Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things I just don't understand 05:09 - Apr 29 with 2913 viewsQPR_ARG

I'm pretty convinced that a campaign like this brings the best and the worst of every fan of any team in the position QPR were since the start.

But even knowing that emotions fly high and sometimes it's just impossible to make sense of a situation like this, I have a couple of things that I just can't get my head round to actually understand them (let alone relate to them).

1. This love for Redknapp:

Why? What has the man done for QPR? Why do I read a lot of people willing to look elsewhere when trying to find the culprits? Why for some people it seems Harry can't do no wrong?

The way I see it, he failed miserably. Time was not an issue. Money was not an issue. Potential/resources were not an issue. Getting rid of some players before you had enough to replace them, was an issue. Spending over 20m in January and still not sorting out your defense was an issue. Not having enough options up front for when Zamora was crooked or Remy wasn't available was an issue. Making QPR play worse and worse with each week that went by was an issue.

Do some people just buy his incredible array of excuses? He is even offering us preventive excuses ahead of next season.

2. The "It's either Mark Hughes' fault or Harry's" stupid debate.

Why for some people it's either you blame Hughes or you blame Harry. And if you blame one, then you're defending the other.

Both were facking pathetic. Both were terrible and couldn't come up with a balanced squad when both were given top dollar to spend.

So don't offer Harry another excuse by blaming it all on the useless Hughes.

Look at how long it took Pochettino to see Southampton climb up the league (a guy who doesn't even speak the language and is new to England). Check out Di Matteo last season (no need for pre-season to win the Champions League -like some people argue that was the thing Harry suffered from and the explanation for all his shortcomings-). Look at Di Canio at Sunderland. Twenty one matches for Harry. At least 17 different excuses.

3. The "hatred" towards the players that won us promotion to the Premier League and then were alienated by Warnock/Hughes/Redknapp. Good'ol Neil panicked and bought players that started to unsettle the chore of warriors that brought us up against all odds and obstacles.

It all went horribly wrong after those panic buys (with Barton and SWP as living proof).

So why do some people just forget about that wonderful season those men gave us and turned their back on them in favour of rich managers that only came here to get a bit richer?

I don't know. Maybe is my mentality, but I'd never have a bad word to say about all those guys who brought us up. That was a season (and a team) I will never forget and I will always be thankful of.

Those making decisions in the transfer market, couldn't have gotten us in a worse position and I think relegation is a deserved outcome and a logical consequence.

But I'm sure as hell this wasn't the fault of Adel, Jamie, Shaun, Clint or Alejandro. Still, there were loads of people just happy to accept they lose their place on the team to players who never tried as much or gave us as many reasons to be proud of being a QPR fan than those men.

Flags with Harry's name on them, masks with Harry's face on them and hundreds of fans happy to support him over those who were here before we were "rich".

All of the other things, I do understand. As I said, relegation is a fair outcome. This football club, as it is right now, didn't deserve anything other than that.

But the divide in here and the fingers pointing in all sort of wrong directions is something that's doing my head in.

There. Rant over.
Things I just don't understand on 06:47 - Apr 29 with 2454 viewsPommyhoop

Your not on your own ARG.
'Then there is Redknapp. There is a feeling that the media ask no difficult questions of ’Appy Arry’, but that is not quite true. It is simply that any inquiry as to his shortcomings since his appointment in November tends to lead to a response detailing his surprise at Andy Johnson’s lack of fitness.
Redknapp is partly to blame, too. Yes, QPR were in the mire when he joined, but they were not doomed. They were six points from safety, with 25 games to play.
He has not covered himself in glory; far from it. Nobody at Loftus Road has. The ignominy, the shame, is shared.'

Taken from the Times article that HantsR posted..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Things I just don't understand on 07:49 - Apr 29 with 2398 viewsElHoop

I can't see any point in apportioning blame anywhere now, it's done with, we are down. I think that Harry is good enough to get us up, so we have to start planning for that today. I think that he has made it easier to plan for the future by to some extent rehabilitating some of the bad buys from the Hughes era. He's tried to put them in the shop window in a reasonably favourable light whilst playing in a poor side and with a bit of luck we'll move some of them on.

