Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Empty seats 19:58 - Oct 19 with 5855 viewsandrew

Rows even blocks of empty seats in the stadium today, especially the north stand, what about the apparent 4000+ waiting list of people?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Empty seats on 19:59 - Oct 19 with 4252 viewsJackfath

They are too used to there being no tickets.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Empty seats on 20:00 - Oct 19 with 4240 viewsDarran

People won't go if they cant cwtch up to their friends mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Empty seats on 21:05 - Oct 19 with 4074 viewsswanjackal

Well 2 seats were empty near there due to myself and my wife's absence. Despite asking numerous people to take our tickets, there was little to no interest. Don't think it would have been the same if it were the Liverpool or Man U games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Empty seats on 21:17 - Oct 19 with 4019 viewsymaohyd

A few weeks back in French rugby's top 14, Toulon, which isn't a particularly big place, took their game against Clermont Auvergne, an hour and a half away up the motorway to Nice, to play in Nice's brand new stadium for it's football club.

Toulon, sold the stadium out 45,000 for a club rugby game ages away from their home. They usually get about 12,000 odd for a home game.

The reason I give this example is that the longer we stay in the PL, on the back of quite a few home defeats against one of the less attractive sides, no we might not sell out and why should we.

The club has grown hugely, but not to the extent that we have 25,000 stalwarts. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't aim for a much bigger stadium. As Toulon prove that in my opinion for a large number of our PL home games we'd sell out a 35,000 stadium..no problem.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Empty seats on 21:23 - Oct 19 with 3974 viewsNeathJack

Empty seats on 19:59 - Oct 19 by Jackfath

They are too used to there being no tickets.

True that.
Empty seats on 21:24 - Oct 19 with 3961 viewslifelong

Empty seats on 21:17 - Oct 19 by ymaohyd

A few weeks back in French rugby's top 14, Toulon, which isn't a particularly big place, took their game against Clermont Auvergne, an hour and a half away up the motorway to Nice, to play in Nice's brand new stadium for it's football club.

Toulon, sold the stadium out 45,000 for a club rugby game ages away from their home. They usually get about 12,000 odd for a home game.

The reason I give this example is that the longer we stay in the PL, on the back of quite a few home defeats against one of the less attractive sides, no we might not sell out and why should we.

The club has grown hugely, but not to the extent that we have 25,000 stalwarts. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't aim for a much bigger stadium. As Toulon prove that in my opinion for a large number of our PL home games we'd sell out a 35,000 stadium..no problem.

I'm afraid I don't agree with the last sentence of your post.

In my opinion we would sell out a 35000 stadium for 5 of our home games at most. For the remainder of the games we'd have 10,000 empty seats.
Empty seats on 21:26 - Oct 19 with 3946 viewsJackfath

Empty seats on 21:24 - Oct 19 by lifelong

In my opinion we would sell out a 35000 stadium for 5 of our home games at most. For the remainder of the games we'd have 10,000 empty seats.

Correct.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Empty seats on 21:27 - Oct 19 with 3940 viewsBonjour

Empty seats on 21:26 - Oct 19 by Jackfath

Correct.

Absolute bollocks

Hahaha - sorry JF this was supposed to be a reply to Neathjack
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 21:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Empty seats on 21:28 - Oct 19 with 3931 viewsJackanapes

Empty seats on 21:17 - Oct 19 by ymaohyd

Just say no kids.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Empty seats on 21:32 - Oct 19 with 3911 viewsNeathJack

Empty seats on 21:27 - Oct 19 by Bonjour

Absolute bollocks

Hahaha - sorry JF this was supposed to be a reply to Neathjack
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 21:28]

Everyone I spoke to this week was amazed there were seats left. No one wanted to buy one mind you
Empty seats on 21:41 - Oct 19 with 3875 viewsSgorioFruit

If we build it, they will come.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Empty seats on 21:44 - Oct 19 with 3841 viewsBonjour

Empty seats on 21:41 - Oct 19 by SgorioFruit

If we build it, they will come.

if we play big teams, they will come
Empty seats on 21:46 - Oct 19 with 3830 viewsBonjour

Empty seats on 21:32 - Oct 19 by NeathJack

Everyone I spoke to this week was amazed there were seats left. No one wanted to buy one mind you

well I know of a few boxes that were sold last minute, plus a few seats that even your mates were buying on Thursday. If people know they're for sale then they'll go.
Empty seats on 21:57 - Oct 19 with 3797 viewsjojaca

Last season, I would have snapped up tickets for this game for me and my son. But this year with continuing rises in household bills, I can't afford to go anymore. Football is too expensive for low wages working man. I would buy season tickets out of savings, but i grudge paying £50+ for tickets on marchday for me and my son.

