Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long term outlook 19:17 - Aug 25 with 8676 viewsSwanfan1

Laudrup pointed out, despite our good start last season, after 7 games we only had 8 points.

Next 5 fixtures
v West Brom (A)
v Liverpool (H)
v Crystal Palace (A)
v Arsenal (H)
v Southampton (A)

if we can get 2 wins and 2 draws from these sides then we be on the same start as last season.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Long term outlook on 19:48 - Aug 25 with 7143 viewsarfurjob

Im happy with our lot so far...how many genuinely thought we'd get anything from the champions, or anything from a big spending Spurs away from home?

I genuinely thought, bottom after two games.

We played alright today, and undone by a penalty
[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 19:49]
Long term outlook on 19:56 - Aug 25 with 7052 viewsGeoffThom

I love the way people think w brom is a dead cert ,the only points I see there are c palace provided they don't come out all guns blazing like scumdiff
Long term outlook on 19:58 - Aug 25 with 7030 viewsDull1Thomas

The way we have played of late (ManU excluded) I'd take 5 points

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Long term outlook on 20:02 - Aug 25 with 6988 viewsmonmouth

Long term outlook on 19:58 - Aug 25 by Dull1Thomas

Man U excluded??? So just today then? Or didn't you like a 5-1 and 4-0?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Long term outlook on 20:02 - Aug 25 with 6972 viewsGeoffThom

Lets be honest our form in the league since wembley has been crap
Long term outlook on 20:06 - Aug 25 with 6941 viewsJackfath

Long term outlook on 20:02 - Aug 25 by GeoffThom

Lets be honest our form in the league since wembley has been crap

2 wins in 13. I am glad someone else recognises this!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Long term outlook on 20:08 - Aug 25 with 6934 viewsOldjack

Long term outlook on 20:06 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

this is not good

,ps we were poor today aswell

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Long term outlook on 20:11 - Aug 25 with 6896 viewsGeoffThom

Christ didn't know it was that bad could get to 3 after18
Login to get fewer ads

Long term outlook on 20:12 - Aug 25 with 6890 views2face

Long term outlook on 19:58 - Aug 25 by Dull1Thomas

The biggest challenge this year is to not get depressed after the first 6 games from which we will almost certainly get no more than 5 points.

If we do get more than 5 points, I am gonna seriously look at a possible top 6 finish to the season.
Long term outlook on 20:22 - Aug 25 with 6837 viewsCatullus

Really? I think getting our new players match last season's style is a bigger challenge.
We are looser, less compact, worse defensively, too many long balls, too many missed tackles and too many bad decisions.
Hernandez is leaving our left back right in it. He can't tackle.
I think Williams is both distracted (by Arsenal) and feeling the pressure of a malfunctioning midfield.
Bony needs more games. He and Michu need to play together. And we need another striker.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Long term outlook on 20:25 - Aug 25 with 6822 viewsTaffvalerowdy

Long term outlook on 20:06 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

Since we beat QPR 4 v 1 on 9th Feb, we have taken just 9 points from 14 PL matches.

2 wins (Newcastle & Wigan), 3 draws (Norwich, Southampton & Man C) and 9 defeats.

We need something against West Brom - that is far more important than the game in Romania on Thursday.
Long term outlook on 21:49 - Aug 25 with 6517 viewsjazzswan

Needs to br positive!. I hoped we could pip United and sneak A win at spurs. But realistically both were going to be defeats and our first chance of points comes next Sunday at West Brom. i am going to West Brom next Sunday and I am full of optimism.. Maybe a point(want 3) and maybe a point form Love her pool (want 3) but I want 2 points! if we are still on 0 after the 4 ganms.. well..
Long term outlook on 22:12 - Aug 25 with 6425 viewscore

People seriously need to stop being so schizophrenic!

One minute everybody suffers from delusions of grandeur, and the next minute we are apparently on the brink of relegation.

We’ve had a great pre-season and demolished our opponents in the Europe League qualification.

We played a game against Man U. where both central- and side backs were a bit unfocused, and that was ruthlessly punished by van Persie. Otherwise we played a decent game, and nobody could truly believe that the odds favoured us.

Tonight we played away against another incredible team, and with a little luck and a better referee, we might actually have achieved a draw.

That being said, I don’t really think the play style has suited us in these games, though I truly like the intentions. Playing with 3 slow and heavy midfielders with average technique and relying on counterattacking is troublesome. Either it demands that everybody commits in the attacks, which leaves you exposed in the back, and that was the case against Man U. Otherwise it demands really fast and strong wingers to catch the opposition off guard, which doesn’t exactly match the type of wingers at our disposal.

Overall we’ve played much better when returning to a more natural playstyle, though one cannot blame ML for experimenting with tactics, and overall we’ve had some good games against superior opponents. On top of that, players like Bony and Alex (Pozuelo) have constantly evolved, which shows great promise for the future.

Have a little faith
Long term outlook on 00:19 - Aug 26 with 6191 viewsLiam12345

v West Brom (A) WIN
v Liverpool (H) DRAW
v Crystal Palace (A) WIN
v Arsenal (H) DRAW
v Southampton (A) DRAW

9pts

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Long term outlook on 00:38 - Aug 26 with 6156 viewsEbo

This nonsense about believing the pundits that we can actually finish top six needs to stop. Survival again is the most important. We won't finish as high as next season and I will take that any day as long as we survive.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Long term outlook on 06:19 - Aug 26 with 6045 viewslonglostjack

Long term outlook on 22:12 - Aug 25 by core

One minute everybody suffers from delusions of grandeur, and the next minute we are apparently on the brink of relegation.

