Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view 18:46 - Oct 19 with 11692 viewstreboethjack

Apparently it's very impressive.
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-liberty-stadium-as-an-away-fan.825368/

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 20:29 - Oct 19 with 2332 viewsDarran

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 20:28 - Oct 19 by ScoobyWho

Yes, the away end.

No the home end.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 20:57 - Oct 19 with 2287 viewsjandyt

The truth is far too many people moan about a lack of tickets which may have been a fair comment the season before last and also the big games against Man Utd, Lverpool, Arsenal and soon, but a lot of people moan about tickets until they have to buy them as well. Europa League games are a case in point. I'm to having a go at the poster who has a 5 year old daughter, but I know season ticket holders who didn't go to the European games for a variety of reasons, but reading between the lines was that they didn't want to spend money for a televised game that wasn't covered by a season ticket. There will always be valid reasons why individuals can't make games, but for everyone who has a valid reason, there'll be a dozen or more who have excuses.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 21:55 - Oct 19 with 2245 viewsstackajack

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 20:26 - Oct 19 by Jackfath

Who's fishing "fella"?

Someone calls me a tosser, I am happy to discuss the issues why they feel like that, but as is often the case people are happy to say things like that then when challenged hide.

Nope you are happy to try and instigate inane debate.

Calling you a tosser was uncalled for and over the top.

You are a bore but I guess you need an outlet for your obvious frustrations 'fella'
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 21:58 - Oct 19 with 2233 viewsJackfath

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 21:55 - Oct 19 by stackajack

Nope you are happy to try and instigate inane debate.

Calling you a tosser was uncalled for and over the top.

You are a bore but I guess you need an outlet for your obvious frustrations 'fella'

Inane debate? Its a football forum. Isn't all the debate on here inane depending on your viewpoint? It was over the top, however people can call me names like that if the wish, just have the brains to be able to explain why you've come to that conclusion. As for my frustrations, would you like to elaborate on what you perceive those to be?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 07:57 - Oct 20 with 2157 viewsDDCH

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 19:57 - Oct 19 by Darran

If you think i'm on a wind up you're sadly mistaken.
We can't sell out for a premier league game and its sadly pathetic even if your mates need to hold hands with each other to go to a game.

Are you really being serious because if you are i'm pissing myself?

Sorry to hear of your incontinence. Can be an embarrassing condition, but your GP can offer some help.

What you fail to remember is that most of any clubs support are not die hards. They are there for a good day out. If they were all there for the purity of the football, then you would not see anyone having a drink before through fear of dulling their senses.

As others have said, they don't want to send their children off to other ends of the stadia. If I took my Mrs, she would want to sit by me, and a group of lads out for a few drinks and banter would preferable want to sit with their mates. This does not make them weird, or in need of holding hands as you implied......it just makes them normal.

How many threads have there been on Swans forums since we left the vetch calling for a unassigned seating area? why do you think that is? maybe it is so they can pick the stranger they want to sit by.

My main point is that I would rather see a 35k seater with 15k kids for a quid, as they are the future. It's nice for all us season ticket holders that we're alright week in week out, but the next generation of Swans fans aren't coming.....and it's mainly through ticket availability/price.

I lost my season ticket the season we got promoted, as was being made redundant. I was lucky enough to get it back this season. The last 2 seasons I always managed to get tickets to the 'lesser' games but for some reason the big names were often sold out when I logged in the second they went on sale. I have personally heard people say 'F**k 'em...I did Stoke and Wigan but can't do Arsenal....not bothering again' This is again the non die hard nature of most of fans...of any club.

Ridicule away

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 08:16 - Oct 20 with 2135 viewswr72

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 19:43 - Oct 19 by DDCH

Some desperate wind up attempts to boost the failing forum.

People want to buy tickets with their friends, so wont bother if they can't sit with their mates and will go to the pub.

People can't take their kids or if they can get a ticket they can send their little ones off on their own to sit in another part of the stadia....usually next to the away fans.

We need a bigger stadia to attract bigger crowds end of. I am a ST holder, but hope to be able to take my little girl when she is a bit older, but at the moment that is not going to happen due to capacity. I'd rather see us with a 35k stadium with 15k kids for a quid. Those kids will become life long fans. I started watching the club after a free ticket to the Jewson family stand came my way in School.....one lost ticket revenue for the club has resulted in 20+ seasons of constant revenue.

It's not just as simple as the attendance figure.

