Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead 11:51 - Aug 11 with 8889 viewsSwansforever

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-expecta
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 13:16 - Aug 11 with 6516 viewsreddythered

Is it just me or whilst there are some valid points made in that article most is just cringeworthy on both sides?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 13:46 - Aug 11 with 6447 viewsUxbridge

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 13:16 - Aug 11 by reddythered

Is it just me or whilst there are some valid points made in that article most is just cringeworthy on both sides?

It's certainly cringeworthy and hilariously misinformed on one side.

Rather sad that Wathan is promoting the cult of Anus as well.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 13:49 - Aug 11 with 6433 viewsPhil_S

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 13:46 - Aug 11 by Uxbridge

It's certainly cringeworthy and hilariously misinformed on one side.

Rather sad that Wathan is promoting the cult of Anus as well.

WoS were sniffing around wanting comments for this article on Friday when I explained I was just about to jump on a train and yesterday when they didn't even warrant a return phone call.

Did it once when we got promoted to the PL, not sure I'd want to be involved again. Either from a Trust or website perspective
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 14:01 - Aug 11 with 6394 viewsreddythered

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 13:49 - Aug 11 by Phil_S

WoS were sniffing around wanting comments for this article on Friday when I explained I was just about to jump on a train and yesterday when they didn't even warrant a return phone call.

Did it once when we got promoted to the PL, not sure I'd want to be involved again. Either from a Trust or website perspective

Well, it sets people up to be honest. Nobody can really know how either of us will do until season kicks off.

The Anus issue was to be expected given Wales Online have Ankles regular musings. I can well remember Anus stating he'd be going to the ground this season and then never again.

Equally, Wales Online have given up any semblance of reporting. Chief sports reporter "El" Terry Phillips was spreading an unsubstantiated rumour Man City were talking to Medel, contacted him at 2:45pm yesterday. Made it into the first article on their website, later removed when proven to be bs.

After all, if Man City had contacted him and his agent, I very much doubt he'd have stayed sat in the directors box the entire game.

Media Wales currently have cock all "sources" within the club. The major leaks within the club have gone for a Burton if you will. Clearly there are still some leaks as Tony Rivers has been spot on with info without going down the "look at me " route Ankles does.

So whilst it's popular to claim bias in our favour, in reality the welsh media are absolutely clueless evenly...

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 14:04 - Aug 11 with 6380 viewsEuroJacks

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 13:16 - Aug 11 by reddythered

Some valid points both sides,But cardiff fans keep on about our squad size when we signed 6 first team players,and swans fans dont know how cardiff players will make step up.The thing I do know certain fans leaders dont do your clubs image any good.
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 14:07 - Aug 11 with 6368 viewsreddythered

But my views, for what they are worth...

You'll push on having established yourselves as clearly midtable at worst. I think you'll be on the verges of automatic European qualification but possibly just miss out - I'd say 7th-8th. Which is still none too shabby.

Us, it's more difficult to say. Survival is the aim, but the players we've persued and signed have been a statement of intent. I certainly believe Hull and Palarse are a lot worse than our squad. Villa, Newcastle could get dragged into relegation.

Gut feeling is we're good enough to avoid relegation, even if by one place. Signings have been in the right areas - the spine of the side - and young enough to be hungry to play rather than the Jones era signings. Add a winger in say Jefferson Moreno, rumours being deal close for £3m that's another weakness addressed.

I'd say at worst we just about stay up, at best mid table.

And the derbies will be worth watching for Medel vs Canas...

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 14:13 - Aug 11 with 6339 viewsPozuelosSideys

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 14:07 - Aug 11 by reddythered

But my views, for what they are worth...

You'll push on having established yourselves as clearly midtable at worst. I think you'll be on the verges of automatic European qualification but possibly just miss out - I'd say 7th-8th. Which is still none too shabby.

Us, it's more difficult to say. Survival is the aim, but the players we've persued and signed have been a statement of intent. I certainly believe Hull and Palarse are a lot worse than our squad. Villa, Newcastle could get dragged into relegation.

Gut feeling is we're good enough to avoid relegation, even if by one place. Signings have been in the right areas - the spine of the side - and young enough to be hungry to play rather than the Jones era signings. Add a winger in say Jefferson Moreno, rumours being deal close for £3m that's another weakness addressed.

I'd say at worst we just about stay up, at best mid table.

And the derbies will be worth watching for Medel vs Canas...

Cant argue with most of that, although possibly a bit on the optimistic side for us (in my opinion, others will disagree)

The derbies concern me a bit. We have a couple of players who tend to get a bit narky when frustrated (Chico, Michu, Canas) and thats the last place we want them losing their heads.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 14:28 - Aug 11 with 6302 viewsreddythered

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 14:13 - Aug 11 by PozuelosSideys

Cant argue with most of that, although possibly a bit on the optimistic side for us (in my opinion, others will disagree)

The derbies concern me a bit. We have a couple of players who tend to get a bit narky when frustrated (Chico, Michu, Canas) and thats the last place we want them losing their heads.

