Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard Work 21:48 - Jun 19 with 2487 viewsrongould

No not England. Us sitting at home watching.
Is that what we are to expect from Roy's team?
I know that a win is a win, and winning is what it is about, but I don't think I can keep sitting through those tactics.
Hard Work on 17:21 - Jun 20 with 516 viewsrongould

Hard Work on 16:38 - Jun 20 by DylanP

England were very hard to watch last night. Nobody disagrees. But remember how Greece won this tournament? and remember Italy playing the same kind of football all the way to lifting the silverware? It isn't beautiful, but I have been on the planet 46 years and in all that time we haven't lifted a single piece of silverware. Getting to the quarters is beyond everyone's expectations. Not mine though. If I know anything it is that a disciplined hard-working team with good tactics can and often do win out over more skillful, flair, passing teams. It'll take some luck and some bad calls going our way, but that is true of all champions. Over the years, how many times have Germany, Argentina, or Italy scrapped through and then gone on to win it all?

Also, did you watch the game between Spain and Croatia? For all their skill and flair, Spain were almost unbearable to watch. Their inane passing for the sake of passing -- 15 passes before the halfway line -- made me want to poke out my own eyes with a fork!

Spot on Dylan.

I never said that I didn't want England to win, I just said that it was hard to watch.
Roy seems to send his teams out to draw 0-0 and maybe grab a winner.

It is very hard to watch two lines of four across the back and very little forward motion.

Yes Spain are as bad.

For all of last night's game it was edge of seat, nail biting stuff.

We were lucky and I am glad of that luck.

To win tournaments you need to be disciplined and lucky. We were nearly disciplined and very lucky last night.
Too many of our passes went to blue rather than white shirts, so Roy needs to work on our accuracy.

All I meant in my original post was that it was a very difficult 90 minutes for a fan.

I mean, come on own up which of you were absolutely certain that we were going to win until the last minute of injury time?

It was hard to watch, because it was too bloody scary. That's all
Hard Work on 00:16 - Jun 21 with 470 viewsBazWoT

Hard Work on 16:38 - Jun 20 by DylanP

England were very hard to watch last night. Nobody disagrees. But remember how Greece won this tournament? and remember Italy playing the same kind of football all the way to lifting the silverware? It isn't beautiful, but I have been on the planet 46 years and in all that time we haven't lifted a single piece of silverware. Getting to the quarters is beyond everyone's expectations. Not mine though. If I know anything it is that a disciplined hard-working team with good tactics can and often do win out over more skillful, flair, passing teams. It'll take some luck and some bad calls going our way, but that is true of all champions. Over the years, how many times have Germany, Argentina, or Italy scrapped through and then gone on to win it all?

Also, did you watch the game between Spain and Croatia? For all their skill and flair, Spain were almost unbearable to watch. Their inane passing for the sake of passing -- 15 passes before the halfway line -- made me want to poke out my own eyes with a fork!

"made me want to poke out my own eyes with a fork!"

Love it.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Hard Work on 00:42 - Jun 21 with 464 viewsJuzzie

It's trophies, not silverware! Another "ismn" made up by the media like "Golden Generation", "It's a results business" and so on. Otherwise, agree!

Hard Work on 23:43 - Jun 24 with 429 viewsCamdenR

Hard Work on 00:42 - Jun 21 by Juzzie

It's trophies, not silverware! Another "ismn" made up by the media like "Golden Generation", "It's a results business" and so on. Otherwise, agree!

i kind of feel vindicated. we were shit and didn't deserve to get past the quarters but still nice to not have the pressure.

anyway, i for one cannot wait until august 18 (although i have to work, still work paid for the season ticket so shouldn't complain).

hope everyone had a drink for macca tonight like i did and can get over england being crap (or not) and look forward to Rangers being more than compenant (although this is rangers we are talking about) in the prem next season.

fingers crossed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024