Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days 17:43 - Sep 17 with 8045 viewsdgt73

I was talking to one of the sky engineers last night, and he told me that apart from man u chelsea and the other top 6 clubs, the liberty is now where sky want to broadcast from for Pl games. Great to hear.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 17:57 - Sep 17 with 7966 viewsWhiterockin

After the work in the summer it's just plug in to go. Lazy burgers.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 18:30 - Sep 17 with 7834 viewsCatullus

Would that be because we (and despite the moans about it not being so good these days) actually generate an atmosphere and we rarely give them a boring match?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 18:37 - Sep 17 with 7808 viewsreddythered

The engineers also like to be treated well. We apparently used to give them slap up meals hence they liked coming to us.

Spoke to one, he was saying at some grounds they'd get given a packet of sandwiches from the supermarket.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 18:48 - Sep 17 with 7760 viewsmonmouth

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 18:37 - Sep 17 by reddythered

The engineers also like to be treated well. We apparently used to give them slap up meals hence they liked coming to us.

Spoke to one, he was saying at some grounds they'd get given a packet of sandwiches from the supermarket.

Aye.

Shame no fecker outside cardiff would want to pay to watch your lot play.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 19:17 - Sep 17 with 7619 viewsdgt73

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 18:37 - Sep 17 by reddythered

Your missing the point, the engineer was talking about sky sports not what the staff get to eat or how they are treated.

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 20:04 - Sep 17 with 7463 viewsreddythered

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 19:17 - Sep 17 by dgt73

Your missing the point, the engineer was talking about sky sports not what the staff get to eat or how they are treated.

And you're missing the point I was making, which is that some clubs treat Sky staff better than others, not entirely related to the thread I know, but...

To be entirely honest, the engineers just do what they are told, go where they are told. Not sure they are privvy to Sky game decision making.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2013 20:05]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 20:34 - Sep 17 with 7346 viewsdgt73

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 20:04 - Sep 17 by reddythered

And you're missing the point I was making, which is that some clubs treat Sky staff better than others, not entirely related to the thread I know, but...

To be entirely honest, the engineers just do what they are told, go where they are told. Not sure they are privvy to Sky game decision making.

Lets be honest, if you were from lets say the usa or spain or timbuktu who outside the top six would you want to watch cardiff, Sunderland, stoke or Swansea and im sure the decision makers at sky think the same.

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 22:21 - Sep 17 with 7098 viewsCatullus

So we have 4 games on live by December because we give the engineers good food?

Good try reddy!
Maybe we'll get the full ten this season, maybe more if we're doing well.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 22:42 - Sep 17 with 7010 viewsreddythered

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 20:34 - Sep 17 by dgt73

Lets be honest, if you were from lets say the usa or spain or timbuktu who outside the top six would you want to watch cardiff, Sunderland, stoke or Swansea and im sure the decision makers at sky think the same.

Decision makers at Sky naturally favour the big clubs. Any other... well, it's often pot luck at times.

You can have two "great" teams and the game can end up dull. Liverpool - Man Utd cup final springs to mind years ago.

Tbh, think you'll find most foreign audiences couldn't really give a toss about teams outside the big five.

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 22:43 - Sep 17 with 7007 viewsreddythered

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 22:21 - Sep 17 by Catullus

So we have 4 games on live by December because we give the engineers good food?

Good try reddy!
Maybe we'll get the full ten this season, maybe more if we're doing well.

Nope, learn to read my post properly. My point was referring to engineers preferring certain clubs over others due to treatment which is completely separate from the decison making as to which matches are broadcast live.

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 22:46 - Sep 17 with 6988 viewsJackoBoostardo

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 20:04 - Sep 17 by reddythered

Swansea for broadcasting an excellent game of football - Ideal for Sky Sports

Cardiff for a car crash version cross-over between The Valleys and a kick about in a park - Ideal for Channel 5 at 2am.

Let logic triumph I say.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 09:50 - Sep 18 with 6515 viewssunshinehead

As far as I know, Sky provides it's own catering for staff. Arsenal is the only place where club caterers look after technical crew.

As for turning up and plugging in, almost every PL cub has had it's permanent installation rewired this summer. Cardiff who'd never had an installation have a brand new one which is as good as any other.
It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 17:46 - Sep 18 with 6186 viewsreddythered

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 09:50 - Sep 18 by sunshinehead

As far as I know, Sky provides it's own catering for staff. Arsenal is the only place where club caterers look after technical crew.

As for turning up and plugging in, almost every PL cub has had it's permanent installation rewired this summer. Cardiff who'd never had an installation have a brand new one which is as good as any other.

Was only going on what a Sky engineer said. Was a good few years ago at Ninian to be fair, things may have changed.

AFAIK, the perm installations mentioned are a Prem requirement, we needed to get out TV gantry sorted out this off season, along with a number of other things such as both dressing rooms needing to be same size with identical facilities.

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 18:11 - Sep 18 with 6126 viewssunshinehead

That is correct. Cardiff now has a large new gantry whereas previously it was up a crappy ladder through a hole onto the platform on the opposite stand.
It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 18:27 - Sep 18 with 6087 viewsreddythered

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 18:11 - Sep 18 by sunshinehead

That is correct. Cardiff now has a large new gantry whereas previously it was up a crappy ladder through a hole onto the platform on the opposite stand.

Not totally true - that was at Ninian. We had a camera area opposing the Grandstand at CCS, also used in conjunction with a smaller gantry above the Grandstand which was extended.

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 22:04 - Sep 18 with 5783 viewsepaul

Chiswick will know he works for them, Ill ask him when I see him, prob Sunday

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 09:59 - Sep 19 with 5376 viewsTheClash

I think most people are confused with scumdiff are they the Bluebirds are they Redtits. I can also see a problem when they change their name as Tingtong has in mind The Cardiff Dragons or the malaysian Dragons. I think the Cardiff Sellouts has a better ring to it.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 10:23 - Sep 19 with 5328 viewssunshinehead

It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 22:04 - Sep 18 by epaul

Chiswick will know he works for them, Ill ask him when I see him, prob Sunday

He's not the only one and if he goes out to games I may know him. Make sure you ask him. As for the new gantry at Cardiff, it us definitely in the opposite stand, having worked in both.
It looks llike Swansea is the place to be these days on 13:22 - Sep 19 with 5066 viewsRamblinJack

Simple. Number of viewers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024