Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey in the clear 13:22 - Dec 5 with 4529 viewssomersetsimon

This, from the BBC website

"Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey will face no action from the Football Association after appearing to motion to headbutt Newcastle defender Mathieu Debuchy.

The incident occurred shortly before Shelvey (pictured celebrating) scored the home side's third goal in their 3-0 win over the Magpies at the Liberty Stadium.

The former Liverpool player exchanged words with Debuchy and, as they took part in a heated stand-off, Shelvey seemed to move his head towards the Frenchman's, although he did not appear to make contact."
Shelvey in the clear on 20:48 - Dec 5 with 1393 viewsSwansNZ

Shelvey in the clear on 17:13 - Dec 5 by max936

Debauchy deserves some credit mind to be fair, how many times have we seen incidents like that on the tele and player as dropped to the floor clutching their face, fair play to him, but on the other hand should he have still been on the field at that point, after that foul on Hernandez.

Despite Pardews moans about not being given a penalty, he could have had 3 players back in the dressing room, Debauchy, Remy and the fullback No19, on another day.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2013 17:13]

Debauchy was the one who started it. He had already had a yellow card (which should have been red), so was lucky HE did not get sent off. Sorry, but Debauchy does not deserve any credit for not play acting.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Shelvey in the clear on 21:38 - Dec 5 with 1337 viewsMolliemick

Shelvey was outstanding, skilful,very industrious , dominated the game: but his temper needs to be controlled despite being provoked. On that form a huge asset to Swansea City Football Club.
Shelvey in the clear on 21:53 - Dec 5 with 1316 viewsjacksinceever

Shelvey in the clear on 17:17 - Dec 5 by swancity

I think you will find that he did cross that line - lucky not to get sent off

You cannot do that, its quite simple

PS are you shagging him

WTF.

If JonJo was aggressive then what about the tackles by the Newcastle players?
Now they were definitely lucky that the ref allowed them to go unpunished or with just yellows
Shelvey in the clear on 02:26 - Dec 6 with 1246 viewsGlyn1

Shelvey in the clear on 16:17 - Dec 5 by raynor94

And the winner of the most ott post of the day goes to.......

raynor94 - you are absolutely right, and I apologise to Uxbridge. I guess I'm cautious about offending a country that has more nuclear weapons than we do (300 compared to our 225).

Jonjo's development when compared to last season is staggering and I'm not sure what the reason is. Is he just naturally maturing as he's a year older? Is being one of a team's regular players helping him gain self-confidence? Is it just that Michael Laudrup and the Swans coaches are better than Brendan Rogers and his ex-Swans coaches? To be honest I don't think it's the last one because, say what you like about Brendan, BR is a great coach with younger players who listen to him as if he's talking gospel. Older Scousers like Gerrard may be a touch more cynical.

Jonjo's also interesting when he does something jaw-droppingly stupid as well - at least the crowd pays attention whenever he gets the ball.

The line-up of De Guzman, Shelvey and Canas seems to have been successful, but when Leon returns which of them will have to make way for him? De Guz?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2013 2:28]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Shelvey in the clear on 06:19 - Dec 6 with 1224 viewsDr_Winston

Shelvey in the clear on 02:26 - Dec 6 by Glyn1

raynor94 - you are absolutely right, and I apologise to Uxbridge. I guess I'm cautious about offending a country that has more nuclear weapons than we do (300 compared to our 225).

Jonjo's development when compared to last season is staggering and I'm not sure what the reason is. Is he just naturally maturing as he's a year older? Is being one of a team's regular players helping him gain self-confidence? Is it just that Michael Laudrup and the Swans coaches are better than Brendan Rogers and his ex-Swans coaches? To be honest I don't think it's the last one because, say what you like about Brendan, BR is a great coach with younger players who listen to him as if he's talking gospel. Older Scousers like Gerrard may be a touch more cynical.

Jonjo's also interesting when he does something jaw-droppingly stupid as well - at least the crowd pays attention whenever he gets the ball.

The line-up of De Guzman, Shelvey and Canas seems to have been successful, but when Leon returns which of them will have to make way for him? De Guz?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2013 2:28]

Why does one have to make way for him?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey in the clear on 08:43 - Dec 6 with 1190 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey in the clear on 06:19 - Dec 6 by Dr_Winston

Why does one have to make way for him?

Aye. The real question is when Michu and Bony return, what happens.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey in the clear on 08:59 - Dec 6 with 1179 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey in the clear on 08:43 - Dec 6 by monmouth

Aye. The real question is when Michu and Bony return, what happens.

Quite. Laudrup's given enough hints that Canas is his preferred option in the DCM role.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Shelvey in the clear on 09:17 - Dec 6 with 1166 viewsRancid

I said on here months ago and was laughed out of town.He's our new Ferrie Bodde.
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey in the clear on 11:06 - Dec 6 with 1124 viewsScoobyWho

Shelvey in the clear on 15:07 - Dec 5 by BravoJack

I loved how Debuchy was gritting his teeth at first. Jonjo then makes him flinch and for that split second you can see his arse drop. Shit guy!

Really ? Did all that happen in reality ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Shelvey in the clear on 13:15 - Dec 6 with 1093 viewsRancid

I thought Debuchy saved Jonjo's bacon.He didn't flinch with the supposed headbutt.A lot of players would have collapsed and Jonjo shown a red but Debuchy stood his ground and didn't faff around like 95% of players would.If someone had done that to Chico,Morriston A&E would have been on stand by.