As for him not buying the players to keep us up, I would say that the key busienss is done in the summer and it's hard if not impossible to make enough decent purchases in January to turn a side around. You can always buy someone but more than likely you'll get more players that you end up not wanting if you are intent on buying 10 players in January. As it turned out, Remy, Townsend and Jenas were decent acquisitions and I think that Samba will be a pivotal figure next season if he stays. I think that in terms of trying to get players into shape to move them on, and in bringing in a few, Harry did pretty well.

But the real proof of the pudding won't be visible until next season gets under way. I'm optimistic that we can get a side together in time.
Things I just don't understand on 08:04 - Apr 29 with 2374 viewsQPR_John

Things I just don't understand on 06:47 - Apr 29 by Pommyhoop

Your not on your own ARG.
'Then there is Redknapp. There is a feeling that the media ask no difficult questions of ’Appy Arry’, but that is not quite true. It is simply that any inquiry as to his shortcomings since his appointment in November tends to lead to a response detailing his surprise at Andy Johnson’s lack of fitness.
Redknapp is partly to blame, too. Yes, QPR were in the mire when he joined, but they were not doomed. They were six points from safety, with 25 games to play.
He has not covered himself in glory; far from it. Nobody at Loftus Road has. The ignominy, the shame, is shared.'

Taken from the Times article that HantsR posted..

Really do not understand this stat about how we were only 6 or so points from safety when Redknapp took over and now we are relegated which is used to prove he has not done a good job. If we had been relegated but only 2 points from safety would he have done a good job. So he, and any manager that might have been appointed, would have been considered to have done a good job only if we had stayed up. History shows that to be a pretty tall order considering the starting position. Points per game is really a better estimate and that clearly shows by an order of magnitude that if Redknapp is to be blamed for anything it pails into insignificants to the carnage brought on by Hughes
Things I just don't understand on 08:07 - Apr 29 with 2367 viewsRanger78

Great post

Its clear that there are lots of reasons for this mess.

Fernandes and Beard should take a small amount of blame for reckless spending last summer but on the whole both managerial appointments and all of the signings seemed to be acceptable when they were done. TF has been let down

Hughes is the man who should shoulder most of the responsibility, especially because of the squad he assembled.

Arry inherited a mess but I think its fair to say he hasn't done very much to sort that mess out and in no way should he escape critiscism.
Things I just don't understand on 08:08 - Apr 29 with 2361 viewsessextaxiboy

Arg, you are missing the point, Hughes had pre season to prepare plan spend a brand new premier league budget . He planned badly ,bought badly didnt motivate the team because he had built a split zquad with aging injury prone players in key positions ...he was sacked too late without a win home or away ........Redknapp came in with some money to spend but only on realistically players with a resale value, the budget was maybe 80% spent . those players also had to be fit and in form ...in Jan . He also had to motivate the.whole.squad......
Things I just don't understand on 08:10 - Apr 29 with 2357 viewsVish

I'm indifferent if Harry should be our manager next season.

But we have to remember how bad we were before he took over. No morale, no confidence and we literally couldn't see where our points would come from. Harry steadied us for a bit but the games we needed to win, we simply didn't. He did manage to get us a platform though which is an achievement.

Agree on the striker situation though, no idea why DJ was in the squad then sent out on loan when we were short.

Also his comments for next season do seem to be a get out of jail card.
Things I just don't understand on 08:12 - Apr 29 with 2349 viewsVish

Things I just don't understand on 08:07 - Apr 29 by Ranger78

Great post

Its clear that there are lots of reasons for this mess.

Fernandes and Beard should take a small amount of blame for reckless spending last summer but on the whole both managerial appointments and all of the signings seemed to be acceptable when they were done. TF has been let down

Hughes is the man who should shoulder most of the responsibility, especially because of the squad he assembled.

