Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So 22:07 - Sep 19 with 7814 viewsnelly2605

Many years ago I followed Swansea to places like Orient,Barnet and York. I decided to stop going when my eldest was born and John Hollins was in charge. Every penny I had was important to my new born child and footy was secondary. My love for Swansea dwindled,a team I loved so much,but it didn't seem so important any more. Tonight makes me think I missed out on the real journey of the true fall and rise and Swansea City. I was there at the depths of despair,but missed out on the highs of Wembley(x2) etc,my point being YOUR LUCKY BASTARDS.
So on 03:31 - Sep 20 with 7646 viewsJoeSoccerFan

I agree; as a newby, I am jealous of the bastards that were able to experience the journey seeing this team rise through the ranks to their current success: stability in PL; getting to Europe; convincing performance getting to group stage.

But, we're not done yet. I'm hoping for more success - Champions League. It may take 20 years to get there. But if the Club is fiscally responsible, continues to grow the team with better players and never loses their core values, it could be possible.

Nelly - thanks for posting this. No one is going to (or should not) berate you for prioritizing your family over the Swans. Your kids are only young once - invest the time in them. I hope that you are able to find some time (and cash) to re-ignite your love/passion and get to a match.
So on 09:10 - Sep 20 with 7514 viewsjohnlangy

Sometimes I don't mind being called a bastard.

John
So on 09:29 - Sep 20 with 7473 viewsmonmouth

Luckily I was 400 miles away so watched the Hollins years the more entertaining way on ceefax.

Here's a random memory, not from the dismal days but the Burrows years. I was abroad but coincidentally and amazingly in Newcastle at the same time that Swans played a cup match there in the early 90s. Everyone expected us to be swatted (and we were eventually) but first minute Hayes through one on one, horses it up. I thought, you plank Hayes, that's it, we could have shocked the TV reporters to their roots and everyone would have sat up and taken notice of little Swansea for a few minutes at least.

Now we're creaming Valencia away.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

So on 09:48 - Sep 20 with 7459 viewsDarran

I do actually miss some of the old grounds especially places like Bristol Rovers,Cheltenham and Kidderminster,but at the end of the day f*ck em.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So on 09:52 - Sep 20 with 7438 viewsperchrockjack

Disagree.Nowt nice about going to the likes of Springfield feckPark on a wet afternoon.

They were NOT in any way good days.

Its over and we are re born and will be nutured and grow into a Welsh Colossus

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

So on 09:55 - Sep 20 with 7423 viewsairedale

I liked the Championship. Best fun I've ever had.
So on 10:02 - Sep 20 with 7389 viewsDarran

So on 09:52 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

Disagree.Nowt nice about going to the likes of Springfield feckPark on a wet afternoon.

You don't miss going away to the likes of Bristol Rovers,Cheltenham and Kidderminster?

So on 11:03 - Sep 20 with 7293 viewsGowerjack

So on 09:29 - Sep 20 by monmouth

Luckily I was 400 miles away so watched the Hollins years the more entertaining way on ceefax.

Here's a random memory, not from the dismal days but the Burrows years. I was abroad but coincidentally and amazingly in Newcastle at the same time that Swans played a cup match there in the early 90s. Everyone expected us to be swatted (and we were eventually) but first minute Hayes through one on one, horses it up. I thought, you plank Hayes, that's it, we could have shocked the TV reporters to their roots and everyone would have sat up and taken notice of little Swansea for a few minutes at least.

Now we're creaming Valencia away.

I was at that game...

Hayes fuc ked it up BIG time

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

So on 11:05 - Sep 20 with 7282 viewsSnowgoon

So on 09:55 - Sep 20 by airedale

I liked the Championship. Best fun I've ever had.

This

Listen, you f*cking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your f*cking Jacobs off

So on 11:22 - Sep 20 with 7238 viewsWarwickHunt

So on 11:03 - Sep 20 by Gowerjack

I was at that game...

