Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Bony 14:15 - Aug 19 with 23758 viewsJamesJack

So, we've seen him a few times in a Swans shirt. Wanted to know what everyone thinks about our new No.10 so far?

For me, he seems a good buy (though it's impossible to make accurate judgements after only a few games). He gets himself into good positions, holds the ball up well and long enough that others have time to get into the box or into a good position for a pass, his passing is good and his finishing so far seems to be spot on. Scored 3 in 3 for us now. (would've been 4 if he hadn't been incorrectly flagged offside against Malmo in the 2nd leg). My only problem with him is he's a little sluggish. Seems to have the acceleration of an aircraft carrier. His movement seems quite slow, but apart from that, I've not found much to really be concerned about.

What are your thoughts on him?
Thoughts on Bony on 11:58 - Aug 23 with 2444 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 11:54 - Aug 23 by nickyfran75

He'll be a great player for us. Worrying that he was in a few times last night only for the Spanish player with the ball look for a fellow countryman.

However,

We need a very good back up just for the amount of travelling that he will be doing for International games. That NYC trip has really shown his lack of a pre season.

The voice of reason has arrived

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Thoughts on Bony on 12:02 - Aug 23 with 2430 viewsTom1912

Thoughts on Bony on 09:19 - Aug 23 by monmouth

Only really comes alive in the box.....and that's what we wanted wasn't it?

His touches outside the box were like an elephant in quicksand; his touches inside the box were like a snake on speed. That's what he's there for, that's what he'll do.

I'm sure he'll get sharper in his lay offs too with time, but for me, it's looking very promising in terms of what our team has been missing since Borini cleared off. The others can play the nice football; he can get on the end of it.....and it frees up Michu to be an all round pain in the arris to the opposition. 35 PL goals between them this season I reckon.

This sums up my thoughts nicely...with some metaphors thrown in for good measure
Thoughts on Bony on 12:05 - Aug 23 with 2428 viewsSpratty

Thoughts on Bony on 09:30 - Aug 23 by raynor94

Not suprised by your thoughts at all, you have to be the most negative poster on here, i`m more than pleased with Bony and think he will score 15 easily, poor Bony is going to get the Scotland treatment with some of our fans

If you think Bermudajack is the most negative poster on her your ignore list must be full.

Don't agree with him, but totally entitled to his opinion which he gave in a very fair way (not like those that just slag players off because they don't like them).

A lot happened around Bony that made me groan but such talent too and whilst the oppo defence are all over him the other boys are free to get through. Also he was getting frustrated because he was not getting the service in some obvious situations. Does not need to be the epitomy of perfection just a deadly cog in our wheel coz that's the way Swansea works.

p.s loved Jason Scotland too faults an all (which he did have but far outweighed by his impressive talent). The continual JS haters were just sad given he more than proved his worth to us although I did quietly sigh sometimes as he watched the ball roll by just out of his reach. But once he got that ball what a player
[Post edited 23 Aug 2013 12:11]
Thoughts on Bony on 12:26 - Aug 23 with 2394 viewsSpokenword

1. When he jumps for the ball the guy seems to hang in the air for ages, I'm assuming comes from the awesome power he has from his leg muscles. I'll be suprised that he doesn't score more than 10+ goals from his head alone this year.

2. He loves to go down lol..Not a bad thing because it always gives us field position and a chance to press higher up the pitch. Sometimes he's isolated, so he does the sensible thing for the team.

3. He dont half get into some great positions. Well worth the 12m so far, can't argue with 4 goals in 4 games.
Thoughts on Bony on 12:34 - Aug 23 with 2365 viewsMattG

It's hard to argue with his record so far but I'm still hoping his first touch will improve so that he can bring those around him into play a bit better. Last night, he lost the ball too often and sometimes (seemingly) too easily for my liking.

He also seems to go to ground quite easily at times and last night was no exception although it's difficult to know exactly what sort of pressure the defenders were putting him under. He doesn't quite seem to be as strong or powerful as his appearance suggests.