Arry inherited a mess but I think its fair to say he hasn't done very much to sort that mess out and in no way should he escape critiscism.

Fernandes and Beard clearly have to take some blame. Signing players on 65k per week is just madness.

Key moment is to understand how they've learnt from all of this. We desperately need a 'football man' in the club.
Things I just don't understand on 08:29 - Apr 29 with 2309 viewsmerovingian

Mourinho "ousted" by certain key football players, so as Villas-Boas at Chelsea etc. Is the players who hold the key, their strength lies with the contract somewhat pampered invulnerable to risk by any shortcoming. Blame the contract, it's in black & white infused by governing law. Sort this one out first.

About averaging out 'income potential' for player's who does performed well by means of Loyalty Payment, Bonuses & Perk. This could somehow sort out any imbalances & avoid feeling being left out.

Try adding younger talent 26 years old below to fill up most (not all) position in coincide with Financial Fair Play where all club will enjoy near-"similar" buying power. Enough with this over 28 to 32 years old cranky-injury prone-lost of zest type.

Harry came in too late & the rifts amongst already embedded deeply. He was supposed to land the England job if not because of Hotspurs release contract clause that went against him. That's how good he is.

Lately undergone heart surgery due to overwhelming stress & this one shows how passionate he really is.

Others, bring in a head coach who walk & talk like Di Canio, Barton & there should be panel consist of fans with QPR hierarchy to assist whatever deemed of importance.

Cycledelic

Login to get fewer ads

Things I just don't understand on 08:35 - Apr 29 with 2295 viewsrbsranger

First time poster here.... have been reading this forum keenly for ages, but thought it is time to add my two pence worth.
Having been out of the UK since the day after we went top of the inaugural Premier League table in August 1992 (after beating Coventry away...), my perspective is somewhat tainted by poor internet feeds etc. rather than suffering on the terraces with the rest of you.
I have to say that I could not agree with QPR_ARG more. The love for Redknapp baffled me whilst we lurched from loss to loss before we sacked Hughes (with all those 'Arry save us signs spotted at LR) and it baffles me more today. I don't want to talk win percentage because that is a waste of time (since Wigan the players have stopped playing so the fact that his win percentage is mathematically similar to the others is not really relevant). Even without win percentage we have all been sold on "the great motivator" crap. "He is the only one that can get these guys playing" stuff. Yet at the end of the season he was trotting out all the same excuses - "divided squad, haves and have-nots".... you are the bloody manager, supposedly the best (if you believe the tabloids) that the English have and yet you have done NOTHING in your six months in charge to actually bring this squad together, to actually get this rabble to play for each other and not hate one another.
As any amateur therapist will tell you, in order to actually improve yourself, you need to admit that there is a problem, yet the past six months there has been a constant shifting of blame. When you shift blame, then no one needs to take responsibility. How many times have we heard in the last couple of weeks crap about "imbalanced squad" etc. Every bloody person on this message board knew that we needed forwards in January. Remy was a coup but at the end of the day we ended the transfer window with an upgrade of Cisse and the same dross that we had before. I know we were unsuccessful in recruiting others, but why let Cisse go? And what about actually trying to improve Bothroyd or DJ?
All I can say is, thank goodness it is finally all over. Can barely recall a day in the last two seasons that I have enjoyed....
Things I just don't understand on 08:52 - Apr 29 with 2264 viewsmerovingian

