Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry come and save us 09:01 - Nov 18 with 3626 viewsToast_R

Who's banner was that?

Says it all. Surely he has to be the last throw me the dice now for Tony?

We need someone just to engage us fans and give us poor bastards something to live for out here.
Harry come and save us on 09:04 - Nov 18 with 2110 viewsLewes_r

Was pretty awkward when they asked Harry about it on MOTD

You could tell he wants the job though

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Harry come and save us on 09:10 - Nov 18 with 2088 viewsN12Hoop

Don't fancy Harry myself, but if TF is making up a list with one eye on Championship football who is going to be on it realistically.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Harry come and save us on 09:14 - Nov 18 with 2067 viewsGloucs_R

Harry come and save us on 09:10 - Nov 18 by N12Hoop

Don't fancy Harry myself, but if TF is making up a list with one eye on Championship football who is going to be on it realistically.

Who would you have then? Harry is 18 month appointment with maybe someone like Neville as his assistant

Poll: Are we staying up?

Harry come and save us on 09:20 - Nov 18 with 2053 viewsToast_R

For me it has to be Harry.

What we need is just some pride and identity to make us want to come back.

I'd give Harry the job and the cherry on top would be bringing Les with him. Not impossible and TF would be considered God.

Harry come and save us on 09:38 - Nov 18 with 2007 viewsJHoop

Harry come and save us on 09:10 - Nov 18 by N12Hoop

What is all this about planning for Championship football!?! I wouldn't fancy working for somebody with that kind of attitude: 'The first 3 months have not gone to plan so let's give up on the next 6 months and plan for after that when we drop down a division and lose 100's of millions of pounds.'
It is absolutely ridiculous to think that we are planning with 'one eye on Championship football'. We need to aim high and have a plan to get out of this mess, and although Hughes is unlikely to turn it around, we are only 12 games in and another manager could easily come in and make a good fist of it.

Get Harry in and let's give this a right good go!

Come on you RS.
Harry come and save us on 09:40 - Nov 18 with 1996 viewskropotkin41

Harry come and save us on 09:38 - Nov 18 by JHoop

What is all this about planning for Championship football!?! I wouldn't fancy working for somebody with that kind of attitude: 'The first 3 months have not gone to plan so let's give up on the next 6 months and plan for after that when we drop down a division and lose 100's of millions of pounds.'
It is absolutely ridiculous to think that we are planning with 'one eye on Championship football'. We need to aim high and have a plan to get out of this mess, and although Hughes is unlikely to turn it around, we are only 12 games in and another manager could easily come in and make a good fist of it.

Come on you RS.

Nice to be optimistic, but very important to termper it with some realism.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Harry come and save us on 09:42 - Nov 18 with 1988 viewsMelakaRanger

Come on you RS.

If we get a new manager in this week and he realistically starts after the Man U game, its still possible that we could save the day.

Be it Harry or whoever, the guy we need must be a motivator above all else. we have to install a never say die attitude and a belief in 'our' abilities.

Delay firing Hughes and we are setting ourselves up for a fall.

Its surly just a matter of hours and not days before Tony hits the eject button
Harry come and save us on 09:45 - Nov 18 with 1970 viewsJamie

Come on you RS.

Harry will demand money to spend in January and that is just digging yourself deeper and deeper.

Without a phenomenal turnaround, we are going to be deep in the relegation mire all season and so an eye has to be turned to next season and that at this stage is much more likely to be in the Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Harry come and save us on 09:52 - Nov 18 with 1958 viewsnedflanders

Come on you RS.

agree totally. 5 points of safety with 78 left to play for and yet we are 'down already' according to many on here. Its tasking pessimism to a new level. those same people are stating we have good players just without motivation from manager. So we get a new manager in who can motivate and organise these alleged talented players yet we are still nailed on for relegation??? Stoke, Villa, Southampton, Reading, Sunderland etc all poor sides. For so many to think we are down already is ridiculous.
Harry come and save us on 09:55 - Nov 18 with 1941 viewsJHoop

Harry come and save us on 09:40 - Nov 18 by kropotkin41

I could not agree more, but is it realistic to be planning for Championship football midway through November when we have another throw of the dice here? If we replace Hughes and results have not changed by the end of the year, then we need to be planning for Championship football, not now, not when there is so much of the season left, so much at stake financially, and when we have the squad that we do.