Hayes fuc ked it up BIG time

Michu would have scored that with his c0ck.
So on 13:30 - Sep 20 with 7133 viewsDaithejack

Having had a season ticket since 1977 there were some good times on the way to where we are now and I got to admit I did enjoy the championship, but on whole watching us be s#%t for the best part of 30 years was highly overated, LOL. Cant believe this is my team I'm watching at the moment still think I'm going to wake up at any moment, so I urge every Swans fan to make the most of it, every game should be a sell out whether its the league, europe or the domestic cups we should be queing round the block for tickets and seeing them as often as possible in the flesh because believe me we won't know what we have until its gone!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

So on 18:45 - Sep 20 with 6973 viewsCatullus

I saw the Toshack years through young eyes. Then I saw over 20 years of mostly dross. Because of that I truly appreciate what we have now.
But I have some incredible memories. Even from the worst of times.
I made lifelong friends, I lost one to a heart attack, I saw places I never want to see again and some I do. I've met loads of opposition fans who were mostly great.
It's been an experience. And the ride (eventually) became a world class experience.
I wouldn't change a thing. Not any of it.

Who are we?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

So on 01:13 - Sep 21 with 6855 viewsTNT

Great post nelly.

I couldn't make it to Valencia (due to my job), but I was at Malmo and Ploiesti.

I feel so proud of our team's win at Valencia that I cannot feel aggrieved at not being there at the moment, though it will hurt me in time!

Like yourself, I've followed The Swans during the bad / hard times.

Don't underestimate your commitment to your family / eldest son - good on you mate.

UJB!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

So on 15:47 - Sep 21 with 6672 viewsjandyt

So on 09:52 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

Sorry Perchy, can't agree with that. Some of those days defined what we are now as a club. During those years, I forged lots of genuinely good friendships which following us at more glamorous places wouldn't have happened. The feeling of all suffering together to watch games at Springfield Park, Moss Rose, the Shay and many others bonded many of us together. Plenty of people I knew from the dark days were out there and all pleased to bump into each other.

I don't want to go back to those days, but I have loads of happy memories from those games- often despite the football!

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

So on 16:10 - Sep 21 with 6631 viewsDarran

So on 15:47 - Sep 21 by jandyt

Sorry Perchy, can't agree with that. Some of those days defined what we are now as a club. During those years, I forged lots of genuinely good friendships which following us at more glamorous places wouldn't have happened. The feeling of all suffering together to watch games at Springfield Park, Moss Rose, the Shay and many others bonded many of us together. Plenty of people I knew from the dark days were out there and all pleased to bump into each other.

I don't want to go back to those days, but I have loads of happy memories from those games- often despite the football!

Away games like Cambridge losing 3-0 at halftime and equalising in the last minute from Steve Watkin and losing 2-0 at Peterborough and coming back to win 3-2 were magnificent times.

So on 16:21 - Sep 21 with 6606 viewsLilleFlue

Yes of course football is still just football even if it's with better quality on your team
So on 16:29 - Sep 21 with 6580 viewsSpratty

So on 09:48 - Sep 20 by Darran

I do actually miss some of the old grounds especially places like Bristol Rovers,Cheltenham and Kidderminster,but at the end of the day f*ck em.

Just so much more personal like Crawley and preseason.

Totally different atmosphere.

Seems much more romantic when looking at it in the glow of the PL and Europa.
So on 20:21 - Sep 21 with 6475 viewsnelly2605

So on 16:10 - Sep 21 by Darran

Away games like Cambridge losing 3-0 at halftime and equalising in the last minute from Steve Watkin and losing 2-0 at Peterborough and coming back to win 3-2 were magnificent times.

Loved the Peterbro' game,we hadn't conceded for about 5 months,but were 2 down by half time. All 5 goals scored down by the Swans fans,great day.
So on 21:05 - Sep 22 with 6350 viewsjandyt

So on 16:10 - Sep 21 by Darran

Posh was particularly good, but so were a number of others- coming back from 2-0 down to beat West Brom 3-2 with a...get this...Steve Thornber hat-trick, but even some of the games we lost I had a great time because of the people I was with.

As I said earlier though- I wouldn't want to go back to some of those days though. I do get more excited by cup ties at places like Crawley than some of the bigger games though- especially if I haven't been to the ground before!

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024