Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? 18:14 - Nov 3 with 2162 viewsmikecph

Sure he has great potential but he has a huge problem keeping concentration throughout a game. At long periods during a game he simply phases out and seems on another planet. Liverpool giving 2 goals away, Kuban dying minutes of the game instead of holding on to the ball takes on 5 defenders trying to dribble through middle giving away a counter that leads to a goal when all he had to do was keep hold of the ball, and today instead of guarding the post was following ball around like a tourist. I could see it the moment he stepped onto the field for 2nd half and thought to myself it was only going to be a matter of time before another f*ck up. I know I'm just being really bitter after the game, and he can occassionally lift his game - but basic stuff like keeping hold of a ball 1-0 up with seconds to go or staying at your post when you've been put there to defend is stuff that is not due to bad skills or that no one has ever told him - he just lacks concentration in those moments to focus on what he is supposed to do. So how many more goals should we put up with him costing us before we realize that he still needs some mental training before he is ready for this level of football. :(
How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:15 - Nov 3 with 2152 viewsJackoBoostardo

FUCCK OFF PAL!

Shelvy is always a scapegoat for idiots! The WHOLE TEAM were shambolic today!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:17 - Nov 3 with 2126 viewsmikecph

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:15 - Nov 3 by JackoBoostardo

FUCCK OFF PAL!

Sure the whole team was bad today - but do you not agree he has a major problem with lack of concentration?
How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:18 - Nov 3 with 2113 viewsDull1Thomas

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:15 - Nov 3 by JackoBoostardo

FUCCK OFF PAL!

Maybe - but Shelvey is shambolic in most games. Cost us points again today.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:19 - Nov 3 with 2095 viewsJackoBoostardo

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:18 - Nov 3 by Dull1Thomas

Maybe - but Shelvey is shambolic in most games. Cost us points again today.

All players have off days. JJ is a player with huge potential and I think he's very underrated. Give him a chance - he is the connection we need between mid and long balls to the forwards!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:25 - Nov 3 with 2042 viewsmikecph

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:19 - Nov 3 by JackoBoostardo

All players have off days. JJ is a player with huge potential and I think he's very underrated. Give him a chance - he is the connection we need between mid and long balls to the forwards!

That's my point he definitely has potential and a player who can do what he can do would be great for our team - but we have to weight it up against the points he is going to cost us hopefully getting him to that shape. Is it worth it turning our league matches into his personal "learning space" Costing us points one f*ck up after another or should he be sent to train his weaknesses somewhere else and less important. I mean what's wrong with giving him a substitue role for a period of time where he doesn't need to keep concentration for 90 minutes instead of now where we seem set that he has to play 90 full minutes when he's clearly not up for it. :/
How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:25 - Nov 3 with 2034 viewsbuilthjack

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:19 - Nov 3 by JackoBoostardo

We will not win many games with shelvey in it, simply not good enough

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:30 - Nov 3 with 2002 viewsskippyjack

He's the only one who got stuck in... he moved slightly to the right when a 35 mile an hour ball went passed him.. all in 1.8 seconds.. That cost us the game. I'm more worried that we go 1-0 down and never create anything (it's like defending a 1-0 defeat)

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:32 - Nov 3 with 1971 viewsmawdlamjack

I have said before, put him with the development squad, until he learns how Swansea play. Until then, keep him well away from the first team. He has definite potential, but at the moment, it's more likely potential to let the team down than help it.

Having said this, he is not the only player letting down the side at the moment. There is obviously a problem in camp, which needs to be sorted. Something that ML is responsible for, the team play to his instructions, which at the moment appear to be far to negative, with the result that currently, the team appear to be heavily sedated during play, playing at walking pace with no cutting edge.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Login to get fewer ads

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:34 - Nov 3 with 1952 viewsmikecph

@skippyjack: While I do agree with the point that it's easier to judge from a couch than being in the thick of it - everyone who has ever trained football knows that sticking to your assigned post is one of the first things that get drilled into your brain when training football as a kid in a club. Just saying :P
[Post edited 3 Nov 2013 18:35]
How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:38 - Nov 3 with 1922 viewsMagicDaps

He didn't cost us at all today, in fact I thought he was the player most likely to create something in the second half. Caulker's header was powerful, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:42 - Nov 3 with 1884 viewsmikecph

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:38 - Nov 3 by MagicDaps

He didn't cost us at all today, in fact I thought he was the player most likely to create something in the second half. Caulker's header was powerful, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Except stand still?
How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:43 - Nov 3 with 1879 viewsJackoBoostardo

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:32 - Nov 3 by mawdlamjack

I have said before, put him with the development squad, until he learns how Swansea play. Until then, keep him well away from the first team. He has definite potential, but at the moment, it's more likely potential to let the team down than help it.

Having said this, he is not the only player letting down the side at the moment. There is obviously a problem in camp, which needs to be sorted. Something that ML is responsible for, the team play to his instructions, which at the moment appear to be far to negative, with the result that currently, the team appear to be heavily sedated during play, playing at walking pace with no cutting edge.

Then if that theory is right - you should add Bony, Canas and most others in there too!

Ridiculous comments here - JJ got stuck in when required and actually has balls to tackle when required. He shows his muscle when needed and although he does make mistakes, so did JDG today, so did Vorm, so did Chico, so did everyone else!

Get a grip!

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:44 - Nov 3 with 1858 viewsDull1Thomas

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:43 - Nov 3 by JackoBoostardo

Then if that theory is right - you should add Bony, Canas and most others in there too!

Ridiculous comments here - JJ got stuck in when required and actually has balls to tackle when required. He shows his muscle when needed and although he does make mistakes, so did JDG today, so did Vorm, so did Chico, so did everyone else!

Get a grip!

Their mistakes haven't been as basic and haven't cost us points.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:44 - Nov 3 with 1858 viewsSwanfan1

We went from Ki, a short passing midfielder to Jonjo a long passing midfielder, but what good does that make it when our wingers are not effective.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:48 - Nov 3 with 1829 viewsDrizzy

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:42 - Nov 3 by mikecph

Except stand still?

Spot on.

By no means the worst player in a Swans shirt today but if he stands on the post where he should be then Caulker's header hits him and doesn't go in.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:48 - Nov 3 with 1829 viewsJackoBoostardo

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:44 - Nov 3 by Swanfan1

We went from Ki, a short passing midfielder to Jonjo a long passing midfielder, but what good does that make it when our wingers are not effective.

It could be argued now that we're not as effective as we're playing to narrow - and not to the strengths of Routledge, Dyer and our other wingers - which in turn results in less balls being passed to our attackers!

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:55 - Nov 3 with 1800 viewseastbanker

How many goals are Shelvey going to cost us? on 18:48 - Nov 3 by JackoBoostardo

It could be argued now that we're not as effective as we're playing to narrow - and not to the strengths of Routledge, Dyer and our other wingers - which in turn results in less balls being passed to our attackers!

Not JJs fault today but why is Chico marking Caulker for a corner, should have been Michu or Ashley. Chico not exactly commanding in the air is he?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024