We’ve had a great pre-season and demolished our opponents in the Europe League qualification.

We played a game against Man U. where both central- and side backs were a bit unfocused, and that was ruthlessly punished by van Persie. Otherwise we played a decent game, and nobody could truly believe that the odds favoured us.

Tonight we played away against another incredible team, and with a little luck and a better referee, we might actually have achieved a draw.

That being said, I don’t really think the play style has suited us in these games, though I truly like the intentions. Playing with 3 slow and heavy midfielders with average technique and relying on counterattacking is troublesome. Either it demands that everybody commits in the attacks, which leaves you exposed in the back, and that was the case against Man U. Otherwise it demands really fast and strong wingers to catch the opposition off guard, which doesn’t exactly match the type of wingers at our disposal.

Overall we’ve played much better when returning to a more natural playstyle, though one cannot blame ML for experimenting with tactics, and overall we’ve had some good games against superior opponents. On top of that, players like Bony and Alex (Pozuelo) have constantly evolved, which shows great promise for the future.

Have a little faith

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Long term outlook on 06:38 - Aug 26 with 6033 viewsLaudrupFan

There is no need for panic. Manc, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool could also have lost to Manu at home and to Spurs away.

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

Long term outlook on 10:15 - Aug 26 with 5733 viewsSpratty

Have a little faith

Good to see a little perspective
Long term outlook on 10:24 - Aug 26 with 5711 viewsSwansforever

Its not how you start but how you finish. Its where we are in May that matters and not in August after 2 games.
Long term outlook on 10:31 - Aug 26 with 5689 viewsPlasticman

Have a little faith

And let us not forget the manners we showed Chelsea the door in the cup last year. As I heard some places commenting on the previous season: "We out-arsenaled Arsenal, and out-chelseaed Chelsea"

Plastic since 2012

Long term outlook on 10:51 - Aug 26 with 5651 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Laudrup out

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Long term outlook on 10:54 - Aug 26 with 5643 viewsJokeren1943

Long term outlook on 00:38 - Aug 26 by Ebo

This nonsense about believing the pundits that we can actually finish top six needs to stop. Survival again is the most important. We won't finish as high as next season and I will take that any day as long as we survive.

So if we do not finish in top 6, we have to be a team who is nr. 17.

What happend to be a top 8-12 team.
Long term outlook on 10:55 - Aug 26 with 5638 viewsDewi1jack

Have a little faith

Can't argue with most of this at all.
Every season, I've been prepared to wait for 10 league games before making judgements, as have a lot of fans.
This year is no different for me at least.
New players, new systems all need time to bed in and become beautiful Swans. The league is a marathon, not a 2 game sprint ffs.
We will always be a team that is relegation threatened at the start of a season. So will possibly another 13 or 14 teams. ML keeps stating there are 2 leagues in the Prem, wish some people would listen.
There are no easy games/ points. A team has to fight for all its points, all season.
On another day, with a different ref, we may have come away from WHL with a point, with Townsend booked/ sent off for diving.
I don't see anything to overly worry too much at the mo. Will look for the next 8 games. If we're still at 0 points then, then it's going to be a long season, with each game feeling like it's 4 days long!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Long term outlook on 11:12 - Aug 26 with 5590 viewsCatullus

I haven't been schizo!!!

I have been slated for being negative. I thought that was unfair as it has shown so far this season, we are not a top 6 team yet.....if we ever will be.

I think maybe the team has believed some of the hype. There has been a lax attitude by one or two, though Hernandez only looks keen when he has the ball and JDG always looks lax, it's just how he rolls.
I'm not concerned by losing to the Mancs or Spurs, I'm more concerned with how we played (as I have already said here and elsewhere) We need to be tighter, our passing needs to improve and we need to make more of our possession. Shelvey needs to think a bit more and not look for the "Hail Mary" pass so often. If you don't know what a Hail Mary is, ask Davillin!!
I don't see the point in not playing Bony, if he isn't fit to start, he isn't fit for the bench. And if he's had a knock, isn't it better to start him and see how he goes than bring him on and maybe lose him after 5 minutes? It's a waste of a sub.
Just my opinion!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Long term outlook on 12:27 - Aug 26 with 5505 viewsPureRockFury

Long-term we're still looking good.

It's a bit odd how it was seemingly accepted that we'd probably get 0 points from the first 2 games - then when this does actually transpire it's seen as a bit of a disaster...Of course, we all hoped we'd pick up a couple of points in those games after a good pre-season and defeats hurt just as much whether expected or not, but there's more than one way to skin a cat, and we're going to have to work our way up the table this season unlike last season when the QPR and West Ham openers gave us the chance to be up there from the start and avoid early season jitters. We may end up having to do it like Southampton last season - very tough start leading to bottom 3 for a while, before climbing the table (hopefully without the sacking of the manager aspect though....)

The quality is there in the squad, I'm sure we've got funds should we need to strengthen in January. Over 38 games we'll comfortably get enough points to attain mid-table, we just might have to go about it a different way this year, with a slow start and big finish.

Even the bad times were good.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024