Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final third 01:04 - Dec 26 with 2479 viewsaspas45

This season we just can cut it in the final third, we are creating far less chances.

How can we improve this?
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 1:05]

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Final third on 02:07 - Dec 26 with 2437 viewsdeanscfc

Sign Aspas?

We're overplaying. Sometimes someone just needs to say' f*ck this I'm taking a shot'. Shelvey does it and has scored goals...we need one or two other players who do too.

Bony, for me, likes to try the flick on too much, when he's got the strength to turn and have shot.

Vasquez is looking like he may be a dud ala Shecter unfortunately.
Final third on 08:54 - Dec 26 with 2348 viewsDr_Winston

Final third on 02:07 - Dec 26 by deanscfc

Sign Aspas?

We're overplaying. Sometimes someone just needs to say' f*ck this I'm taking a shot'. Shelvey does it and has scored goals...we need one or two other players who do too.

Bony, for me, likes to try the flick on too much, when he's got the strength to turn and have shot.

Vasquez is looking like he may be a dud ala Shecter unfortunately.

Definite yes on the overplaying.

The amount of times we hang around when we could get a cross in, either trying to beat the extra man or lay it back is crazy. Gives opponents time to get numbers back and/or organise themselves.

Goes right back to the tempo thing. We're a much better side when we do things quickly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Final third on 09:09 - Dec 26 with 2325 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Final third on 08:54 - Dec 26 by Dr_Winston

Definite yes on the overplaying.

The amount of times we hang around when we could get a cross in, either trying to beat the extra man or lay it back is crazy. Gives opponents time to get numbers back and/or organise themselves.

Goes right back to the tempo thing. We're a much better side when we do things quickly.

What I can't understand is that Laudrup himself when he came here eulogized about not passing for passing's sake, getting the ball forward quickly and more effectively. We can't (yet) properly stand toe to toe with the big boys and moving the ball forward quickly gave us cruiserweights the element of unpredictability against the heavyweights.
Or something like that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Final third on 09:11 - Dec 26 with 2322 viewsDr_Winston

Final third on 09:09 - Dec 26 by Brynmill_Jack

What I can't understand is that Laudrup himself when he came here eulogized about not passing for passing's sake, getting the ball forward quickly and more effectively. We can't (yet) properly stand toe to toe with the big boys and moving the ball forward quickly gave us cruiserweights the element of unpredictability against the heavyweights.
Or something like that.

It's basically been since we got dicked at Anfield. Seems like that defeat mentally scarred Laudrup and the players and now they're terrified of getting caught out again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Final third on 09:24 - Dec 26 with 2298 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I disagee. We could always do better but scoring isn't our problem. We're scoring more than.last season and are seventh highest scorers in the division.

Our problem is that we are giving away far too many cheap goals at the back.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Final third on 09:55 - Dec 26 with 2257 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Final third on 09:11 - Dec 26 by Dr_Winston

It's basically been since we got dicked at Anfield. Seems like that defeat mentally scarred Laudrup and the players and now they're terrified of getting caught out again.

The irony is we dicked them 3-1 at Anfield in the cup playing fast counter attacking football.
We only got dicked up there because our squad was nowhere near what we have now and were playing some who will probably never even make the bench now, and we had Chico injured. That's no slight on any of the lads that did play, it's just that the club has bought well as the money has accumulated and no one can go on forever.
If Laudrup is mentally scarred over that reverse the week before we put out our strongest (available) side for the Capitol one cup final he needs therapy

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Final third on 10:47 - Dec 26 with 2201 viewsWhiterockin

Here are some interesting stats draw from them what you want.

If you compare us to Spurs.
We have scored 5 more goals.
We have both let in the same number of goals.
They have 10 more points than us.

Only 7 more teams have scored more goals than us. So is goal scoring the problem?
14 teams have let in the same number of goals or less.

In my opinion apart from a few spells the whole team do not play as a unit. It looks as if they haven't even trained together. But hey ho we are in mid table and the last 32 in Europe. But if we don't pick up a point in the next 5 matches which is entirely feasible. It could get very interesting on here.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 10:48]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Final third on 10:55 - Dec 26 with 2174 viewsaspas45

Maybe wrong we just seemed to create more last season and play more as a team. On the flip slide we also missed more chances last year it seems.

Login to get fewer ads

Final third on 11:08 - Dec 26 with 2147 viewsUxbridge

Final third on 09:24 - Dec 26 by Joe_bradshaw

I disagee. We could always do better but scoring isn't our problem. We're scoring more than.last season and are seventh highest scorers in the division.

Our problem is that we are giving away far too many cheap goals at the back.

Quite. There are some strange posts on this thread.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Final third on 11:21 - Dec 26 with 2122 viewsmacthejack

I think perhaps the biggest reason people are expressing displeasure is that we are not as exciting to watch as last season.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 11:21]
Final third on 11:45 - Dec 26 with 2057 viewsjandyt

For me, we simply aren't getting enough quality deliveries into the box. Bony has proven that he has the ability to score at this level, yet we fail to feed him around the six yard box. When we have done this he scores.

I know we don't play with the width we used to under Rodgers as Laudrup plays it more through the middle, but when we have crossed from wide, I think we've looked more threatening. Rangel also seems to be a massive part of the equation. When he's playing we look far more threatening. Tiendalli's positioning going forward looks nervous at best and often looks like a higher quality Michael Howard- nervous every time he gets beyond the half way line. I don't know what's gone wrong with the lad because last season he looked like a more than adequate back up, this season however he's as nervous as a kitten.

I guess the real question is why did we sign Bony for huge money if we weren't going to give him the kind of service he needs? We should have players capable of sometimes going outside and sometimes coming inside as it makes us less predictable and allows us to make the most of all our players strengths.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Final third on 11:53 - Dec 26 with 2043 viewsaspas45

We need decent winger apart from dyer nobody looked half consistent.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024