Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
E-cigs at the Liberty 22:17 - Aug 3 with 14565 viewsSwanzay

As I was down in Swansea today I went to have a look at the new club shop, as I was strolling around the stadium I noticed there are new signs up saying e-cigs are not permitted?
This is more aimed at Phil S really, why?
Surely the club should prefer this to people trying to smoke normal cigs in the toilets etc.
There is no smoke smell as its water vapour, so wrong with that?
Also had a look around the RGB training facility, looks impressive, amazing how far we have come, especially with fairwood on the horizon.
Well worth a visit before the nature blocks the view!
E-cigs at the Liberty on 13:25 - Aug 4 with 1642 viewsIce_Tea

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:30 - Aug 4 by Educated_Pork

You have to admire the club. They still get to hide behind Stadco when making daft decisions.

Stadco are the landlords so they make the rules.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 13:29 - Aug 4 with 1638 viewsexiledclaseboy

E-cigs at the Liberty on 13:25 - Aug 4 by Ice_Tea

Stadco are the landlords so they make the rules.

True. Swansea City is part of Stadco.

Poll: Tory leader

E-cigs at the Liberty on 13:54 - Aug 4 with 1622 viewsEducated_Pork

E-cigs at the Liberty on 13:29 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

True. Swansea City is part of Stadco.

And really should be the dominant partner these days.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 13:57 - Aug 4 with 1619 viewsJackoBoostardo

What a curious thread this has evolved into.

Seems to be a lot of self righteous people who believe they should have the right to do whatever they want.

These E-cigs are a gimmick. Giving the smoker the impression they are still smoking when all they are doing is just keeping their fingers busy. So why should people who are non-smokers have to put up sitting next to someone who (and let's be frank - knew the risks of smoking and addiction before starting their habit) cannot stop thinking of having a smoke for a very short period of the day?

I find these E-cigs almost as annoying when the crap still ends up in my face - afterall, I didn't ask for it. It's like sitting next to a a guy who insists on speaking to you throughout the game, but spits everywhere when he shouts. Or being stuck on a crammed train with a person next to you with bad gas - you shouldn't have to put up with it so why should you? Yet we're being told we should have sympathy for smokers?

I'm not a militant on this subject by any stretch - but don't go trying to claim the smokers deserve more as you've already had enough!

I don't want this turned into a debate - just accept it as an opposing view! Rant over.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:04 - Aug 4 with 1588 viewsSmellyplumz

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:57 - Aug 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah but cancer of the gob awaits anyone who does that with any regularity

There is a high % that would be the case but its not a given, I've met people who now in their 50`s started chewing at 12 yrs old and they have no oral cancer.

Same as smoking really. men can get breast cancer so go figure that one innit.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:10 - Aug 4 with 1581 viewsJackoBoostardo

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:04 - Aug 4 by Smellyplumz

There is a high % that would be the case but its not a given, I've met people who now in their 50`s started chewing at 12 yrs old and they have no oral cancer.

Same as smoking really. men can get breast cancer so go figure that one innit.

And people can dodge trains and cars on the motorway for 40 years and not be hit yet, but it doesn't mean it won't happen.

% statistics are there to provide an idea/educated estimation/approximation. It isn't intended to be 100% accurate - but if you go against them then you can't say you're not aware of the risks involved.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:24 - Aug 4 with 1574 viewsreddythered

I smoked for a long time, used e-cigs, very very useful in giving up.

Brand I used had no nictotine, just apple.

Stadco / SCFC cannot ban e-cigs in that instance where there's no nicotine. Perfectly legal under the law - can use in place of work etc. That was something I had confirmed at CCS.

Now, it may be the decision is made because some may not know they are e-cigs and thus think it's ok to smoke normal cigarettes.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:26 - Aug 4 with 1572 viewsexiledclaseboy

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:24 - Aug 4 by reddythered

Stadco / SCFC cannot ban e-cigs in that instance where there's no nicotine. Perfectly legal under the law - can use in place of work etc. That was something I had confirmed at CCS.

