Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum V Spurs 11:11 - Sep 21 with 40509 viewsTheClash

Go on Siggy get a hatrick and do the Swimaway

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Scum V Spurs on 18:15 - Sep 22 with 4174 viewsVetchitBack

Scum V Spurs on 18:14 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

Depends whether or not the stories I've heard are true.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Scum V Spurs on 18:17 - Sep 22 with 4157 viewslovejuicejack

Ooooooooooooooh ...... I NEVER FELT MORE LIKE KICKING THE BLUES, WHEN SWANSEA WIN AND CARDIFF LOSE, OH SWANSEA .....
Scum V Spurs on 18:27 - Sep 22 with 4062 viewsNOTRAC

Almost surreal for long periods when Spurs seemed to line up for shooting practice against Marshall.Cardiff almost made them pay for what appeared to be utter complacency on two or three occasions,but that goal in extra time will knock their confidence back a million miles.
Thirty mill is a lot to spend and I am sure their ridiculous owner won't be feeling too pleased at their league position at the moment.Welcome to the real world where all the red and dragons won't help you one shit.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Scum V Spurs on 18:35 - Sep 22 with 3994 viewssomersetsimon

Scum V Spurs on 17:54 - Sep 22 by Herohead

1-0 spurs

Ah, that must be heart-breaking...

I think Cardiff's start to the season looks like a lot of recent promoted teams. A good few early results down to hard work and enthusiasm, but not an awful lot of quality.
Scum V Spurs on 18:36 - Sep 22 with 3975 viewsmawdlamjack

Scum V Spurs on 18:15 - Sep 22 by VetchitBack

what stories doc, do tell all

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Scum V Spurs on 18:43 - Sep 22 with 3860 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Scum V Spurs on 18:14 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

Depends whether or not the stories I've heard are true.

I'm intrigued. Come on Doc, don't leave us hanging.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Scum V Spurs on 18:46 - Sep 22 with 3836 viewsDr_Winston

Scum V Spurs on 18:36 - Sep 22 by mawdlamjack

what stories doc, do tell all

Bit of a Keith Gillespie allegedly.

Got himself arrested twice down here so it's not hard to believe that he's high maintenance.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scum V Spurs on 19:12 - Sep 22 with 3678 viewsorion3016

Scum V Spurs on 18:46 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

Bit of a Keith Gillespie allegedly.

Got himself arrested twice down here so it's not hard to believe that he's high maintenance.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I also heard he got some major gambling issues and spurs were glad to get rid

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

Scum V Spurs on 19:21 - Sep 22 with 3609 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Scum V Spurs on 19:12 - Sep 22 by orion3016

I also heard he got some major gambling issues and spurs were glad to get rid

This is true I suspect. A few of my mates would see him in Aspers and the Grosvenor with ridiculous frequency.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Scum V Spurs on 19:21 - Sep 22 with 3607 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 18:13 - Sep 22 by dgt73

I agree, they offer nothing in the opposition's half, just park the bus. Id rather watch paint dry.

Spurs probably have the best squad in the division.

Yes, we defended. Christ did we defend - f*** Mel Gibson, David Marshall is Braveheart.

Saying we offered nothing? Wishful thinking? Campbell had that one on one. The disallowed goal. Odemwingie just wide. Gunarsson wasted two great chances inside the penalty area by blasting over.

It was always going to be a tough season, Spurs epitomised the difference between Champ and Prem. We still, for the most part kept them to shots from outside the area so how can you realistically fault the tactics defensively? Going forward we had the chances, didn't take them.

There were definite good signs there. Played well defensively, quality keeper, Kim and Medel were immense.

I'd say that so far this sason there are at least 3 teams worse than us, long may that continue.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Scum V Spurs on 19:27 - Sep 22 with 3558 viewsPozuelosSideys

Scum V Spurs on 19:21 - Sep 22 by reddythered

Yes, we defended. Christ did we defend - f*** Mel Gibson, David Marshall is Braveheart.

Saying we offered nothing? Wishful thinking? Campbell had that one on one. The disallowed goal. Odemwingie just wide. Gunarsson wasted two great chances inside the penalty area by blasting over.

It was always going to be a tough season, Spurs epitomised the difference between Champ and Prem. We still, for the most part kept them to shots from outside the area so how can you realistically fault the tactics defensively? Going forward we had the chances, didn't take them.

There were definite good signs there. Played well defensively, quality keeper, Kim and Medel were immense.

I'd say that so far this sason there are at least 3 teams worse than us, long may that continue.

Dude, you were at home and they had 29 shots. You had 6 with none on target according to the Beeb.

