Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage 21:07 - Dec 13 with 3541 viewsQPR1882

Ouch

was there that night, can still remember the loud crack.
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 21:12 - Dec 13 with 3531 viewsBazWoT

Thanks for reminding me, everyone heard it.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 21:46 - Dec 13 with 3501 viewsr66

Did you have to remind me of that????? Extraordinary sound in a stadium full of people! Never the same player after and then retired!
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 00:00 - Dec 14 with 3426 viewssmegma

I was broken hearted that night. I begged my Dad to take me, he supports them, but he said I had to go to school the next morning (he had a point I guess seeing as i was only 8 !!). I stayed up and waited for him to come home and pretended to go to the khazi and asked him what the score was ? All he talked about was the 'noise'..........
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 00:21 - Dec 14 with 3418 viewsHantsR

Remember it so very well but my over-riding memory is of an electric night when I thought after dominating the game, a blinding performance by Gerry Francis and goals from Bowles and Givens that the team had arrived - and was going places.
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 01:33 - Dec 14 with 3390 viewsSonofNorfolt

Paul fukkin Went.
My dad took me, an 8 yr old, and I remember it.
Hope he's without a decent pension.
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 05:46 - Dec 14 with 3367 viewsjohnhoop

I wasn't there that night but i do remember Martyn Busby being an immensely exciting prospect before the injury,equal in potential to Gerry Francis.With him added to the 75-76 side I have little doubt we would have clinched that title.
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 08:08 - Dec 14 with 3336 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

I was on the terraces and 14 at the time. I've never seen anything so sickening at a football match than that leg break. Grown men around me were throwing up. It seemed to take ages to get the attention of the medical staff as the game played on upfield. I remember Tony Hazell was absolutely livid. He ran over to the Fulham bench and was held back by several of our players. He would have seriously hurt someone without the restraint.

Martyn was a huge prospect before then, even rated above Gerry Francis by most fans. If memory serves me correct, Martyn's brother Viv also broke his leg around the same time whilst playing for Luton.
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 09:26 - Dec 14 with 3294 viewssexton

Used to know one of the doctors on duty that night - said it was the worst he'd seen.
Login to get fewer ads

Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 16:53 - Dec 14 with 3197 views18StoneOfHoop

Truly sickening tragic incident.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 16:55 - Dec 14 with 3190 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes I was 11, there with my Dad.

Had to leave the terraces to throw up.

Did go back and watch the rest of the match though.

He was never the same player after that.
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 18:00 - Dec 14 with 3163 viewsBens_dad

Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 21:12 - Dec 13 by BazWoT

Thanks for reminding me, everyone heard it.

I was there as a 14 year old. Loved Martyn Busby as a player. Always had a smile on his face. Anyone know what he is up to now?
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 22:36 - Dec 14 with 3108 viewsCiderwithRsie

Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 18:00 - Dec 14 by Bens_dad

I was there as a 14 year old. Loved Martyn Busby as a player. Always had a smile on his face. Anyone know what he is up to now?

Good question. No idea personally. Quick look on t'internet found a Busby Building Services Ltd in Iver with Martyn George Busby as director but they seem to have closed down in 2005.

Would be nice to be able to get some sort of a message to say that QPR fans still remember him. Just before my time but I remember him being spoken of with a lot of respect and sadness.
Martyn Busby 1972 at Craven cottage on 23:05 - Dec 14 with 3093 viewsCheshireR

I worked in High Wycombe in the mid 80s and "Buzzer" used to have a pub in the town. My first game was 73-74 so only saw him post the leg break.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024