Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Tate 11:33 - Jan 3 with 11093 viewsSMsW

Hi. Aberdeen fan here. Rumours are we are signing Alan Tate on loan till end of season later today.
Looks to have a decent pedigree but what type of player is he and how did the leg break effect him?
Alan Tate on 18:48 - Jan 3 with 1829 viewsswancity

Alan Tate on 18:38 - Jan 3 by Darran

He's not an EPL standard player and if everyone's honest they'll agree.
He's been a great pro for us though.

As for Jango above what a c*nt.

Mango is probably about 12 lol

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Alan Tate on 18:56 - Jan 3 with 1817 viewsSwanseajill

If the fans take him to heart, he will still be playing until he drops. Putting in his very best shift while the rest of the team are halfway to the showers.
Feeds off the terraces, so if you're a vocal lot, you will be landed.

We all dream of a team of Alan Tates..........
Alan Tate on 19:02 - Jan 3 with 1803 viewsSwanseajill

That was meant to reply to topic, not your post Darran.

Not concentrating, The wind is giving me the wobbles today.
Alan Tate on 20:27 - Jan 3 with 1743 viewsVetchitBack

Alan Tate on 17:04 - Jan 3 by Jango

Carried for years by a very well organised and tactically brilliant team. Also very lucky to be in the team through injuries to other players! The fact that Yeovil this and a struggling Leeds team last didn't want his loan extended says it all. Terrible player

This post reads as "I'm a glory hunting tw@ who didn't support Swans when they were in the lower leagues."

Because then he was not "carried" and we were not "very well organised and tactically brilliant" and he was one of our best players who saved us from dropping out of the football league.

He was there was when we needed him most. Unlike some...
[Post edited 3 Jan 2014 20:29]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Alan Tate on 20:32 - Jan 3 with 1733 viewsFlashberryjack

Alan Tate on 18:36 - Jan 3 by swancity

Don't be such a silly boy

Very good footballer, calm when required and a good passer of the ball. Plays the game the way it should be but unfortunately for him had a poor game when given a torrid time by Everton last season in what may be his last game for us

A valuable and very versatile player he is a centre back primarily but has been our player of the year at right back in league one. Certainly good enough to do well in the spl.

A great club man at swansea city and a huge part of the rags to riches story. Pleased for him that he got to captain us in the premier league too. Best of luck to him.

Agree with every word

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Alan Tate on 20:45 - Jan 3 with 1707 viewsItchySphincter

Alan Tate on 16:13 - Jan 3 by VetchitBack

Hoof it? Really?

He used to play the ball out from defence at every opportunity. I remember him starting many attacks (and baffling particularly lower league opposition) by doing this. In fact his lack of hoofing it and sometimes trying to beat a player in his own box got him pelters.

Swansea Legend.

Nope. More likely to walk it out than Chico or Willams? Don't think so. Not being offensive here but far more likely to lump it forward than the others.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Alan Tate on 20:52 - Jan 3 with 1687 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Seems like a good move for him. Good club, competing near the top of SPL.

Hope he gives it his all, does well and signs permanently for them and has a new chapter in his career. Not a fan of the idea he stays here doing nothing and living off his reputation as a 'legend'. Looks like he's of the same mind and took up the offer, good on him.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Alan Tate on 20:58 - Jan 3 with 1673 viewsVetchitBack

Alan Tate on 20:45 - Jan 3 by ItchySphincter

Nope. More likely to walk it out than Chico or Willams? Don't think so. Not being offensive here but far more likely to lump it forward than the others.

I think you may be confusing ability with style of play.

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Tate on 21:06 - Jan 3 with 1666 viewsNeiltheTaylor

What position did he play when he was player f the season? Was it right back with Leon in front of him on the wing?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Alan Tate on 21:43 - Jan 3 with 1625 viewsItchySphincter

Alan Tate on 20:58 - Jan 3 by VetchitBack

I think you may be confusing ability with style of play.

I think you may be confusing your brain with a blancmange.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Alan Tate on 17:11 - Jan 4 with 1454 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone disparaging Alan Tate and calling themelves a Swansea City fan should take a long, hard look at themselves. The man's an all time legend of this club and that's not a word I use often.

