Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Setup when all players are ready! 21:47 - Dec 4 with 3485 viewsmikecph

The way that Shelvey has played in AM role for the last couple of games I don't think it is a given anymore that Michu will just slot back into his preferred AM position when he is ready. Moving Michu up top seems natural considering the success he had in that position last year. But what about Bony then - a classy player too that seemed to have hit his stride just before his injury.

How would you set up the team when all players are ready again?
Setup when all players are ready! on 21:48 - Dec 4 with 3481 viewsLiam12345

4-2-2-1

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Setup when all players are ready! on 21:49 - Dec 4 with 3475 viewsshandyjack

vorm

rangel williams chico davies

britton De Guzman

Pablo Shelvey Michu

Bony

Laudrup likes his wide men to tuck so this would suit Michu in my opinion

Poll: Expectation for the season

Setup when all players are ready! on 22:02 - Dec 4 with 3405 views2face

JDG an JJS can't play every game. They'll get injured and the problem solves itself.
Setup when all players are ready! on 22:10 - Dec 4 with 3334 viewsJackanapes

So even though canas has started nearly all of our victories, he gets dropped?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Setup when all players are ready! on 22:14 - Dec 4 with 3304 viewsJokeren1943

Setup when all players are ready! on 22:18 - Dec 4 with 3276 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Michu out wide is never going to work. He's too committed to being in the thick of the action in the middle. He'd spend about 1% of his time where he's supposed to be. It's hard enough keeping him reigned-in when playing him AMC.

We just rotate players for different games, simple as. Don't like the idea of relying on a 'strongest 11' as injuries and suspensions leave you high and dry too often.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2013 22:19]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Setup when all players are ready! on 22:19 - Dec 4 with 3265 viewsJackanapes

There is going to be a Britton v Canas decision to be made sooner or later. I know who I would choose.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Setup when all players are ready! on 22:22 - Dec 4 with 3232 viewsDr_Winston

Setup when all players are ready! on 22:19 - Dec 4 by Jackanapes

There is going to be a Britton v Canas decision to be made sooner or later. I know who I would choose.

Canas was outstanding tonight and played well Vs Fulham. Think I'd go with him just because he's in possession.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Setup when all players are ready! on 00:23 - Dec 5 with 3068 viewsLiam12345

be interesting to see

Vorm
Tiendali Williams Chico Davies
Dyer Canas JDG Pablo
Shelvey
Michu

on monday the link between shelvey and michu will really work well.

Setup when all players are ready! on 00:25 - Dec 5 with 3056 viewsUxbridge

Setup when all players are ready! on 22:19 - Dec 4 by Jackanapes

The decision has already been made by Laudrup.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Setup when all players are ready! on 00:31 - Dec 5 with 3028 viewsLiam12345

we play better without britton

Setup when all players are ready! on 00:55 - Dec 5 with 2960 viewsshimmie

Setup when all players are ready! on 00:31 - Dec 5 by Liam12345

Did you really just say we play better without Leon? I fu&k my eyes.
Setup when all players are ready! on 01:12 - Dec 5 with 2934 viewsSwansNZ

Setup when all players are ready! on 00:31 - Dec 5 by Liam12345

Canas had a very good game tonight, but that statement is just crap. We can play great with Leon too.

Great to have 2 excellent deep playing midfielders.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Setup when all players are ready! on 01:14 - Dec 5 with 2931 viewsWarwickHunt

Setup when all players are ready! on 21:48 - Dec 4 by Liam12345

4-2-2-1

That's ten...
Setup when all players are ready! on 01:16 - Dec 5 with 2928 viewsSwansNZ

Setup when all players are ready! on 01:14 - Dec 5 by WarwickHunt

That's ten...

2 goalkeepers mun

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Setup when all players are ready! on 02:17 - Dec 5 with 2886 viewsDull1Thomas

Play without a striker .. we did it when Borini and Sinclair were here and look where that got us.
The way the midfielders pinged the ball around tonight was sublime.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Setup when all players are ready! on 07:12 - Dec 5 with 2782 viewssomersetsimon

Setup when all players are ready! on 00:23 - Dec 5 by Liam12345

be interesting to see

Vorm
Tiendali Williams Chico Davies
Dyer Canas JDG Pablo
Shelvey
Michu

on monday the link between shelvey and michu will really work well.

Michu instead of Pozuelo in last night's formation with that level of performance would be fantastic. Poz had a few nice touches, but gives the ball away too easily and gets knocked off the ball. The other thing I noticed last night was that he received the ball on the edge of the box quite a few times, but each time he was facing the wide player who passed it to him and had to take an extra touch or two before he was facing the goal. Michu tends to take the ball when he's already half-turned towards the goal and can go forward or shoot with his next touch.
Setup when all players are ready! on 09:41 - Dec 5 with 2630 viewsbuilthjack

Injuries have helped LAudrup make full use of the squad. Some players have taken their chances, others haven't. Once the business end of the season arrives he will know his best team, although it's horses for courses fro certain games.
I ripped into SHelvey a few weeks ago as he , in my opinion, wasn't producing. But the boy has proved me wrong in the last few games, so I take my hat off to him. de Guzman also coming good after some poor games. With the injured players back soon LAudrup has a lovely problem.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Setup when all players are ready! on 10:13 - Dec 5 with 2591 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Setup when all players are ready! on 22:22 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

Canas was outstanding tonight and played well Vs Fulham. Think I'd go with him just because he's in possession.

Canas started against WBA, Palace, Fulham and Newcastle which is 4 out of our 5 wins so far.

The unthinkable is being thought in my head.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Setup when all players are ready! on 11:21 - Dec 5 with 2515 viewsDr_Winston

Setup when all players are ready! on 10:13 - Dec 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Canas started against WBA, Palace, Fulham and Newcastle which is 4 out of our 5 wins so far.

The unthinkable is being thought in my head.

There is a commonly held belief that we don't play well without Leon. It's not a belief I share and this season's results so far are bearing that out.

That's obviously not to say that Leon is a bad player or weak link of course. He's a little diamond, has been for years and hopefully will continue to be so for quite a few more. It's just nice to see that his presence isn't vital to get the best out of our side.

A few people were a bit too quick to write off Canas as inferior. From what I've seen of Spanish players here and for other clubs, an acclimatisation period of about six months or so to get the hang of the additional pace/aggression of the PL tends to be needed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Setup when all players are ready! on 11:45 - Dec 5 with 2494 viewsClinton

Last night we often had two players pressing the keeper and full backs. With Bony playing, he's often the only one pressing the keeper and not really at any pace so the keeper has plenty of time.

When everyone is fit, whoever plays, I'd like to see us carry on with more aggressive pressuring of their keeper and full backs.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Setup when all players are ready! on 12:42 - Dec 5 with 2458 viewsJackFish

Setup when all players are ready! on 11:45 - Dec 5 by Clinton

Last night we often had two players pressing the keeper and full backs. With Bony playing, he's often the only one pressing the keeper and not really at any pace so the keeper has plenty of time.

When everyone is fit, whoever plays, I'd like to see us carry on with more aggressive pressuring of their keeper and full backs.

We were very noticeably a lot better without the ball last night, and it made a huge difference to the performance IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024