Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
light weight and getting bullied 20:36 - Dec 22 with 1265 viewsdgt73

That's a problem with the team at the moment, and I'd like to see a more physical presence. Bony is failing big time and has the touch of an elephant and JDG is offering nothing.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

light weight and getting bullied on 20:37 - Dec 22 with 1256 viewsJackfath

I read the thread title and thought you were starting another thread about me.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

light weight and getting bullied on 20:40 - Dec 22 with 1248 viewsunion_jack

JDG yes. But Bony? I thought his strength today was immense. Possibly in the wrong part of the field but immense all the same.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

light weight and getting bullied on 20:44 - Dec 22 with 1235 viewsSkaFace

That has been the problem for quite a while.
Lack of pressure, too much space and time allowed for the opposition, not being physical enough in possession.
That said, thought today they showed a bit more character and a step in the right direction compared to the Hull game.
light weight and getting bullied on 20:45 - Dec 22 with 1230 viewsdgt73

light weight and getting bullied on 20:40 - Dec 22 by union_jack

JDG yes. But Bony? I thought his strength today was immense. Possibly in the wrong part of the field but immense all the same.

He's not doing what he's paid to do.

light weight and getting bullied on 20:48 - Dec 22 with 1211 viewsunion_jack

light weight and getting bullied on 20:45 - Dec 22 by dgt73

He's not doing what he's paid to do.

Fair point but this has to o with coaching / training surely.

However, if Bony planted himself right up front when the rest of the team fart around in midfield and fail to deliver the crosses he requires we'd all be criticizing even more.

light weight and getting bullied on 20:58 - Dec 22 with 1174 viewsdgt73

light weight and getting bullied on 20:48 - Dec 22 by union_jack

Fair point but this has to o with coaching / training surely.

However, if Bony planted himself right up front when the rest of the team fart around in midfield and fail to deliver the crosses he requires we'd all be criticizing even more.

You are right, the mid field keep on over playing it, when at times all it needs is get the ball out wide quicker, but our crossing is also a problem.

light weight and getting bullied on 21:43 - Dec 22 with 1096 viewsChippy69

light weight and getting bullied on 20:58 - Dec 22 by dgt73

You are right, the mid field keep on over playing it, when at times all it needs is get the ball out wide quicker, but our crossing is also a problem.

Bony needs to feck off ASAP.
ONCE AT THE 18 YARD BOX,we have feck all

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

light weight and getting bullied on 21:52 - Dec 22 with 1057 viewsunion_jack

light weight and getting bullied on 21:43 - Dec 22 by Chippy69

Bony needs to feck off ASAP.
ONCE AT THE 18 YARD BOX,we have feck all

And how is that Bony's fault exactly?

Login to get fewer ads

light weight and getting bullied on 22:08 - Dec 22 with 1016 viewsJokeren1943

Bony is a box player. Play him in the box and he will score. Don't play him 50 meters outside it.

We need to go on the outside and supply him with quality balls and he will score.

And without Michu please send Shelvey into the box with him (Bony). You don't score many goals with only one player in the box against 4 defenders)
[Post edited 22 Dec 2013 22:09]
light weight and getting bullied on 22:12 - Dec 22 with 997 viewsLiam12345

if we are fast enough going forward and providing good crosses and maybe even a man to help bony out then we would see a different player how do we expect to see him do anything when the ball is in our half of the pitch hes up front where he should be and then our shit deffence is giving the ball away constantly.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

light weight and getting bullied on 22:13 - Dec 22 with 993 viewsChippy69

light weight and getting bullied on 21:52 - Dec 22 by union_jack

And how is that Bony's fault exactly?

Because he is not prem standard,looks slow and second best on the pitch, really aint worth 11 mil, and we pissed away££££££££ on him.
And if your honest with yourself you will agree

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

light weight and getting bullied on 22:22 - Dec 22 with 970 viewsRancid

A striker needs service and Wilf gets very little.I just hope his head doesn't drop because at this moment in time it looks like he wishes he stayed in Holland.
light weight and getting bullied on 22:41 - Dec 22 with 940 viewsunion_jack

light weight and getting bullied on 22:13 - Dec 22 by Chippy69

Because he is not prem standard,looks slow and second best on the pitch, really aint worth 11 mil, and we pissed away££££££££ on him.
And if your honest with yourself you will agree

No I don't agree to be honest.

I think most of the posts on this thread say the same thing which is give him service, in the box and he'll do the rest.

Clearly, that's not happening at the moment. But it's not Bony's fault IMO.

light weight and getting bullied on 22:42 - Dec 22 with 938 viewsNogginthenog

I have to say that we should never have spent that much money on a striker that doesn't fit into our style of play, we need someone much more mobile and intelligent but they don't come cheap. JDG was also poor today, got bullied so many times and Routledge was awful, in effect we are playing with an arm tied behind our backs.I hate to say it but i don't tihnk Laudrup has the passion either.
light weight and getting bullied on 22:45 - Dec 22 with 925 viewsunion_jack

light weight and getting bullied on 22:42 - Dec 22 by Nogginthenog

I have to say that we should never have spent that much money on a striker that doesn't fit into our style of play, we need someone much more mobile and intelligent but they don't come cheap. JDG was also poor today, got bullied so many times and Routledge was awful, in effect we are playing with an arm tied behind our backs.I hate to say it but i don't tihnk Laudrup has the passion either.

I hope you are wrong about ML but he doesn't stay in one place too long. Maybe he gets bored and needs a change. Football manager's ADHD maybe?!

light weight and getting bullied on 22:55 - Dec 22 with 896 viewsrockin

So far it's a battle between fitting players to style or visa versa.... For me you grow your style of play and buy accordingly - that is what had served us well for the best part of a decade... Ironically the more dosh we have the more disjointed we look and I don't mean we're crap we just need to reevaluate and maybe accept bony for instance is not what we need and that we need
light weight and getting bullied on 23:04 - Dec 22 with 872 viewsRancid

I thought earlier and for the first time, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if someone else gave it a go next season.
light weight and getting bullied on 23:07 - Dec 22 with 863 viewsrockin

Laudrap is a good manager however I think we'd cope without him put it that way
light weight and getting bullied on 23:11 - Dec 22 with 856 viewsChippy69

Sorry mate,but bony is not what we need.
I think he is way out of his comfort zone, and will not play the football we need

light weight and getting bullied on 23:12 - Dec 22 with 856 viewsunion_jack

light weight and getting bullied on 23:04 - Dec 22 by Rancid

I thought earlier and for the first time, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if someone else gave it a go next season.

A club like ours which can't afford the high end quality players has to rely on a certain style and to modify that style on an ongoing basis to avoid getting stale and predictable. For that you need fresh ideas and that inevitably involves different coaches / managers.
SAF could stay at Man U because he could afford to bring in world class talent. I'm not knocking his achievement in an way by the way. We can't nor will we ever be in that position.
So yes, maybe a fresh approach building on the basic philosophy we have built up over the years would be for the best next year. A thought anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024