Things I just don't understand on 08:35 - Apr 29 by rbsranger

First time poster here.... have been reading this forum keenly for ages, but thought it is time to add my two pence worth.
Having been out of the UK since the day after we went top of the inaugural Premier League table in August 1992 (after beating Coventry away...), my perspective is somewhat tainted by poor internet feeds etc. rather than suffering on the terraces with the rest of you.
I have to say that I could not agree with QPR_ARG more. The love for Redknapp baffled me whilst we lurched from loss to loss before we sacked Hughes (with all those 'Arry save us signs spotted at LR) and it baffles me more today. I don't want to talk win percentage because that is a waste of time (since Wigan the players have stopped playing so the fact that his win percentage is mathematically similar to the others is not really relevant). Even without win percentage we have all been sold on "the great motivator" crap. "He is the only one that can get these guys playing" stuff. Yet at the end of the season he was trotting out all the same excuses - "divided squad, haves and have-nots".... you are the bloody manager, supposedly the best (if you believe the tabloids) that the English have and yet you have done NOTHING in your six months in charge to actually bring this squad together, to actually get this rabble to play for each other and not hate one another.
As any amateur therapist will tell you, in order to actually improve yourself, you need to admit that there is a problem, yet the past six months there has been a constant shifting of blame. When you shift blame, then no one needs to take responsibility. How many times have we heard in the last couple of weeks crap about "imbalanced squad" etc. Every bloody person on this message board knew that we needed forwards in January. Remy was a coup but at the end of the day we ended the transfer window with an upgrade of Cisse and the same dross that we had before. I know we were unsuccessful in recruiting others, but why let Cisse go? And what about actually trying to improve Bothroyd or DJ?
All I can say is, thank goodness it is finally all over. Can barely recall a day in the last two seasons that I have enjoyed....

Harry can't do much, his hands are tied. Damaged has been done & yes, thank god it is over.

The player's becomes invulnerable due to such contract thus weird behavioral science kicks in within the whimsical opportune mind, everyone's erratic, changes in pace etc. These are the "strange things" Neville spoke of earlier.

IMO.

Cycledelic

Things I just don't understand on 08:53 - Apr 29 with 2268 viewsbeeeater

Good post. Think your 3rd point is the real reason we are in this mess and has been since we came into the league and Warnock kept publicly stating the team that got promotion wasn't good enougb to stay up. Totally destroyed the team spirit in one go.
Things I just don't understand on 09:06 - Apr 29 with 2234 viewsCharlie1

Things I just don't understand on 08:08 - Apr 29 by essextaxiboy

Arg, you are missing the point, Hughes had pre season to prepare plan spend a brand new premier league budget . He planned badly ,bought badly didnt motivate the team because he had built a split zquad with aging injury prone players in key positions ...he was sacked too late without a win home or away ........Redknapp came in with some money to spend but only on realistically players with a resale value, the budget was maybe 80% spent . those players also had to be fit and in form ...in Jan . He also had to motivate the.whole.squad......

Bang on.

Arg (and others) have really missed the point.

Rangers did improve in performance and results (I believe since appointed we're 4th from bottom) but nowhere near enough latter wise.

That mess was created by poor management (Hughes) and naivity (TF). Redknapp shoulders a small amount of blame but he inherited this mess.

We seem to live in a culture these days were people expect things to change and improve and the drop of a hat / click of a finger.
They don't. They don't improve with over analysis either. They improve through team spirit, belief and confidence all of which take time and all of which, we had none last summer let alone when Harry joined.

I said at the time of his appointment right man short term wrong man long term and wrong man for QPR. I still stand by that and I think he's the man to get us out of this mess. It's unlikely that we will get out of this mess as well.

2:59 baby!

Things I just don't understand on 09:07 - Apr 29 with 2228 viewsGloucs_R

Things I dont understand - how you can fleece other QPR supporters.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Things I just don't understand on 09:22 - Apr 29 with 2212 viewsstuabd

Things I just don't understand on 09:06 - Apr 29 by Charlie1

Bang on.

Arg (and others) have really missed the point.

Rangers did improve in performance and results (I believe since appointed we're 4th from bottom) but nowhere near enough latter wise.

That mess was created by poor management (Hughes) and naivity (TF). Redknapp shoulders a small amount of blame but he inherited this mess.

We seem to live in a culture these days were people expect things to change and improve and the drop of a hat / click of a finger.
They don't. They don't improve with over analysis either. They improve through team spirit, belief and confidence all of which take time and all of which, we had none last summer let alone when Harry joined.

