Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Runners On Here 21:22 - Aug 11 with 2487 viewsdeepestgower

I've signed up for the Gower Marathon this November. I'm sure I can remember someone from here did it last year?

Wanted some advice on the route. From the Endurance Life web site I can see roughly where it leads but wanted more info.

Cheers in advance..
Runners On Here on 22:48 - Aug 11 with 2449 viewsepaul

Was it Nickyfran?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Runners On Here on 22:54 - Aug 11 with 2443 viewsdeepestgower

Runners On Here on 22:48 - Aug 11 by epaul

Was it Nickyfran?

Yes I think it was. Does he post regularly?
Runners On Here on 13:11 - Aug 12 with 2403 viewsActionBronson

Hi mate

Nicky did the Gower Ultra last year. Toulouse (who posts on here) did the half distance. Very hilly, all terrain type run. It was very muddy the day of the last run, I remember Nicky tweeting some horrendous pics of the conditions!!

I'm doing the half on the same day. I'm not a fan of hills or all terrain, so god knows why I'm doing it...

Best of luck!

My name's Dave Angel, eco warrior. Behind me there is my missus Shirley, and we haven't had sex for twelve years, which is fine because we got better things to do.

Runners On Here on 13:46 - Aug 12 with 2398 viewstoulouse

Extremely tough race, all types of terrain. It had p*ssed down for days before, and the half-marathon is the third race to start, so the muddy parts were really churned up. The weather held most of the way, but the last 2km, through muddy marsh land with horizontal rain was really tough.

I f*cking love Copenhagen.

Runners On Here on 15:20 - Aug 12 with 2381 viewsdeepestgower

Runners On Here on 13:11 - Aug 12 by ActionBronson

Hi mate

Nicky did the Gower Ultra last year. Toulouse (who posts on here) did the half distance. Very hilly, all terrain type run. It was very muddy the day of the last run, I remember Nicky tweeting some horrendous pics of the conditions!!

I'm doing the half on the same day. I'm not a fan of hills or all terrain, so god knows why I'm doing it...

Best of luck!

Thanks for that. Living down the Gower I can practice, covering many parts of the circuit of the marathon. Not sure of the course for some of it.

Tolouse...I can see it starts from Rhosilli (for all 4 races}, for the marathon does it go over Rhosilli Down or along the lower path to Llangennith?

I know the bits that go over Cefn Bryn and then through Nicholson woods to Oxwich then the coastal path to Horton, I've never waked/run from Horton to Rhosilli so very unsure of that bit.

Did you find the race well organised, well sign posted?
Runners On Here on 15:30 - Aug 12 with 2371 viewstoulouse

Runners On Here on 15:20 - Aug 12 by deepestgower

Thanks for that. Living down the Gower I can practice, covering many parts of the circuit of the marathon. Not sure of the course for some of it.

Tolouse...I can see it starts from Rhosilli (for all 4 races}, for the marathon does it go over Rhosilli Down or along the lower path to Llangennith?

I know the bits that go over Cefn Bryn and then through Nicholson woods to Oxwich then the coastal path to Horton, I've never waked/run from Horton to Rhosilli so very unsure of that bit.

Did you find the race well organised, well sign posted?

Over Rhosilli Down towards Llangennith Campsite and onto the beach.

Pretty well organised in fairness, and well sign posted. That's the half though, can't say about the full.

I've done far tougher ones since though

I f*cking love Copenhagen.

Runners On Here on 17:42 - Aug 12 with 2353 viewsdeepestgower

Runners On Here on 15:30 - Aug 12 by toulouse

Pretty well organised in fairness, and well sign posted. That's the half though, can't say about the full.

Thanks for that.
Runners On Here on 17:58 - Aug 12 with 2344 viewsdeepestgower

Runners On Here on 15:30 - Aug 12 by toulouse

Any runs you'd recommend? Starting in September I'm going to try and do an organised run a month, for a year. Swansea Bay 10k Sept, Cardiff Half Oct, Gower Marathon in Nov. Probably do a Santa Jog in Dec with my daughter.

I've signed up to do the Brighton Marathon next April, so have several months that as yet I don't have anything planned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024