I know its only stats, but playing that way becomes a habit, and its not one which will keep you up!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Scum V Spurs on 19:31 - Sep 22 with 3529 viewsskippyjack

.. Marshall kept the score respectable ffs.. Spurs deserved at least 5 goals. I'm a neutral viewer an all

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Scum V Spurs on 19:32 - Sep 22 with 3510 viewssunshinehead

Possession
Cardiff 37% v Spurs 63%

Shots
Cardiff 6 v Spurs 29

On target
Cardiff 0 v Spurs 12

Corners
Cardiff 2 v Spurs 12

With stats like that for A PL home game the writing is already on the wall I'm afraid.
Scum V Spurs on 19:35 - Sep 22 with 3483 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 19:27 - Sep 22 by PozuelosSideys

Dude, you were at home and they had 29 shots. You had 6 with none on target according to the Beeb.

I know its only stats, but playing that way becomes a habit, and its not one which will keep you up!

And again, Spurs are a quality outfit, I'd expect them to challege for the title this season. The games against the top clubs are going to be outliers. Those games we have to defend, it's not a case of going out there to park the bus it's a case of teams like Spurs imposing themselves on us. Throwing everyone forward in those cases would be footballing suicide.

29 shots to me seemed low, it was like something out of Zulu. Kept our shape, got the bodies in there keeping most of their shots to being from outside the area which in the case of being dominated is really the best anyone can hope for. Marshall was excellent for those that got through.

Thankfully we're not going to play Spurs every week. So far we've given top teams a game at home which is about as much as we could ask for. Medel was everywhere, Kim showed some excellent touches during the game. Yes, the squad needs work - I fully suspect Bellamy to retire at the end of the season because imo he's shot. The pace has gone. I'd probably expect Odemwingie to start for him sooner rather than later, Kadeem Harris possibly being a longer term replacement.

Again, we created 5-6 good chances. The Gunarsson misses were howlers, needed to get over the ball keep it low, Lloris would not have got to them. Snatched, blasted over.

If it was a case of parking the bus and not creating any chances at all then I'd be worried.

I suspect we'll just about gather enough points to stay up which is all anyone can realistically expect.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Scum V Spurs on 19:38 - Sep 22 with 3460 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 19:31 - Sep 22 by skippyjack

.. Marshall kept the score respectable ffs.. Spurs deserved at least 5 goals. I'm a neutral viewer an all

Hence my praise of Marshall.

Like it or not, we still did create chances. If any of those had been taken...

Spurs were the better side. Spurs are a way better side than virtually all the sides in the division.

We'll play worse and sneak points against some sides. We'll play better and lose against some sides. Way too early to generalise.

Scum V Spurs on 19:45 - Sep 22 with 3420 viewsPozuelosSideys

Scum V Spurs on 19:35 - Sep 22 by reddythered

And again, Spurs are a quality outfit, I'd expect them to challege for the title this season. The games against the top clubs are going to be outliers. Those games we have to defend, it's not a case of going out there to park the bus it's a case of teams like Spurs imposing themselves on us. Throwing everyone forward in those cases would be footballing suicide.

29 shots to me seemed low, it was like something out of Zulu. Kept our shape, got the bodies in there keeping most of their shots to being from outside the area which in the case of being dominated is really the best anyone can hope for. Marshall was excellent for those that got through.

Thankfully we're not going to play Spurs every week. So far we've given top teams a game at home which is about as much as we could ask for. Medel was everywhere, Kim showed some excellent touches during the game. Yes, the squad needs work - I fully suspect Bellamy to retire at the end of the season because imo he's shot. The pace has gone. I'd probably expect Odemwingie to start for him sooner rather than later, Kadeem Harris possibly being a longer term replacement.

Again, we created 5-6 good chances. The Gunarsson misses were howlers, needed to get over the ball keep it low, Lloris would not have got to them. Snatched, blasted over.

If it was a case of parking the bus and not creating any chances at all then I'd be worried.

I suspect we'll just about gather enough points to stay up which is all anyone can realistically expect.

True. You may not play Spurs every week, but then again, you wont be able to defend like that every week. Some sides will just turn up and find it easier to break you down from the off. A bit like Everton and Norwich have been able to do to us.

If im honest, on the rare times you went forward, i thought you caused them problems. Gunnarsson (sp?) should have done better and i didnt see whatshisface's effort. Hope you play that way against us mind!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Scum V Spurs on 19:51 - Sep 22 with 3396 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 19:45 - Sep 22 by PozuelosSideys

True. You may not play Spurs every week, but then again, you wont be able to defend like that every week. Some sides will just turn up and find it easier to break you down from the off. A bit like Everton and Norwich have been able to do to us.