I said at the time of his appointment right man short term wrong man long term and wrong man for QPR. I still stand by that and I think he's the man to get us out of this mess. It's unlikely that we will get out of this mess as well.

Totally agree with that, Charlie.

Arg, you called it right. That is mainly just a rant. Your first point about HR just doesn't add up. You've ignored the position he was in and seem to think he could magically make the mess from Hughes disappear. Based on your reasoning, Fergie would have been out of a job at manure because he didn't immediately turn their fortunes around.

The bit about the "hatred" of our old champ players is nonsense. People have opinions about whether some players have played well, but it's hardly hatred.

I'm not a great fan of HR but he was in a near impossible situation.

The excuses as you call them about the next season to me are just reality checks. He is right to tell people not to expect us to steamroller other teams just because we have some cash. It's exactly the message that he needs to send the team. In other words if you think it's going to be easy you can forget it. He wants a hard-working team.

He is the right man for the job and in terms of loan players, he has all the right contacts.

I would give him a proper crack at it before you slate him for trying to clear up Hughes' mess.
Things I just don't understand on 15:13 - Apr 29 with 2151 viewsQPR_ARG

Things I just don't understand on 09:22 - Apr 29 by stuabd

Totally agree with that, Charlie.

Arg, you called it right. That is mainly just a rant. Your first point about HR just doesn't add up. You've ignored the position he was in and seem to think he could magically make the mess from Hughes disappear. Based on your reasoning, Fergie would have been out of a job at manure because he didn't immediately turn their fortunes around.

The bit about the "hatred" of our old champ players is nonsense. People have opinions about whether some players have played well, but it's hardly hatred.

I'm not a great fan of HR but he was in a near impossible situation.

The excuses as you call them about the next season to me are just reality checks. He is right to tell people not to expect us to steamroller other teams just because we have some cash. It's exactly the message that he needs to send the team. In other words if you think it's going to be easy you can forget it. He wants a hard-working team.

He is the right man for the job and in terms of loan players, he has all the right contacts.

I would give him a proper crack at it before you slate him for trying to clear up Hughes' mess.

The fact we were in a mess doesn't necessarily means we have to ignore the fact he failed to do what was asked of him: keep QPR in the Premier League.

If, as you seem to suggest, it was a "near impossible" situation to get out of, then why didn't he start preparing for life in the Championship rather than spending big in January?

He thought he could do it. He was backed financially because the owners thought he could do it. We all thought (hoped, at the very least) he could do it and I think if you ask around there will be more people telling you we had a better squad (quality/name-wise) than many of the other strugglers.

This wasn't mission impossible AT ALL. If you have more than 20M to spend in January, you can easily bring in reinforcements without over-spending on only one CB (Samba), no matter how good he can be if he stays with us in the Championship.

8M on Remy? Great deal. Obviously. But that was hardly Harry preparing for the Championship, was it?

I see people will continue to indulge and will continue to look anywhere but in Harry's direction when identifying the men that had a responsibility in sending us down.

I'm not expecting him to tell me: "We'll bounce right back up", just as much as I was tired and bored to death with his: "We still have a shot", "Other teams will start looking over their shoulders now" and all those things that seem to indicate that actually, unlike his fans on here, he didn't think it was impossible and he did his best to try and keep QPR up.

Sadly, his best was not good enough. I don't care if he's the best in business (?) or how many contacts he has.

I just don't like it when a manager thinks he is bigger than the whole club. And it gets worse when the media, our board and our own fans think the same way.

Things I just don't understand on 15:32 - Apr 29 with 2117 viewscoolranger

Arg....do you support Racing?
Things I just don't understand on 15:56 - Apr 29 with 2083 viewsJuzzie

Hughes amassed 4 points in 13 games (0.3 points per game)
Redknpap has amassed 21 points in 22 games (0.95 points per game)

I can understand why people aren't jumping on Redknapp's back as much as Hughes.