Notwithstanding all of that, overall I reckon £12m for 20 goals in all competitions would be a decent return and he could well get more than that.
Thoughts on Bony on 12:39 - Aug 23 with 2246 viewsDull1Thomas

Starting to love Bony but he didn't have a great game last night, he seemed incredibly frustrated particularly with crossing from Taylor, Pablo and Poz.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Thoughts on Bony on 12:45 - Aug 23 with 2230 viewsraynor94

Thoughts on Bony on 11:27 - Aug 23 by bermudajack

Me? Negative? You must be joking...

Some people just say what they see! Some call that being negative, some accept other peoples opinions and think " i don't agree but I can see where your coming from"

You sir have now wrongly described me as the most negative poster on here???

Absolutely not, but hey, your entitled to your opinion eh? I'll try not to label you as anything your not.

I was hoping that a new board would have new higher standards than your post, lack of respect for opposing views ill leave you quite frustrated on a football discussion board I would imagine.

If I don't agree with someone I'd like to think I could refer from petty name calling to get my point across.

My observation from the game are valid and lots of posts on this thread back this up, so live with it eh!

Where is the petty name calling? let`s be fair here, you have written a player off before he has even started! he has had no real pre season and is finding his feet with us, yet still manages to score. As i said earlier i feel sorry for him already.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Thoughts on Bony on 12:53 - Aug 23 with 2213 viewsmonmouth

Gerd Muller was the best striker I ever saw, and he did bugger all outside the box. He reckoned it was all about positioning and that he had a radar in his head telling him where to go ("Gerd go this way, Gerd go that way"). Obviously mad as a hatter but it sure worked for him and I think Bony has the same kind of sense. All we need now is to get some of our players to pass to him in the area more often!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on Bony on 13:08 - Aug 23 with 2191 viewswr72

Thoughts on Bony on 12:39 - Aug 23 by Dull1Thomas

Starting to love Bony but he didn't have a great game last night, he seemed incredibly frustrated particularly with crossing from Taylor, Pablo and Poz.

Agreed.Our crossing to him was awful.The only time he's been on the end of a decent cross was his goal against Malmo from Routledge's cross.We need to improve our crossing or we're depriving Bony of 50% of his game.
Thoughts on Bony on 15:27 - Aug 23 with 2112 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 12:05 - Aug 23 by Spratty

If you think Bermudajack is the most negative poster on her your ignore list must be full.

Don't agree with him, but totally entitled to his opinion which he gave in a very fair way (not like those that just slag players off because they don't like them).

A lot happened around Bony that made me groan but such talent too and whilst the oppo defence are all over him the other boys are free to get through. Also he was getting frustrated because he was not getting the service in some obvious situations. Does not need to be the epitomy of perfection just a deadly cog in our wheel coz that's the way Swansea works.

p.s loved Jason Scotland too faults an all (which he did have but far outweighed by his impressive talent). The continual JS haters were just sad given he more than proved his worth to us although I did quietly sigh sometimes as he watched the ball roll by just out of his reach. But once he got that ball what a player
[Post edited 23 Aug 2013 12:11]

I'll never forget Bristol Rovers at home when we went 2 nil down.

Some tw*t kept shouting "get Bauza on get him off". When he proceeded to stick it top bins to make it 2 all I couldn't resist turning round and shouting "yeah take him off he's rubbish isn't he?"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Thoughts on Bony on 16:27 - Aug 23 with 2053 viewssomersetsimon

Thoughts on Bony on 12:39 - Aug 23 by Dull1Thomas

I think part of that is getting used to the rest of the players. Not all the crosses were bad, on a few occasions, he was going near post, when the cross went to the back, and vice versa. A few more games and I'm sure we'll see that sorted out.
Thoughts on Bony on 17:30 - Aug 23 with 2015 viewsdgt73

4 goals already, says it all....

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024