We've got Medel, who by the sounds of things loses his head if we lose the coin toss...

Maybe we'll be having innovations for the derbies, taking a cue from Ice Hockey; Medel and Canas/Chico the designated enforcers, every couple of minutes a game of football breaking out in between the fighting...

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:03 - Aug 11 with 6231 viewsPozuelosSideys

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 14:28 - Aug 11 by reddythered

We've got Medel, who by the sounds of things loses his head if we lose the coin toss...

Maybe we'll be having innovations for the derbies, taking a cue from Ice Hockey; Medel and Canas/Chico the designated enforcers, every couple of minutes a game of football breaking out in between the fighting...

Think a lot will depend on the refs we get. Somebody like Howard Webb will let loads of dirty stuff go while Mike Dean will just miss everything.

Given the way you lot seem to be setting up in terms of squad and the style youre likely to play, you should be hoping you see a lot of Webb, Dean, Foy & Halsey etc who let a lot of the rough stuff go. Refs like Dowd, Clattenberg and Friend will ping you on everything. Youll notice the differences a lot more in the Prem purely cos you see them over and over again..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:11 - Aug 11 with 6203 viewsItchySphincter

FWIW the point about European Football hurting us is a valid one. Not guaranteed to see us relegated but the prospect of too many games in too many competitions can't be ignored. Staying up comfortably would be another great achievement. Challenging the top ten again or for another pot would be even greater.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:29 - Aug 11 with 6159 viewsUxbridge

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 13:49 - Aug 11 by Phil_S

Aye, can't blame you. Wouldn't be able to win either way with those sorts of things. And the whole derby toxic circus is probably not something the Trust would want to get involved in anyway I'd imagine.

As for those clowns, I suspect we've got 12 months of this sort of nonsense, at least. The daft thing is that the derby is the last thing on most people's minds, especially on this side of the house with the much more attractive European ties and big PL games coming up.

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:38 - Aug 11 with 6132 viewsmonmouth

I think the Times got it about right =/- a place or two. Us 7th, Cardiff 16th.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:47 - Aug 11 with 6102 viewsUxbridge

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:38 - Aug 11 by monmouth

Think both of those are two positions out.

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:50 - Aug 11 with 6092 viewsJonnyTheJack

The Welsh Media are milking this. Constantly on about the derbies. Someone even asked Rangel about them signing Caulker. What the fu*k is that about?

I hope it all dies down once the season starts and they just let both teams get on with their thing instead of asking about each other.

We'll be fine this season. 8th to 13th I'd say. I don't think people realise what good a squad we got.

They'll be fine I think too as much as I hate to say it. They've definitely got more about them than Hull and Palace.
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:50 - Aug 11 with 6091 viewsSuperSwans

Embarrassing from both set of fans
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 16:30 - Aug 11 with 6009 viewsPozuelosSideys

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:47 - Aug 11 by Uxbridge

Think both of those are two positions out.

5th and 18th? Lovely stuff!

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 16:40 - Aug 11 with 5982 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 15:38 - Aug 11 by monmouth

I'd settle for that.
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:11 - Aug 11 with 5903 viewsTheClash

I think they should be grateful just to stay up but reading some of their board they recon they have a better squad than us now with another two signings. I see they are doing it the "Cardiff way" throw money at it and see what happen next.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:29 - Aug 11 with 5836 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:11 - Aug 11 by TheClash

I think they should be grateful just to stay up but reading some of their board they recon they have a better squad than us now with another two signings. I see they are doing it the "Cardiff way" throw money at it and see what happen next.

How do you work that one out bud? Are you saying we should'nt buy players to stay in this league?
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:34 - Aug 11 with 5815 viewsorion3016

I just hope those scum fans don't ruin the great reputation of Welsh football supporters that we have shown over the last 2 years
[Post edited 11 Aug 2013 18:34]

Be over there now after

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:35 - Aug 11 with 5808 viewsDarran

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:34 - Aug 11 by orion3016

I just hope those scum fans don't ruin the great reputation of Welsh football supporters that we have shown over the last 2 years

Hookers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:35 - Aug 11 with 5805 viewsEuroJacks

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:29 - Aug 11 by ScoobyDoo

How do you work that one out bud? Are you saying we should'nt buy players to stay in this league?

people should remember theres more money this season from sky,so cant blame them for spending money.
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 18:35 - Aug 11 with 5708 viewsorion3016

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:35 - Aug 11 by Darran

Hookers.

Edited boss

Be over there now after

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 18:55 - Aug 11 with 5676 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 17:34 - Aug 11 by orion3016

The only trouble between the two sets of supporters in the last few years has come from your lot, behave yourselves this year.
Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 18:59 - Aug 11 with 5656 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff and swans fans' views on the season ahead on 18:55 - Aug 11 by ScoobyDoo

The only trouble between the two sets of supporters in the last few years has come from your lot, behave yourselves this year.

I expect you will top it this year as well.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/118118
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024