Harry come and save us on 10:01 - Nov 18 with 1921 viewskropotkin41

Harry come and save us on 09:52 - Nov 18 by nedflanders

agree totally. 5 points of safety with 78 left to play for and yet we are 'down already' according to many on here. Its tasking pessimism to a new level. those same people are stating we have good players just without motivation from manager. So we get a new manager in who can motivate and organise these alleged talented players yet we are still nailed on for relegation??? Stoke, Villa, Southampton, Reading, Sunderland etc all poor sides. For so many to think we are down already is ridiculous.

Your point is taken Ned, but the fact remains that in order to save us from relegation we'd need to make a team out of the squad we have and then go on a run of form which would exceed even the most optimistic expectations some of us entertained at the start of the season.

Currently, for a minimum chance of survival we need another 36pts from 26 games or around 1.4pts per game.............

If your form is WDLWDL etc that returns 1.3 a game or just over 50 over a full season - comfortable. We need to exceed that!

I don't like being a doom merchant, and good on you for being optimistic, but we are deep deep in a hole and no manager coming in now could be blamed for seeing us relegated - only for failing to bring about a marked improvement, a return of pride, and hope for the future starting the Championship.

Harry come and save us on 10:08 - Nov 18 with 1883 viewsWesty75

It's got to be Redknapp - a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.
Harry come and save us on 10:20 - Nov 18 with 1846 viewstom007

if we get harry in quick we got a chance if we wait were doomed get him in quick and lets start winning.
Harry come and save us on 10:22 - Nov 18 with 1833 viewsnedflanders

Harry come and save us on 10:01 - Nov 18 by kropotkin41

Your point is taken Ned, but the fact remains that in order to save us from relegation we'd need to make a team out of the squad we have and then go on a run of form which would exceed even the most optimistic expectations some of us entertained at the start of the season.

Currently, for a minimum chance of survival we need another 36pts from 26 games or around 1.4pts per game.............

If your form is WDLWDL etc that returns 1.3 a game or just over 50 over a full season - comfortable. We need to exceed that!

I don't like being a doom merchant, and good on you for being optimistic, but we are deep deep in a hole and no manager coming in now could be blamed for seeing us relegated - only for failing to bring about a marked improvement, a return of pride, and hope for the future starting the Championship.

Kropotkin, i agree we ae in big trouble and will need a v good turnaround but you have been blinded by the 'magic 40' point mark for safety that is banded about in the press. You state that we need a MINIMUM of 36 MORE points to survive. This is garbage and not based on any statistics.

Lets take the last five seasons as examples.
2007/08 - 36 points was enough for survival.
2008/09 - 35 Points would of seen survival.
2009/10 - 31 points would of seen survival.
2010/11 - 40 points would of seen survival
2011/12 - 37 points was enough for survival.

Even leaving out the fact that goal difference can see you survive on less (which admittedly isnt something in our favour so I've discounted this for calculation purposes), an average of 35.8 points was needed for survival over past five seasons.

This season is far from over. Yes we need to improve a lot. Yes we definitely need a new manager pronto. And yes its a tall order. But for so many to think we are down already is just wrong .

Harry come and save us on 10:23 - Nov 18 with 1826 viewsJamie

6th December 2004, Harry Redknapp joins Southampton and achieves a record of 1 win in 13 games as they are relegated.
Harry come and save us on 10:26 - Nov 18 with 1808 viewsJHoop

Harry come and save us on 10:01 - Nov 18 by kropotkin41

Another way of looking at it; we need two more wins between now and the end of the season (26 games, 6 of which are against the following teams) than 3 of Reading, Sunderland, Villa and Southampton. This of course discounts all other teams who could quite easily struggle as the season goes on.

Wouldn't sound so hard with the right man in charge....would it?

Harry come and save us on 10:27 - Nov 18 with 1796 viewskropotkin41

Harry come and save us on 10:22 - Nov 18 by nedflanders

Kropotkin, i agree we ae in big trouble and will need a v good turnaround but you have been blinded by the 'magic 40' point mark for safety that is banded about in the press. You state that we need a MINIMUM of 36 MORE points to survive. This is garbage and not based on any statistics.

Lets take the last five seasons as examples.
2007/08 - 36 points was enough for survival.
2008/09 - 35 Points would of seen survival.
2009/10 - 31 points would of seen survival.
2010/11 - 40 points would of seen survival
2011/12 - 37 points was enough for survival.

Even leaving out the fact that goal difference can see you survive on less (which admittedly isnt something in our favour so I've discounted this for calculation purposes), an average of 35.8 points was needed for survival over past five seasons.

