Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leighton James........ 12:40 - Nov 12 with 3378 viewsrazorjack

............took some real kickings when playing,never saw him rolling around like he'd been shot.

I like Leighton.

Forgive your enemies,but never forget their names.

Leighton James........ on 12:42 - Nov 12 with 3355 viewsperchrockjack

Hmm. Tommy Smith used to kick him often

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leighton James........ on 12:47 - Nov 12 with 3314 viewsepaul

Leighton James........ on 12:42 - Nov 12 by perchrockjack

Hmm. Tommy Smith used to kick him often

and no one was daft enough to kick Tommy Smith

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Leighton James........ on 12:49 - Nov 12 with 3263 viewsrazorjack

Leighton James........ on 12:47 - Nov 12 by epaul

and no one was daft enough to kick Tommy Smith

Nobby Stiles wasn't afraid of him.

Forgive your enemies,but never forget their names.

Leighton James........ on 12:51 - Nov 12 with 3226 viewsOldjack

Could you imagine what Chico would do if Tommy booted him .he'd be in tears

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Leighton James........ on 12:54 - Nov 12 with 3187 viewsSwanseajill

He would go down like a sack of spuds, and wink at the crowd after he got a free kick.

I like Leighton too.
Leighton James........ on 13:10 - Nov 12 with 3072 viewsStarsky

Leighton James........ on 12:54 - Nov 12 by Swanseajill

He would go down like a sack of spuds, and wink at the crowd after he got a free kick.

I like Leighton too.

Ditto. Great guy is Leighton

It's just the internet, init.

Leighton James........ on 13:13 - Nov 12 with 3048 viewsswanjackal

Might not have rolled around the floor in his footballing days, but has done quite a bit of it since he has retired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Leighton James........ on 13:16 - Nov 12 with 3037 viewsStarsky

Leighton James........ on 13:13 - Nov 12 by swanjackal

Might not have rolled around the floor in his footballing days, but has done quite a bit of it since he has retired.

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Leighton James........ on 13:31 - Nov 12 with 2959 viewsperchrockjack

Smithy s knees are such he could not kick anything of note

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leighton James........ on 17:40 - Nov 12 with 2818 viewsmawdlamjack

ardiles had his welcome to britain at the vetch, that tackle would have hospitalised chico, games much changed now. not necessarily for the better.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Leighton James........ on 19:54 - Nov 12 with 2523 viewscrackerjack

Leighton James........ on 17:40 - Nov 12 by mawdlamjack

ardiles had his welcome to britain at the vetch, that tackle would have hospitalised chico, games much changed now. not necessarily for the better.

That was a hell of a tackle, fair play. I thought he'd crippled Ardilles at the time!

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Leighton James........ on 13:25 - Nov 13 with 2317 viewsEbo

Leighton James is a drunkard and a bell end. He is an embarrassment. Good player in his day but now he should just mind his own business when it comes to football. Nice team talk he gave Cardiff the other week...

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Leighton James........ on 13:27 - Nov 13 with 2302 views_

Back off with the Chico baiting, what the eff's the matter with you all?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Leighton James........ on 13:28 - Nov 13 with 2302 viewsDarran

Leighton James........ on 13:25 - Nov 13 by Ebo

Leighton James is a drunkard and a bell end. He is an embarrassment. Good player in his day but now he should just mind his own business when it comes to football. Nice team talk he gave Cardiff the other week...

He was a great player,complete cock though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leighton James........ on 15:51 - Nov 13 with 2252 viewssomersetsimon

Leighton James........ on 12:54 - Nov 12 by Swanseajill

I like Leighton too.

He knew every trick in the book. I bet if he was playing today, he'd be diving with the best of them!
Leighton James........ on 15:51 - Nov 13 with 2251 viewssomersetsimon

It was Leighton who made me realise that fans see football differently to players.
In the early 80's I went to a summer training camp which some of the first team attended (Leighton, Robbie, Neil Robinson, Max Thompson, can't remember who else). We had a chance to sit down with the players and ask them a few questions. Someone asked Leighton who was the best full back he'd ever played against (domestic and international). He said Phil Neal of Liverpool. He was probably the Phil Neville of his say. Pretty solid and reliable, nothing special, nobody that any fan would pick out. Leighton reckoned it was all down to his positional awareness. He was always in the right place, so he never looked like had to run for the ball or make spectacular clearances or last-ditch tackles.
Leighton James........ on 15:54 - Nov 13 with 2244 viewsDarran

Leighton James........ on 15:51 - Nov 13 by somersetsimon

It was Leighton who made me realise that fans see football differently to players.
In the early 80's I went to a summer training camp which some of the first team attended (Leighton, Robbie, Neil Robinson, Max Thompson, can't remember who else). We had a chance to sit down with the players and ask them a few questions. Someone asked Leighton who was the best full back he'd ever played against (domestic and international). He said Phil Neal of Liverpool. He was probably the Phil Neville of his say. Pretty solid and reliable, nothing special, nobody that any fan would pick out. Leighton reckoned it was all down to his positional awareness. He was always in the right place, so he never looked like had to run for the ball or make spectacular clearances or last-ditch tackles.

How old were you at the time?

Leighton James........ on 17:32 - Nov 13 with 2182 viewssomersetsimon

Leighton James........ on 15:54 - Nov 13 by Darran

How old were you at the time?

I think it was about 1982, so I would have been 15
Leighton James........ on 17:38 - Nov 13 with 2165 viewsDarran

Leighton James........ on 17:32 - Nov 13 by somersetsimon

I think it was about 1982, so I would have been 15

Are you saying that you weren't aware that Phil Neal was a very good right back in 1982 when you were 15?

Leighton James........ on 19:21 - Nov 13 with 2093 viewsmarchamjack

Great player in his day, tosser now.

Met him in Valencia (admittedly we were both clearly the worse for wear at the end of the night). He was giving it large and tried telling me that he was a brilliant cricketer...I said no you weren't, you used to coach me at Gorseinon and you certainly weren't brilliant...he shouted....what have you ever done for Wales?...(nothing by the way other than generally waste money going to see them playing)...at which point there was a stand off and we 'left it' as it were

Just thought I'd share that to show what sort of a bloke he is now (there's no wnkr smilie btw)

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Leighton James........ on 20:18 - Nov 13 with 2070 viewssomersetsimon

Leighton James........ on 17:38 - Nov 13 by Darran

Are you saying that you weren't aware that Phil Neal was a very good right back in 1982 when you were 15?

Good, but nothing special. It was more the fact that Leighton was pointing out aspects of his game that I couldn't see. I think that good positioning, especially of defenders is something that difficult for fans to appreciate. When players are always in the right place at the right time, they don't appear to working that hard.
Leighton James........ on 20:21 - Nov 13 with 2062 viewsDarran

Leighton James........ on 20:18 - Nov 13 by somersetsimon

Good, but nothing special. It was more the fact that Leighton was pointing out aspects of his game that I couldn't see. I think that good positioning, especially of defenders is something that difficult for fans to appreciate. When players are always in the right place at the right time, they don't appear to working that hard.

Ah right with you now,another player like Neal was Dennis Irwin

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024