The relegation damage was done in the first 3-4 months of the season and we were playing catch-up ever since, which is never easy however much money is thrown at the problem.

"Not having enough options up front for when Zamora was crooked or Remy wasn't available was an issue. Making QPR play worse and worse with each week that went by was an issue. "

But it wasn't Redknapp's decision to acquire injury-prone Zamora & Johnson and then name just three strikers at the start of the season putting us in the position where we were never going to go out and buy 5 stikers in January.

In January, we had to have a bit of everything... a striker, a centre back, midfield and that's what we got. Buying 5 strikers would not have solved the problem. Just our luck Remy got injured almost straight away putting us back in the situation without a decent striker for a few weeks. If Johnson is fit now but can't play as he's not in the named 25 then Bobby goes and gets himself stupidly sent off diluting our striking options again.

Also, Redknpap had to work with a squad with one recognised striker for at least 8 games (almost a quarter of the season) before being able to get anyone else in.

I'm not saying 'arry blameless, but it's not ALL his fault either.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Things I just don't understand on 16:01 - Apr 29 with 2069 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Arg the loads of people are too blame those in mark Hughes camp and tf and his camp (the boardroom) they were naive and trusting wanted too much to soon . Harry inherited this mess the team if I remembered rightly had not won and didn't even look likely too win one bloody game. Any human that came in to take over that lot would have struggled it was actually a blooming miracle we got the ball into the oppositions half. As for Harry's transfer I cannot see one bad signing all of them have preformed better than who they have replaced so I can't see where you are coming from there. The proper job will start now and I hope Harry is up to the task and we should be supporting him instead of critisizing him
Things I just don't understand on 16:02 - Apr 29 with 2066 viewsJonDoeman

Won't lie, I have been disappointed in Harry, thought he'd save us.
I do believe he will be with us next season, and he's getting the benefit of the doubt till then. We should get behind him.

It Is What It Is !!

Things I just don't understand on 16:02 - Apr 29 with 2066 viewsbeeeater

Things I just don't understand on 15:13 - Apr 29 by QPR_ARG

The fact we were in a mess doesn't necessarily means we have to ignore the fact he failed to do what was asked of him: keep QPR in the Premier League.

If, as you seem to suggest, it was a "near impossible" situation to get out of, then why didn't he start preparing for life in the Championship rather than spending big in January?

He thought he could do it. He was backed financially because the owners thought he could do it. We all thought (hoped, at the very least) he could do it and I think if you ask around there will be more people telling you we had a better squad (quality/name-wise) than many of the other strugglers.

This wasn't mission impossible AT ALL. If you have more than 20M to spend in January, you can easily bring in reinforcements without over-spending on only one CB (Samba), no matter how good he can be if he stays with us in the Championship.

8M on Remy? Great deal. Obviously. But that was hardly Harry preparing for the Championship, was it?

I see people will continue to indulge and will continue to look anywhere but in Harry's direction when identifying the men that had a responsibility in sending us down.

I'm not expecting him to tell me: "We'll bounce right back up", just as much as I was tired and bored to death with his: "We still have a shot", "Other teams will start looking over their shoulders now" and all those things that seem to indicate that actually, unlike his fans on here, he didn't think it was impossible and he did his best to try and keep QPR up.

Sadly, his best was not good enough. I don't care if he's the best in business (?) or how many contacts he has.

I just don't like it when a manager thinks he is bigger than the whole club. And it gets worse when the media, our board and our own fans think the same way.

Your right, but I don't think Redknapp truly understood how divide this squad was until the week in Dubai. He's only now telling it as it is , prevoiusly I think he thought he could just walk in and everyone would suddenly gell and become a squad willing to fight for each other. Our time in the Prem has been a disaster and I don't think Harry is too much to blame , it goes back to when we were promoted.
Things I just don't understand on 16:23 - Apr 29 with 2026 viewsN12Hoop

Things I just don't understand on 15:56 - Apr 29 by Juzzie

I can understand why people aren't jumping on Redknapp's back as much as Hughes.