Even when you know, you never know?

Empty seats on 09:42 - Oct 20 with 3533 viewsjohnlangy

Empty seats on 21:24 - Oct 19 by lifelong

So we'd average about 27,000. That shows we need a bigger stadium.
Empty seats on 10:37 - Oct 20 with 3455 views1983

Empty seats on 21:05 - Oct 19 by swanjackal

Well 2 seats were empty near there due to myself and my wife's absence. Despite asking numerous people to take our tickets, there was little to no interest. Don't think it would have been the same if it were the Liverpool or Man U games.

Hmmmmm why weren't you and your missus there then??

Empty seats on 11:22 - Oct 20 with 3373 viewsjack_lord

I wonder how many of the crowd would pay 40 quid a game, for every game, if season tickets were abolished? I also wonder how many people who get tickets for the odd game who manage to get season tickets in the future will miss games they are not that fussed on?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 11:23]

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Empty seats on 11:41 - Oct 20 with 3332 viewsDull1Thomas

Empty seats on 11:22 - Oct 20 by jack_lord

I wonder how many of the crowd would pay 40 quid a game, for every game, if season tickets were abolished? I also wonder how many people who get tickets for the odd game who manage to get season tickets in the future will miss games they are not that fussed on?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 11:23]

Because of work commitments (and occasional family ones) I don't to every match and last season was resigned to not seeing the more popular games for lack of tickets.
However, I did see every league cup game until ......? The final, when, for some reason all the tickets were eaten up.
So when I see empty so many empty seats a the Liberty I do get annoyed that some fans are only going to see the 'big' clubs, their 'second' clubs or whatever.
Yesterday, v Arsenal and in the Europa cup games I did wonder if the Swansea area appreciates the Swans or deserves Premier League football.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Empty seats on 16:29 - Oct 20 with 3157 viewsC_jack

Indeed without any sort of membership, I rarely bother to even look at availability for home tickets now. I'm sure it's the same for others.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Empty seats on 16:34 - Oct 20 with 3141 viewswr72

Empty seats on 20:00 - Oct 19 by Darran

People won't go if they cant cwtch up to their friends mun.

Or cwtching up to their young kids.
Empty seats on 17:05 - Oct 20 with 3079 viewsWinchWenJack

We sold 500 more home tickets than the Arsenal game.

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Empty seats on 17:52 - Oct 20 with 3024 viewswr72

Is that because people didnt bother trying for Arsenal tickets because they thought they wouldn't get them?
Empty seats on 18:25 - Oct 20 with 2979 viewsmonmouth

? I tried to buy one online for a mate on Thursday and it told me there were none left 'in the quantity I required'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Empty seats on 18:54 - Oct 20 with 2939 viewsAnotherJohn

Empty seats on 18:25 - Oct 20 by monmouth

? I tried to buy one online for a mate on Thursday and it told me there were none left 'in the quantity I required'

Yes, I had the same problem. I tried for two tickets initially but found that if I then input a request for one ticket it also said not available. I then telephoned the ticket office, using the number from the official website, and a recorded voice gave me an alternative number faster than I could write it down. I ended up going to the stadium and buying a pair of tickets. I have found similar difficulties for a couple of games now and wonder if this is leading to lost sales. I've mentioned this to ticket office staff on at least two occasions but they don't seem interested.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 18:56]
Empty seats on 00:27 - Oct 21 with 2774 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The ticket WEB site said all HOME tickets were sold on on THURSDAY!!!! the empty seats were in the the away area. Tickets returned too late to resell.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024