This sums it up perfectly for me.
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 08:46 - Oct 20 with 2111 viewsDr_Winston

I'm amazed that there are still people out there who don't think we need to expand. We will not grow as a club without it. We cannot.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:19 - Oct 20 with 2079 viewsPureRockFury

It's mind-boggling to still read people doubting the need to expand the stadium/club.

Top posting from DDCH on this thread. Sensible, grown-up opinions like that totally blow out of the water the childish petty arguments thrown around by those who leap on poor crowds for cup games and a few empty seats in the league here and there.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool et al frequently have thousands of empty seats for cup games, it's the nature of football, picking up on it as if we're some unique case is childish, I don't care if we hadn't been in Europe for a 1000 years, a Thursday night group game live on TV against a team no f*cker has ever heard of in a competition nobody gives a sh*t about unless they're in it - and even then most don't - is unlikely to be a sell-out for us, Man Utd, Arsenal, Risca f*cking Athletic or anyone else.

Arsenal have what? thousands, tens of thousands on the waiting list for season tickets, yet have thousands of empty seats for some cup games. What does that tell you? The league is the priority, the regular income, the benchmark for where we are in terms of demand for tickets and judging capacity for growth, and I'd guess we're at around 99.5% capacity (home fans) for league games since getting to the Prem, and I'm sure we all know loads of people who would go/be taken if they were, as DDCH says, not limited to trying to scrape single tickets to sit on their own in the North Stand, but could go with their mates or take their kids etc.

Even the bad times were good.

Login to get fewer ads

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:32 - Oct 20 with 2067 viewswr72

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 08:46 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

I'm amazed that there are still people out there who don't think we need to expand. We will not grow as a club without it. We cannot.

Any idea why that is? It baffles me.
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:34 - Oct 20 with 2063 viewsexiledclaseboy

£35 a ticket isn't helping. Anyone wanting to go to this week's three home games will have to fork out the best part of £100 for the privilege. That's quite some outlay to watch football.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:37 - Oct 20 with 2052 viewswr72

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:34 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

£35 a ticket isn't helping. Anyone wanting to go to this week's three home games will have to fork out the best part of £100 for the privilege. That's quite some outlay to watch football.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If we expanded then maybe,just maybe we could drop ticket prices a little.Or am i way off the mark and the club will want to maximize profit.
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:38 - Oct 20 with 2047 viewsGrandPrix

I blame Ki, without him we have lost his fanatical followers who would have filled the empty seats

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:39 - Oct 20 with 2045 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'd hope that would be the way to go. More seats would mean they could reduce prices and make it more affordable. Although given the way the club is run these days, they'll probably just carry on the existing pricing policy and screw the people of Swansea and the surrounding areas for all they can get.

Poll: Tory leader

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:42 - Oct 20 with 2036 viewswr72

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:39 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

I'd hope that would be the way to go. More seats would mean they could reduce prices and make it more affordable. Although given the way the club is run these days, they'll probably just carry on the existing pricing policy and screw the people of Swansea and the surrounding areas for all they can get.

My thoughts exactly pal.
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 10:48 - Oct 20 with 1987 viewsDr_Winston

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:32 - Oct 20 by wr72

Any idea why that is? It baffles me.

Fear based on precedent. Understandable, but the game has moved on significantly since the last time we funded an expansion ourselves.

I'd be more than a little surprised if current pricing structures remained intact though. Cheaper kids deals are almost certain IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 10:54 - Oct 20 with 1905 viewsDrGonzo

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:42 - Oct 20 by wr72

My thoughts exactly pal.

It'd be pointless otherwise. Has to happen.
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 12:42 - Oct 20 with 1849 views3swan

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:19 - Oct 20 by PureRockFury

It's mind-boggling to still read people doubting the need to expand the stadium/club.

Top posting from DDCH on this thread. Sensible, grown-up opinions like that totally blow out of the water the childish petty arguments thrown around by those who leap on poor crowds for cup games and a few empty seats in the league here and there.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool et al frequently have thousands of empty seats for cup games, it's the nature of football, picking up on it as if we're some unique case is childish, I don't care if we hadn't been in Europe for a 1000 years, a Thursday night group game live on TV against a team no f*cker has ever heard of in a competition nobody gives a sh*t about unless they're in it - and even then most don't - is unlikely to be a sell-out for us, Man Utd, Arsenal, Risca f*cking Athletic or anyone else.