Poll: Tory leader

Alan Tate on 17:15 - Jan 4 with 1445 viewsZut_Alors

Alan Tate on 17:11 - Jan 4 by exiledclaseboy

Anyone disparaging Alan Tate and calling themelves a Swansea City fan should take a long, hard look at themselves. The man's an all time legend of this club and that's not a word I use often.

Succinct and true. Good luck, Tatey, YJB!
Alan Tate on 17:31 - Jan 4 with 1423 viewsjacabertawe

Tate, along with our best ever Captain Monk and Leon are three players of whom I refuse to hear any criticism for their loyalty and commitment and giving their all. There are few (if any) others during the last ten years who would honestly stand tall to the question "Where would we be without them?".

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Alan Tate on 17:33 - Jan 4 with 1416 viewswaynekerr55

Alan Tate on 17:31 - Jan 4 by jacabertawe

Tate, along with our best ever Captain Monk and Leon are three players of whom I refuse to hear any criticism for their loyalty and commitment and giving their all. There are few (if any) others during the last ten years who would honestly stand tall to the question "Where would we be without them?".

Seconded. Tate was a very good championship utility defender. Jimmy Kebe a premier league player? Tatey had him in his back pocket in the final 3 years ago

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Alan Tate on 17:35 - Jan 4 with 1408 viewsUxbridge

Alan Tate on 17:31 - Jan 4 by jacabertawe

Yes we all remember how loyal Leon was.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Alan Tate on 17:39 - Jan 4 with 1371 viewswaynekerr55

Alan Tate on 17:35 - Jan 4 by Uxbridge

Tapped up by Judas and told not to sign a contract as he'd sign him (conveniently blamed on Sousa at the time). Unlike Judas to go back on his word...

Alan Tate on 17:40 - Jan 4 with 1363 viewsJackfath

Alan Tate on 17:33 - Jan 4 by waynekerr55

Seconded. Tate was a very good championship utility defender. Jimmy Kebe a premier league player? Tatey had him in his back pocket in the final 3 years ago

I thought Tate backed off him until they could double up on him. Clearly he had the beating of AT that day?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Alan Tate on 17:41 - Jan 4 with 1364 viewsexiledclaseboy

Alan Tate on 17:35 - Jan 4 by Uxbridge

I'm quite prepared to airbrush Leon's brief affair with Sheffield United out of history in recognition of his sterling and continuing service to us over the last decade. He made a mistake, it didn't work out, we took him back and it worked out swimmingly for all concerned. Everyone's a winner.

Poll: Tory leader

Alan Tate on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 1363 viewsUxbridge

Alan Tate on 17:39 - Jan 4 by waynekerr55

Tapped up by Judas and told not to sign a contract as he'd sign him (conveniently blamed on Sousa at the time). Unlike Judas to go back on his word...

And even then didn't sign the club record contract on the table. Lovely lad and future legend but loyal? Nah.

Alan Tate on 17:43 - Jan 4 with 1357 viewswaynekerr55

Alan Tate on 17:40 - Jan 4 by Jackfath

I thought Tate backed off him until they could double up on him. Clearly he had the beating of AT that day?

Didn't dive in or go too tight as he was quicker than him. From what I remember brainless Kebe fell for the trick every time and did nothing of note. Made me laugh when he said Reading didn't have the quality for the Premier League, must have included himself in his own rant

Alan Tate on 17:45 - Jan 4 with 1351 viewsUxbridge

Alan Tate on 17:41 - Jan 4 by exiledclaseboy

I'm quite prepared to airbrush Leon's brief affair with Sheffield United out of history in recognition of his sterling and continuing service to us over the last decade. He made a mistake, it didn't work out, we took him back and it worked out swimmingly for all concerned. Everyone's a winner.

As am I unless someone calls him loyal

Alan Tate on 17:54 - Jan 4 with 1335 viewsFlashberryjack

Correct

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Alan Tate on 20:32 - Jan 4 with 1231 viewsVetchitBack

Alan Tate on 21:43 - Jan 3 by ItchySphincter

I think you may be confusing your brain with a blancmange.

That's me out-argued and outwitted.

Alan Tate on 21:21 - Jan 4 with 1202 viewsymaohyd

I concur

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Alan Tate on 21:58 - Jan 4 with 1172 viewsjandyt

This, people too easily forget! We loved him, and he loves us. Very, very unusual for sa player to come in from another club and both give and gain that level of affection!

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024