reach the keeper. It should have been a simple "take" but the Wycombe player managed to escape the clutches of Kevin and hooked the loose ball into the net.

Game over.

Second half saw us enjoy occasional forays into the Wycombe half but each and every time they came to nothing with misplaced passes causing any momentum to be lost.

I'd describe our play as Snakes and Ladders football. Just when we get to a decent part of play we land on a snake and disappear down to the bottom of the board.

Pre-match talk was awash with all manner of rumours. Here are the 4 that stick out.

1. Adams is off this week after the club have accepted an offer. Possibly from bury.
2. Widdowson refused to travel down with the team.
3. Tutte has been busy feeding this messageboard inside info, and being generally disruptive towards the Beech regime.
4. Coleman is coming in on Monday with both ourselves and Accy agreeing compo of £70,000.

I stress these are rumours coming into the away stand via various sources and to be fair they provided much more entertainment than anything we saw on the pitch.

Meanwhile, down at the other end in the second half, we were busy gifting Wycombe more goals. Their second was from a routine high ball into the box. A Wycombe player, virtually unchallenged, headed the ball to a colleague who was allowed time and space to turn and finish well.

And a bit later they scrambled a 3rd when yet more hesitant defending cost us.

Coming back we chatted about our worsening plight. We all felt that though Eyre has been replaced, nothing has really changed in terms of performances and results. It is clear there is dressing room unrest and upset. This is not a team, it's a collection of players thrown together in a last throw of the dice. There is no passion and nobody wanting to take responsibility to have a shot for example.

Not doing ratings as collectively they wouldn't hit double figures.

Someone mentioned, whilst walking away before the final whistle, that we're going down with a whimper. We're not. It's much worse than that after what I saw today. I'd gladly take going down with a whimper now as that would be a distinct improvement on the absolute shambles we've witnessed today and at home to Stevenage last Saturday.

Another wasted day and £50. I won't be bothering going to Charlton as it will most likely be a massacre and £60 down the drain.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:22 - Jan 21 with 5035 views442Dale

Adams posted on twitter about hearing that Widdowson would be coming to watch. Bizarre.

He also recently denied any knowledge of a potential move.

On Tutte- Ian Cheeseman said on commentary that he'd been speaking to him prior to the game.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:26 - Jan 21 with 5003 viewsSaxonDale

Christ almight! After realising I had accidentally put you on ignore (Much apologies Razz!) I welcome you back to this! Might have to put you on ignore till we get bloody Coleman in! Thanks for the report, a good read as always, even if it has depressed me.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:26 - Jan 21 with 5005 viewsroccydaleian

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:22 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

Adams posted on twitter about hearing that Widdowson would be coming to watch. Bizarre.

He also recently denied any knowledge of a potential move.

On Tutte- Ian Cheeseman said on commentary that he'd been speaking to him prior to the game.

Is Tutte Daleyoungguun?
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:28 - Jan 21 with 4976 viewsSaxonDale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:26 - Jan 21 by roccydaleian

Is Tutte Daleyoungguun?

I hope it's MattDalemon-No 20 something year old's grammar can be as bad as Daleyounggun's! Footballer or not!

I passed my 11 plus you know! EGG ON FACE EDIT!
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:30 - Jan 21 with 4948 views49thseason

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:28 - Jan 21 by SaxonDale

I hope it's MattDalemon-No 20 something year old's grammar can be as bad as Daleyounggun's! Footballer or not!

That would be grammar
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:33 - Jan 21 with 4926 viewsFrog

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:30 - Jan 21 by 49thseason

That would be grammar

and old's
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:36 - Jan 21 with 4883 viewsSaxonDale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:37 - Jan 21 with 4874 viewsdalenumber2

Nicky Adams has just tweeted
"Allot of people asking me about transfer rumours. I'm in the dark"

And no Daleyoungguns can't be Andrew Tutte - if you read Tutte's tweets they are, let's say, a different style of English.
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:40 - Jan 21 with 4849 viewsSaxonDale

Daleyounggun can't be Tutte as he specifically talked about Hill's training methods at the start of his regime, when Tutte wasn't there. I was thinking the other day who MattDaleMon could be connected to and I honestly couldn't think who- a player however could be a good shout.

*Double checks post for grammatical errors ;)
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:43 - Jan 21 with 4821 views49thseason

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:37 - Jan 21 by dalenumber2

And no Daleyoungguns can't be Andrew Tutte - if you read Tutte's tweets they are, let's say, a different style of English.

By "in the dark" do you think he means a darkened room - like so many fans right now?
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:46 - Jan 21 with 4796 viewsolympicdale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:37 - Jan 21 by dalenumber2

you mean actual english.