Now, it may be the decision is made because some may not know they are e-cigs and thus think it's ok to smoke normal cigarettes.

They can ban them as a condition of entry into the stadium. Cigarette smoking in public wasn't banned until a few years ago but it's always been a no smoking stadium. The law is irrelevant, there's no law that forces any football club, stadium operator or other business to allow the use of Ecigs if they don't want to.

Login to get fewer ads

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:27 - Aug 4 with 1568 viewsBelfast

Birmingham City are sponsored by an e cigs company, and actively promote them within the stadium.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:30 - Aug 4 with 1563 viewsJackoBoostardo

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:24 - Aug 4 by reddythered

Private property numbnuts.

They can ban whatever they want as long as they're not breaking the law for doing so (discrimanation/racial etc).

If this issue is so contentious for you - then don't bother coming at all to watch the match. I'd rather watch the game next to another who appreciates our team over someone whining about not-smoking for 90 minutes.

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:37 - Aug 4 with 1554 viewsreddythered

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:30 - Aug 4 by JackoBoostardo

Private property numbnuts.

They can ban whatever they want as long as they're not breaking the law for doing so (discrimanation/racial etc).

If this issue is so contentious for you - then don't bother coming at all to watch the match. I'd rather watch the game next to another who appreciates our team over someone whining about not-smoking for 90 minutes.

Stay classy.

Fact is the non-nicotine version are legal as per the law. Hence Stadco may not have a great defence if someone pressed the issue.

As I said, I suspect the issue is more along the lines of not being able to tell which ciggies are which.

I don't whine about not smoking because errm, I quit six months ago.

Plus I feel I might need to point out to you that you might want to have read my post and noticed the username before putting the last paragraph in.

As I said, they are perfectly fine within CCS.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:47 - Aug 4 with 1540 viewsJackoBoostardo

E-cigs at the Liberty on 15:37 - Aug 4 by reddythered

Stay classy.

Fact is the non-nicotine version are legal as per the law. Hence Stadco may not have a great defence if someone pressed the issue.

As I said, I suspect the issue is more along the lines of not being able to tell which ciggies are which.

I don't whine about not smoking because errm, I quit six months ago.

Plus I feel I might need to point out to you that you might want to have read my post and noticed the username before putting the last paragraph in.

As I said, they are perfectly fine within CCS.

I'm aware of who you are Reddy.

You are again missing the point - they stadium do not need to defend anything. It's private property and as such falls under their own statutory rules.

And I assume at one point you will be visiting the Liberty with your team in order to get schooled at football. Whilst it may indeed be acceptable at CCS/Legoland, doesn't mean it should be followed at all other stadia. I personally would not want to see it being allowed. Nothing personal against the smokers who want it there, but if you can't hold out for a short period of time then that shows a weak character and nothing more - so is it right I should have to put up with someone blowing fake smoke/vapour around me for 90 minutes? I'd rather watch the game and enjoy it.

I also did mention the reasons why it was not permitted earlier in the thread. It is up to each individual stadium/management company what they allow in to the grounds - in the same mechanic as Vuvuzela's which are also not permitted for consistently being a pain in the ass, e-cigs are reviewed the same.

E-cigs at the Liberty on 17:36 - Aug 4 with 1504 viewscosy121

Why not ban people from making a noise,lol
E-cigs at the Liberty on 17:46 - Aug 4 with 1493 viewsKingBony

Dirty little moggers!!

Ban them all I say!

It's all bs anyway, everyday I have to put up with that shit blown in my face wherever I go, on the street or outside tesco or wherever it's disgusting. So moggers complain they can't mog! Boo fecking hoo. If I wanted a smoke free life I wouldn't be able to leave my house.

That's the truth.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:27 - Aug 4 with 1475 viewsbermudajack

E-cigs at the Liberty on 17:46 - Aug 4 by KingBony

Dirty little moggers!!

