Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who's going to Cheltenham then? 21:45 - Mar 7 with 7636 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm going on Tuesday
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 22:00 - Mar 12 with 948 viewstoreqpr

Had £50 e/w rock on ruby.About £56 up.Same bet on Pont Alexandre wed!
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 22:03 - Mar 12 with 940 viewsvodkasupper

So what's everyone got for Wednesday? Can't find anything I like so may keep hold of winnings until Thursday.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 23:04 - Mar 12 with 916 viewsLambourn

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 22:03 - Mar 12 by vodkasupper

So what's everyone got for Wednesday? Can't find anything I like so may keep hold of winnings until Thursday.

I have backed sam winner on thursday and long run on friday. Both for nice bets buts thats it for the week roll on aintree where the serious money can be earnt.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 23:25 - Mar 12 with 912 viewsbaz_qpr

Just back - Great day, amazing start had a £10 e/w no lose bet with Bet Victor on Champagne Fever on the first at 14/1 which I got on Friday great run from a beautiful looking horse. Followed that up with another no lose bet on Simonsig in the Arkle with Ladbrokes £25 at 4/7.

On the 3rd Pete the Feat my 33/1 long shot on an £5 e/w had a great 2/3rds of the race then fell away.

Amazing Champion Hurdle race, had backed Zarkanda but with Paddy Power who doing a money back on Hurricane Fly (who was amazing)

In the Mares hurdle had a cheeky £2.50 e/w on Sirene D'ainay at 40/1 which up until the last few seconds looked set to earn me £100 but what a finish by Quevega what a special horse.

Sadly let down by Shangani in the last but heard earlier that day that money had moved on Rajdhani express, but having discussed it amongst ourselves the previous form did not look worth the punt. Hey ho.

Anyway great day, great atmosphere really really finking cold. If you are going, or betting shop around for offers before you leave as the bookies are really competitive this year and there are some good offers around
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 23:31 - Mar 12 with 909 viewsbaz_qpr

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 21:52 - Mar 12 by easthertsr

If you want to gamble on horses then of course it's your money and you can do what you like with it. If you enjoy the thrill then that's fine, I'm just saying I wouldn't dream of spending my dosh on something that is so easily open to dirty tricks, that's all. remember the old adage has anyone ever seen a poor bookmaker?

its about maths not dodgy tricks, bookie is never poor because a book should always return a profit, its only when they go out of the book that they might take a loss, but often thats a calculated marketing gain.

For the record I only ever bet if I am going racing and that's only a few times a year.

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 00:17 - Mar 13 with 901 viewsTheBlob

I see Channel 4 have axed McCririck for guess who....Clare "rzzzzzzzzzz" Balding.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 02:22 - Mar 13 with 887 viewswestberksr

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 21:52 - Mar 12 by easthertsr

If you want to gamble on horses then of course it's your money and you can do what you like with it. If you enjoy the thrill then that's fine, I'm just saying I wouldn't dream of spending my dosh on something that is so easily open to dirty tricks, that's all. remember the old adage has anyone ever seen a poor bookmaker?

at the lower end of racing where the prize money is shit there are more opportunities for dirty tricks, but the same applies to football and all other sports that have a betting medium.

the top end of racing is the cream of the crop racing for the prize and glory attached to winning at the festival.

had Golden Chieftan at 35/1 personally, so very happy with first day returns. Mullins messed up the rest of the day as I went for My Tent in the first and opposed Fly in the CH, cest la vie.

was it just me or is the mobile signal worse than ever at the course this year?
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 06:20 - Mar 13 with 888 viewssoupandhoop

paddy power must be laughing his bo..ocks off
Login to get fewer ads

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 07:04 - Mar 13 with 878 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 02:22 - Mar 13 by westberksr

at the lower end of racing where the prize money is shit there are more opportunities for dirty tricks, but the same applies to football and all other sports that have a betting medium.

the top end of racing is the cream of the crop racing for the prize and glory attached to winning at the festival.

had Golden Chieftan at 35/1 personally, so very happy with first day returns. Mullins messed up the rest of the day as I went for My Tent in the first and opposed Fly in the CH, cest la vie.

Think you'll find that most racetracks try and restrict the mobile phone signal so that in general you have to place bets with the on course bookie where the price is not so good. Happened to me at both Ascot and Newbury.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:16 - Mar 13 with 854 viewsbaz_qpr

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 06:20 - Mar 13 by soupandhoop

paddy power must be laughing his bo..ocks off

Doubt it, they took a massive hit on their Hurricane fly money back promotion -
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:20 - Mar 13 with 850 viewsbaz_qpr

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 07:04 - Mar 13 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Think you'll find that most racetracks try and restrict the mobile phone signal so that in general you have to place bets with the on course bookie where the price is not so good. Happened to me at both Ascot and Newbury.

