Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions / Concerns 06:45 - Feb 6 with 6760 viewsPhil_S

To make my life easier and that of the Support on the network please post your questions concerns here in one thread so we can look at them and pick them off before the official live date.

The forum layout is not complete and won't be for a while, the purpose of letting this go in terms of letting people visit is to get names registered etc in readiness for the move

Picked up a couple last night that I will kick the list off

1. People don't like the scrolling news tickers on the site?
2. Make the forum wider
3. More smileys

Please add to this thread rather than start new ones

Ta
Questions / Concerns on 06:46 - Feb 6 with 4899 viewsPhil_S

And adding to that..... please remember you can change the layout of the forum - 'Table - Collapsed' is currently the nearest to the current layout
Questions / Concerns on 06:49 - Feb 6 with 4890 viewsorion3016

I've read your overview of what's coming, I like the change, so it works for me. Great work

Be over there now after

Questions / Concerns on 07:58 - Feb 6 with 4859 viewsTheFranchise

That banner needs work, a bit of contrast down the empty space on the sides oh yea and the tickers.
Questions / Concerns on 08:43 - Feb 6 with 4847 viewsEducated_Pork

Big thing for me would be to support mobile, with something like tapatalk.

Colour scheme's a bit bland for my tastes as well.

There are some things I like though, and can see the potential. Swings and roundabouts eh ...
Questions / Concerns on 09:15 - Feb 6 with 4842 viewsmacthejack

As I've said elsewhere:

View last unread post button.
Little dot to show what threads you've posted in.

Will add anymore I think of.
Questions / Concerns on 09:50 - Feb 6 with 4834 viewsDicBangkok

Just registered and got on using old user name, no problem. Will there be a "mobile version" option to press, as it doesn't present as well as the old site on my BB Bold? I had to change to page view and zoom in just to Log In. Will explore the site more later. Anyway, keep up the good work Phil. Much appreciated.
Questions / Concerns on 10:53 - Feb 6 with 4824 viewsJacsterr

tickets only page just as it is on the old site
Questions / Concerns on 11:15 - Feb 6 with 4817 viewswaynekerr55

Questions / Concerns on 06:46 - Feb 6 by Phil_S

And adding to that..... please remember you can change the layout of the forum - 'Table - Collapsed' is currently the nearest to the current layout

How do I quote other people in posts (or am I just being a Joey)

Edit - click reply
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Questions / Concerns on 13:20 - Feb 6 with 4778 viewsClash

Questions / Concerns on 11:15 - Feb 6 by waynekerr55

How do I quote other people in posts (or am I just being a Joey)

Edit - click reply

Will you be able to Blue Scum fans up?

Formally Know as THE CLASH!

Questions / Concerns on 13:23 - Feb 6 with 4776 viewsDJack

Questions / Concerns on 06:46 - Feb 6 by Phil_S

... which is where?

Edit ... found it

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Questions / Concerns on 14:31 - Feb 6 with 4755 viewsBLAZE

- Add a View New Posts and View Your Posts button
- Search function that allows you to search the forums as a whole or a specific users post history
- Icons that indicate a thread has received a new post since you last visited it, and a different icon that indicates threads you've previously contributed too
- Visble members list
- The ability to control font options - bold, italic, underlined and different font sizes and colours
- The ability to edit posts you're quoting. At the moment if you quote somebody you don't see their post code
- On the main forum page, separate each individual thread a touch more. At the moment it just looks like a wall of black ink because the threads are squashed together making it difficult to pick out specific threads
- Too much white, make the background a pale grey that's easier on the eye

None of that is important really, but just my opinion on making this place a little more user friendly
Questions / Concerns on 15:23 - Feb 6 with 4725 viewsBLAZE

How about these icons based on our away colours?

- No new posts since last read

- No new posts since last read (in a thread I've contributed to)

Questions / Concerns on 16:46 - Feb 6 with 4682 viewscheeryjack

How do I send a pm ?

Nice new home

Questions / Concerns on 17:17 - Feb 6 with 4673 viewsmacthejack

More Columns in the forum, e.g Subject, Author, Last Poster and all that jazz, at the moment it looks quite bunched up having:

Questions / Concerns by Phil_S on 06:45 - Feb 6

All bunched up on one line, I do, however like the little preview of the first line. So in summary, as has been said before and I'm sure you're doing, spread stuff out a bit, oh and a swear filter like on the old site would be handy, unless you're trying to go for a zero tolerance approach.