If im honest, on the rare times you went forward, i thought you caused them problems. Gunnarsson (sp?) should have done better and i didnt see whatshisface's effort. Hope you play that way against us mind!

Yeah. This game in particular we had to defend for our lives tbh, Spurs I believe will win the title this season. Even looking at their bench terrified me.

Think there still is better to come going forward, I'd personally be close to dropping Bellamy, the key part of the game, his pace is gone. And I'd personally shoot everyone missing good chances. It is encouraging we are creating chances but that's pointless if we don't take them.

Scum V Spurs on 19:58 - Sep 22 with 3352 viewsskippyjack

Scum V Spurs on 19:51 - Sep 22 by reddythered

Yeah. This game in particular we had to defend for our lives tbh, Spurs I believe will win the title this season. Even looking at their bench terrified me.

Think there still is better to come going forward, I'd personally be close to dropping Bellamy, the key part of the game, his pace is gone. And I'd personally shoot everyone missing good chances. It is encouraging we are creating chances but that's pointless if we don't take them.

You didn't defend well though.. Marshall defended well.. you reminded me of Reading down the liberty last season.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Scum V Spurs on 20:04 - Sep 22 with 3295 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 19:58 - Sep 22 by skippyjack

You didn't defend well though.. Marshall defended well.. you reminded me of Reading down the liberty last season.

Players were throwing their bodies in the way of a hell of a lot of shots. Minimised the nailed on, have to be a donkey to miss chances anyway.

Scum V Spurs on 20:08 - Sep 22 with 3263 viewsUxbridge

Decent sides don't concede 30 shots at home. Spurs are top 4 material but they're no better than the rest of the top 6 really.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Scum V Spurs on 20:11 - Sep 22 with 3235 viewsexiledclaseboy

I didn't think Spurs were anything special today. Certainly not title winning material. They were decent though but if Cardiff's game plan is always going to be defend deep and hope something happens at the other end they're going to struggle.

Although Spurs' keeper should have been sent off today early on.

Poll: Tory leader

Scum V Spurs on 20:15 - Sep 22 with 3211 viewsdgt73

After 35 mins the guy on ssn said cardiff had a half change after 5 mins but since then cardiff couldn't get out of they're own half and was amazed that spurs were not winning.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:15 - Sep 22 with 3211 viewsdgt73

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Scum V Spurs on 20:17 - Sep 22 with 3196 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 20:08 - Sep 22 by Uxbridge

Decent sides don't concede 30 shots at home. Spurs are top 4 material but they're no better than the rest of the top 6 really.

As you guys remind us, we've just been promoted, full of Championship players yadda yadda.

Wou;d you expect anything else?

Top 6 teams aren't our competition, the teams around us are.

Yes, Marshall kept us in it with some great saves. He didn't make 29 saves in the game, which is why stats aren't a great thing to go off. The bulk of the shots were thankfully blocked or off target as taken from outside area.

Regardless, Spurs deserved the win, getting a draw would've been a great result.

Campbell with the one on one, the two Gunarsson misses. Those get taken, we're 3-0 up. Who would care about the stats in that instance?

Which is my point. We had chances. We didn't take them. Spurs, for all their dominance needed a late goal for the win. If we'd created nothing all game, then I'd get worried. As it stands, my view so far is that we can make things difficult for the better sides. We're competitive with other teams. Improve our composure in front of goal, we'll be safe. Especially if Sunderland don't fire Di Canio. Finishing 17th will do for me.

Scum V Spurs on 20:25 - Sep 22 with 3150 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Scum V Spurs on 20:17 - Sep 22 by reddythered

As you guys remind us, we've just been promoted, full of Championship players yadda yadda.

Wou;d you expect anything else?

Top 6 teams aren't our competition, the teams around us are.

Yes, Marshall kept us in it with some great saves. He didn't make 29 saves in the game, which is why stats aren't a great thing to go off. The bulk of the shots were thankfully blocked or off target as taken from outside area.

Regardless, Spurs deserved the win, getting a draw would've been a great result.

Campbell with the one on one, the two Gunarsson misses. Those get taken, we're 3-0 up. Who would care about the stats in that instance?

Which is my point. We had chances. We didn't take them. Spurs, for all their dominance needed a late goal for the win. If we'd created nothing all game, then I'd get worried. As it stands, my view so far is that we can make things difficult for the better sides. We're competitive with other teams. Improve our composure in front of goal, we'll be safe. Especially if Sunderland don't fire Di Canio. Finishing 17th will do for me.

Deluded as always
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024