This season is far from over. Yes we need to improve a lot. Yes we definitely need a new manager pronto. And yes its a tall order. But for so many to think we are down already is just wrong .

I concede your point. I wasn't so much "blinded" as going with a figure pretty widely circulated on this site.

The fact remains that we haven't won a match so far this season. Even if we only need another 32pts for safety, we still need something like W8 D8 L10 from our remaining fixtures don't we? That would be some turn around, especially as we have already missed taking points at home from Soton, missed getting a home win against Reading, and a home win against West Ham.

Harry come and save us on 10:35 - Nov 18 with 1768 viewsSpiritofGregory

Harry come and save us on 09:40 - Nov 18 by kropotkin41

If we get Harry in, it's to stay in the Premier League. We have every chance to survive with Harry in charge, if ever there was a manager to bring the team together it's him, he has great man management skills.
Harry come and save us on 10:36 - Nov 18 with 1760 viewskropotkin41

Harry come and save us on 10:35 - Nov 18 by SpiritofGregory

If we get Harry in, it's to stay in the Premier League. We have every chance to survive with Harry in charge, if ever there was a manager to bring the team together it's him, he has great man management skills.

I can only hope that you are right.

Harry come and save us on 10:37 - Nov 18 with 1759 viewsisawqpratwcity

Harry come and save us on 10:27 - Nov 18 by kropotkin41

I concede your point. I wasn't so much "blinded" as going with a figure pretty widely circulated on this site.

The fact remains that we haven't won a match so far this season. Even if we only need another 32pts for safety, we still need something like W8 D8 L10 from our remaining fixtures don't we? That would be some turn around, especially as we have already missed taking points at home from Soton, missed getting a home win against Reading, and a home win against West Ham.

It's still doable.

Move fast on Hughes. A decent replacement, quickly. Build some team spirit.

There is enough quality in the squad to do this.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Harry come and save us on 10:41 - Nov 18 with 1738 viewskropotkin41

Harry come and save us on 10:37 - Nov 18 by isawqpratwcity

It's still doable.

Move fast on Hughes. A decent replacement, quickly. Build some team spirit.

There is enough quality in the squad to do this.

As I think (nearly) all of us agree, it is already past time to kick MH et al out of the door.

I am not going to start complaining if we suddenly start playing good football, winning games and rising up the table!! I just think that we already have a mountain to climb and would be well served by a plan that includes possible/probable relegation.

It may be that HR would come and even stay if we go down as long as there is a plan in place that will protect the club and give him a chance to get us promoted again. I don't know. What I do know is that we are on the very edge and we need to temper any optimism with a realistic understanding of what normally happens to teams with 4pts from 36.

Harry come and save us on 10:42 - Nov 18 with 1734 viewsSpiritofGregory

Harry come and save us on 10:36 - Nov 18 by kropotkin41

I can only hope that you are right.

His appointment will also give the fans a lift and my god we need one.
Harry come and save us on 10:44 - Nov 18 with 1729 viewsnedflanders

Harry come and save us on 10:27 - Nov 18 by kropotkin41

agree its a big ask but don't give up just yet. The Liverpool fans who left the stadium in Moscow at HT only to hear what was unfolding on the taxi radio are prime example of why we should never give up until its mathematically impossible. And if we do stay up, we could always get Phil Brown to come and do a rendition of pigbag in the centre circle on last day of season...
Harry come and save us on 10:52 - Nov 18 with 1686 viewsGloucs_R

We have got a very good squad, they just need a kick up the backside and some tactics. With the right manager I genuinely believe we'd be top 10.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Harry come and save us on 10:53 - Nov 18 with 1688 viewsJHoop

Harry come and save us on 10:41 - Nov 18 by kropotkin41

As I think (nearly) all of us agree, it is already past time to kick MH et al out of the door.

I am not going to start complaining if we suddenly start playing good football, winning games and rising up the table!! I just think that we already have a mountain to climb and would be well served by a plan that includes possible/probable relegation.

It may be that HR would come and even stay if we go down as long as there is a plan in place that will protect the club and give him a chance to get us promoted again. I don't know. What I do know is that we are on the very edge and we need to temper any optimism with a realistic understanding of what normally happens to teams with 4pts from 36.

And were we not 3 points from safety, 2 goals down against Liverpool with 15 minutes to play, with around 9 games to play and Arsenal, Spurs, City, Chelsea and United coming up? That Liverpool game was do or die, 12 games in is not. TF has to act to keep us in with a chance, if he does not I don't hold out much hope of Hughes turning things around.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024