Arsenal have what? thousands, tens of thousands on the waiting list for season tickets, yet have thousands of empty seats for some cup games. What does that tell you? The league is the priority, the regular income, the benchmark for where we are in terms of demand for tickets and judging capacity for growth, and I'd guess we're at around 99.5% capacity (home fans) for league games since getting to the Prem, and I'm sure we all know loads of people who would go/be taken if they were, as DDCH says, not limited to trying to scrape single tickets to sit on their own in the North Stand, but could go with their mates or take their kids etc.

Was going to post my thoughts but no need as this and the post by DDCH sums them up

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 12:45 - Oct 20 with 1841 viewswaynekerr55

On another note what are the chances of getting a ticket for Wet Spam next week?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 13:27 - Oct 20 with 1808 viewswr72

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 10:48 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Fear based on precedent. Understandable, but the game has moved on significantly since the last time we funded an expansion ourselves.

I'd be more than a little surprised if current pricing structures remained intact though. Cheaper kids deals are almost certain IMO.

Like has been said,loads are not trying to get tickets now because they can only get single seats and away from kids and their families.4000 extra seats will sort that out.
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 13:35 - Oct 20 with 1791 viewsJBT95

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 20:24 - Oct 19 by ScoobyWho

It sold out for the 44th consecutive league game according to Leith Dineen. Is he lying ?

Sunderland was the 42nd PL home game (2 seasons of 19 and yesterday was the 4th of this season), West Ham is now sold out by the looks of it and that will be the 43rd. Is he on about the Stoke game?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 13:36]
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 14:28 - Oct 20 with 1743 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm strongly in the pro-expansion camp, and that is for the reasons others have given (as well as the fact that I was again unsuccessful in my season ticket application). Having said that though, I do wonder if demand has fallen off a bit this season. I was out of the country for the Manure and Liverpool games, but I've managed to get into all the home games since. Had a real struggle to get an Arsenal ticket last season, but easy this time. And don't get me started on the Europa League attendances - I couldn't even give one of my free tickets away.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 14:29]
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 14:38 - Oct 20 with 1726 viewswr72

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 14:28 - Oct 20 by AnotherJohn

I'm strongly in the pro-expansion camp, and that is for the reasons others have given (as well as the fact that I was again unsuccessful in my season ticket application). Having said that though, I do wonder if demand has fallen off a bit this season. I was out of the country for the Manure and Liverpool games, but I've managed to get into all the home games since. Had a real struggle to get an Arsenal ticket last season, but easy this time. And don't get me started on the Europa League attendances - I couldn't even give one of my free tickets away.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 14:29]

An expansion will give the club another shot in the arm.We wont always fill it but more often than not will.I hate having the smallest stadia in the league.We need to expand,i.e speculate to accumalate.

I'm not sure the board are of this thinking though,although i may be wrong.
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 14:58 - Oct 20 with 1705 viewssidekick_jack

As has been said already, it is absolutely essential to the growth of our football club that we expand the stadium as soon as possible.

As far as I'm concerned the only thing up for debate is to what scale that expansion will be. I'd like to see us up the capacity to around 30,000, which leaves plenty of room for new season ticket holders, kids for a quid deals and other giveaways, bigger away attendances and of course pay on the day types. Sell outs will no longer be so frequent but we can allow the future generations to watch the Swans in person.
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 21:38 - Oct 20 with 1584 views2face

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 09:39 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

Sorry to point out something completely trivial. But it's supply and demand. Low supply of seats and high demand for seats results in high prices. By continualy increasing supply of seats the price of admission will inevitably go down at some point.

So anybody interested in lower prices should welcome an expansion.
The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 00:02 - Oct 21 with 1507 viewsJJJack

The liberty stadium from an away fans point of view on 21:38 - Oct 20 by 2face

Sorry to point out something completely trivial. But it's supply and demand. Low supply of seats and high demand for seats results in high prices. By continualy increasing supply of seats the price of admission will inevitably go down at some point.

So anybody interested in lower prices should welcome an expansion.

I'm afraid that's far too intelligent for those anti-expansionists on this threat. You'll get the usual monosyllabic, neanderthal grunts from them soon. They're ok see coz they already have their STs. We're in the midst of a deep recession and people simply don't have the cash to spend £35 a pop. But to suggest they won't have in 2yrs when the stadium is hopefully expanded is ridiculous. Fortunately the majority know damn well the expansion should and will happen.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024