Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final Third 18:00 - Sep 23 with 938 viewsGloucs_R

Thats the only thing letting us down at the moment. No doubt in my mind the win will come soon.

Class midfield, back 4 getting better, keeper looks class.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Final Third on 18:03 - Sep 23 with 905 viewsWeaverQPR

We look a v decent team but need to take them chances. Sucker punch.

@WeavQPR

Final Third on 18:04 - Sep 23 with 895 viewsQPR_26

As soon as Zamora came off we lost our presence up front. Cisse should have been playing up top with him.
Final Third on 18:05 - Sep 23 with 884 viewsWeaverQPR

Cisse looks terrible.

@WeavQPR

Final Third on 18:05 - Sep 23 with 884 viewskensalriser

Cisse looks rusty.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Final Third on 18:05 - Sep 23 with 881 viewsNov77

Exactly, mackie came on for last 13 minutes and touched the ball twice, once when he was offside and once when he gave away a foul.

Never looked like scoring after Zamora went off.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Final Third on 18:06 - Sep 23 with 867 viewseghamranger

Had so many backs four too. its just a matter of time. We were great today, they got a goal more, been knackered by injurys.it will come.
Final Third on 18:10 - Sep 23 with 835 viewsWeaverQPR

WHU wont live with a performance like that.

@WeavQPR

Final Third on 18:11 - Sep 23 with 826 viewsNov77

1st half no, 2nd half yes.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Final Third on 18:51 - Sep 23 with 741 viewsFDC

Final Third on 18:04 - Sep 23 by QPR_26

As soon as Zamora came off we lost our presence up front. Cisse should have been playing up top with him.

I thought the same - would maybe have brought Cisse on, but as a partner to Bobby not as a replacement.

I've been really impressed with Zamora so far this season, never really rated him before but he looks excellent, especially in the Helgusson v 2.0 role
Final Third on 18:54 - Sep 23 with 728 viewsRangersAreBack

Final Third on 18:04 - Sep 23 by QPR_26

Given that we were chasing the game I was also surprised to see him come off. He'd created a very presentable chance for Hoilett only moments early. If only Hoilett was quicker on the up take.
Final Third on 18:57 - Sep 23 with 719 viewsFDC

Final Third on 18:54 - Sep 23 by RangersAreBack

Given that we were chasing the game I was also surprised to see him come off. He'd created a very presentable chance for Hoilett only moments early. If only Hoilett was quicker on the up take.

That was actually very poor from Hoilett who otherwise had a great game, especially first half.
Final Third on 20:18 - Sep 23 with 622 viewsMattnme

One thing to remember is the opposition we've played. Citeh, scum and spuds don't tend to concede lots of goals against the lower teams so our return hasn't been that bad.
Also apart from injuries which could have made a difference i actually think we are victimns of the way we are set up. Last week for example although we played well our more dangerous liable to score players were on the bench, Hoillet, Cisse, Taarabt.
If we weren't creating chances i would be worried but we are. We've had a tough run of games and it's only really the swanselona game where we might've expected things to be different. It's just unfortunate that one came at the wrong time.
As the season progresses I don't think we are the sort of side that will thrash teams out of sight but we will win games and be hard to beat which means we'll nick more than enough draws as well.
Final Third on 07:36 - Sep 24 with 517 viewsMelakaRanger

What has happened to Cisse?

Last season he was a goal machine (when not banned) - he was often dangerous and you were always sure that somehow he would find a goal. Now he is not a regular starter, not dangerous and not scoring!?
Final Third on 07:51 - Sep 24 with 503 viewsNeil_SI

We created more chances in this match than we have done in a while — we just didn't take them. But I was pleased with the majority of our deliveries from set plays, Esteban Granero has really added that bit of quality we need from corners.

But once Spurs switched to 4-4-2 and evened the systems out, we struggled to create as much as we did in the first half, which is pretty normal, as we had to worry about their pace down the wides too.

This was a pleasing and encouraging performance. It's all about creating those chances, which we've struggled with so far this season, but there was plenty to like here and Junior Hoilett was constantly asking questions of the Spurs defenders from where he operated in the hole. This system has worked well for an away match, so that's also encouraging going forward.

I came away much happier, and in actual fact, I thought Kieran Dyer did an excellent job down the right, offering good support and penetration at the right times. That helped us build some decent possession and attacks from wide areas, and Granero is always picking the right kind of passes to invite the wide men on too. If we can work on those little bits, in terms of deliveries and bodies into the box to attack first and second balls, then we should find some goals there.

The style of our play has changed with Alejandro Faurlin and Granero in the middle, we're not always looking for that cut throat pass anymore, which is one of the reasons why Djibril Cissé may seem less effective. He loves those balls over the top that he can chase onto and have a crack at goal. It's a different type of service at the moment, so we'll need him to adjust and come alive in the box the way he did against Liverpool when he scored that equaliser.
Final Third on 08:14 - Sep 24 with 476 viewsElHoop

We didn't get the second goal when we were on top and playing well. Did we expect Zamora to score the second goal? Hoilett might have done but who else? SWP didnt look like doing it. We don't have enough likely goalscorers and I fear that it is going to cost us a lot of points. We should still get enough points against the poorer teams to be safe, but any more than that will need a bit more in front of goal.

Against West Ham we have to play with two up and Hoilett on the right or left.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024