Life is a game of fate.

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:46 - Jan 21 with 4793 viewsroccydaleian

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:28 - Jan 21 by SaxonDale

It might be a misleading disguise
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:47 - Jan 21 with 4783 viewsjustanillusion

Geez...never have i wanted a season to end as quickly as this one

how many Dale fans in attendance R17 ?
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:50 - Jan 21 with 4758 views49thseason

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:47 - Jan 21 by justanillusion

At least 11 spectators on the pitch apparently (for 90 minutes)
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:53 - Jan 21 with 4728 viewsR17ALE

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:47 - Jan 21 by justanillusion

Couple of hundred I'd say.

All shell shocked by 4.45pm!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:56 - Jan 21 with 4691 viewsleedsdale

That was as bad as anything I have ever witnessed.

No passion, leadership, , care, pride, spirit. You name it, we haven't got it.

I could talk about why we still have forwards playing in wide positions, or why we still persist with formations that don't work, but its clear that Beech is not the man to take us forward. Hopefully Coleman can be the man to do that.

Tutte, Widdowson, Adams (if he is still here) and Grimes have to start next time out.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:57 - Jan 21 with 4678 viewschuckleberry

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:53 - Jan 21 by R17ALE

Couple of hundred I'd say.

All shell shocked by 4.45pm!

Or 4:35pm in your case :)
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 21:06 - Jan 21 with 4630 viewsmr_fri_night

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:26 - Jan 21 by roccydaleian

Is Tutte Daleyoungguun?

We were made aware of this rumour before kick-off. Andrew was sat in front of me at the game. I, whilst doing commentary, was sat clicking refresh on this site on a post started by this user. Andrew didn't have his phone in his hand whilst posts were appearing.

Just wanted to make that point clear before any allegations are pointed towards Andrew that are unfair.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 21:07 - Jan 21 with 4609 viewsDalenet

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 21:06 - Jan 21 by mr_fri_night

We were made aware of this rumour before kick-off. Andrew was sat in front of me at the game. I, whilst doing commentary, was sat clicking refresh on this site on a post started by this user. Andrew didn't have his phone in his hand whilst posts were appearing.

Just wanted to make that point clear before any allegations are pointed towards Andrew that are unfair.

So how is Andrew feeling? He must be fuming
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 21:22 - Jan 21 with 4531 viewsroccydaleian

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 21:06 - Jan 21 by mr_fri_night

To be honest with you MFN, my post was in jest. I didn't realise it would be taken so seriously. Their is no way would i think it was Tutte.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 22:09 - Jan 21 with 4346 viewsChaffRAFC

Cheers for the report Razz, just read every word and now my two new friends, messrs Whyte & Mackay have come out of my cupboard.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 22:17 - Jan 21 with 4297 views442Dale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 22:09 - Jan 21 by ChaffRAFC

Cheers for the report Razz, just read every word and now my two new friends, messrs Whyte & Mackay have come out of my cupboard.

Have you any more of the Spurs Double winning side dotted about the house?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 22:30 - Jan 21 with 4244 viewsChaffRAFC

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 22:17 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

Have you any more of the Spurs Double winning side dotted about the house?

Nope, these two are enough!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 22:33 - Jan 21 with 4227 viewsDoris

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 22:09 - Jan 21 by ChaffRAFC

For only the second time in 25 years watching football i walked out and went back to the pub before the final whistle at 77 mins , the last time was about 3 years ago at Bournemouth away . This was not a football game , this was 22/24 football players running around a green field attempting to play football ,most of them failed in the 77 mins i watched ,this was disgusting and one episode i will not repeat in the near future .
I dont care what excuse they have to not playing well because i couldnt find one player who deserved his wages today and i am being kind in my summation .
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 23:35 - Jan 21 with 4085 viewsDoolan_Is_God

Couldn't make it this weekend due to work and the tweets I read from the game made me pretty happy about that!

Don't know what we need, but we definitely need something. Hopefully the fans can stay positive and behind the team and the club while this tricky period is navigated.

Thanks (as always) to Razz for the match report although I bet there are several Daleys who are glad there won't be a JGB thread from The Valley!

First time this season I've really felt resigned to the drop, but there are other clubs struggling as well and I think perhaps two new players (probably more loan signings) and some inspiration in the dressing room and we could be set up for the Great Escape.

I respect CB, he's a nice bloke and has done wonders for our youth setup. I hope that he stays with the club in some capacity and maybe gets another crack at the first-team in the future, but I don't think he's the man for this desperate dogfight.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024