Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford 17:33 - Jan 6 with 5674 viewsswanskid95

The only down side on the day was the stewards, what a bunch of ducks they were, throwing people out for standing up, seems to be one rule for us, another for glory supporters.

Anyway, I managed to get a video of us singing just before the final whistle, notice the empty seats in the home end...

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 09:36 - Jan 7 with 1447 viewspencoedjack

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 09:13 - Jan 7 by Devz00

Yes, in our first season it kicked off a bit where I was standing, right next to the home fans. The stewards were very heavy headed and threw a few out at half time.

I think also after 20 years of constant success Utd fans are not used to losing......

Welcome to the real world Mancs
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 16:45 - Jan 7 with 1348 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 09:36 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

I think also after 20 years of constant success Utd fans are not used to losing......

Welcome to the real world Mancs

I may be wrong but I'm 99% sure they've lost at least once in the last 20 years.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:31 - Jan 7 with 1272 viewsdan_swansea

The worst stewards I've ever come across. They were the ones causing the trouble and were giving it big in their high vis jackets. They need to get a proper job the arseholes

Poll: Safe standing; what's your thoughts?

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 20:00 - Jan 7 with 1257 viewsjacksinceever

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:31 - Jan 7 by dan_swansea

The worst stewards I've ever come across. They were the ones causing the trouble and were giving it big in their high vis jackets. They need to get a proper job the arseholes

I must have been at a different game. Apart from a few drunken Swansea clowns and a large minority who seemed more interested in singing anti-Cardiff, pro Den-Haag and spending half their time looking at Man U fans, the majority of fans had no hassle from police or stewards. i was at the back row and had police and stewards behind and to the side of me and due to the people in front standing at every opportunity, I was forced to spend 3/4 of the match standing. Not once was I spoken to by anyone.
For a club that is supposedly so strict on sitting down, they seemed quite lenient
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 20:34 - Jan 7 with 1226 viewsswanny

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:52 - Jan 6 by headcleaner

I know a tale about the stewarding at moldy trafford and the depths they go to. orrible lot and very antagonistic with th efull force of the law behind them. Grrrrrrr

TBH it's unbelievable, Dom - I still can't understand it.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 22:59 - Jan 7 with 1163 viewsJacTawe

I know this won't be a popular comment, but I'm all for stewards enforcing the sit down law.
Not because I'm being awkward, but because I'm short! Ito us shorties, all sweater stadiums are a blessing as long as those in front sit down!

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 23:55 - Jan 7 with 1140 viewsChief

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 22:59 - Jan 7 by JacTawe

I know this won't be a popular comment, but I'm all for stewards enforcing the sit down law.
Not because I'm being awkward, but because I'm short! Ito us shorties, all sweater stadiums are a blessing as long as those in front sit down!

Stewards tell you to sit down because its safer, despite there invariably being no injury caused to anyone.

They enforce this by literally grabbing, shoving and pushing people on or near the steps of the upper tiers some very steep stadiums.

which sounds more dangerous? the actions of the fans? or the stewards?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 07:48 - Jan 8 with 1095 viewsJacTawe

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 23:55 - Jan 7 by Chief

Stewards tell you to sit down because its safer, despite there invariably being no injury caused to anyone.

They enforce this by literally grabbing, shoving and pushing people on or near the steps of the upper tiers some very steep stadiums.

I realise why they tell people to sit down, and that their actions can be dangerous. The point I am making is that when people sit I can see eveything - when people stand I struggle to see, which is no fun especially when I pay for a ticket, petrol and parking to get to Salford.

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Login to get fewer ads

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 07:57 - Jan 8 with 1088 viewsChief

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 07:48 - Jan 8 by JacTawe

I realise why they tell people to sit down, and that their actions can be dangerous. The point I am making is that when people sit I can see eveything - when people stand I struggle to see, which is no fun especially when I pay for a ticket, petrol and parking to get to Salford.

yeah sorry mate, totally see your point, i pressed the wrong button, didn't mean to quote you. Just wanted to add a separate point to the thread.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 12:01 - Jan 8 with 1036 viewsJonoscfc

The stewards were horrendous for the whole game. I can understand being asked to sit down as there were a lot of kids sitting around me but standing every now and again is no harm. Ended up having to move towards the back just to enjoy the little atmosphere there was. Police were no problem just the bellend stewards. Looking forward to going back for round two this weekend. The league really needs to look into standing areas in the stadiums. It helps hugely for the atmosphere aswell.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 12:04 - Jan 8 with 1027 viewsswanskid95

It wasn't just the standing either with the stewards, one of the guys thrown out, for whatever reason, was dragged down the stairs by 5-6 stewards, just for standing up, and this is the first half.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 13:17 - Jan 8 with 1003 viewsTrundle10

What about the people who take kids to away matches. My son is six, WBA was fine as they lets us sit on the edge of the segregation due to persistant standing, Southampton was a nighmare, Did not take him to Cardiff for obvious reasons or St Gallen. City was ok Villa was hard work too. Not sure how it should be tbh, but kids want to watch too. Had to spemnd most games standing and holding him..... Would prefer sittin TBH. Or at least grouping kids together with unresticted views if that were possible.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 13:26 - Jan 8 with 994 viewscontroversial_jack

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 23:55 - Jan 7 by Chief

They aren't allowed to put their hands on you if they do it's assault. As employees of a private company they have no powers of arrest or no powers to detain. They can only call the police the same as any security guard or any private citizen can do.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 14:37 - Jan 8 with 960 viewsStarsky

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 22:59 - Jan 7 by JacTawe

Strange thing to say but I guess we'll all be nice and warm.

It's just the internet, init.

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 14:38 - Jan 8 with 956 viewsSA1_Jack

I've read somewhere that when the Cardiff fans go away, regardless of their seat number, automatically all the more elderly, family with kids or those who just prefer to sit will all head straight down to the front rows so they can sit down, leaving everyone who wants to stand do so happily behind them? No idea if that's actually what happens, but it makes a lot of sense.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 15:06 - Jan 8 with 909 viewsJohnw102

I was about to do a speech at Old Trafford and was thrown out before I even finished testing the mic. They are so touchy about 1-2 1-2

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:03 - Jan 8 with 865 viewsTrundle10

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 14:38 - Jan 8 by SA1_Jack

I've read somewhere that when the Cardiff fans go away, regardless of their seat number, automatically all the more elderly, family with kids or those who just prefer to sit will all head straight down to the front rows so they can sit down, leaving everyone who wants to stand do so happily behind them? No idea if that's actually what happens, but it makes a lot of sense.

seems reasonable.
The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:06 - Jan 8 with 863 viewsNeath_Jack

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 13:26 - Jan 8 by controversial_jack

They aren't allowed to put their hands on you if they do it's assault. As employees of a private company they have no powers of arrest or no powers to detain. They can only call the police the same as any security guard or any private citizen can do.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:12 - Jan 8 with 854 viewsDarran

The fans and stewards at Old Trafford on 19:06 - Jan 8 by Neath_Jack

Wolfie.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024