Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and Zaha 09:16 - Oct 15 with 1839 viewsPey

Two players i feel we should have been looking for to join QPR in the summer.
Young players and eager to prove themselves and there is lot of possibility they improve their level.

Charlie Austin now a target for Reading, Newcastle and Villa.
Wilfied Zaha now a target for Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Don't care about people yelling about so called PL experience.
We got plenty of PL experienced players being outplayed by numerous players without any experience at the moment.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Austin and Zaha on 13:20 - Oct 16 with 352 viewsSomersetHoops

The idea of having older experienced players is that they should be able to compete at premiership level from day one. Now that hasn't worked the old hackneyed BS about the team gelling is trotted out ad nauseum. I said at the time that we were buying in too many players on past and faded reputation rather than properly assessed ability and that kind of player is never going to be worth what we paid or the wages we are paying them ever again.

We should have had more younger players properly assessed on ability with a hunger to succeed and who we could add value to. That kind of player could not have given us a worse start than we have already endured. The ability to do that and find those kind of players is what should be in the primary specification of any QPR manager. Although Hughes has done it before, he is either losing his touch or ability or never had it and relies on an army of scouts and technical experts such as he is building now to do his work for him.

Who's Next?

Austin and Zaha on 08:26 - Oct 18 with 317 viewsAGEREPC01

Austin and Zaha on 13:20 - Oct 16 by SomersetHoops

The idea of having older experienced players is that they should be able to compete at premiership level from day one. Now that hasn't worked the old hackneyed BS about the team gelling is trotted out ad nauseum. I said at the time that we were buying in too many players on past and faded reputation rather than properly assessed ability and that kind of player is never going to be worth what we paid or the wages we are paying them ever again.

We should have had more younger players properly assessed on ability with a hunger to succeed and who we could add value to. That kind of player could not have given us a worse start than we have already endured. The ability to do that and find those kind of players is what should be in the primary specification of any QPR manager. Although Hughes has done it before, he is either losing his touch or ability or never had it and relies on an army of scouts and technical experts such as he is building now to do his work for him.

'We should have had more younger players properly assessed on ability with a hunger to succeed and who we could add value to.'

QPR have chased Dawson, Alex, Chris Samba and others in the last year. Thats great. But We quickly forget about such HUGE successes such as as Kyle Walker was. we need to include young talent in our searches, not just the old codgers.

stainrod81

Austin and Zaha on 08:56 - Oct 18 with 310 viewsDANRANGER

Austin and Zaha on 08:26 - Oct 18 by AGEREPC01

'We should have had more younger players properly assessed on ability with a hunger to succeed and who we could add value to.'

QPR have chased Dawson, Alex, Chris Samba and others in the last year. Thats great. But We quickly forget about such HUGE successes such as as Kyle Walker was. we need to include young talent in our searches, not just the old codgers.

Kyle Walker didn't come cheap to Spurs so I couldn't see us paying that kind of fee for a lad who had one decent season in the Championship and I'd say he surprised Spurs as to how good he was as he went as part of the Naughton deal which was anything up to 15m I believe which we can't compete with.

We need another year in the Prem before we can start signing potential stars although I agree we should be scouting potential and I would hope they are. Hughes must focus on what he has and we have enough good players to finish around 10th-12th but he has to settle the side down and quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024