Keep up the good work :thumbs:
Questions / Concerns on 17:21 - Feb 6 with 4670 viewsBLAZE

Good point... or just ditch the date and time the thread was created from the main forum page. You can see those details if you need them when you click on the thread itself. Will look much less cluttered without it
Questions / Concerns on 17:44 - Feb 6 with 4658 viewsDarran

Just so everyone knows if you're posting photos the links must end with .jpg .gif .png

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Questions / Concerns on 18:10 - Feb 6 with 4648 viewswaynekerr55

Questions / Concerns on 17:44 - Feb 6 by Darran

Just so everyone knows if you're posting photos the links must end with .jpg .gif .png

Why have you ditched your planet Swans avatar in favour of your aAmB one Dazbags?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Questions / Concerns on 18:42 - Feb 6 with 4636 viewsSmellyplumz

Bigger Avatars please, 150x150 also let on animated gifs

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Questions / Concerns on 18:56 - Feb 6 with 4628 viewsSmellyplumz

Tried changing my current avatar but it wont change just keeps the old one???

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Questions / Concerns on 20:27 - Feb 6 with 4602 viewsbluenile

Too soon to comment yet, but unsure of layout..............but then most people will tell you that i'm a sad old git who's opinion is worthless...................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Questions / Concerns on 21:05 - Feb 6 with 4576 viewsPhil_S

OK some answers to some questions as they come in

1. The scrolling text will be switched off when the site is ready to go completely live

2. There will be a proper mobile version - probably around the summer. Someone has asked about Tapatalk but the mobile version will be more encompassing than that and will create a proper mobile version of the whole site and not just the forum

3. It is impossible to use an 'off the shelf' software to manage a network effectively. One of the benefits of being here is when the network builds properly we will be able to easily visit sites within the network without re-registering etc.

One of the other benefits of being here is I have direct access to the developer who is always open to ideas to make this better. Blaze has listed some things he likes from the last forum which I will make sure he sees. It may slightly delay live date implementing more changes but I always believe it is better to get it right and if that means a delay so be it.

Keep more questions coming as you have them
Questions / Concerns on 22:01 - Feb 6 with 4549 viewsEducated_Pork

Questions / Concerns on 21:05 - Feb 6 by Phil_S

OK some answers to some questions as they come in

1. The scrolling text will be switched off when the site is ready to go completely live

2. There will be a proper mobile version - probably around the summer. Someone has asked about Tapatalk but the mobile version will be more encompassing than that and will create a proper mobile version of the whole site and not just the forum

3. It is impossible to use an 'off the shelf' software to manage a network effectively. One of the benefits of being here is when the network builds properly we will be able to easily visit sites within the network without re-registering etc.

One of the other benefits of being here is I have direct access to the developer who is always open to ideas to make this better. Blaze has listed some things he likes from the last forum which I will make sure he sees. It may slightly delay live date implementing more changes but I always believe it is better to get it right and if that means a delay so be it.

Keep more questions coming as you have them

Good news about the mobile view. Tapatalk was just an idea - anything similar much appreciated.

That and the colour scheme for me. Looking good though.
Questions / Concerns on 23:57 - Feb 6 with 4508 viewsSwansforever

Questions / Concerns on 22:01 - Feb 6 by Educated_Pork

Good news about the mobile view. Tapatalk was just an idea - anything similar much appreciated.

That and the colour scheme for me. Looking good though.

I dont know if its just on mine but when I come on the site it asks me for my log in details but when I look in the right hand corner I am already logged in.
Questions / Concerns on 00:46 - Feb 7 with 4498 viewslibertyjack22

a 'How to sticky' perhaps to advise newbies on how to......
How to add.......
hyperlinks
YouTube Vids
Pictures etc to posts

and has previously been said more smileys

No 1 .......Swansea City Wales' Premier Football Club

Questions / Concerns on 05:04 - Feb 7 with 4479 viewsJrod

Questions / Concerns on 15:23 - Feb 6 by BLAZE

How about these icons based on our away colours?

- No new posts since last read

- No new posts since last read (in a thread I've contributed to)

Awesome icons, please make this happen.

2013 League Cup Champions

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024