As someone who works in the events business. No one is restricting mobile access. If you put a large group of people together in one fairly small area there is just not enough capacity in the phone network to cope. and even if they put in wifi eveywhere it would have to be the new version and only a few phones can support that otherwise again it will just become overloaded and jammed with phones / devices trying to ping it. Its the same at Loftus Road
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:45 - Mar 13 with 836 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:20 - Mar 13 by baz_qpr

As someone who works in the events business. No one is restricting mobile access. If you put a large group of people together in one fairly small area there is just not enough capacity in the phone network to cope. and even if they put in wifi eveywhere it would have to be the new version and only a few phones can support that otherwise again it will just become overloaded and jammed with phones / devices trying to ping it. Its the same at Loftus Road

Thanks for that. At least I know now. There was me blaming the venues!
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:54 - Mar 13 with 827 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Well done anyone who was up. I had a NR/Cancelled

Going to do two L15's today, No idea who yet I hope there are some military names today.

Once did a nice double on Alexander the Great and Constantine.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:17 - Mar 13 with 813 viewsamhoop

First 4favs have a good chance of coming in today.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:20 - Mar 13 with 809 viewsMetallica_Hoop

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:17 - Mar 13 by amhoop

First 4favs have a good chance of coming in today.

I hate favourites. (odd for an ex-bookie)

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:23 - Mar 13 with 808 viewskomradkirk

hadrians approach
master of the sea
union dues

three doubles and a treble
not confident at all
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:26 - Mar 13 with 805 viewsamhoop

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:20 - Mar 13 by Metallica_Hoop

I hate favourites. (odd for an ex-bookie)

Yea I'm not a massive fan of backing favourites. But find it hard to oppose any of the first 4 today, obviously the 4th (Sprinter Sacre)
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:00 - Mar 13 with 791 viewsElHoop

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 02:22 - Mar 13 by westberksr

Good call Golden Chieftain. Brendan Powell junior isn't a bad understudy to Joe Tizzard! I'm not sure that's an arrangement that can last much longer! Brendan for champion one day me thinks.

Today looks slightly less difficult. Sprinter is an interesting race. His superiority is more about poor opposition than true greatness, although he is pretty good. He needs to be impressive today to justify the hype.

Should get off the mark today i reckon:

1.30 Rose of the Moon
2.05 Chatterbox, Taquin du Seuil, Two Rockers
2.40 Goulanes
4.40 Megalypos (NAP)
5.15 Sgt Reckless and The Liquidator

Union Dues has nice colours in the last!
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:04 - Mar 13 with 785 viewsEastR

None of my selections came in yesterday -My Tent or Yours let me down in a 4 race accumulator, so today's come with that health warning:

14.05 - can't see past the fav for a winner so it's all about the places The New One and Two Rockers both EW
16.00 Pendra
16.40 Another Sensation EW
17.15 Golantilla EW

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:09 - Mar 13 with 782 viewsrobith

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 18:23 - Mar 12 by easthertsr

Is it just me, but who else thinks that horse racing is
a) really, really boring
and
b) completely, hopelessly corrupt from top to bottom
I think that anyone who bets hard earned money on it must be stark staring bonkers!

An awful lot of people would same the same thing about football
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:10 - Mar 13 with 781 viewsamhoop

do like the look of chatterbox, had him antepost c.12/1 - he beat my tent or yours in one of his races, which looked good after MTOY newbury race, not as good after yesterday though
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:19 - Mar 13 with 776 viewsrobith

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 07:04 - Mar 13 by Sudbury_Hill_R

I can never get 3G at Loftus Road. Always thought it was the powers that be trying to stop me tweeting at half time about how rubbish we've just been
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 12:14 - Mar 13 with 752 viewsMetallica_Hoop

L15

1:30 Emperor's Choice
2:05 Two Rockers (had to)
2:40 Hadrian's approach
4:00 Master of the Sea

1:30 Rose of the Moon E/W going with El for the Bush luck

Tempted to go McCoy in the 4:40 but every time I back the Kant he falls so am E/W on Knight of Pleasure

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 12:20 - Mar 13 with 744 viewsbaz_qpr

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:26 - Mar 13 by amhoop

Yea I'm not a massive fan of backing favourites. But find it hard to oppose any of the first 4 today, obviously the 4th (Sprinter Sacre)

Corals still doing an Evens offer on Sprinter Sacre everyone else 2/7
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 12:54 - Mar 13 with 725 viewsDesertBoot

1.30 Back In Focus
2.40 Unioniste
5.15 Golantilla

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024