The relegation damage was done in the first 3-4 months of the season and we were playing catch-up ever since, which is never easy however much money is thrown at the problem.

"Not having enough options up front for when Zamora was crooked or Remy wasn't available was an issue. Making QPR play worse and worse with each week that went by was an issue. "

But it wasn't Redknapp's decision to acquire injury-prone Zamora & Johnson and then name just three strikers at the start of the season putting us in the position where we were never going to go out and buy 5 stikers in January.

In January, we had to have a bit of everything... a striker, a centre back, midfield and that's what we got. Buying 5 strikers would not have solved the problem. Just our luck Remy got injured almost straight away putting us back in the situation without a decent striker for a few weeks. If Johnson is fit now but can't play as he's not in the named 25 then Bobby goes and gets himself stupidly sent off diluting our striking options again.

Also, Redknpap had to work with a squad with one recognised striker for at least 8 games (almost a quarter of the season) before being able to get anyone else in.

I agree with this. When Rednapp turned up we didnt look capable of getting 3 points in any game and even 1 point was looking unlikely. He inherited a pile of sh1t and could never realise how deeply ingrained the problems were. But if Taarabt had scored his penalty against Norwich and if the Wigan game had finished 30 seconds earlier there would be 4 more points on the board and maybe other things would have happened between those 2 games that would have us still in with a shout of survival. Under Hughes we were never close to getting extra points. The supposed 'easy' run of games started under Hughes' watch and once those were over the odds were reaally stacked againsat Redknapp.

Every player Harry bought is marketable (Jenas was free). Everyone was under the perception that Samba was a fantastic CB and we can;t blame Harry for his Fulham performance.

I don't like the way HArry blames all but himself, and he has certainly made errors in my view; however, I would be comfortable with a manager of his experience and contacts at the helm come next season rather than a gamble on an unknown. If Fernandes and Co can get their act together as well, then maybe we have something to look forward to.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Things I just don't understand on 16:28 - Apr 29 with 2012 viewsRangersw12

Things I just don't understand on 15:56 - Apr 29 by Juzzie

I would agree with you if Redknapp hadn't of loaned out DJ when he knew we had hardly any options upfront

He made the same mistake as Hughes in that respect

Things I just don't understand on 16:42 - Apr 29 with 1999 viewsadhoc_qpr

Harry can take his share of blame - but you can't ignore the fact he inherited a demotivated, divided, unbalanced, off form squad with endemic problems.

Yes Harry could and should have done things differently and a better manager could have saved us, but it's unfair to underestimate the scale of the task and the fact no club has ever survived from a start like that is no coincidence.
Things I just don't understand on 17:03 - Apr 29 with 1976 viewsQPR_ARG

Things I just don't understand on 15:32 - Apr 29 by coolranger

Arg....do you support Racing?

Used to. All my life. I'm barely watching Racing play these days. Although both are highly compatible (and similar in a number of ways) I'm more QPR than Racing nowadays. It's just what's going on. But yes, I've always supported Racing.

Why?
Things I just don't understand on 17:11 - Apr 29 with 1968 viewsCharlie1

Things I just don't understand on 15:13 - Apr 29 by QPR_ARG

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. When Hughes was sacked, who was available? The squad issues remained - there wasn't many better candidates about. I'm not a big fan of HR - felt at the time he was best for us in the short term. The club not just HR, ie TF went for broke in January because we had to.

Look, performances did improve under HR. That's a fact. Plain and simple. But it wasn't enough because we were always playing catching up.

No QPR fan is naive enough to trust HR but we lived in hope, spending stupid money watching a bunch of mercenaries which hurts big time.
But, hindsight doesn't help or achieve anything.

Buck for this, stops with TF. West Ham was the last chance saloon for Hughes but it wasn't.

The club has been poorly run for three transfer windows, it's all short term hence we've been relegated.

2:59 baby!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024