Well done Debuchy.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2013 13:15]
Shelvey in the clear on 00:36 - Dec 7 with 1026 viewsSwansNZ

Shelvey in the clear on 13:15 - Dec 6 by Rancid

I thought Debuchy saved Jonjo's bacon.He didn't flinch with the supposed headbutt.A lot of players would have collapsed and Jonjo shown a red but Debuchy stood his ground and didn't faff around like 95% of players would.If someone had done that to Chico,Morriston A&E would have been on stand by.

Well done Debuchy.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2013 13:15]

Or, he could have gone down like a sack of sh1t, and the ref decided that he was play acting, received his second yellow, and be sent off himself.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Shelvey in the clear on 08:08 - Dec 7 with 987 viewsbermudajack

Shelvey in the clear on 09:17 - Dec 6 by Rancid

I said on here months ago and was laughed out of town.He's our new Ferrie Bodde.

A mix of Ferrie Bode with a hint of Darren Prately

Needs to control his head but his feet and vision have been great recently...

The acid test will be when Steve Bruce pays particular attention to him on Monday and tries to cancel out his threat as the danger man in our team...

He looks great against teams that " have a go at us" like Liverpool, Man City & Newcastle, he was ineffective against Cardiff who sat back, marked us tight and tried to hit us on the break, (their DM Medel? Was outstanding in that game mind).

Interesting times...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Shelvey in the clear on 08:12 - Dec 7 with 985 viewsDr_Winston

Everyone was shite against Cardiff. We went into that game with the wrong mindset from the off and couldn't shake it off. Had we played against them like we did against Citeh or the Geordies then the outcome would have been very different.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey in the clear on 09:43 - Dec 7 with 964 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey in the clear on 08:12 - Dec 7 by Dr_Winston

Everyone was shite against Cardiff. We went into that game with the wrong mindset from the off and couldn't shake it off. Had we played against them like we did against Citeh or the Geordies then the outcome would have been very different.

Absolutely. interestingly I think it was around this time last year that we also started improving performances ... might be a Laudrup thing.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Shelvey in the clear on 09:54 - Dec 7 with 958 viewsWarwickHunt

Shelvey in the clear on 08:08 - Dec 7 by bermudajack

A mix of Ferrie Bode with a hint of Darren Prately

Needs to control his head but his feet and vision have been great recently...

The acid test will be when Steve Bruce pays particular attention to him on Monday and tries to cancel out his threat as the danger man in our team...

He looks great against teams that " have a go at us" like Liverpool, Man City & Newcastle, he was ineffective against Cardiff who sat back, marked us tight and tried to hit us on the break, (their DM Medel? Was outstanding in that game mind).

Interesting times...

"A mix of Ferrie Bode with a hint of Darren Prately"

Which hint of Darren Prately (sic) - the white shirt?
Shelvey in the clear on 10:44 - Dec 7 with 919 viewskarnataka

Shelvey in the clear on 08:12 - Dec 7 by Dr_Winston

I think that's true against all the teams we haven't played like that against. At our best, playing our game and not some diluted, half tempo version, we're a match for anyone and more than a match for most. We've dropped home points against West Ham, Stoke and drawn 2 matches with Kuban and put in a truly insipid performance against Valencia only 9 days ago and if we'd played like that in all of them, the results in all of them would have been different and we'd now have 4 more prem points (equal with Man Utd & Southampton) and would have a 100% 15 point record in Europe.
Shelvey in the clear on 22:45 - Dec 7 with 901 viewsbermudajack

Shelvey in the clear on 09:54 - Dec 7 by WarwickHunt

"A mix of Ferrie Bode with a hint of Darren Prately"

Which hint of Darren Prately (sic) - the white shirt?

White shirt, similar physique, bald head, similar work rate, runs like him too...

Not to mention a few sloppy passes and some rash challenges...

The main difference is the range of passing and great shooting ability that Shelvey has in his locker.

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Shelvey in the clear on 06:45 - Dec 8 with 848 viewsDr_Winston

Shelvey in the clear on 10:44 - Dec 7 by karnataka

I think that's true against all the teams we haven't played like that against. At our best, playing our game and not some diluted, half tempo version, we're a match for anyone and more than a match for most. We've dropped home points against West Ham, Stoke and drawn 2 matches with Kuban and put in a truly insipid performance against Valencia only 9 days ago and if we'd played like that in all of them, the results in all of them would have been different and we'd now have 4 more prem points (equal with Man Utd & Southampton) and would have a 100% 15 point record in Europe.

Stoke we didn't play that badly against. Shite defending (and refereeing) cost us there.

Otherwise you're spot on.

Shelvey in the clear on 09:40 - Dec 8 with 818 viewsPhil_S

john Hollins is alive and well

"If we'd have won all the games we'd have lost we'd be unbeaten"
Shelvey in the clear on 10:56 - Dec 9 with 722 viewskarnataka

Shelvey in the clear on 06:45 - Dec 8 by Dr_Winston

Stoke we didn't play that badly against. Shite defending (and refereeing) cost us there.

Otherwise you're spot on.

Agreed we did play well against Stoke but we didn't get into gear until we were 2-0 down. If we'd played like that from the off we'd have given them a right pasting because they were a shadow of the previous in-your-face Stoke sides to come here.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2013 10:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024