Ban them all I say!

It's all bs anyway, everyday I have to put up with that shit blown in my face wherever I go, on the street or outside tesco or wherever it's disgusting. So moggers complain they can't mog! Boo fecking hoo. If I wanted a smoke free life I wouldn't be able to leave my house.

That's the truth.

Firstly I gave up smoking 5 years ago
My dad smokes ECigs regularly
Some places have banned the use of ECigs like hospitals etc. I don't understand why?
I personally have no problem with them whatsoever
They don't smell, pollute or harm anyone and actually help people quit real ciggies.
I don't think it's a matter of going 120 mins without them
It's about being told what we can or cannot do again by the jumped up people's of power
If some clubs are allowing it, there cannot be a risk to public health
If STACO ban them, then they must provide a valid reason, otherwise it could be challenged in a court of law.
STACO cannot simply ban something that's not fair and equal for all sections of society
They should be more concerned with the saturated fat, sugar and salt contents of the food they serve on the concourses, which is far more of a public health concern than ECigs
or maybe they shouldn't serve any food or drink,
because if you can't last 120 mins without it eh?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:37 - Aug 4 with 1468 viewsexiledclaseboy

E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:27 - Aug 4 by bermudajack

Some places have banned the use of ECigs like hospitals etc. I don't understand why?
They don't smell, pollute or harm anyone and actually help people quit real ciggies.
It's about being told what we can or cannot do again by the jumped up people's of power
If STACO ban them, then they must provide a valid reason, otherwise it could be challenged in a court of law.
STACO cannot simply ban something that's not fair and equal for all sections of society
They should be more concerned with the saturated fat, sugar and salt contents of the food they serve on the concourses, which is far more of a public health concern than ECigs

On what basis could a ban on ecigs be challenged in court?

E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:43 - Aug 4 with 1462 viewsItchySphincter

Who the fvck is STACO?

Wah wah wah, I can't take my toy cigarette in. Maybe you should take up sucking a dummy.

Be done with it, ban everyone.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:46 - Aug 4 with 1458 viewscosy121

I was at morriston hospital two months ago visiting.There was no ban in place there then.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:50 - Aug 4 with 1451 viewsairedale

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:52 - Aug 3 by airedale

Try. Not. To. Feed. Your. Face. For. 120. Whole. Minutes.

I didn't post this.

Very worrying.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:53 - Aug 4 with 1444 viewsItchySphincter

Yeah yeah, course you didn't.

If you''re really worried there is a thread on EE containing a startling admission by a senior trusted mod.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2013 18:53]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

E-cigs at the Liberty on 19:33 - Aug 4 with 1423 viewsairedale

E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:53 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

If you''re really worried there is a thread on EE containing a startling admission by a senior trusted mod.

Are these admissions regarding deleted posts?

And if so why delete the post I deny ownership of, its not very inflamatory is it?

Its just worrying because its like identity theft.

Anyway I can't go 120 minutes without feeding my face, so I'd be a bit of a hypocrite suggesting that someone else shouldn't do it.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 19:38 - Aug 4 with 1420 viewsbermudajack

E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:53 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

STADCO ...

now go suck your own dummy,

You stick to the rules and do what your told now... There's a good lad :-)

Poll: Priority for new manager?

E-cigs at the Liberty on 20:04 - Aug 4 with 1406 viewsJackoBoostardo

E-cigs at the Liberty on 18:27 - Aug 4 by bermudajack

You drunk?

Remember the time when clubs and bars stopped people coming in with trainers and jeans?

Did you challenge that in court too?

Crazy!

It's policy of the stadium - get used to it and quit yer whining!

E-cigs at the Liberty on 20:30 - Aug 4 with 1396 viewsairedale

As far as I'm concerned this thread is Faux-fag-gate.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 20:42 - Aug 4 with 1384 viewsStanners

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:44 - Aug 3 by SwansNZ

Is 2 hours really too long to go without having a puff? FFS, watch the bloody football mun

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024